Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari (679 Views)

Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi Alighting From Presidential Jet. Nigerian Reacts / Olusola Oke, AD Candidate Arrested In Ondo / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by efilefun(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
Barely 48 hours to the Presidential election, the candidate of the Alliance for Democracy, Rafiu Salau, has withdrawn from the contest.
Salau announced his decision at a media briefing in Abuja on Friday.
He said the AD had adopted the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Mohammadu Buhari(retd.), as its candidate for Saturday’s polls.
The AD candidate explained that experience had shown that strong democracies were built with two strong political parties competing for power.
He said, “All of you, the 68 million voters, should vote for Gen. Buhari the candidate of the democrats, who will bring change. Vote APC. Show the world that you are in control of your democracy.
“You need to emulate the people of the developed democracy of the US and UK. The development of the two countries is because the people of the countries have total control of their democracy.
“No matter how good the performance of one party system, it cannot perform up to 10 per cent of a democratic system with at least two strong parties that give the people the opportunity to control their democracy. “
Salau said Nigerians had had enough of one party rule with the Peoples Democratic Party at the helm of affairs, urging the people to come out and vote on election day.

www.punchng.com/news/ad-candidate-withdraws-from-presidential-race-backs-buhari
Re: AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by TSingerr(m): 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
Wa sere
Re: AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by PassingShot(m): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2015
E don set!

The whirlwind of change is gradually turning into a hurricane. Change is what we need and change we shall get.

The message will be very loud, clear and unmistakable by March 28 when Nigerians across all ethnicities, religions and tribes shall speak with one unanimous voice to tell PDP and Jonathan that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

GMB/PYO 2015.

2 Likes

Re: AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by steppin: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
A thousand presidential candidates backing bok0hari cannot make him win.
Let him keep dreaming.
Re: AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by yommys01(m): 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
Even though AD has no much pulling power in the country any more, their backing of Buhari is further evidence of who the likely winner of the next election will be.

GEJ is gone already.

He promised us fresh air, where is it? Fresh air I no see instead na so so heat. He promised us refineries? Maybe the bus bringing them hasn't arrived. Time to oust the dumbo.

I am particularly angry at him this evening. I was making soup to eat my beautiful wheat meal, I forgot the soup on the cooker and it got burnt, I blame this on GEJ the clueless jerk. His regime is so hard that people forget things too easily. Even a young man like myself. GEJOUT.

2 Likes

Re: AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by gen2briz(m): 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
Make una dey fear God will all this substitution you dey do for die min.

Se Una won kill jona ni
Re: AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by efilefun(m): 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
gen2briz:
Make una dey fear God will all this substitution you dey do for die min.

Se Una won kill jona ni

Re: AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by Kakpos: 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
I AM CONVINCE NOW THAT BUHARI WOULD WIN
Re: AD Candidate Withdraws From Presidential Race, Backs Buhari by efilefun(m): 7:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
God bless you all as you head to the polls to vote in the people's general and send the shoeless drunkard back to otueke, enough of corruption and lies
We are wiser and no lies can save your sorry a$$ anymore

Vote GMB/PYO
Sai Buhari
Change!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Aba Is Hot / The Heroes And True Advocates Of CHANGE And Democracy In Nigeria / Rivers APC Chieftain: I Didn’t Sign Any Result Sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.