Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? (2212 Views)

VP Osibanjo Called Live To JH on TVC :Read Valid Points & Reactions / Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo / Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Clears The Air About APC Kano Rally Photo He Tweeted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Educate me.
was he a pastor when he was the Attorney General of Lagos state or he became a pastor when the post was taking away from him?
the only man I can say was called by God in redeemed Christian church is the GO. every other pastor in redeemed church are either appointed by d GO or they decided to b a pastor. this is because once God call a man he runs to open his own church.
if as a professor. he decides to use his talent to glorified God by serving people as a pastor, and a bigger opportunity opens for him to serve Nigeria as a vice President, willnt he go for it?
the Bible says when a righteous man rule d people rejoice. so nothing is wrong when a righteous man (pastor) wants to rule. if they don't go into political game how will they rule to make d people rejoice?
don't know what to say other than saying
God bless us all in Jesus name amen.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Acekidc4(m): 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
No be God, na Gurumaraji call am!! See Question oh

1 Like

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by dridowu: 5:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
ricsman:
Educate me.
was he a pastor when he was Antony General of Lagos state or he became a pastor when the post was taking away from him?
the only man I can say was called by God in redeemed Christian church is the GO. every other pastor in redeemed church are either appointed by d GO or they decided to b a pastor. this is because once God call a man he runs to open his own church.
if as a professor. he decides to use his talent to glorified God by serving people as a pastor, and a bigger opportunity opens for him to serve Nigeria as a vice President, willnt he go for it?
the Bible says when a righteous man rule d people rejoice. so nothing is wrong when a righteous man (pastor) wants to rule. if they don't go into political game how will they rule to make d people rejoice?
@bolded, Antony ? *********Eyes pop out ********** Attorney not Antony

2 Likes

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by LFJ: 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Whether God calls him or he calls himself of his own pastor calls him to be a pastor should not be the headache of any reasonable person. What should be a concern to you should be if he is an upright person and leave his life in a Christ prescribe way.

3 Likes

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
dridowu:
if ur eye can fall down for u to understand me, no problem. thanks for ur correction."attorney"
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by POPdecorator: 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
Are u fighting with google
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by raumdeuter: 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
ricsman:
Educate me.
was he a pastor when he was [size=18pt]Antony[/size] General of Lagos state or he became a pastor when the post was taking away from him?

After Anthony General, you would see Augustus General

As per your question you can ask God if he called Osinbajo or not
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Mention any Pastor called by God.

The idea of calling by God is a fraudulent act that was designed by the church to keep fleecing their ever gullible congregants.

If the foundation of christianity was built on lies, how much more calling.

1 Like

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ckmayoca: 6:56pm On Mar 20, 2015
If you sit and study the bible and the life of our pastors these days, you knw God never call them but they only flash God and claim God called them.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
Zoharariel:
Mention any Pastor called by God.

The idea of calling by God is a fraudulent act that was designed by the church to keep fleecing their ever gullible congregants.

If the foundation of christianity was built on lies, how much more calling.
guess u aren't a Christian because if u are, u will know. the Bible says by their fruit u shall know them.
God do call people!!! moreover we Christian are all called to do d work of an Evangelist.

no body seems to b answering d question raised on ds trend

1 Like

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mumu, he is a part time pastor.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
ricsman:

guess u aren't a Christian because if u are, u will know. the Bible says by their fruit u shall know them.
God do call people!!! moreover we Christian are all called to do d work of an Evangelist.

no body seems to b answering d question raised on ds trend

I am neither a Muslim nor an Atheist but Christianity is a fraud.

You won't get an answer to ur question simply because calling doesn't exist. All the so called Pastors & Daddy G.O's were called by their stomachs.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by babasanti: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
All I know he is there to help GEJ win .GEJ till 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by igbeke: 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
ricsman:
Educate me.
was he a pastor when he was Antony General of Lagos state or he became a pastor when the post was taking away from him?
Not Antony, he was actually The Oshodi General of Lagos State.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by jamace(m): 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
Very atrocious pastor. He lacks third leg discipline like Obj: https://www.nairaland.com/2063845/yemi-osibanjo-accused-rape-corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
ricsman:
Educate me.
if as a professor. he decides to use his talent to glorified God by serving people as a pastor, and a bigger opportunity opens for him to serve Nigeria as a vice President, willnt he go for it?. . .
the Bible says when a righteous man rule d peo.ple rejoice. so nothing is wrong when a righteous man. (pastor) wants to rule. if they don't go into political game how will they rule to make d people rejoice?.

No, he was called by Antonio General.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Zoharariel:

I am neither a Muslim nor an Atheist but Christianity is a fraud.

You won't get an answer to ur question simply because calling doesn't exist. All the so called Pastors & Daddy G.O's were called by their stomachs.

so if u are a Christian didn't ur Bible tell how God called Abraham Paul etc. n haven't u heard of people that are doing well in their field of careers bf God called them to b full time pastors?
I guess u are just being bias due to ur experience with those around u or due to the way fake pastors behave.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Mumu, he is a part time pastor.
if u had only said " he is a part time pastor" u would have at least answered my question. but for adding who u are, I need another answer.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Toosure70: 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
@ op. plz don't add to ur generational curses. keep dat ur toilet mouth out of man of God. Don't invite more curses.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
jamace:
Very atrocious pastor. He lacks third leg discipline like Obj: https://www.nairaland.com/2063845/yemi-osibanjo-accused-rape-corruption
thank for the link but its not a fact! I know what a propaganda is when I see one.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 21, 2015
ricsman:

so if u are a Christian didn't ur Bible tell how God called Abraham Paul etc. n haven't u heard of people that are doing well in their field of careers bf God called them to b full time pastors?
I guess u are just being bias due to ur experience with those around u or due to the way fake pastors behave.

I don't mean to burst your bubble but the Bible is just another story book just like Alice in the wonderland.

Believe it at your own peril. grin

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by jamace(m): 6:57am On Mar 22, 2015
ricsman:

thank for the link but its not a fact! I know what a propaganda is when I see one.
You call raw facts propaganda? Blind loyalty is deadlier than cancer.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by aperture11: 7:06am On Mar 22, 2015
Zoharariel:

I don't mean to burst your bubble but the Bible is just another story book just like Alice in the wonderland.

When the time comes, you will believe. I just pray it doesn't get too late for you. I am pretty sure you haven't experienced the power of God in your life devoid of Pastors hence the reason you can say what you are saying. I pray you do pretty soon. I don't know you but I sure love you enough to want the best for you.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by IVORY2009(m): 7:22am On Mar 22, 2015
[s]
dridowu:
[/s]

who made u an English professor?
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by dridowu: 7:27am On Mar 22, 2015
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

who made u an English professor?

Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by IVORY2009(m): 7:30am On Mar 22, 2015
[quote author=dridowu post=31874603][/quote]

indeed!
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2015
Zoharariel:

and u believe mark Twain on then the Holy Spirit that inspired the writing of the Bible (the only book that is never obsolete)
sorry u aren't a Christian.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 9:59am On Mar 22, 2015
Toosure70:
@ op. plz don't add to ur generational curses. keep dat ur toilet mouth out of man of God. Don't invite more curses.
if u had read my post well u will know I was nor abusing any pastor. but thanks for educating me on toilet mouth that u've got
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
ricsman:

and u believe mark Twain on then the Holy Spirit that inspired the writing of the Bible (the only book that is never obsolete)
sorry u aren't a Christian.

Noooo! The Bible was inspired by some bunch of lunatics under the influence of 1 carton of Orijin, if not, how then do you explain the following contradictory scriptures below?

1.) Exodus 34:7 says - Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation;

Contrary to this, the Book of Ezekiel (18:20) says, “Son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him”.

Deuteronomy 24:16 also says: The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

2.) In 2 Samuel 24:9, it says: And Joab gave up the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

On the other hand, we find in 1 Chronicles 21:5: And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred and three score and ten thousand men that drew sword.

3.) In 2 Kings 8:26, we find this statement: “Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. “

In contrast with the above statement we read in 2 Chr. 22:2: “Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign... “

4.) In 2 Kings 24:8 it is stated that: “Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign... “

This statement is contradicted by 2 Chr. 36:9 which says: “Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign... “

5.) 1 Kings 4:26 contains this statement: “And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.”

This statement is clearly contradicted by 2 Chronicles 9:25, which says: “And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen;”

6.) According to mathew 16:27 & 28; Matt 16:27-28 (For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom)

This statement has definitely been wrongly attributed to Jesus, because all those "standing here", died nearly two thousand years ago, and none of them saw the Son of Man coming into his kingdom.

7.) In Mathew 10:23; Jesus said - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Again this is obviously wrong as the disciples have, long, long ago, done their duty of going over the cities of Israel, but the S on of Man never came with his kingdom.

8.) It is said in John 3:13 that (And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven).

This is also incorrect, as is evident from Genesis 5:24 (Enoch Ascended) and 2 Kings 2:11 (Elijah Ascended).

9.) Malachi 3:6 says - For I am the LORD, I change not.

But Numbers 22:20 to 23 reads; And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do. And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. And God's anger was kindled because he went.

Isn't it very strange that God first commended Balaam to go with the Moabites, then His anger kindled against him simply beciuase he went with them?

10.) Genesis 17:1 says: I am the Almighty God; While in Judges 1:19 we read this statement: And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

God, who is not powerful enough to drive out people simply because they had chariots of iron, cannot claim to be Almighty.

11.) Numbers 23:19 says: God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent.

But we read in Genesis 6:6-7: And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

12.) Proverbs 12:22 says: Lying lips are abomination to the Lord.

But in I Samuel 16:1-4, God commanded Samuel: Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord. And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem.

Obviously God commanded Samuel to lie, as he was sent to find a king and not to sacrifice to the Lord.

13.) The book of Exodus 33:20 reports God saying to Moses: Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

1 Timothy 6:16 also says: Whom no man hath seen, nor can see.

But we read a different story in Exodus 24:9-11: Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

The Prophet Moses and Aaron and the seventy elders of the Israelites not only saw God with their eyes but also had a feast with him. The above statement makes the Christian God similar to the gods of the idolaters of India, like Krishna.

Conclusion: Endevour to learn the history of your Almighty god [Yahweh] from the thread below before propagating erroneous teachings.

www.nairaland.com/2100028/pope-hugs-little-girl-askedhim#29910601

PS: Don't quote me unless you have answers to the contradictory verses above - Gracias!
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
aperture11:

When the time comes, you will believe. I just pray it doesn't get too late for you. I am pretty sure you haven't experienced the power of God in your life devoid of Pastors hence the reason you can say what you are saying. I pray you do pretty soon. I don't know you but I sure love you enough to want the best for you.

Pastor Aperture 11 - If you truly love me enough to want the best for me, then shall we start with 10Million Naira from you to me? grin
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by ricsman(m): 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
Zoharariel:

Noooo! The Bible was inspired by some bunch of lunatics under the influence of 1 carton of Orijin, if not, how then do you explain the following contradictory scriptures below?

1.) Exodus 34:7 says - Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation;

Contrary to this, the Book of Ezekiel (18:20) says, “Son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him”.

Deuteronomy 24:16 also says: The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

2.) In 2 Samuel 24:9, it says: And Joab gave up the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

On the other hand, we find in 1 Chronicles 21:5: And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred and three score and ten thousand men that drew sword.

3.) In 2 Kings 8:26, we find this statement: “Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. “

In contrast with the above statement we read in 2 Chr. 22:2: “Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign... “

4.) In 2 Kings 24:8 it is stated that: “Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign... “

This statement is contradicted by 2 Chr. 36:9 which says: “Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign... “

5.) 1 Kings 4:26 contains this statement: “And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.”

This statement is clearly contradicted by 2 Chronicles 9:25, which says: “And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen;”

6.) According to mathew 16:27 & 28; Matt 16:27-28 (For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom)

This statement has definitely been wrongly attributed to Jesus, because all those "standing here", died nearly two thousand years ago, and none of them saw the Son of Man coming into his kingdom.

7.) In Mathew 10:23; Jesus said - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Again this is obviously wrong as the disciples have, long, long ago, done their duty of going over the cities of Israel, but the S on of Man never came with his kingdom.

8.) It is said in John 3:13 that (And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven).

This is also incorrect, as is evident from Genesis 5:24 (Enoch Ascended) and 2 Kings 2:11 (Elijah Ascended).

9.) Malachi 3:6 says - For I am the LORD, I change not.

But Numbers 22:20 to 23 reads; And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do. And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. And God's anger was kindled because he went.

Isn't it very strange that God first commended Balaam to go with the Moabites, then His anger kindled against him simply beciuase he went with them?

10.) Genesis 17:1 says: I am the Almighty God; While in Judges 1:19 we read this statement: And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

God, who is not powerful enough to drive out people simply because they had chariots of iron, cannot claim to be Almighty.

11.) Numbers 23:19 says: God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent.

But we read in Genesis 6:6-7: And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

12.) Proverbs 12:22 says: Lying lips are abomination to the Lord.

But in I Samuel 16:1-4, God commanded Samuel: Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord. And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem.

Obviously God commanded Samuel to lie, as he was sent to find a king and not to sacrifice to the Lord.

13.) The book of Exodus 33:20 reports God saying to Moses: Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

1 Timothy 6:16 also says: Whom no man hath seen, nor can see.

But we read a different story in Exodus 24:9-11: Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

The Prophet Moses and Aaron and the seventy elders of the Israelites not only saw God with their eyes but also had a feast with him. The above statement makes the Christian God similar to the gods of the idolaters of India, like Krishna.

Conclusion: Endevour to learn the history of your Almighty god [Yahweh] from the thread below before propagating erroneous teachings.

www.nairaland.com/2100028/pope-hugs-little-girl-askedhim#29910601

PS: Don't quote me unless you have answers to the contradictory verses above - Gracias!

I don't have to prove any thing to u but all u've quoted are fulfillments of the Bible on how God uses the foolish things (men) to confound the wisdom of the world. God deals with men differently at different times. Nobody dare questions God because His ways are not man's way. I actually do not argue a lot but since I now know where u belong , I rest my case on this topic on God. thanks.
Re: Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
ricsman:

I don't have to prove any thing to u but all u've quoted are fulfillments of the Bible on how God uses the foolish things (men) to confound the wisdom of the world. God deals with men differently at different times. Nobody dare questions God because His ways are not man's way. I actually do not argue a lot but since I now know where u belong , I rest my case on this topic on God. thanks.

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

PRESIDENT Elect: G.M.Buhari - To Reduce Fuel Pump Price To 40 Naira Per Litre / The Real Deal Between GEJ, Diezani And Tunde Ayeni Concerning The Sale Of NITEL / Buhari Snubs Tinubu As APC Consults Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.