Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Please Define "Humility", Somebody! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Define "Humility", Somebody! (663 Views)

Somebody HELP I Think My Fiancee Is Planning Something Dangerous Against Me!!!!! / I Found This Funny: The Moment Of Humility For All Men (picture Added) / Define Your "Current" Relationship Or Your "Dream" Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Define "Humility", Somebody! by Berylmoi(f): 9:40am On Mar 28, 2015
Hi nairalander.
Please I need some logical reasoning in this issue I'm about to raise here. I don't need no lectures on how to run my life just your fair opinions. Thanks.

So I am seeing this awesome young man who adores me and really wants us to be happy at all times. I do my own bit too and he really appreciates my efforts all the time. I am one person who really takes my time in a relationship before opening up GRADUALLY but with him, it was different. We connected with speed and I opened up like a crazy flower. And No, I didn't hop into bed with him (we are on the 180-days-rule roll *heeheehee*).
In my past relationships, I hardly spoke my mind. I stomached a lot of nonsense and accommodated all forms of excesses. But I had a self talk before meeting the present guy and I believe that was one factor that contributed to the new direction in our relationship. I say things I want to say. Apologize when I have to. Say yes or no when I want to.
At first I was scared that being that brazen might push him away but as he encouraged me to be that way, I relaxed. I let him know the things that piss me off and one of them is hanging up the phone on me. One day after a heated argument (we can argue like we were in a law court), he hung up on me. In anger I sent him a strongly worded text message, warning him sternly to "NEVER EVER HANG UP ON ME EVER AGAIN!" The following day he called me and reprimanded me for that SMS saying that I was not humble. He took his time telling me that humility requires I do not say or send such words to my man. I apologized and we made up but I made it clear to him that I did not share that opinion with him. So in that context, can someone define humility for me? Does it mean I shouldn't express my anger and disappointment at my man? Does it mean I should keep accommodating all excesses and shut up and never speak up even when am dying inside?

Note: I give him the maximum respect he deserves that sometimes he could get almost pissed at the way I treat him cos he wants me to place him on the same pedestal with every regular guy which I don't want to do every time. Come on, he is special nah...
Re: Please Define "Humility", Somebody! by falconey(m): 9:41am On Mar 28, 2015
I am here to comment!
Re: Please Define "Humility", Somebody! by Berylmoi(f): 9:41am On Mar 28, 2015
Please forgive every possible grammatical blunders.
Re: Please Define "Humility", Somebody! by falconey(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2015
Berylmoi:
Please forgive every possible grammatical blunders.

no problem I have not read it yet.
Re: Please Define "Humility", Somebody! by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 28, 2015
Sorry, I can't read all these stuffs! I am on for accreditation cheesy
Re: Please Define "Humility", Somebody! by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2015
The funny thing about humility is the second you think you have it, you don't.
Re: Please Define "Humility", Somebody! by dharay99: 10:37am On Mar 28, 2015
0p, ur charm worked, I couldn't bliv I read dat long note, plz kindly return my wasted Mb for opening ds thread cuz nuffin consyn me wid ur relationship.

#thank u
cry cry
Re: Please Define "Humility", Somebody! by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 28, 2015
How dare he tell you that? The next time you guys argue and he hangs up on you, send a "curse text message to him" or drive to his place and give him a resounding slap! Mtchewww

See question!!!

(1) (Reply)

Seven (7) Unthinkable Secrets Of Men Women Should Know About / Furniture Style Selector / *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.