Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,638 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life (50154 Views)

Before They Mislead President Buhari: Dele Momodu / Don’t Encourage Corruption, APC Cautions Sultan, Oritsejafor, Kukah, Others / I'm A Tinubu Boy, I Won't Join Others To Mislead Him - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Jossy4luv1(m): 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Asaba — THE All Progressives Congress (APC) has cautioned the Deeper Life Bible Church and its General Superintendant, Pastor William Kumuyi, not to mislead Nigerians

Kumuyi, who was represented by the Delta State overseer of the church, Senior Pastor Obinna Nkemjika, at a media briefing in Asaba, had posited that a cleric, who involved himself in political activities, had engaged in mundane things and lack the vision for his pastoral calling.

Such cleric, Kumuyi continued, may not be too far from the combination of the presidential candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari, and Pastor Yemi Osinbajo in the forthcoming general elections.

But the Delta State chapter of the APC had disagreed with the church that the people would not be liberated from the shackles of oppression if anointed men of God do not take up the mantle of leadership, urging the church not to deceive Christians.

State Publicity Secretary of the party, Isaac Adaka Adakpo, in an interview, maintained that the era has come for politics to be Christianised, maintaining that Christians have no reason to complain if the ungodly ones find their ways into the helms of affairs because they were afforded the same opportunity.

He said: "Christians should become politicians, take chieftaincy titles and become kings because if you reject politics as a Christian and say it is ungodly, then the ungodly people take over and you do not have to complain. We need to Christianise politics."

Adakpo, in a veiled reply, said the country is currently sinking low amidst the fallen oil price and depreciating currency because the affairs of the nation lie in the hands of clueless leaders, who, he said, "have no fear of God."

He urged Christians, especially clerics, who are already politicking, to get their acts together if Nigeria must be liberated.

"It is imperative, therefore, for those seeking political power among them in the upcoming general elections to sit-up.

"That is why we are calling for change, which is the more reason why Nigerians must, for uprightness, vote out on March 28 and April 11 the looters of our common destiny," he emphasized.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201503201280.html

dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/dont-mislead-christians-apc-cautions-deeper-life/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by SeverusSnape(m): 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
Bunch of jokers... Just imagine this rubbish...
“Christians should become
politicians, take chieftaincy titles and
become kings because if you reject politics
as a Christian and say it is ungodly, then
the ungodly people take over and you do
not have to complain. We need to
Christianise politics.”
Who are the "ungodly" he was referring to?... Muslims?.. Atheists?... Traditional worshippers

I laugh at the stupidity of APC.... They want to "Christianise" politics. Buhari will choose the Pope as his running mate in 2019. Rubbish!!!

166 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by ArchEnemy(m): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
Except you are called or specially anointed, a righteous heavenly minded christain wont go and entangle

himself wih Nigerian politics.. leave the church alone.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
LINUS..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by steppin: 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
Complaints all the time. I tire for una.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
grin cheesy :Dhmmmm......it is well. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Change2015(m): 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
Next thing they will say is that Christians should not vote abi? Ish!

#change
#GMB
#APC

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by egift(m): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
The Bible said God created man to dominate the Earth. While we wait for the coming of Christ, we will not surrender ourselves to be ruled by corrupt and demonic agents of the devil. We are the light and salt of the world. Our place as Children of God is to seat among Kings and Princes.

Kudos to Prof. Osinbajo for accepting to serve Nigerians in the capacity of the Vice President of Nigeria. We as Nigerians only have 8 more days to excavate the roots of impunity and corruption out of our system.

God bless Nigeria. Things must Change for good.

NOTE: The Bible is filled with great men of God who held political office. Some even played dual roles as both Priests and Leaders. Daniel and his 3 Jewish brothers in Babylon comes to mind.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by rawpadgin(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
to pastor osinbajo

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by raumdeuter: 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
rawpadgin:
to pastor osinbajo

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

How come Jonadumb a so called Christian is yoked with Samboribobo ?

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Rad1cal: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
Pastor Kumuiyi must have been bribed with dollars according to the APC swines. grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by rawpadgin(m): 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
raumdeuter:

How come Jonadumb a so called Christian is yoked with Samboribobo ?
did i said every Muslim is an unbeliever

14 Likes

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by ziccoit: 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Except you are called or specially anointed, a righteous heavenly minded christain wont go and entangle

himself wih Nigerian politics.. leave the church alone.

Christians should not entangle themselves in politics but CAN could be a religion arm of ruling party through the able hand of her president. Stop deceiving us, the biggest donators in churches nowadays are politicians who are Christians not minding their corrupt manners.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by raumdeuter: 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
rawpadgin:
did i said every Muslim is an unbeliever

What makes one an unbeliever? or what made Buhari an unbeliever and Sambo not?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
A good christain will not involve himself with politics.
I still cant fathom why a pastor shld be involved in politics

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
Why are we on earth, ever asked that question

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
March 28, 8 days left.
Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by TRADELYN: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
Why should any religious body think like that?

2 Likes

Pastor Kumuyi did not lie now.

I don't see how an anointed man of God can engage in Nigerian Politics without soiling his hands.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by joystickextendr: 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
hmm interesting undecided

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by sammyj: 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Then why did God allow and anoint David, Solomon and Saul if Christians are not meant to be kings or rulers. Abeg they should leave GMB and Osinbajo alone and face their own ministry and calling.

We need Christians, God fearing and credible candidate running our government and not clueless ungodly people . God Bless Nigeria !!
SAI Buhari !!!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
thank you Jesus Christ our God.
for choosing Gej

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by idowuswap: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Muslim can never mislead christian or any igbo man because we know what we are doing in politics

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Mrsshady(f): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
na wah o!
Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Firefire(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Unfortunately APC leadership are becoming irritating, a roaring lion's kills no game.

Yeye Party. Alliance Propagandist Congress undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by dan55: 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
decive yourselves if christians should not join politics. Why is so so called corrupt CAN president involved in politics endosing oga jona. Pdp and their useless properganda. While was david in the bible a king while seving God? Was that not politics, was it not leadership Papa deciving pikin called pdp

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by EverestdeBliu(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
(On bended knees)
Oh LORD purify me,make me holy,I need Your divine touch O LORD.
I envy this man(Pastor Kumuyi), I so wish to be like him.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by 1Dray(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
The Bible is clear on this... "Meddle not with them that are given to 'Change'" Proverb 24:21b (KJV)

Surely, in them (Change fellows) encompasses hypocrisy. Woe betides these wolves in sheep clothing.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Vikkie14: 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
A pastor that go into poltics have already lose the vision of his calling. This bring forward the doubt over his calling. A pastor is called to serve in the kingdom not in politics. The most a pastor can do in politics is to advice and counsel those in Authority. Haba na! Give unto cesaer the things that are cesaer, and give unto God the things that are God says the bible. While mixing the two together? Well, it depends on the kind of pastor Kumuyi is referring to. In this world, there are two types of pastors-- THE BELLY-CALLED and THE GOD-CALLED. Why are they called pastor? Isn't Christ command that they should tend to his sheeps(believers in christ)? Why will a pastor leave his PRIMARY assignment to engage in politics? They are meant to preach to convert souls not to convert someone to a political party. Firstly, it wasn't spoken by Kumuyi himself, but was on his behalf. Secondly, what correlation has a PASTOR with POLITICS? What is a pastor doing in politics?
I dont think the pastor that said it meant that "christian shouldn't engage in politics" but that P A S T O R shouldn't and must not dive into politics. Politics corrupt the mind. We can imagine the e-war ordinary party faithful were engaging themselves on even here on nairaland, now tell me, the damage this will caused for a pastor who dive into politics. 1. He become attracted to earthly things. He will soon become a liar, giving promises upon promises--something they MAY never fulfil. And what does the bible says concerning this. It says, THOU SHALL REDEEM THY VOW. IT'S BETTER THOU DOES NOT VOW, THAN TO VOW AND NOT FULFIL IT. 2. Heavenly things are removed from their heart. They now concentrate on politics than to nourish their spiritual soul. 3. They start offering strange fire on the Altar of God. What do i mean by strange fire? Instead of preaching about the Kingdom of heaven--which is the MAIN purpose of their calling, they now start preaching politics on the Altar. It's then they starts seeing visions upon visions, prophesying upon prophesying that this so so candidate is the Will of God. Well, bible have already stated their punishment: CURSE IS HE THAT SAID THUS SAYS THE LORD, WHEN THE LORD DID NOT SAY SO.
Personally, I dont agree that Pastors(i mean those who are trully called by God) should interfere in politics. Christians can go into politics BUT NOT PASTORS.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Kx: 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=Proverbs 29 vs 2[/quote]

[size=15pt]When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bears rule, the people mourn.[/size]

Deeper Life, una know pass Bible?
Abegi.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Mislead Christians, APC Cautions Deeper Life by Medley(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
even deeper life? By the time this election is over,APC would have ridiculed the whole christian body. There is a right for anyone to decide who he intends to vote,so if it's not APC let them be

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emotional Clap Back To Fayose's Tweet Against Buhari That Has Gone Viral / How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 / 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.