Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Filling Of Car Gas - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Filling Of Car Gas (6450 Views)

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / Side Effect Of Over Filling Of Engine Oil??? / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Filling Of Car Gas by smushi(m): 9:13am On Mar 27, 2015
I recently bought a golf3 car dat came with a gas function, but to my surprise, anywhere I go they tell me dey can't fill d gas tank. Please does anybody know where they fill such car gas?
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by nurey(m): 9:37am On Mar 27, 2015
Mr man to avoid signing your own DEATH WARRANT, you need a lot of knowledge on that car, its a gas right, you need to know what form of gas it uses for combustion (lithium, methane etc), then you need to know the optimum and working temperature.

Remember gas is HIGHLY INFLAMMABLE any unlawful use can cause explosion.
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by oktawian(m): 11:52am On Mar 27, 2015
If its's from europe it will be LPG , take a picture of the tank that is in the trunk and picture of the engine to make sure it's LPG not CNG.

Regards Oktawian

1 Like

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by achinaboy(m): 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
just convert it back to fuel
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by chuka5000(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
First find out the type of gas.
Secondly, ask dangote truck drivers where they fill theirs.
Most of their trucks run on gas
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
achinaboy:
just convert it back to fuel

it runs on bith petrol and gas so he doesnt need converting
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by achinaboy(m): 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

it runs on bith petrol and gas so he doesnt need converting
then fffuk the gas anyway
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2015
achinaboy:

then fffuk the gas anyway

all converted cars run on both gas and petrol/diesel

one big reason is that gas stations are few compared to petrol so even if you run out of gas you would be able to switch ot petrol and petrol is all over compared to gas
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by lonelydora: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2015
I think Banner gas fills LPG.
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
lonelydora:

yes its LPG but the question is? is LPG gas easliy avaliable in common garages?

1 Like

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by smushi(m): 6:04am On Mar 28, 2015
Thanks guys, but d question is how and where to get LPG gas stations? Cos d tin tire me ooo
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by smushi(m): 6:05am On Mar 28, 2015
lonelydora:

Please where is banner gas?
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by lonelydora: 7:57am On Mar 28, 2015
smushi:

Please where is banner gas?

Along Eleme road before Akpajo junction in PORT Harcourt.
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by sleekman(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2015
LPG refill plants are all over Benin.

1 Like

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by sleekman(m): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2015
LPG refill plants are all over Benin. Most public transport vehicles run on LPG in Benin cos its 30% cheaper

1 Like

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by eherbal(m): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2015
There should be a switch somewhere in the vehicle that alternates between petrol and diesel fuel. A friend had Tue same issues over ten years ago. It was a Rewire that discovered the switch and was paid 20k for The discovery
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by gogodaye(m): 11:43am On Mar 31, 2015
Most Oando Pump stations retailing Gas....have the facility for filling up Gas cylinders in combo vehicles......
Try Oando Pump Station Opposite Ali Brothers Bus stop along Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Wuse Zone 1, Abuja or their other outlets along Hebert Macaulay Way, Wuse Zone 6 [Close to Berger Roundabout] or their other outlet close to Unity Bank along the same Road by Wuse Zone 3.....If you are resident in Abuja, FCT.....
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by careidon: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Op
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by careidon: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Just find auto parts shop dealing in AC hoses & gases...its just 1k for the gas canister (cheaper brands & volumes of N500 are abound) & N400 for the hose (if u want to DIY)
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by icemann(m): 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
smushi:
I recently bought a golf3 car dat came with a gas function, but to my surprise, anywhere I go they tell me dey can't fill d gas tank. Please does anybody know where they fill such car gas?

I don't think its a good idea to refill your gas. As an Engineer i would advise you that gas tolerance is less than gasoline and diesel. A small increase in flash point for a gas would cause more problems than you can imagine. I don't wana go into details on how LHV(Lower Heating Value) and HHV(Higher Heating value) affects CNG Engines
Secondly your gas lines haven't been tested and Inspected. Do you know the state of the gas lines before the car was sold? Don't risk you life cos of a silly experiment or to save petrol money. Just my two cents.

4 Likes

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by faneye(m): 6:47am On Aug 01, 2015
Auto gas is good. Just recently conducted my final research project on LPG @ Koforidua Polytechnic Eastern Region Ghana. LPG runs cleaner that petrol, extends routine service, consumption is lower compeared to Petrol, thermal energy is higher that petrol, saves your money cus' it's cheaper in volume than petrol and so on. The advantages are enormous. One major problem is you'll need a large space to place the lpg tank.

It's totally safe if the lpg system is in order..... people always think because it's gas it poses a threat but mind me. A faulty petrol system is equally lethal.

On average LPG system last within 10 to 15 years, but recommendations will be given as per when to change certain components in the system..... The LPG tank for example normally should be replaced after 10 years which I see as a lengthy time.

2 Likes

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by demtrack(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2015
faneye:
Auto gas is good. Just recently conducted my final research project on LPG @ Koforidua Polytechnic Eastern Region Ghana. LPG runs cleaner that petrol, extends routine service, consumption is lower compeared to Petrol, thermal energy is higher that petrol, saves your money cus' it's cheaper in volume than petrol and so on. The advantages are enormous. One major problem is you'll need a large space to place the lpg tank.

It's totally safe if the lpg system is in order..... people always think because it's gas it poses a threat but mind me. A faulty petrol system is equally lethal.

On average LPG system last within 10 to 15 years, but recommendations are always given as per when to change certain components in the system..... The LPG tank for example normally should be replaced after 10 years which I see as a lengthy time.
Nice write up

2 Likes

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2015
along the Lagos -Ibadan express way there's a gas filling station can't remember the name of the gas station tho.

1 Like

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by lewis23: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Concerning the battery swapping: I can see a use model. You take Tesla's completely charged substitution, proceed onward, return, get your old completely charged battery (charged in your unlucky deficiency) and proceed onward.
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by technique: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
Masije Oil & Integrated Services Limited, Nigeria converts cars from petrol to gas (CNG, LPG) while the car equally still runs on petrol. Injection nozzle differs from manufacturer, pls call Lekan on +234 705400 4014 or email olalekan@masije.com for assistance, we can make you a nipple or crossover that fits major Nigerian gas cylinder, check for any leakage on your system, if any leak, change the gas feed line, etc. We also handle factory fitted cars that ONLY run on gas.

2 Likes

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by princemillla(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
icemann:

I don't think its a good idea to refill your gas. As an Engineer i would advise you that gas tolerance is less than gasoline and diesel. A small increase in flash point for a gas would cause more problems than you can imagine. I don't wana go into details on how LHV(Lower Heating Value) and HHV(Higher Heating value) affects CNG Engines
[b]Secondly your gas lines haven't been tested and Inspected. Do you know the state of the gas lines before the car was sold? [/b]Don't risk you life cos of a silly experiment or to save petrol money. Just my two cents.

OP, follow this Bros advice. He has a good point
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
If you are in Benin,they have a lot of station in partnership with NGC That fills and converts petrol to CNG.THey will pressure test and confirm the safety of your system before filling.Don't know of Lagos for now.Please dont be deterred it takes an average of 120k or so to convert to gas and since your car came with it why will you not look for ways to use it.So its save if handled by professionals.
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by laudate: 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
smushi:

First check the following:

1). Is your gas tank configured to use CNG or LPG type of gas?

2). If you are in Lagos, you can go to a good mechanic workshop like Automedics in Ikeja, to get the gas kit in your car checked out.

3). If you are in Lagos, you can refill your gas tank with LPG (if it is an LPG gas system that was installed in your car) at any Oando station that has an LPG gas skid, such as the Oando station in Ketu Alapere or the Oando station in Marina, Lagos.

4). If you have a CNG system, you can refill the gas at NIPCO station in Ibafo, after the Lagos toll gate, on the way to Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by Shalomc(f): 10:42am On May 02, 2018
technique:
Masije Oil & Integrated Services Limited, Nigeria converts cars from petrol to gas (CNG, LPG) while the car equally still runs on petrol. Injection nozzle differs from manufacturer, pls call Lekan on +234 705400 4014 or email olalekan@masije.com for assistance, we can make you a nipple or crossover that fits major Nigerian gas cylinder, check for any leakage on your system, if any leak, change the gas feed line, etc. We also handle factory fitted cars that ONLY run on gas.
Cc
Autoreportng

1 Like

Re: Filling Of Car Gas by Shalomc(f): 10:43am On May 02, 2018
princemillla:

OP, follow this Bros advice. He has a good point
Wrong.
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by laudate: 2:02pm On May 02, 2018
technique:

Do you sell or fabricate autogas nozzles?
Re: Filling Of Car Gas by laudate: 2:05pm On May 02, 2018
sleekman:
LPG refill plants are all over Benin. Most public transport vehicles run on LPG in Benin cos its 30% cheaper

No sir. There are more CNG refill points in Benin, than LPG, owned by Green Gas Ltd. However, in Lagos there are more LPG refill points, than CNG, owned by different gas companies. Most transport companies & taxis in Benin, run on CNG. There is a big difference between LPG and CNG.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vehicle Particulars Renewal – Online Made Easy – 24 Hours –free Delivery @carreg / Can I Use 5w30 Instead Of 5w20 Recommended For My ACURA MDX 07 (tokubo) / Is Your Car Using The Right Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.