Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,442 members, 7,853,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Okorocha Escapes Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Escapes Death (1271 Views)

Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom / Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy / Gov. Okorocha Escapes Death As Sub-standard Bridge He Built Collapsed Under Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
What could have been a major disaster was averted just by divine providence in Owerri, the Imo State capital when a pedestrian bridge built by Governor Rochas Okorocha at Heroes’ Children’s Park, opposite Concorde Hotel, collapsed under the governor.

The incident, which happened when the governor stopped over on his way to the NUJ Governorship Debate to interact with some students of Development Comprehensive Secondary School, Owerri, who were around the park when he came, caused a stir among on-lookers and passers-by.

Trouble however started when the governor took the students up the bridge to teach and inspire them on how to become leaders.

No sooner had the governor started the teachings with the students when the bridge caved in with the iron bracing of the bridge cut under the weight of the governor and the students and the students panicked and started shouting “Jesus! Jesus!!”, while the governor feigned ignorance of the situation even as his security aides rounded the spot to help him down.

Our correspondent who was there reports that when the incident happened, the governor’s aides, especially the members of the security operatives, who were visibly shaken, started shouting to the students: “Jump out!, get down!, jump out!” and the students jumped out from the bridge and ran for dear.

In the midst of the melee, the governor said “we’re too many here, please jump down”.

Our reporter can report that this was the first time the bridge was being used since it was constructed two years ago by Governor Okorocha.

It would be recalled that Akachi Road Bridge and several buildings (including the multi-million naira Imo Film Academy, a new security gate being constructed behind the main entrance gate to the Government House; office complex being constructed in the Imo State university campus, Owerri as well Princess Hotel Okigwe) constructed by the governor in the state had collapsed raising questions about the standard of such projects.

- See more at: http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/update-okorocha-escapes-death-as/#sthash.qbhR5vb7.dpuf
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2015
The bridge was constructed when Rochas was still in APGA....you see what ApGA contractors are doing?

Thank God he is now with APC...

It's time for change

Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
Alhaji Rochas and his "china infrastructures".

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by menix(m): 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
Okorocha okorocha okorocha!!! Ur plan ve failed..
U dey find innocent souls to donate bah?

APC is losing, even d bridge is quite aware of it....

Wait ooo, d headline is okorocha escapes death bah? Does it mean d kids wiv him re d death, since dey were not recognised.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
menix:
Okorocha okorocha okorocha!!! Ur plan ve failed..
U dey find innocent souls to donate bah?

APC is losing, even d bridge is quite aware of it....

Wait ooo, d headline is okorocha escapes death bah? Those it mean d kids wiv him re d death, since dey were not recognised.
pls i beg u in God's name..don't let me send thunder to you
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by menix(m): 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
soe:

Dont u think u ve got more elderly pple close to you, u can easily send to?
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by 0nyegame(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hahahahahahahhahahohohohohohoohohohohohohohohoohohhahahahahhahahha....I'm laughing in Congo,i so much like dis news.Okorocha can never build solid sumtin be it road,house and other tins.
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
menix:

Dont u think u ve got more elderly pple close to you, u can easily send to?
hahahahah...just say "I'm sorry"
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by octaner(m): 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
soe:

Una no go kill me with laff o
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
octaner:

Una no go kill me with laff o
na so o...

Ehhen..guy...

U go vote for change?
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by 1Dray(m): 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Nijeriya sai Jonathan! Sai ya yi...
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by fitzmayowa: 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
soe:
The bridge was constructed when Rochas was still in APGA....you see what ApGA contractors are doing?

Thank God he is now with APC...

It's time for change

What!!! What kind of crappy reasoning is this

Whao I never knew people could reason this way...SMH

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
tell that man to go and apologise to those widows ,cos more is coming...... he has not seen anything yet,he forgot that witch pass witch.... Nobody knows who is who.
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by octaner(m): 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
soe:
na so o...

Ehhen..guy...

U go vote for change?

Na Transformation things o
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
fitzmayowa:

wake up
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
fitzmayowa:

wake up n smell the coffee
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by lukecent: 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
Aee Peee Ceeee

I learnt that this is not the first case of collapse building or something like that which Okorocha built.
And he is the best governor in the southeast?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
octaner:

Na Transformation things o
you never give up since? E be like say that your sugar mummy business is okay for you....hope you get pension when you retire...for some of us...it's time for progress
Re: Okorocha Escapes Death by octaner(m): 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
soe:
you never give up since? E be like say that your sugar mummy business is okay for you....hope you get pension when you retire...for some of us...it's time for progress

Lols...ma brother GEJ na the way o. I no wan sell my freedom abeg

(1) (Reply)

BBC, Al-jazeera Confirm General Muhammadu Buhari's Victory(See Pictures) / Buhari’s FEAR Grips NNPC Over Imminent Probe On Massive Fraud Allegations / Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.