Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari - Politics (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (81845 Views)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by egobetatoday: 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
refreshrate:

you for allow the guy na let him indulge himself! month has ended seems rain has fallen on his end

u dey mind am? poor church rat like him. what happens to a tag of 200k.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
@egobetatoday. Ur entire sophism wasn't necessary. Deep down ur soul, u and others now know d truth regarding d alleged statements but pride or idiocy or both won't allow u admit. Take cues from this Mickey guy. Pple like that turn out to be the mighty ones.

mickey45:

while I agree with you that the OP was being mischievous with the topic and actually berate myself 4 not verifying the story. Blame me for expecting people to report issues impassionately and verbatim.....
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
egobetatoday:

Poor church rat? Lol. Ok I agree sir. D bet is now 200k, just for u. Got d balls 2 play? I'm game smiley
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by djon78(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

I was just about to call out PapaBrowne on his pseudo-economics but u totally took the words out of my mouth. Well done. This kids are really smart with sophistry and straw-man arguments. Its takes a critical mind to call out their balderdash

PapaBrowne was 100% in what he said. You and the guy you quoted are talking trash and bull.shit. There is no way economically possible you can make what Buhari said possible without harming the economy.

Lets me give you example: the European Union as a whole is economically sick with the exception of Germany because of its competitive advantage on hi technology manufacturing. UK, Spain, Italy, Portugal, all have debt to Gdp ratio of 100%, Greece is worse. One of the major reason their economies are weak is strong currency, because it made goods they produced expensive so China and other low cost producting nations balanced the trade off. Germany was not affected because it has global advantage of hitech products(mercedes, bmw, audi, porsche, Airbus etc) which offers premium price so it was not hurt by low cost producers. That is why I personally respect, admire the Germans, they got their economics right. But look at Greece, before they joined the EU they were a very comfortable middle income country, after they joined and began using Euro, there local industry went moribund because the high currency made their products expensive there by failing economically, and resorting to loan from ECB European Central Bank, that is why their present Prime Minstr is contemplating dumping the Euros.

A low value naira has an advantage if we have adequate power and begin producing what we consume rather than importing, the currency value will improve.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by djon78(m): 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
I personally am scared with all these kind of statement coming from Buhari. I just pray that if he wins that he will not allow the likes of Tinubus not to run things from behind, because if they do, I pity Nigerians. Anyway one thing I like about the abokis is that they have a mind of theirs, they cant be puppets to anybody. I pray Buhari if he wins? should fall into the hands of good and sound economic handlers and drivers.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Goddex: 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
Splashme:
[size=15pt]Illiteracy is a disease. This man is a joke. Buhari is better off caring for his cows in Daura, I swear.

Previously, he claimed he would stabilise oil prices. Now, he would make the naira equals a dollar.

No wonder APC hawks are shielding him from debate
.[/size]
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by refreshrate: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
egobetatoday:

lol my thoughts exactly!
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 28, 2015
babyosisi:

A nokwa m ya
Please your folks should stay safe o this weekend
yessma! just pray for God to protect us.... thank you.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Myself2(m): 8:58am On Apr 27, 2015
Princecalm:
can you compare Nigeria's population to that of China?

Ignoramus
It's obvious you're a stark illiterate
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 9:03am On Apr 27, 2015
Myself2:

Ignoramus
It's obvious you're a stark illiterate
I can see you are too dumb to follow and understand my previous posts.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by say9ng(m): 9:56am On Jan 02, 2016
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2016
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.

So tell me, how are you enjoying your new exchange rate?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Omooba77: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2016
Princecalm:
I can see you are too dumb to follow and understand my previous posts.

please who is clueless now @princecalm....Enjoy your change

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by eagleeye2: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Omooba77:

please who is clueless now @princecalm....Enjoy your change
The Internet never forgets

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by orisa37: 10:19am On Aug 08, 2016
That was then. He has since made Naira compete like a goat with the lion Dollar.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 10:24am On Aug 08, 2016
orisa37:
That was then. He has since made Naira compete like a goat with the lion Dollar.

i think its possible to raise the value of the naira,if we all only make bussiness with cbn and forget parallel market...
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by banki(m): 10:28am On Aug 08, 2016
My position still remains no where in the article did he say I will make 1naira to 1dollar
Please show me where he said it
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by betterABIAstate: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2016
banki:
My position still remains no where in the article did he say I will make 1naira to 1dollar
then u are blind

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Izonpikin: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2016
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.
where is this cretin that spewed this rubbish comment...

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Izonpikin: 10:40am On Aug 08, 2016
banki:
oh..you still dey here dey deny baba promise abi...nonsense...

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by orisa37: 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
You're right but how do you do that with the kind of Banks and the CBN we have in Nigeria? CBN and Banks own Parallel Markets every where in the Federation.. CBN allocates forex to Parallel Markets first before any other systems. And later when they operate other systems, they surreptitiously allow Bureau de Change to participate equally with Importers. There're Parallel Markets everywhere in the world. In Britain and Europe, their Parallel Markets will buy and sell any forex @ at least one point below what you can get it in any of their Banks and their Central Reserves. The reverse is the case in Nigeria..I had always recommended that our Presidency be so magnanimous, put Politics, tribalism and Bigotry side, appeal to NOI, a world acclai med and respected Banker to come back as Minister of Finance and deploy Kemi Adeosun, a seasoned Chartered Accountant to CBN and watch the wonders of our Nigerian women. NOI may be the next Governor of the U.S. Central Reserves under Hillary while Nigeria continues with her Arabs and Islamic Banking economy. Banking is accounting. Adeosun is more than qualified to put sanity into the system. With her and NOI, at these statuses, Nigeria will be sowing a seed of excellence and perfection in world financial and economic systems. Naira and not Dollar or Pounds, Yen or Yuan etc, is OUR SOVEREIGNTY!!!! Parallel Markets should make daily Returns of all their Transactions, indicating their buying and selling rates and prices of all forexes passing through them. The CBN will make weakly Reports of Variances emanating from the system to the Federal Executive Council.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hahahahahaha grin abeg who resurect thread chaiii

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by obindomanya(m): 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Princecalm:
6 months, down the line 1usd = N400, wonder when we will drop sentiments and do real politics/nation building

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Sunday Aghaeze: New York People Dirty & Smelly- Buhari Camera Man Blasts America / Nollywood Actors Meet Bola Tinubu (Photo) / Death: Abba Kyari’s Last Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.