Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari (796 Views)

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu / Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari / February Poll: Jonathan Angry With Ministers, Aides Over Apc’s Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 21, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives
Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has asked
President Goodluck Jonathan to respect the wishes of
Nigerians for credible polls.
Buhari spoke while addressing Eze Ndigbos of the 19
Northern states and Abuja at his campaign office in
Abuja on Friday.
The APC candidate said he had realised that multi-
party democracy remains the best form of government
since the collapse of the Soviet Union.
According to him, ordinary folks did not leave him
alone to enjoy his exit from power after he was
released from detention even when they knew he was
not rich.
Buhari said, “I was sitting at home after leaving
detention; I thought people will leave me alone
because they know I am not rich. I don’t even have a
filling station not to talk of oil blocks.
“So, I thought I lost their sympathy but people kept on
coming to me; there was nothing I could do. And then I
speculated that maybe if I join partisan politics, I will
get into a position to be heard.”
He, however, said democracy as the best form of
government would only make meaningful impact when
the government respects the rights of citizens to elect
those who govern them.
Buhari said, “Let the government respect Nigerians as
individuals to choose those they want to represent
them and to lead them and Nigerians will be surprised
to see how peaceful this country is going to be.
“I think in a part of every human being, there is an
element of rebellion. If you try to force a human being
to do what he doesn’t like, he will develop a way of
resisting it but if you develop a system; you persuade
him to accept the system, then justice must be done
and you will be surprised how peacefully you will live.”
He said the last 16 years of Peoples Democratic Party
rule had been a disaster as public institutions
collapsed with the business community the worst hit.
The APC candidate added, “Where were we 16 years
ago when PDP took over this country? And where are
we now? How much was the Naira then and how much
is it now? The Naira now is about N230 to one US
dollar and I think as a community, you are hit the
most in Nigeria than anybody else.
“You are those that go out from Singapore to China, all
over the world, you order things, you don’t order in
Naira, you order them in Dollars or Pounds Sterling or
Yen, now you need trailers of Naira to maintain your
businesses.”
He, however, urged Nigerians to vote out PDP for the
APC to rebuild the country.
In his remarks, National Chairman of the APC, Chief
John Oyegun, urged Ndigbo not to put their eggs in
one basket as they had done with the PDP in the last
16 years.

http://www.punchng.com/news/poll-jonathan-must-respect-nigerians-wishes-buhari/
Re: Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by ojayfrancis(m): 1:48am On Mar 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 21, 2015
If only APC will promise they won't incite violence if after the election they lose...Spirit of sportsmanship is all am asking for... Whoever wins should try and work together with the other cos the oppositions are an interesting ingredients in a Democratic meal... Their propelling forces and not lies are one of things that gingers the incumbent to sit up...

VOTE KOWA party. vote women empowerment...
Re: Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by Trut(m): 3:12am On Mar 21, 2015
GEJ has always respect Nigerians wishes, that's why opposition parties won elections against his party in Anambra, Edo, Ondo and Osun State. GEJ also allowed the wishes of Nigerians in Ekiti state, that's why Fayose beat Fayemi by 16 - 0 grin
Re: Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by nzeadachie: 3:17am On Mar 21, 2015
SEE WHO IS TALKING, WHICH PEOPLE'S WISHES? YOU MEAN JIHADISTS' WISHES? TO PRACTICE SHARIA LAW IN NIGERIA? MAY THUNDER FIRE YOU TOGETHER WITH YOUR PEOPLE, PARASITE!!!! THANK GOD HE'S TALKING TO PEOPLE THAT KNOWS HIM VERY WELL
Re: Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:52am On Mar 21, 2015
To avoid a post-election violence begins with the government at the center doing the right things and respecting the people's wish. Not everyone is reasonable enough to wait to go to court after you have denied them of their wish/voice, especially when you're dealing with uneducated citizens. Besides, people are right to lose hope in the judiciary going by what they have witnessed in the past where judgment is given to those who can purchase it as if it is commodity.

Let GEJ/PDP allow INEC conduct free, fair and credible elections and see how Nigerians will refrain from violence. If the opposition APC loses the next presidential election in a free, fair and credible poll, they won't have a choice than to call on their supporters to respect the outcome. But when there are cases of rigging as was the case in the past, be prepare for whatever comes out of it.

We have seen that PDP, after sixteen years at the center does not mean well for Nigeria. PDP is a party of violence; a party of killers; a party of looters and a party of crooks currently spear-headed by a clueless and wicked man from a village called Otuoke in Bayelsa state.
Re: Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by Montaque(m): 9:35am On Mar 21, 2015
PassingShot:
To avoid a post-election violence begins with the government at the center doing the right things and respecting the people's wish. Not everyone is reasonable enough to wait to go to court after you have denied them of their wish/voice, especially when you're dealing with uneducated citizens. Besides, people are right to lose hope in the judiciary going by what they have witnessed in the past where judgment is given to those who can purchase it as if it is commodity.
Let GEJ/PDP allow INEC conduct free, fair and credible elections and see how Nigerians will refrain from violence. If the opposition APC loses the next presidential election in a free, fair and credible poll, they won't have a choice than to call on their supporters to respect the outcome. But when there are cases of rigging as was the case in the past, be prepare for whatever comes out of it.

We have seen that PDP, after sixteen years at the center does not mean well for Nigeria. PDP is a party of violence; a party of killers; a party of looters and a party of crooks currently spear-headed by a clueless and wicked man from a village called Otuoke in Bayelsa state.

Don't make me laugh this morning.
So its only GEJ/PDP that has the obligation to ensure free,fair and safe election?
Infact let me go straight to the point, the APC/their sword-wielding fans are the reason for the great fear of 2015,because they always believe its either GMB or the election was rigged.
And GMB cried not for the lives and property lost,but rather for loosing in 2011. And what is more, no apology till date.
To even add salt to injury,you forgot what happened just 3years ago.
I say again,don't make me laugh this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2015
Montaque:

Don't make me laugh this morning.
So its only GEJ/PDP that has the obligation to ensure free,fair and safe election?
Infact let me go straight to the point, the APC/their sword-wielding fans are the reason for the great fear of 2015,because they always believe its either GMB or the election was rigged.
And GMB cried not for the lives and property lost,but rather for loosing in 2011. And what is more, no apology till date.
To even add salt to injury,you forgot what happened just 3years ago.
I say again,don't make me laugh this morning.

You will live long... Though the truth is always bitter, must it must be told.. APC believes that either GMB wins or the election was rigged...
Re: Poll: Jonathan Must Respect Nigerians’ Wishes –buhari by Riodiao(m): 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
Letter to Buhari from the grave of the innocents –
By Bashir Yusufu
Dear General Buhari; I would’ve addressed this letter privately to you, but in the expectation that you may not receive it, I decided to make it an Open Letter, in the hope that you would stumble on it, read it and hopefully feel some of the pains and anguish that have been my lot. Having said that, permit me therefore to proceed with the rest of this missive from the grave of innocents departed.
Last night, while I was at my modest home in Katsina, relaxing and probably half-awake, I heard the voice of my cousin who was killed in the North in April 2011 during the post-election violence instigated by your loss of the presidential election. With bloodshot sad eyes, my cousin, looking apparition-like, was wailing “Gen Buhari, why why”. My cousin’s name is (or was) Mallam Yusuf Danfulani, a bright young lad originally from Katsina State, who was slaughtered in cold blood and set on fire by youths chanting “Sai Buhari”, like they are again now chanting in 2015.
Gen Buhari, in case you have forgotten, Yusuf was slaughtered in your name even though he never did any wrong to you, and even voted for you against Dr Jonathan. He lost his life just because the murderers you encouraged by your many hate speeches believed Yusuf to be from middle belt or southern Nigeria, most probably because of his bulky looks and brave, patriotic attempts to prevent the killing of an innocent Youth Corper, Ukeoma Ikechukwu. Even though he cried out in Hausa and Fulfulde, he was still not believed by those you (Buhari) managed to brainwash to see all non-Fulani Nigerians as conspiring to vote against you. In this very case, Yusuf voted for you but his ‘Sai Buhari’ killers never believed he did. Like you, Gen Buhari, the mob was baying for the blood of innocents.
If not for Yusuf’s best friend who was with him and was himself nearly killed, we would not have recognized his charred body that was burnt beyond recognition. And thanks to the same friend for recounting to us the little he could make out at the last moments of Yusuf’s life, the agony he passed through and the most important words he uttered before he gave up. It is the same words I heard him utter last night from the grave: ‘Gen Buhari, why why’. Yet, to this day, you (Buhari) have not cared to apologize or show any remorse, but you instead offered lame excuses for the bloodletting you had instigated, and still instigate. I now ask you this: Gen Buhari, must you always shade blood, like you started doing from 1983, to rule Nigeria? Do you recall how you killed Brigadier Bako in 1983 just so you could take power by force from Shehu Shagari?
General Buhari, Ukeoma Ikechukwu himself was reported missing that same day Yusuf was murdered by your supporters, and finally confirmed dead the following day when his charred remains was discovered in a hooded area. Apparently, your supporters had dragged him out of the open and tortured him before finally snuffing life out of him. Like my cousin, Yusuf, Ukeoma was very young and an innocent. Unlike Dr. Jonathan, they were not contesting against you. Yet, when they were killed, part of Nigeria was killed with them; the same Nigeria that you are now angrily campaigning to rule.
Yusuf and Ukeoma were not alone. Six other innocent Youth Corpers were also murdered in Bauchi, where you Buhari, polled 1,315,209 votes (almost 82 per cent), defeating Dr Jonathan who scored 258,404 votes and did not even hit the 25 per cent mark. The corps members were reportedly chased to a police station where they sought refuge. But the rioters, who were raving mad with bloodlust and chanting “Sai Buhari”, overran the station and murdered the young Nigerians in cold blood. So, Gen Buhari, as you can see from the Bauchi result and it’s aftermath, your supporters even shade blood when you win; still you have no qualms. Today, you are prancing around the nation, arrogant and angry as usual, behaving like you have already won the election; and thus setting up another bloodletting if you are not announced winner.
The story of Obinna Okpokiri is as heart-wrenching as Yusuf’s. The 27-year-old was butchered and burnt to ashes, in the service of his fatherland. Okpokiri’s own circumstances were as gruesome as they could be. He had run to the Corpers’ Lodge as the rampaging ‘Sai Buhari’ rioters targeted Youth Corper polling officers recruited by INEC for the election. As painful death loomed, the young Nigerians contemplated fleeing to the barracks. But they were not lucky enough. Your ‘Sai Buhari’ supporters caught up with them, slaughtered and set them on fire. Like Yusuf, these innocents are human beings and future leaders on the last laps of fulfilling their national duty before moving on to a bright future. But it was not to be because, in your name, Gen Buhari, they were slaughtered, sliced, soaked in petrol and scorched. Reduced to ashes in minutes and in the most callous fashion by those that are not better citizens or humans than them.
General Buhari, while you are now busy inciting another violence, please bear in mind that in 2011, your supporters turned violent in whole 12 northern states as they burned the homes, vehicles, and properties of innocent Nigerians, some of whom are also Muslims and Northerners like you and my cousin Yusuf. Your ‘Sai Buhari’ supporters also targeted and killed Christians and members of southern Nigerian ethnic groups, who were seen as supporting the PDP, and they burnt churches across the north. One particular attack in Bauchi stood out as most heart-breaking. According to Human Rights Watch, on April 17 in Giade, a rural town in northern Bauchi, ‘Sai Buhari’ mobs attacked youth corps members in the town. The Corpers, who were mostly from Yoruba, ran to the local police station to seek refuge, but the mobs stormed the police station. The mob killed the police officer on duty and burned down the police station. They raped two of the female youth corps members and then hacked them to death with machetes, along with five male youth corps members. In total, rioters killed ten youth corps members in that town alone.
A lecturer at the Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, Kaduna State, described to Human Rights Watch how a mob of Muslims chanting “Change, Sai Buhari” attacked and killed several Christian students, a Christian lecturer and four Muslim students suspected of being PDP sympathizers on April 17: He said “Between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., they entered the school chanting slogans and shouting: “Where are the Christians and Muslims that supported the ruling party?” They had painted their faces black and were shouting that they needed “change”, the Congress for Progressive Change campaign slogan. The mob had all sorts of weapons – machetes, sticks, and clubs. They started breaking the glass on the buildings. The students ran away but the mob pursued them into the staff quarters and they had nowhere to go. The mob beat them to death. The lecturer they killed was Yoruba“.
Finally, Gen Buhari, let me end this letter by asking you this question: When are you going to apologize to me, to Yusuf’s aged parents, to Ukeoma’s parents, to parents of all innocents murdered by your brainwashed supporters, to Nigeria and to mankind? And here is Yusuf again, asking you from the grave: “Gen Buhari, why why”.
Bashir Yusufu.
yusufubashir@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Apc#read# / Could This Be The Height Of Desperation / Election Rigging? People Pls Confirm [Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.