Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? (33129 Views)

"How To Know When Someone Is More Intelligent Than You" by UnoDiscuss.com / No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students / Are Engineering Students Really More Intelligent Than Medical Students? (picx) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by kraftykc(m): 6:34am On Mar 20, 2015
Pr0ton:
This had been a long seemingly never-ending argument back then in secondary school. However, the surpassing notion was that if a science student resorted to being an art student he would be more intelligent than the-normal-art-student.

The reason we had was that it is arbitrary normal for science students to have higher IQ than art students, so the brain a science would be using for Art would definitely be more intellingently complex compared to the-normal-art-student.

What do you think?

Hmmm. See post below
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by kraftykc(m): 6:36am On Mar 20, 2015
Pr0ton:
This had been a long seemingly never-ending argument back then in secondary school. However, the surpassing notion was that if a science student resorted to being an art student he would be more intelligent than the-normal-art-student.

The reason we had was that it is arbitrary normal for science students to have higher IQ than art students, so the brain a science would be using for Art would definitely be more intellingently complex compared to the-normal-art-student.

What do you think?

That's a relevant question and in all fairness the IQ tests are more logic based than artistic and as such play to the strengths of science students. People like Angelo, Mozart, Noam Chomsky and Tai Solarin are praised as "talents" not intelligent, so the IQ charting to me doesn't represent a fair and balanced method of judgment.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 7:33am On Mar 20, 2015
mikeczay:
u stay in ibd ryt?
sure.....u??
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Pr0ton: 8:00am On Mar 20, 2015
kraftykc:

That's a relevant question and in all fairness the IQ tests are more logic based than artistic and as such play to the strengths of science students. People like Angelo, Mozart, Noam Chomsky and Tai Solarin are praised as "talents" not intelligent, so the IQ charting to me doesn't represent a fair and balanced method of judgment.

Those two words are applicably the same, in this context. Just as we could call Einstein's intelligence talent.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by johnadeb(m): 8:11am On Mar 20, 2015
i tink d issue is nt realy science bn more inteligent dan their arts counterparts, but its a tin of d mind, perception and attitude; many ppu av bn brainwashed to bliv dt arts is less competitive and dt culminate into laziness on d part of many art students.... so d real issue is even if an art student finds his/her way into d science world, he wud perform briliantly because of d myths nd challenges of bn a science student wch wud make him go extra miles.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by samueljonah(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2015
Guyz d trut is dat it depends on d individuals in d respective field... imagine those dull science students that alwayz sit at d back of d class... who dont knw their left from their right.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by kingstony2k(m): 10:26am On Mar 20, 2015
what ever angle you see it,science is more brilliant, Smart and fast in reasoning but intelligency applies to both....
WHY DO I SAY SO?
SCIENCE as a course:Is a brainy subject and can not be mastered or learned by dull people.
1.you can not clam formulars cuz it may have many method of of applications;just knew d derivations.
2.science base on fact and nature and it applies to our day to day activities.
3.it is to volatile and deep to under stand dat y it can be mastered by brilliant ones.
4.Intelligent on its own is dat to undastnd qat its being said abt u have to compare it wit wat u av witnessed.Dats making reference.
science student thing widely.
ART as a course: just applies Brilliant.
1.One can easily clam so tin in art.
2.Art is just wat is and what might be(if you understand..kudos)
3.Art can be learned by any one without someone to help u undastnd.( never in science)
4.Overall Art is very easy Cruz no much thinking is involve except for government ( science all involves thinking).

CHECK DIS:HAV ANY 1 DULL INVENTED ANYTING .every invention is done by smart people or meek but no dull people.

Some people run from science due to Calculation but art calculation is just minor.

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by temmym4(m): 10:59am On Mar 20, 2015
Bn Intelligent? Nope, Bn in the science wing doesnt make you intelligent, it is a gift.
But Bn more brilliant, Yes! science student tend to be more brilliant than the rest due to the extra effort required for their chosen career.

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 20, 2015
i build a movin car at 8yrz old nd nw am in art class but stil, i stil got d talent so inteligent is given
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Fellonigerians: 11:36am On Mar 20, 2015
A typical engineer cannot think like a lawyer, and a typical lawyer cannot think like an engineer... Different fields, so different ways of thinking... Brains are wired differently... Cant compare the two groups...
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by mikeczay: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
dara319:
sure.....u??
no but will lyk to b friends
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Awesomeking: 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
The worst thing after all this nobody even remembers commercial student--proudly an economist.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Pr0ton: 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
Awesomeking:
The worst thing after all this nobody even remembers commercial student--proudly an economist.

Hahaha.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by chukzzy1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
dara319:
sum1 said sumtin abt science bin wot u can apply to a day to day tin...yeah it is....dats makin lyf beta ma dears... science grows everyday....we started frm usin bicycle to tricycles to motor cars of improved brands nw wit ur a.c n stereo....lwkmd o......come to fink of it sef.....wot av u art students n gradutes done to make dis lyf a beta place for every1......its even worse nw..judging by d divorce rate in most countries nigeria inclusive.... except cram constitutions invented 100 centuries bak....no new innovations......or ar u sayin even dis lawyers u said av a beta IQ in ur field aint eligible enuf (which i dnt bliv) or no encouragment since dia new constitutions will nt be accredicted......wot do we call dat @ art peepz
Your ignorance is beyond human comprehension....your knowledge of law is restricted to just the constitution *chuckles*.Get a grip sis
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
mikeczay:
no but will lyk to b friends
ok....where do u reside
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
chukzzy1:
Your ignorance is beyond human comprehension....your knowledge of law is restricted to just the constitution *chuckles*.Get a grip sis
wot else den...i ,might even learn one or two tins here ...i guess
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by treasuregr8(f): 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
we can't measure intellect with being a science or art student.
while science is based on rigorous application of technique and methods, art is based on historical cum analogical principle. one's choice for either of them is based on the areas where they will make the best contribution. therefore one's IQ ain't determined by any of these.

as much as the world remembers many scientists like Einstein and Newton, Hitler, Mandela and co ain't forgotten either.

#treasuregr8 was here
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by kingjay18(m): 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
treasuregr8:
we can't measure intellect with being a science or art student.
while science is based on rigorous application of technique and methods, art is based on historical cum analogical principle. one's choice for either of them is based on the areas where they will make the best contribution. therefore one's IQ ain't determined by any of these.

as much as the world remembers many scientists like Einstein and Newton, Hitler, Mandela and co ain't forgotten either.

#treasuregr8 was here
MUAH! U RE TOO GOOD.TNK U FR D POST. sum1 said ART STUDENT DON'T THINK EXCEPT IN GOVERNMENT. Dis shows u re a dull science student,imagine! govt ma foot wen we av subject dat can mak u tink and go crazy e.g literature. 88% of art students do fail literature like madt cos its d mirror of life,very wide and also involve d ability to think. U need to knw how art student re goin crazy all in d name of " I MUST READ"
wen it comes to reading,art students read alot compare to oda dept

How do i knw?
u can't study law wen u don't like reading THEM NO BORN U WELL.(u knw wat i mean,)
u can't study political science or sociology or phillosophy wen u don't av d ability of reading and thinking. U WAN DIE NI
abeg i no fit type much oo
the king ENGLISH.No STUDENT no go do ENGLISH fr sch both secondary and tertiary e.g all student must offer english for jamb, i lie? and english is associated wit d ART
So i believe every student have diffenrent IQ depending on how serious u re in any field u find ursef.

KUDOS TO EINSTEIN,NEWTON, FARADAY, EDISON AND MA GUD PHILLOSOPHERS ADOLF HITLER, KARL MARX, A.V DICEY, JEAN BODIN ETC

AND KUDOS TO US WHO RE WORKIN HARD TO DO GREAT JUST LIKE DEM.

#rep sociology

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by millionboi(m): 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
menix:

So ow many of ur Engineering prof. Wiv big brains can equal his achievement.

nobody is talkin abt money here......ok

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by mikeczay: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
dara319:
ok....where do u reside
lag but am frm ibd and i visit there often
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by mikeczay: 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
dara319:
ok....where do u reside
lag but i often visit ibd
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Vires: 12:17am On Mar 22, 2015
Civil Engr and their endless calculations in Structural Mechnics nko
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Vires: 12:25am On Mar 22, 2015
Yeah arts can be very hard
you have to really read and really really understand
Science, especially engineering
you will read, understand, calculate and apply to a very logical conclusion, very little room for guess work
#teamscienceanyday#
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pr0ton:

Ok. Let's take it this way. Imagine a bright science student being compared with a bright art student, you think their IQ won't be distinctively different?

arts is wayyy broader & more difficult to grasp . .

all the scientists who invented one thing or the other were merely exploring the artistic side of em'.
& yeah, a bright art student is wayyy more intelligent & knowledgeable when compared to an equally bright science stud. .
a science stud would confuse me with all the formulas in the world & I would leave him exasperated after fluently narrating greek mythology or the migration of the carpetbaggers during America's civil war to him...oops ✘
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
cc: prot0n

as a sign off post:- your innate understanding of calculus or your ingenious take on the English literature cannot be used as a yardstick in judging the IQ of an individual ✘
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Fayvhur(f): 9:40am On Nov 18, 2015
Each has it's own merits and demerits, A science student, wouldn't understand empathy with other humans. He lives in his world of science where no one but him and his formulas and inventions. Generally they're selfish and can be callous, especially wen they're so versed in an idea which may be good or bad.
An art student has the perception and depth a science student lacks. He knows wat the real world is like. His studies of Machiavelli, Sun tzu, Shakespeare, has made him an empath in the ways of life, he sees circumstances as they are, he is generally an activist in life
they can be fanatics, but smart
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Fayvhur(f): 9:51am On Nov 18, 2015
I'm a science student, and i don't think my depth and empathy arose from science. It came from studies of the arts. I would only be an empty vessel, filled with formulas, talkin only science. Nothing in my science textbooks, gives me an insight on why humans behave the way they do...i would only say its evolution, and maybe perform some experiments..
Every factor counts, both arts and science. Why do you think CIA, MOSSAD, BSS, employs both scientists and free-thinkers[arts]??
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Pr0ton: 11:47am On Mar 20, 2016
Fayvhur:
I'm a science student, and i don't think my depth and empathy arose from science. It came from studies of the arts. I would only be an empty vessel, filled with formulas, talkin only science.

Even art is science. Science is the mother of all.

Nothing in my science textbooks, gives me an insight on why humans behave the way they do...i would only say its evolution, and maybe perform some experiments..

You haven't read enough.

Every factor counts, both arts and science. Why do you think CIA, MOSSAD, BSS, employs both scientists and freethinker[arts]??

Yh they do.. And that's not the subject of the debate.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Fayvhur(f): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Pr0ton:

Even art is science. Science is the mother of all.

You haven't read enough.

Yh they do.. And that's not the subject of the debate.

you can say dhat, buh science is truly empty......it explains nothing
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Fxwarrior: 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
Pr0ton:

What do you think?

I agree. I know someone who did science and made 3rd class and later switched to do an arts course and made a first class.

So its very true.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Fxwarrior: 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
Iyanusele:
Yes ooo, science subjects make us more ken and versatile in every sphere of life.

I remember those days in GSS Wuse, Abuja, we go dey feeel with our Big Ababio( Chemistry textbook), model Biology n Physics textbooks.

All the babes in school than wants to friend the guys in A class....

Salutations to all the Science students in the house

Model biology abi na Modern biology. You sure say you study science?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? / Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.