Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming (31850 Views)

The Biggest Onion Market In Nigeria In Kebbi State (Photos) / My Little Tomatoes And Cabbage Garden (PHOTOS) / Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by watered(m): 11:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
I dey come make I go harvest my tomatoes and onions
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by khassy(m): 11:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
this is good
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
freshness2020:
Wow.. My first time of seeing an onion plantation.. Nice one op.

me too undecided

1 Like

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 25, 2015
nennin:
where is your farm located?
you wan go drag land? cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by M4gunners: 12:06am On Mar 25, 2015
God bless ur hustling guy.
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 25, 2015
God bless your business!!you must succeed in it.
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by juniormusa(m): 12:12am On Mar 25, 2015
Wow Op nice work! The Lord will strengthen to you..I just hope this will serve as a challenge to dos graduates out there still waiting for the govt to give them job..

1 Like

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by juniormusa(m): 12:14am On Mar 25, 2015
emmyz09:
Just started this little farm and i would be updating and posting pictures as work proceeds to encourage other intending farmers.
May God strengthen all your endeavours

2 Likes

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by arsetalks(m): 12:16am On Mar 25, 2015
Impressive OP. Hopefully the new government will encourage people like you who want to farm instead of FORCING us to depend on oil absolutely.

2 Likes

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by babamajor: 12:21am On Mar 25, 2015
Onions don't grow in d southern part of naija, so if u are frm d south don't waste ur time nd money on it.
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by AsanwaKC(f): 12:34am On Mar 25, 2015
keep it up..
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 25, 2015
Peasant farming. angry
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Eluwilussit(m): 12:41am On Mar 25, 2015
Good job bro. Keep the hardwork. God will surely bless the works of your hands with a great harvest. Every great thing ever achieved by man, started as a small idea. Never give up. Big shout out to you man.

Please, whatever you do, avoid joining the violent ones. Pay close attention to your farm and take advantage of every opportunity the FG might provide. Someday, you will definitely join the elite through hardwork. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by bamite(m): 12:41am On Mar 25, 2015
amicakad:
are u sure it is your
Bad belle is allowed
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by anienge001: 12:44am On Mar 25, 2015
all4naija:
Peasant farming. angry

It is comments like this that I discourage MODs from putting Agric threads on FP.

This guy is doing his best, and will soon graduate to mechanized farmer. You eat onions everyday, do you know they are planted by people like the OP.

8 Likes

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by drake2(m): 1:29am On Mar 25, 2015
Am impressed by your post. But first, I know it is still dry up there. Quite evident from your soil conditions; how do you provide moisture?

Is there any form of mechanization in place to enable you cultivate more land area with huge reduction in drudgery?

Agriculture actually is a Science and without the mastery of the Science and Tech in it, may just be a futile fantasy. ( There maybe no difference btw you and our Parents).

Your Onions and Cabbage need specific Agro-inputs to have a successful productivity statistics. Have you taken care of these? So you don't run away next season?

I encourage you to join this group for technical and capacity building support: FARA( Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa).

By the way, I hope you have sold your onions and cabbage before going into this cultivation? They say, find the buyer before you produce.

Goodluck!

NB.
Sorry Sir, may I add more? Your land preparation method is not quite encouraging. It seems u swept the surface with APC brooms. (lol.). That was not necessary.

You need debris, dead leaves and twigs to provide much needed organic matter and to also retain moisture from your wetting effort in addition to keeping weeds away.

Ayam sorry for all the criticism!

6 Likes

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by ojnnaco(m): 2:42am On Mar 25, 2015
Dats encouraging[b][/b]
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by vooks: 4:40am On Mar 25, 2015
Keep on keeping on, you are doing something while our armchair keyboard warriors are busy telling you a lot of nothing including stupid unsolicited advice
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by securi: 4:45am On Mar 25, 2015
Have you tried it before or you just assume like others. Don't say anythng is impssible except you have tried severally and it fails. Someone has done onion in the south and it came out fine.

babamajor:
Onions don't grow in d southern part of naija, so if u are frm d south don't waste ur time nd money on it.

2 Likes

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 25, 2015
pendusky:
nice one OP

BTW

Nigeria vs Uganda @ Akwa Ibom Int'll Stadium by 6pm

https://www.nairaland.com/2215001/nigeria-vs-uganda-march-25

Is the march by 6pm? I saw 12noon somewhere.
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 25, 2015
Riodiao:
MODERATOR ANY SAI BUHARI COMMENT, BLOCK THE MOTHER FORKA grin

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by oc2fish: 5:33am On Mar 25, 2015
Impressive, kudos.
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Skoopy(m): 5:35am On Mar 25, 2015
Congrats on your new venture, keep us posted on how things unfolds because I know we have one or two things to learn from you.

Nest wishes.
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by pendusky(m): 5:37am On Mar 25, 2015
RedBenson:

Is the march by 6pm? I saw 12noon somewhere.

6pm bro
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 25, 2015
pendusky:

6pm bro

Ok thanks bro.

Btw, oga tunnabs, u still dey Uyo?
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Empiree: 5:49am On Mar 25, 2015
op, can i have stuffed cabbage please grin
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Saraben(f): 5:52am On Mar 25, 2015
you no go run for election?? @OP
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Saraben(f): 5:52am On Mar 25, 2015
you no go run for election?? @OP you dey katsina dey plant onions leave hustle o,life before hustle
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 25, 2015
nennin:
ah why u dey ask...abi u wan go do............ lipsrsealed
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by modupe1988: 6:06am On Mar 25, 2015
amicakad:
are u sure it is your
@What more do u want to hear ,even if is not his the most important thing is that someone is making a productive move.
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 25, 2015
nennin:
ah why u dey ask...abi u wan go do............ :-Xi will nt tell u
Re: My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming by studded(m): 6:14am On Mar 25, 2015
emmyz09:
have planted and am wetting my beds

This is worthy of emulation. Nice one bro. Other nairalanders should take a queue from this, especially those cyber-bullies. Instead of engaging yourselves in e-wars on politics, try and do something productive.

#greenNigeria
#GreenRevolution
#ThinkBIG

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N-Power Beneficiary Starts Sugar Cane Farm With N-Power Stipend (Photos) / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice / Groundnut Pyramid In Nigeria In 1970 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.