Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,244 members, 7,849,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? (753 Views)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / Is It Okay For Married Couples To Make Love Before Going To Church? / What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by gemzo(f): 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2009
Is it always right to consider what your parents opinions are about the person you're dating or about to date.
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by SisiJinx: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2009
A must? No

Advisable? Absolutely!!
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2009
@ topic

I could care less about what they think. They are humans like me and will always have senseless reasons why they don't like my guy!
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by iice(f): 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2009
Depends on how your relationship is with your parents and how much you are willing to sacrifice.
My parents don't meddle. . .
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by vodka(f): 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2009
to date him/her or not to date him/her

you are the master of your own life but i guess you don't know that yet right?
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by Ben13: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

A must? No

Advisable? Absolutely!!

I prefer this
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by emmyjojo(m): 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2009
i'd listen to their opinion, but its what i want dat counts; dis is about me, not my parent
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by dean2725: 6:21am On Jan 22, 2009
I could care less about what they think. They are humans like me and will always have senseless reasons why they don't like my guy!
They can know more than you do  . . . . .  .you agree?
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by Sissy3(f): 6:32am On Jan 22, 2009
yes i will listen to them and their reasons if it sounds reasonable i will take it. cox sometimes there some aspects of a person that only an outsider not the dater will be able know and see. so yea i will listen to them cox i know they want the best for me.
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 22, 2009
papa and mama will definitely have a say in whom i or decide to bring home
they will by no means tell me who to date or bring someoneto me but i gast to have an idea of the kind of gyal they'd like.

UPDATE: I JUST REALISED THE ABOVE POST MADE NO SENSE.

my parents will by no means tell me who to settle down with but i gast to have an idea the sort of gyal they'd like.
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by rhufffryda(m): 8:27am On Jan 22, 2009
whatever dude. whatever
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by Czarskit(m): 9:09am On Jan 22, 2009
Hehehe. . .
Who's d8in' who?
My peez got nada 2 do wit who I date, coz they wuldn't b married if their peez had a say in their relationship.
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by ariblaze(m): 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2009
relationship or marriage?

do you mean, asking for advice before deciding to roll with that girl down the street?

or . . . . . . . ?
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by MrCrackles(m): 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

A must? No
Advisable? Absolutely!!

I bleeps wit dis! cheesy

iice:

My parents don't meddle. . .

Same here too!!
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by whitelexi(m): 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2009
Parents definitely play an important role. The things adults see while sitting down, kids dont see even from the top of the iroko. . .  If they dont like her, there must be a reason, if that reason is good enough - then she has to go.
Re: Must A Person Consider The "parent Factor" Before Going Into A Relationship? by SEgbo(f): 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2009
I think it depends what their opinions are and the reasons behind the fact that they wouldn't want you to date this person.

This is an argument i have had with my father many times - as long as i am happy then thats all that should matter. Thats what he has said to me my whole life - but bring someone home that he doesn't like and all the morals go out the window.

(1) (Reply)

I Do I Treat My Lady On Valentine / Love? Love! / Re: My Fiancee And My Friend: Are They Cheating On Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.