Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu (29968 Views)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 2:09am On May 11, 2015
The Oba of Lagos, Riliwanu Akiolu, says there is a need for non-indigenes in Lagos State to respect the tradition and culture of their host.

The monarch said this during an exclusive interview with our correspondent.

While responding to a question on the threat he issued out to Igbo residents in Lagos State if they did not vote for Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress, Akiolu maintained that he had no ill feeling towards Igbo in the state as some of his closest friends were Igbo.

He said, “Eze Odimegwu, who is a former CEO of Nigerian Breweries, is still my best friend as well as many others. The Obi of Onitsha came to visit me here a few days ago. When you go to a place, you have to respect the host leaders, particularly the traditional leaders there because you are coming to benefit from their success.

“The people of Lagos are the friendliest and most accommodating people in Nigeria.”

He said the video which showed him issuing threats to Igbo leaders was a misrepresentation of what truly transpired.

He said the issue was twisted by those who wanted to gain political advantage ahead of the governorship election but God put them to shame.

“Those who orchestrated the entire incident know themselves and I tell you, those (Igbo leaders) who came here on that day understand me a lot and have even been coming since then,” he said.

Akiolu said many of the non-indigenes were deceived by politicians in their quest for power.

He said, “The man that promised to hand them deputy governorship slot and four commissioner positions and would elevate the status of Eze Ndigbo to that of Oba of Lagos has since denied it.

“It was all a political gimmick because I am sure they know that he was only deceiving them. As a matter of fact, prominent traditional rulers in the South-East have been writing us to say that they are not happy about the large number of ezes in Lagos.”

He urged all Igbo who won elections in Lagos State not to disappoint the people.

The monarch said he was confident that Ambode would do well in office.

He said Ambode would serve as governor for eight years not just because it was the will of God but because he would perform excellently well. He, however, said Agbaje was free to contest again in 2019 if he wanted.

He said, “By the Grace of Almighty Allah and my ancestors in this house, the Governor-elect, Ambode, will rule for eight years with a good performance.”

He said he had nothing against the Peoples Democratic Party or its governorship candidate, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, but noted that all humans are equal in the eyes of God but are not equal in the love of God.

He said Ambode proved his competence by saving the state from financial hardship when it was deprived of funds from the Federal Government.

Akiolu said he was not a politician but was only interested in the prosperity of Lagos and would continue to support the best.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/politics/non-indigenes-in-lagos-must-respect-their-hosts-akiolu/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 2:20am On May 11, 2015
Oba Zulu Lagoon Akiolu has spoken...

91 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by HungerBAD: 2:38am On May 11, 2015
The Oba has a POINT.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Ishilove: 2:41am On May 11, 2015
This man should shove it up his heinie. He is a disgrace to the royal stool angry

134 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by HungerBAD: 2:48am On May 11, 2015
Ishilove:
This man should shove it up his heinie. He is a disgrace to the royal stool angry

Ishi.

In Yoruba Land and just like the North, ROYALTY CANNOT BE BOUGHT.

It is only in the EAST where ISHI is from that every PIG,COW and OWL can be an IGWE.

This OBA is not shoving it anywhere, as you should be very respectful to a REAL ROYAL.

214 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Ishilove: 2:54am On May 11, 2015
HungerBAD:

Ishi.

In Yoruba Land and just like the North, ROYALTY CANNOT BE BOUGHT.

It is only in the EAST where ISHI is from that every PIG,COW and OWL can be an IGWE.

This OBA is not shoving it anywhere, as you should be very respectful to a REAL ROYAL.
'Real royal' my ass. The oba should first respect his office before he can get any respect from me. Oba Oyekan was the epitome of royalty, not this loud mouthed, ill spoken ex-policeman who still thinks he is in the police force (which happens to be one of the most corrupt institutions in the country). The baba is just yarning dust and attracting negative attention to the royal house.

FYI, I am not from the east. Nota bene.

242 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Ilekeh(f): 3:00am On May 11, 2015
He's right!

As an immigrant, go to American embassy and burn their flag, you'll find your way to your Naija bush faster than you can say NEPA.

Respect your host and you'll get a host not a host-ILE indigene.

99 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Ishilove: 3:05am On May 11, 2015
praxisnetworks:
show your face not crotch.....thank you

Is my face the crux of matter? Is my face the thesis of this thread?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Rose2014: 3:07am On May 11, 2015
What do they really mean by respecting this host? Is it that non indegenes shouldn't vote their preferred candidate again except for who Akiolu wants them to?. I don't understand the respect they mean here.

Somebody pls explain.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Rose2014: 3:09am On May 11, 2015
OneNaira6:
Why is that worthless your turned leader dragging obi of onitsha to his level? Does he think the obi is a worthless man like himself, so you expect us to believe that man will leave his chair to come see an agbero your called oba and noone dared Capture such moment.

I hate cowards that can't stand by their worthless. Oba Akiolu is a tribalistic, hate filled, devilish monkey and he should be proud of it and stand by it rather than running his drunken mouth calling several igbos officials that most likely want nothing to with him as his "friends".

Illiterate buf00n.

Na today? Hypocrisy smelling like fish grin
As soon as eyes are on them, they start professing love for Igbos like no man business. U start to hear things like:

My best man is Igbo
My senior colleague is Igbo
My wife's mother's sister's first son is Igbo

God is watching Nigeria in 3D cool

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by OneNaira6: 3:17am On May 11, 2015
Rose2014:

Yorubas professing love for Igbos since 1890
I smell hypocrisy grin

My best man is Igbo
My senior colleague is Igbo
My wife's morher's sister's first son is Igbo

Feel free to add yours

Me too. I can't stand hypocrites. It is the same way their doc was ranting off how majority of his friends were igbo, some of his coworkers and people that trained him were igbos and when that his face tactics didn't work and none of the people he kept calling their names didn't come out to defend him, he switched to "I was hacked."

Hypocrites are just too cowardly for my liking.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Ishilove: 3:19am On May 11, 2015
HungerBAD:

Inshi or Ishi in the East means BUSHMEAT. Yes you are from the East and you are also a BUSHMEAT, which normal person bears the name of a Bushmeat?
If you're trying to bait me, you're failing woefully. Stop spewing crap and face the topic.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Rose2014: 3:20am On May 11, 2015
OneNaira6:

Me too. I can't stand hypocrites. It is the same way their doc was ranting off how majority of his friends were ogbo, sine of his coworkers and people that trained him were igbos and when that his face tactics didn't work and none of the people he kept calling their names didn't come out to defend him, he switched to "I was hacked."

Hypocrites are just too cowardly for my liking.

That is eh

As if having Igbo friends proves anything

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by OneNaira6: 3:27am On May 11, 2015
Rose2014:

That is eh

As if having Igbo friends proves anything

Abi ooo. Is your typical racist people comeback. Can't even come up with something original, they had to copy racist whites.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by wheredemdey: 3:28am On May 11, 2015
"We are all equal in the eyes of God but Not equal in the love of God "

That statement is deep walahi...sad but true.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by bogolobango(m): 4:25am On May 11, 2015
No mind them igbos self thier gra gra dey too much small thing dem go carry put for head

5 Likes

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by kenny987(f): 5:03am On May 11, 2015
This is getting old! Please he should just shove it and give his ego a rest. When did politics become tradition that Igbos will not hear word again? Did any settler in Lagos denigrate the Yoruba tradition? A former police officer kwa! U want make dem dey sweep ground for u b4 u feel respected? Do the Igbos n other self-respecting citizens of Nig not pay their rents, taxes and so on? Did he give them houses or businesses for free? What silly hosts and tradition is he referring to? Just seeking relevance...rubbish!

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by owobokiri(m): 5:04am On May 11, 2015
Learn; you are NOT my "host", unless by host you mean a host parasite! I am in Lagos-Nigeria, HOSTING myself! You get it now? Rant till you run out of saliva, I will NEVER see you as a "host". I follow the constitution and so not beholden to the atarvistic demands of some retrogressively corrupt tribal stools.. . Again; you are NOT and will NEVER be my host in a former federal capital territory biult from scratch to finish with NIGERIAN resources and as long as Nigeria subsists, I will contineu to look at Nigerias Lagos from this perspective. . Comprehendé?

Ilekeh:
He's right!

As an immigrant, go to American embassy and burn their flag, you'll find your way to your Naija bush faster than you can say NEPA.

Respect your host and you'll get a host not a host-ILE indigene.

109 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Nobody: 5:07am On May 11, 2015
wheredemdey:
"We are all equal in the eyes of God but Not equal in the love of God "

That statement is deep walahi...sad but true.

Honestly there is nothing deep there. I rather see extreme conceit, shallow mindedness and vein glory. Someone who understands very little or nothing about who GOD is. Everyone without exception is treated equally in the JUSTICE and LOVE of GOD. It is like this. Does the oba get more rain on his roof top and others less when rain falls? Does the ocean tide stop for the oba simply because he is passing the 3rd mainland bridge? These are constant movements of nature which many don't understand. The JUSTICE and LOVE of GOD are the same, grinds on continuously and dispensing to each man what he deserves. It knows neither position, nor tribe, nor discipline but dispenses to each man according to the mans own activity. Partiality in the dispensation of the JUSTICE and LOVE of GOD is impossible. I am sure that you have heard of the statement ``GOD IS PERFECT``. The oba will not say any of these if he has even the vaguest understanding of who the MOST HIGH GOD is. I say no more.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Non-indigenes In Lagos Must Respect Their Hosts– Akiolu by Ilekeh(f): 5:12am On May 11, 2015
owobokiri:

Learn; you are NOT my "host", unless by host you mean a host parasite! I am in Lagos-Nigeria, HOSTING myself! You get it now? Rant till you run out of saliva, I will NEVER see you as a "host". I follow the constitution and so not beholden to the atarvistic demands of some retrogressively corrupt tribal stools.. . Again; you are NOT and will NEVER be my host in a former federal capital territory biult from scratch to finish with NIGERIAN resources and as long as Nigeria subsists, I will contineu to look at Nigerias Lagos from this perspective. . Comprehendé?

You're not hosting yourself.

You're hosting yourself in a safe and friendly environment (Yorubas) with ports and markets built by Yorubas to sustain your business.

You have a port in the East, but you choose to reside in the West. Truth be told, Lagos does not need you, You need Lagos to survive. Wonder why your likes run from the East and only return for "vacation"?

51 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Sani And Maryam Abacha (pic) / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments / How Buhari Govt Planned To Transfer $110M Abacha Loot To Bagudu - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.