Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC (27044 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Buhari & Hameed Ali In Military Uniform / Militants In Military Uniform Killed In Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
The All Progressives Congress has raised the alarm that ethnic militias and ex-militants, now wear fake police and army uniforms in order to unleash mayhem on the opposition and disrupt voting, especially in the South-West without hindrance.
In a statement in Lagos on Friday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said Oodua Peoples Congress members were sighted at Owu -Elepe in Ikorodu Local Government Area on Friday morning, changing into fake police and army uniforms.

The party said the development confirmed the alarm earlier raised by the party that fake uniforms of security agencies were being sewn in the capital city of a South-West state.
It also said the ex-militants had been issued with fake military uniforms and deployed in some areas of Lagos, especially in the Lekki-Ajah axis, to foment trouble.
APC said the ex-militants in military uniforms were moving around in unmarked private vehicles, and their assignments were being facilitated by security agencies.

It said, ”In his national broadcast to the nation on Friday morning, President (Goodluck) Jonathan said he was under oath to protect the lives of all Nigerians and the security of the country at all times. How can he do that when his supporters have engaged the services of ethnic militias, whom they have clothed in police and military uniforms, to engage in violence and election manipulations?

”If indeed the President means what he said, when he warned, in his broadcast, that ‘all necessary measures have been put in place to ensure that any persons, who breach the peace or cause public disorder during or after the elections are speedily apprehended and summarily dealt with according to our laws’, then he should immediately call his supporters to order and direct the security agencies to arrest those going around in fake police and military uniforms,” APC said.

Meanwhile, the party has also alerted the nation to what he called the ‘brazen actions to rig the elections in Rivers State’, where all original results sheets have been removed and photocopied to pave the way for the PDP to write fake results of the elections in the state.

It alleged similar moves to manipulate the elections and engage in massive thumb printing, starting on Friday evening, with purchased PVCs, which it added was also taking place not just in Rivers but in the South-East.
APC said the APC agent at the INEC office in the Port Harcourt, Emma Edeeyah, was arrested this morning without cause.
”These developments are worrisome and do not bode well for a free, fair, transparent and peaceful election. We are therefore calling on local and international observers to pay a close attention to these desperate measures aimed at thwarting the will of the people,” APC said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/opc-ex-militants-in-military-uniforms-to-attack-opposition-apc/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by MRLINGTON(m): 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
Anyhow they do it

Victory is sure for the APC

Sai Buhari

170 Likes 6 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
More reasons we have to be careful tomorrow..

Some die-hard politicians would stop at nothing to achieve their aims..

No politician worth die for.

Vote,not violence..

Sai-buhari.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by efilefun(m): 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
God pass dem, no matter the tactics or trick PDP use, they are going down tomorrow and Jonathan's administration would come to an end by May 29 in Jesus name. General Muhammadu Buhari alongside Pastor Yemi Osibanjo will lead our great nation Nigeria into greater height again and attain our status as the giant of Africa again not only in population but in all aspect of the economy. In Sha Allah

May God almighty bless you all as you head to the polls tomorrow to vote in the people's General and send the shoeless desperate power drunk fisherman back to his home town in otueke.

Sai Baba
Sai Buhari

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by bunmioguns(m): 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
Katikati

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by kulobyno: 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
NOTICE BEFORE MARCH 28. Which pipeline was vandalized recently that we don't know about? people are saying they don't have money again to import products and you are talking nonsense!, how can you expect me to spend 450m on a product that 320m used to buy because you devalued the naira?

I continue telling Nigerians, by the time Jonathan is done with their ars@, they will regret Jonathan 2019.
It is clear that the nation needs to start afresh but we must punish the culprits at the polls, the government's austerity measures is suffocating and the masses think its cool!!

How can you have kids studying abroad and you want to vote Jonathan, are you insane? what devalued the naira? shortage of FOREX
where does our FOREX come from? Sale of Oil, under Jonathan 400,000bbls of this oil is stolen daily worth $46,000,000 when oil was $115.
Jonathan had the temerity to award a security pipeline contract of $1.3b to Tompolo who is part of the theft, can you imagine the wickedness of this man?
Tompolo got his $1.3b in 2011, yet millitary got theirs in 2014 after boko has killed over 13,000 Nigerians? Is jonathan not wicked? are you guys ok! how can you vote poverty on your counscience? Let the Abuja big boys vote him, let us see how many votes he will get, yet the poor people who will soon become armed robbers and prost!tutes are shouting Sai Jonathan!! shame on your souls!!

Other oil producing countries saved at the time reason they are not complaining much, Russia saved $480b, their only achilles heel is their EU sanction.

Norway saved $780b, they are not complaining, Saudi Arabia saved $920b, depleted to $760b they are not complaining, Iran could not save because they were funding several terrorists organizations with their wealth, in cohort with Qatar, Nigeria decided to deplete the ECA and Foreign reserve, that is the genesis of this mess and we say SAI Jonathan? Why did the governors demand for their share of the ECA, because Jonathan was misappropriating it, several personal withdrawals from the account was proved in court.
Under OBJ nobody touched that account, that was how we survived drop in oil price as low as $38, Jonathan is $60, right now and Nigeria is on fire, can't you guys see?

You are an importer getting dollars at 225 naira and you say jonathan 2019? you are a m0r0n.
By the end of 2015 if Jonathan continues, most of the students here will drop out because your parents will lose their jobs, I am firing three next month and a lot of people are doing the same, you guys have no idea what is going to happen by this year end.

let me give you the history, oil price down, devalued naira, shortage of fuel, removal of all subsidies including HIV drugs, do you guys know where austerity measures end? food shortages.

You are a student and you want to vote Jonathan, sorry for you because when the government is running budget deficit like now, salaries will be owed and your lecturers will go on strike, cant you see?

If you took any loan bank , office or cooperative loan, with a devalued currency, you are in for an upward review of your interest rate, and some people think it is cool to be shouting GEJ 2019, those people deserve to be shot without trial

All government funded subsidies will disappear, if you have HIV, just save for your burial because in rivers state now, they are stranded, the ones supplied by the Americans can no longer go round, cant you guys see?

We must punish PDP at the polls, why are you scared of Buhari, are you a thief? the undisciplined and the thieves don't want buhari, while you a nobody is singing their praise, what are you scared of?
Anytime you fall in love with Jonathan ask yourself? what do you have to lose?

We are already down with Jonathan, we can not fear any worse.

Buhari is not a jesus but Jonathan must be punished for this mess, he should be held responsible and accountable for this mess, How can Jonathan approve austerity measures for Nigerians while he could not cut his feeding budget and you guys think its ok!!

He flies 9 private jets and you don't even have a tokumbo car shouting SAI jonathan?

Crude price is down and you think Jonathan is not responsible are you daft? how about saving and appreciating the naira when it was high so that as it goes down, it won't be this low?

jonathan is a walking disgrace if you support Jonathan and you are rich, benefitting from this government, you are wise, if you are an average Nigerian who is gonna face this austerity measures and still support his presidency, you are a f00l and a m0r0n, shaken together and runneth over.

This election has exposed one thing, Nigerians are very bad people, they are willing to stand and die for evil, the next hitler will be a Nigerian, mark my words.
PDP should go and rest

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by olas24u(f): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by Burger01(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
Anyhow they want it, Buhari is winning.

We have decided and we shall not be intimidated.

Sai Buhari

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by ozoigbondu: 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
APC CAN LIE I smell too much of lies in apc camp these days angry angry angry angry

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by medamillion(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
Here is what CHINEDU NEBO, a facebook pal has to say
medamillion:
WHY I DID NOT SUPPORT PRESIDENT JONATHAN:

Many people have asked me this question, that why do I NOT support President Jonathan despite the fact that most Igbos (if not all) support him.
Here are my reasons:

1)INSECURITY:
President Jonathan's administration has recorded almost the highest number death in his administration due BokoHaram insurgency. When BokoHaram initially started, the president handled them with kid's glove. He said, and I quote "BokoHaram is our siblings, how can you send the army to wipe off your family?".
Six weeks to election, he came out to say "I underestimated BokoHaram". This underestimation has cost him the lives of thousands of Northerners, even Southerners residing in the North.
Although, I was not affected by the event, but Mr President has failed in his duty to protect the lifes and properties of the citizens. IT COULD BE YOU TOMORROW.

2). CORRUPTION
Countless number of corruption has taken place under his watch:

The Minister of Aviation bought bullet proof cars worth N255M, the case was initially investigated but today we here nothing about it again.

The Minister of Petroleum, Allison Madueke hire Jets for a whopping N10B amidst poverty-strikened Nigerians. The case was initially investigated but today we here nothing about it again.
And many others too numerous to mention.

I am not affected by this event for now, but another 4years of Jonathan may see Nigeria go "bankrupt" which will definitely affect all Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion.

3) THE IMMIGRATION JOB SCAM:
I feel shocked whenever I see the pictures of the youths who died (in stampede) at a stadium due to poor organization of the event. The government collected N1,000 each from over 20,000 youths and the Minister that oversaw this terrible event has been left to enjoy more under Jonathan.
NO disciplinary measures taken against him.

It could be my brother or your brother who becomes a victim of this event, will you still support GEJ to run the affairs of this nation for another 4years?

I became more shocked to hear that, an event that happened about a year ago, the President, in just 6weeks to election has called the parents of the deceased for compensation.

4) THE OIL SUBSIDY SCAM:
When Jonathan administration removed oil subsidy on January 1, 2011...We all know how we suffered, we know how he spoiled that New Year for us. Many shops closed down, food prices escalated, no transport.

The same oil subsidy removal, the revenue recovered as been embezzled by some "TOP Class" citizen.
(FAROUK LAWAN and FEMI OTEDOLA Saga) comes to mind

4) THE CHIBOK GIRLS KIDNAP:
When over 200 girls were kidnapped, instead of my president to act on this issue, he termed it "propaganda", until about 10days later, he started acting.
This is over 300days, where are the girls? It could be your sister or my sister who has been in the jungle of BokoHaram, would you still support GEJ?

We may feel less-concerned as all this is happening
In the North NOT in the South, but an adage says "a burning fire knows no boundary".
I can't entrust the lifes of my family in the hands of this present government for another as years. IT WILL BE A SUICIDE.

FINALLY:
I reside in Igbo Etiti LGA, in Enugu...In 2011 nobody in my community could support GEJ more than I do to the extent that I almost got lynched by some supporters of the defunct ACN when I was traveling to Lagos because I wore Jonathan's campaign T-Shirt.

Having witnessed many irregularities in President Jonathan's administration, I am left with no choice but to vote the APC and see what they have to offer.

As at now, having tendered my reasons to friends and relatives who once hated me for not supporting GEJ, they've come to reason with me and they are also clamouring for CHANGE.

BUHARI may not be a saint, but we just have to give him a chance #givebuhariachance

Meet CHINEDU NEBO on facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1400953276887908&id=100009197478892&refid=17&_ft_&__tn__=%2As

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by pTomz(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by Francon(f): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
WHY ARE THEY EVEN AFRAID? THEY DOGS AND BABOONS ARE GETTING READY

3 Likes

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by DancingSkeleton(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dear Nigerians , no MAN born of a WOMAN is worth killing ur self for

BE WISE !!! #OneNigeria #VoteNotFight #LetPeaceReign

1 Like

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by chiedu7: 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
[size=16pt]ONE MASSIVE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GEJ & GMB[/size]

GEJ IS FIGHTING BOKO HARAM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32087211

GMB ASKED TO STOP KILLING BOKO HARAM

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by anonimi: 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
LIES from a winchious party of broom-wielders desperate to avoid sure & certain loss tomorrow.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by Matildahenshaw(f): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
Clock is ticking.
Time is running.
Card reader is charging.
PVC is dusting.
Wind of change is blowing.
Umbrella is licking.
Mua'zu is resigning.
INEC is distributing.
GMB is promising.
Jonathan is insulting.
Nigerians are Willing.
PDP is doubting.
Boko haram is bombing.
Ebele is bribing.
Change is coming.
Corrupt leaders shall be leaving.
God is Watching.
PDP shall be packing.
Sai_Buharing.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by umarc19: 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
Do ur worst fellas, #GMB will still win.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by deskossy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
Were spotted, but no pix GTFOH
Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
K
Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by hotgunz(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
So wat s there opinion to us? Make we no go vote ni?
Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by courage54(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ has been preaching of transformation and I begin to wonder the kind of transformation they are talking about.

What is the transformation agenda when the rate of dollar to naira is #220, what is transformation when we can not sleep with our two eyes close, what form of transformation are you guys talking about when young graduates are dying in recruitment centre for a government jobs they paid for? Maybe the kidnapping of the chimbok girls is GEJ style of transformation, what is transformation when you can't secure the life and property of the citizens you are leading? Maybe what GEJ mean by transformation agenda is the long queue in our filling stations, where fuel are been sold at a higher price. Government is about taking responsibility, so GEJ should take responsibility of the failure of his regime and stop blaming an innocent man for his cluelessness. According to General BUHARI he says and I quote "I take responsibility for whatever happened under my watch. I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future." So My people don't be deceive by those caricatures you see on TV they are all propagandas. Largest economy in Africa indeed and we can't boost of 400MW of electricity. You guys need to be calm and accept this change that is coming to Nigeria. It will be d dawn of a new beginning. #IHAVEDECIDED TO VOTE BUHARI/OSINBAJO

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-delta

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by belamour(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
SAI BUHARI

CHANGE IS HERE

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by omenka(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
No leader in history has ever worked so desperately towards the demise of the entity over which they preside than Jonathan is to Nigeria.

He keeps empowering and expanding the capability of militias while depleting that of State actors like the military and the police.

I find this man more and more disgusting with every single move he makes.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by tociano009(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
grin
Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by dejust(m): 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
Tomorrow will be a crying day for APC. So save your tears. Vote GEJ.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by iiichidodo: 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
APC are always whining and grumbling....i believe they can see the writing on the wall and are doing everything to rig up excuses. GEJ is winning this, no matter what.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by tigonana: 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
I just dey look o.
Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by elbinmanny(m): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
APC bweast feeding Nigerians with lies since 779BC

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC by Francon(f): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
STORY

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Political Moves To Save Saraki’s Job Crumble - Punch / Pictures From Olajide Sowore's Funeral / Azeez Adesiji Decamps To ADP With 6200 APC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.