Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,011 members, 7,810,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend (1878 Views)

(photo)it's HARD To Find Girls With This Kind Of Beauty That Can / If Your Girlfriend Does Not Have This Kind Of Nyash.. / How Do I Deal With This Kind Of Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
I have never been a fan of girls depending on guys for money and I have never asked any guy for money excluding my father and brothers.

I have a guy friend who is also my coursemate and a lodge mate.The way the guy has been acting I think he just sees me as a mugu to eat.I give this guy food at least 2 times a day.Some days if he walks in on me drinking,I will offer him another drink.All the while I have been doing this,I was doing it out of my own free will. But I had a second thought when he started asking me for foodstuffs ranging from Indomie,Rice,beans,Roasted meats and so on.He even goes as far as asking when I will open my carton of indomie so he can collect.It got to a point where he only comes to my room when am about eating.Once there is no food in my house,I don't see him around.

He has never offered me anything.We may be coming back from sch together,he buys water and won't even offer to buy me any unless I ask.Before he parked into my lodge,I went to visit him one day,wen I got off the bike,the bikeman said he doesn't have #200 change.I asked him for #50 to pay off the bike man and he said he didn't but later he brought out #50 from the same pocket to give someone else.

*This dude is being sent nothing less than 3k every week and yet he keeps on complaining he doesn't have money.And hence keeps on attaching.I have long stopped giving him anything.Now,he just barges into my room and asks did u cook?I just give him the silent treatment.He keeps on telling me I have changed.That my female friends are teaching me bad things.

Is it just that he is stingy or is he just stingy to me alone. And how can I cut him off as a frnd cox I have tried and he seem not to get it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Intrepid01(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Spell it out for him

1 Like

Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by XtraSmooth404: 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2015
the guy has got a school mother shocked
#Mother Zoning
okay...on a serious note, I think the best bet is to move to another Lodge next session. That should limit your contacts @ home. @school, you should start hanging out often with your fellow girls, visit the library too. With time he'll get the msg. Don't be rude to him, remember he's your course mate. He maybe of help to you later in the dept. Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Rexhenrex(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by major466(m): 1:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
These kind of people are no friends. They're are parasite. I know them. The moment you decide to say no to their demands, they'll badmouth you as the most stingy person they've ever seen to people around. The best thing to do is to stay away.
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by ronald4lif(m): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
What shocked
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
Intrepid01:
Spell it out for him
I have done that and he couldn't come up with anything to defend himself.He just kept moping
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by PunkyOh(f): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
Just tell him to fùck off.

I ended a 10 year friendship with someone just like that. They leech off you & seem to take your generous nature as some form of weakness to exploit. They take, take & take but when it's time to return the favour, poof, they pull a Houdini & can't be found.

The straw that broke the camel's back in my friendship were two things 1) I called her every year on her birthday, using my own money but on mine, all I got were FREE personalised MTN please call mes saying "Happy Birthday". Pissed me off for years but 2 is what sent me over the edge & made me say bye bye to the bytch. I went to her house & she was busy preparing dinner. When she was done, she dished up only for herself & her husband. I was full but it hurt my feelings because this was someone I entertained at my house countless times. Never going Dutch with her on anything, I paid for everything myself while she saved & mistaken me for a fool. I amputated her out of my life like she never existed. Ignored all her calls & messages until she finally stopped trying. That was early last year & I don't regret it one bit. So just cut your loses & tell him to vamos. Bye!

Sorry for the novel lol.
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
This one na leech. No be friend. If he reciprocates at least, I could defend him. But in this case, shame dey catch me as I dey read am sef.
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Fulaboy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Dem no born him sefff am I his mother/father undecided
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by XtraSmooth404: 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackett:
This one na leech. No be friend. If he reciprocates at least, I could defend him. But in this case, shame dey catch me as I dey read am sef.
the dude is naturally stingy, haba. He is the type that will travel for weekend and can never buy bread for anyone @ lodge.
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
OP u're calm on him. I had a guy friend like dat too and d day I refused 2 give him Eba and ogbono soup he met me eating, was d day we fought and some other guys in my lodge came 2 beat d guy for me sef!

Better change am for d guy!
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

the dude is naturally stingy, haba. He is the type that will travel for weekend and can never buy bread for anyone @ lodge.
I know how I deal with such people. I'll eat my food for your front, nothing go happen. Or instead, I go and eat at a restaurant, come back home and start gisting with him. He'll keep looking at the time, reckoning that I should have started cooking by then. But I'll still be gisting.

When the worms in his stomach gives him a bite, he'll go look for food elsewhere - that's what's up, mitch!
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by chimerase2: 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Baby he has FOODZONED u grin
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackett:
I know how I deal with such people. I'll eat my food for your front, nothing go happen. Or instead, I go and eat at a restaurant, come back home and start gisting with him. He'll keep looking at the time, reckoning that I should have started cooking by then. But I'll still be gisting.

When the worms in his stomach gives him a bite, he'll go look for food elsewhere - that's what's up, mitch!

lol.I have done that so many times and he will always ask "aren't u going to cook cox am hungry"...There was a day I shunned him asking him if I was his girlfriend, mum or wife..He went that day and still came back to ask for food the nxt day
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
whizbrain:
lol.I have done that so many times and he will always ask "aren't u going to cook cox am hungry"...There was a day I shunned him asking him if I was his girlfriend, mum or wife..He went that day and still came back to ask for food the nxt day
Even the bible says "let your no be no"

Such people will keep saving their money and one day they'll launch an expensive gadget. You no come school to feed person o.
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by espn(m): 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
whizbrain:
I have never been a fan of girls depending on guys for money and I have never asked any guy for money excluding my father and brothers.

I have a guy friend who is also my coursemate and a lodge mate.The way the guy has been acting I think he just sees me as a mugu to eat.I give this guy food at least 2 times a day.Some days if he walks in on me drinking,I will offer him another drink.All the while I have been doing this,I was doing it out of my own free will. But I had a second thought when he started asking me for foodstuffs ranging from Indomie,Rice,beans,Roasted meats and so on.He even goes as far as asking when I will open my carton of indomie so he can collect.It got to a point where he only comes to my room when am about eating.Once there is no food in my house,I don't see him around.

He has never offered me anything.We may be coming back from sch together,he buys water and won't even offer to buy me any unless I ask.Before he parked into my lodge,I went to visit him one day,wen I got off the bike,the bikeman said he doesn't have #200 change.I asked him for #50 to pay off the bike man and he said he didn't but later he brought out #50 from the same pocket to give someone else.

*This dude is being sent nothing less than 3k every week and yet he keeps on complaining he doesn't have money.And hence keeps on attaching.I have long stopped giving him anything.Now,he just barges into my room and asks did u cook?I just give him the silent treatment.He keeps on telling me I have changed.That my female friends are teaching me bad things.

Is it just that he is stingy or is he just stingy to me alone. And how can I cut him off as a frnd cox I have tried and he seem not to get it.
it's simple. Cook something nice. Make sure ur door is opened so he can perceive d smell. When he comes in chat with him as usual. When the food is ready. Serve urself..i repeat just 1 plate..1 spoon..1 pure water. If he ask..simply tell him that's what u r eating for 2days.if he doesn't understand. Tell him in clearer terms. The food is not enough for me. I once had a friend like that when i was in school. He's from STOMACH INFASTRUCTURE State

1 Like

Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by goodmorning40: 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
Mama christmas
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by roseylove(f): 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hahaha.this kain thing no dey dey difficult for me.its even happening to one of ma galfrds now.it just soo disgusting. Tell him to his face that he should never ask u for anything or else u would stop talking to him or rather Bleep him off ya life. Omor c liability ooo. shocked
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Melahou(m): 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
don't give him again else he`ll run you done...
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by PunkyOh(f): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
Some people are naturally too nice & friendly though. Maybe it's due to upbringing. IDK. But some people's parasitic ways can make you think twice about being too giving to some of them. They make you selfish.

I'm a sucker to my friends too, even from a young age. I'd cut everything I had in half & take the smaller piece. Play all the games I didn't wanna play just because they wanted to play them. Hell, I even let them bossy me around. I'm too nice. But I also have a very mean side that comes out when I get fed up with all the horseshyt people dish up. I'll look at someone & think to myself, "OMG, does he/she know who he/she is fùcking with here?", because when I flip honey, they don't believe that it's sweet old me. I flip on selfish hoes like a gymnast. LMFAO.

Know your limits OP & don't let anyone ride you for too long. Stop the gravy-train midsteam & tell the passengers to GTFO. Pronto. The reaction you'll get is classic. The kind of stuff that LOLs are made of.
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
PunkyOh:
Some people are naturally too nice & friendly though. Maybe it's due to upbringing. IDK. But some people's parasitic ways can make you think twice about being too giving to some of them. They make you selfish.

I'm a sucker to my friends too, even from a young age. I'd cut everything I had in half & take the smaller piece. Play all the games I didn't wanna play just because they wanted to play them. Hell, I even let them bossy me around. I'm too nice. But I also have a very mean side that comes out when I get fed up with all the horseshyt people dish up. I'll look at someone & think to myself, "OMG, does he/she know who he/she is fùcking with here?", because when I flip honey, they don't believe that it's sweet old me. I flip on selfish hoes like a gymnast. LMFAO.

Know your limits OP & don't let anyone ride you for too long. Stop the gravy-train midsteam & tell the passengers to GTFO. Pronto. The reaction you'll get is classic. The kind of stuff that LOLs are made of.
I am very very slow to anger.And when I react sometimes,I over-do things
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by PunkyOh(f): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
whizbrain:
I am very very slow to anger.And when I react sometimes,I over-do things

Overdo them hun, they deserve every bit of the theatrics grin
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
PunkyOh:

Overdo them hun, they deserve every bit of the theatrics grin
I will just have to "punkyfied" him then....*Evil Laughter*
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by PunkyOh(f): 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
whizbrain:
I will just have to "punkyfied" him then....*Evil Laughter*

Lolz. All the best smiley
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
PunkyOh:

Lolz. All the best smiley
Thanks hun for the help
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Kingblingz(m): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
The guy is naturally Born stingy if he doesn't wear good cloths afta depending on u 4 food! This guy is not ur buh a frend 2 ur POT,POCKET n FOOD STUFFs he's just using u 2 Access his frnds as e be say una dey close....
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Mhizizzy(f): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Later guyz will be like

Nigerian girls are golddiggers

Wen dey demselves go dey beg for garri from girls

I also had a Guy like dat in my part one days buh I wisened up
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by baralatie(m): 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
whizbrain:

now that you have diagnosed the person,with your hand and head offer a solution!
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
baralatie:

now that you have diagnosed the person,with your hand and head offer a solution!
I don't get you sir.Rephrase
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by stephenqueen: 5:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
grin grin grin

lagmostkuit:
OP u're calm on him. I had a guy friend like dat too and d day I refused 2 give him Eba and ogbono soup he met me eating, was d day we fought and some other guys in my lodge came 2 beat d guy for me sef!

Better change am for d guy!
Re: What Will You Call This Kind Of Friend by YoshiMaster: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
I wonder why people are like that, there was this one guy while I was still in school that I'd lend 20-50 dollars to every now and then. When it comes time to pay, he'll be yanning dust, until I tell him to fash.

What really broke my heart was when I asked this dude for just 5 dollars and he kept saying no. I was like dude, I've been lending you money for how long now and you can't lend me just 5 bucks? I think it was shacking him somehow to see me not even have enough money for ramen, while he just got paid.

That was it men, utterly disgusting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies,what Is Ur Idea Of A Dateable Guy? / Ladies If You Were To Be One Of The Two Ladies / These Are The 7 MAGICAL 3 Words That Will Keep Your Relationship STRONG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.