Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride (2297 Views)

7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify / 18 Year Old Girl Tries To Commit Suicide After Boyfriend Dumped Her (photos) / Groom Attempt Suicide At Wedding After Seeing Ugly Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by olempe(m): 9:57am On Mar 28, 2015
A Chinese groom was so upset at being forced to marry an ugly bride that he tried to commit suicide. Police officers were called to a lake in the city of Shiyan in the central Hubei province, after receiving reports that a man had been spotted attempting to kill himself by drowning.

According to the People’s Daily Online, the would-be groom was discovered floating face down in the lake but was pulled from the water alive and is expected to make a full recovery. Describing the moment he discovered the groom, police officer Hou Kunshan said: ‘I saw a man floating in the water face down. We couldn’t see his condition but when I got closer I could see that it was rather serious.’

The police officer immediately dived straight into the water to save the drowning man – not even taking them time to remove his jacket before doing so.

‘I first dragged him towards the wall but as I knew I didn’t have the strength to get him out of the water alone I put him near the wall and waited for the fire brigade to arrive,’ he said.

When the firefighters arrived at the scene they used safety ropes to winch the man to safety.

He was taken to the local hospital for observations and is now expected to make a full recovery.

Police officers later asked the groom why he attempted to commit suicide and he revealed that he was being pressured into an arranged marriage that he was very unhappy about.

‘This man was very unhappy with an arranged marriage his family had organised. They had found him a girlfriend but he wasn’t very happy with her looks and under the pressure of his family he decided to take his own life,’ Officer Hou said.

Qan Tsui, 25, who took photos of the rescue said: ‘He was fully clothed and floating face down in the water…He was unconscious and I thought he was dead.

‘When the police arrived one jumped in and dragged him ashore with the help of foremen who put a rope around his chest to pull him out before pumping his chest. They saved his life.’

http://www.nigerianscoop.com/chinese-man-attempts-to-commit-suicide-by-jumping-into-a-lake-because-he-was-being-forced-to-marry-an-ugly-bride/

Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by jamex93(m): 9:59am On Mar 28, 2015
make him die na
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by spicykev(f): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2015
this is serious
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2015
Not like he looks handsome seff undecided
See the wowo thing... Mtchwww

1 Like

Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Cutehector(m): 10:14am On Mar 28, 2015
Its not a crime to like fine girls.
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Enegod(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2015
Gun or rope for kill him fast....smh undecided
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by akinsadeez(m): 10:24am On Mar 28, 2015
Stupid man. If he should die, will the 'ugly' lady not find someone else? She will even dance gangnam style on his grave with her new husband. How person go wan kill himself because of a lady
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Ab025(m): 10:30am On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:
Not like he looks handsome seff undecided
See the wowo thing... Mtchwww

i nor too blame the man o cos me sef nor go fit marry ugly woman o. but on a good note, i think he should have just divorced her rather than attempting to take his own life, that's stupidity!!
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by olempe(m): 11:03am On Mar 28, 2015
Cutehector:
Abi na wink
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 11:14am On Mar 28, 2015
Ab025:

i nor too blame the man o cos me sef nor go fit marry ugly woman o. but on a good note, i think he should have just divorced her rather than attempting to take his own life, that's stupidity!!
That's what we all say, marry first make we know cheesy
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 11:16am On Mar 28, 2015
Cutehector:
It is when it becomes a threat to your life o

1 Like

Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Ab025(m): 11:22am On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

That's what we all say, marry first make we know cheesy

hey miss, its not a thing of marry first, am saying my own personal opinion, u can stick to yours. Mind you, I may not know who i will finally marry 2moro but i know who i cant marry#
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Cutehector(m): 11:22am On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

It is when it becomes a threat to your life o
do u like fyn guys? grin
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 11:27am On Mar 28, 2015
Ab025:
Why? Is it because you aren't cute? cheesy

Cutehector:
do u like fyn guys? grin
Of course! Who doesn't like fine things? tongue
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Cutehector(m): 11:29am On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

Why? Is it because you aren't cute? cheesy

Of course! Who doesn't like fine things?
so ur boyfrnd is handsome ryt?
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Ab025(m): 11:32am On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

Why? Is it because you aren't cute? : tongue

as for that, that's not the reason and by the way, trust me, am a very cute dude.
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2015
Cutehector:
so ur boyfrnd is handsome ryt?
I didn't say it's a must, we can't always get what we want, if I'm dating a not so cute guy at least he will make up for it in other areas.
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2015
Ab025:

as for that, that's not the reason and by the way, trust me, am a very cute dude.
Hmmmm... Says who?
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Cutehector(m): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

I didn't say it's a must, we can't always get what we want, if I'm dating a not so cute guy at least he will make up for it in other areas.
in oda areas like grin
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Ab025(m): 11:41am On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

Hmmmm... Says who?

hey, lets not go into that pls afterall beauty or handsomeness is relative, hence they say it's in the eyes of the beholder.

but for real, my wife is gonna be a beautiful lady, that i know#.
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2015
Cutehector:
in oda areas like grin
grin Get your mind out of the gutter, beauty doesn't revolve around physical attributes lol

Ab025:

hey, lets not go into that pls afterall beauty or handsomeness is relative, hence they say it's in the eyes of the beholder.
but for real, my wife is gonna be a beautiful lady, that i know#.
I was just teasing, so don't go serious and philosophical on me.
May your dream to marry a beautiful woman come true. Amen.
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Cutehector(m): 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

grin Get your mind out of the gutter, beauty doesn't revolve around physical attributes lol
so wat does beauty revolve around
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 12:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
Cutehector:
so wat does beauty revolve around
I'll tell you if you tell me how to get to work this afternoon without trekking for almost an hour embarassed
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Cutehector(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

I'll tell you if you tell me how to get to work this afternoon without trekking for almost an hour embarassed
work ke. I tot d inspector general of police ordered closure of businesses.
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2015
Cutehector:
work ke. I tot d inspector general of police ordered closure of businesses.
Unfortunately, that doesn't include hospitals.
Oya goan vote.
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Cutehector(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

Unfortunately, that doesn't include hospitals.
Oya goan vote.
so u r a nurse
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by sweettease(f): 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
Cutehector:
so u r a nurse
Proudly, although times like this make me which I had gone for Engineering
Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by Cutehector(m): 12:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
sweettease:

Proudly, although times like this make me which I had gone for Engineering
well, u neva knw, that which u wish for may not be as u think will be. U can make up for it by marryn an engineer grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Attempts To Commit Suicide Because He Was Forced To Marry An Ugly Bride by olempe(m): 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
Cutehector:
well, u neva knw, that which u wish for may not be as u think will be. U can make up for it by marryn an engineer grin
Nice move.

(1) (Reply)

My Best Friend Used My 17yrs Old Son As Sèx T0y - Mother Cries / Man Walks In On His Wife Having Sex With Her Driver In Abuja, Guess What Happens / Is It Wrong To Buy Sanitary Pad For A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.