Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research (45623 Views)

11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies / 19 Things (you May Not Know) You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera / Three Uses For Your Phone's Camera That Don't Involve Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by eromspete(m): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
Does your phone have image stabilisation?

What is the pixel count per square inch?

What type of image sensor does it use?

How well does your phone camera perform under low-light situations?

How fast is the aperture (f-stop) of your phone camera..

Is the color reproduction of your camera accurate?

It's not by MegaPixels alone bros.. There's many other parameters used in ranking these phone cameras

I'd pick SONY, Blackberry, Oppo, Nexus, Meizu over any form of TECNO phone that will ever be produced. Sorry undecided

Everfrank:

This plain list didn't make any sense without stating the properties of the cameras one by one. My tecno phantom z(A7) has a 16 mega pixel rear camera.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by francis247(m): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
ollah1:

Didirin the M9 is released right? Fooooool
Easy Bro. M9 has been released.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by ghost1718(m): 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2015
each of the phone has were is the best just like my tecno f5, the battery na 3days but no phone can use to compare nokia in camera+iphone
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by karkel(m): 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
Name:windows phone .model:Nokia Lumia.carrier:Verizon wireless. Software:window*phone 8.0. Screen Resolution:480*800. equivalent to D9 camera, ma girl com pose make I slap am like dis......... .............. .
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
francis247:
Easy Bro. M9 has been released.

What date was it released? I bet u can't come up with any date
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by eromspete(m): 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
Passport > Classic > Z30 in decreasing order of price

pinkishgal:
Pls which brand of blackberry is the best...thinking of getting one and I don't know which to go for.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Kevkain: 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
YOUR LIST IS TOTALY WRONG......SONY XPERIA Z series HAS D WORLD BESTCAMERA
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Ajiowe: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
The above list is not complete without the mention of Gionee E7, it has the most powerful and clearer camera flagship.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by mikemodel24: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Phonearena.com conducted camera 'blind test' on high end phones, and here are the top phone cameras:
1) lumia 930
2) samsung galaxy note 4
3) iphone 6 plus
4) google nexus 6
5) samsung galaxy s5
6) htc one m9
dick joystick
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
ronald4lif:
I'm for Apple any day bro. I don't even want to imagine life without Apple products.
Apple ko,guava ni
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Apple is overated...cant wait for microsoft to launch windows 10,so i can jump into windows bandwagon.....team lumia 1530(lumia 1520 successor)
I always tell ppl that the only good thing about the word 'apple' is that it's an edible fruit...the other 'apple' is just an overated piece of junk!
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by hemor(m): 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
that rating is bullshit. Nokia Lumia 1020 and Meizu MX4 have better camera than all those phones.

Incase you're thinking wtf is Meizu MX4. That phone has a 20.7 MP camera and it has the highest antutu benchmark rating as at Q3 2014

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
suxxman:
?
All these na wash..... My Tecno M3 still sharp pass all.
#TeamTecno4Life cheesycheesycheesy
i no tell you?see as your life be...i fear ur village ppl
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
liberty300:
Bro. Apple is the best to take pictures with. Forget the mega pixel on paper for all these trashy android phones. Use an apple fone and see the difference...it makes anything looks beautiful.

Another phone to take interesting pictures with especially selfies is the BlackBerry z30. Trust me on this, it has a way of eliminating oily skin on pictures and making them look better (selfie).

Pictures of environment is best taken with a Sony phone
another brainwashed 'apple-held-ransom' i-diot on the loose!
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by chimoskyg(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
Apple products till end of time
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Feraz(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
prince3009:

Bro, you took these shots yourself or you copied them from a site which claims they were taken with an Experia Z2?
He actually took them himself. Visit this thread to see more on mobile photography. Naturefellow uses a blackberry but his pictures are awesome; SmooshCHN uses a Sony and his pictures are are also awesome. Apart from The sensor size, aperture and what not, me thinks someone who knows what photography entails will make good use of a good camera phone.

Those shouting how Lumia made the list only need to use one and see how powerful its cameras are (high ended Lumia phones). I can see their beef for Windows Phones is getting to them even in this thread. tongue

The pictures below were taken with a Lumia 925. . . cheesy

1 Like

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Ode.has s6 been realised?
i wonda oh,s6 that was just announced which day self! SMH!
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by jerrymej(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Phonearena.com conducted camera 'blind test' on high end phones, and here are the top phone cameras:
1) lumia 930
2) samsung galaxy note 4
3) iphone 6 plus
4) google nexus 6
5) samsung galaxy s5
6) htc one m9

Where did you left 'Blackberry passport and Samsung Galaxy S6'? Your list is yet correct.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by SmooshCHN: 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
prince3009:

Bro, you took these shots yourself or you copied them from a site which claims they were taken with an Experia Z2?
wink cheesy that kind of question neither hard to answer nor does it touch me. I took them myself. Megapixels doesn't translate to good Mobile Camera, it's about The Sensor Size (The bigger the better) , The Size of Each pixels making up each photo(the smaller the better) and lastly Megapixel. A Nokia Lumia 1080 with I think over 40Megapixel will never out-do a professional camera of 12Megapixel in terms of Picture Quality. the Lumia might looks bigger but not better. As for my photographs Any Mobile phone that doesn't give me that Manual adjustment such as Exposure Compensation, Focus Options, Mutual ISO settings etc to me is not what is best IPhone and Samsung Galaxy lacks these. All these doesn't make sense if one ends up using a IPhone 6 or Galaxy S6 or note 4 to take photos of Rice and Beans in a Water Bottle. What you make out of it is what matter. I'm proud of my trashy image and don't need to copy an image from a website. wink

These are proofs. They only look much better after tweaking. The last image is also from me, after editing with Camera360. all from Sony Z2, hoping to get the Z4 when it's launched.

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by scarffield(m): 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
suxxman:
?
All these na wash..... My Tecno M3 still sharp pass all.
#TeamTecno4Life cheesycheesycheesy
u needd money in ur life!
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by SmooshCHN: 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
Feraz:
He actually took them himself. Visit this thread to see more on mobile photography. Naturefellow uses a blackberry but his pictures are awesome; SmooshCHN uses a Sony and his pictures are are also awesome. Apart from The sensor size, aperture and what not, me thinks someone who knows what photography entails will make good use of a good camera phone.

Those shouting how Lumia made the list only need to use one and see how powerful its cameras are (high ended Lumia phones). I can see their beef for Windows Phones is getting to them even in this thread. tongue
Thanks for having my back man. It all boils than to knowing how to use the phone. The facts on paper don't always transcend in real life too. I hope they understand
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by MrHighSea: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
And Xperia?

1 Like

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by amunkita(m): 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
So many mumu insulting themsef on 1st page ova phone wey nah 2nd hand dem fit buy..

No Camera phone lik my Nokia 3310..

If u dispute, go skate 4 3rd mainland bridge..
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by SmooshCHN: 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
ollah1:

Apparently you know more than tech sites that didn't rate z3 in their camera test
It just pains me most people judge with Ignorance and Sentiments. If you have an IPhone of 8MP and Lumia of over 40MP with a poor Sensor your iPhone will always do better. If you then take trashy images with your iPhone, then your great Camera specs is as good as trash or on paper.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by martineverest(m): 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
Good questions from a tech-savvy fellow......wonder when ppl realise dat megapixel doe not relate to picture sharpness but print size of a pic
eromspete:
Does your phone have image stabilisation?

What is the pixel count per square inch?

What type of image sensor does it use?

How well does your phone camera perform under low-light situations?

How fast is the aperture (f-stop) of your phone camera..

Is the color reproduction of your camera accurate?

It's not by MegaPixels alone bros.. There's many other parameters used in ranking these phone cameras

I'd pick SONY, Blackberry, Oppo, Nexus, Meizu over any form of TECNO phone that will ever be produced. Sorry undecided

Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
SmooshCHN:
It just pains me most people judge with Ignorance and Sentiments. If you have an IPhone of 8MP and Lumia of over 40MP with a poor Sensor your iPhone will always do better. If you then take trashy images with your iPhone, then your great Camera specs is as good as trash or on paper.

I haven't said anything about megapixels. Song has the best sensor but they don't produce the phones with best cameras. The newest sensor would lunch with Z4, I can bet you that note 5 and iPhone 6S would produce better shots than Z4 if they use same sensor.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by SmooshCHN: 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
ollah1:

I haven't said anything about megapixels. Song has the best sensor but they don't produce the phones with best cameras. The newest sensor would lunch with Z4, I can bet you that note 5 and iPhone 6S would produce better shots than Z4 if they use same sensor.
It was directed at those arguing blindly not you Bro. I understand your point and we're saying the same thing. Sorry I didn't aim right to those I wanted to. Both the Note 4 and IPhone 6 have larger sensors than the Sony. The Pixel sizes and the Megapixel with the Sensor Size makes the best quality. If the IPhone and the Samsung Note 4 have Larger Sensor, Smaller pixels size and high Megapixel like 20MP then that's all when it comes to quality competing with Sony and co.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by hemor(m): 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
martineverest:
Apple is overated...cant wait for microsoft to launch windows 10,so i can jump into windows bandwagon.....team lumia 1530(lumia 1520 successor)
Apple has never been overrated, they have good products and good brand. Windows is the one being overrated and as for windows 10 there's nothing exciting about it because i use the technical preview version except they add new features to it before releasing the public and more stable version.

If we rate all desktop operating systems with whatever way you wish to rate them windows will never come first except if you're rating according to user friendliness(windows is very user friendly and easy to use compared to others) and number of users and i can tell you confidently that if Apple start licensing mac OS to other manufacturers today it will have more users than windows in less than 2 years (everybody loves Apple including you).

Rating According to User Interface
1. Macintosh
2. Windows (i personally prefer ubuntu U.I to windows but I want to go with the public)
3. Ubuntu

Rating According to Stability
1. Ubuntu and all Linux OS
2. Macintosh
3. Windows

* Ubuntu and Mac rarely crash but windows crash a lot. You'll know that if you're the type that likes testing apps especially beta versions

Rating According to Number of Developers
1. Ubuntu and all Linux OS
2. Windows
3. Mac

* Linux has a lot of developers because it's open source. That's why android has more developers than any other mobile OS.

I did not get those ratings anywhere but I'm sure any computer geek who has used the 3 OS will agree with me.

Finally - Apple is not overrated but it's definitely overpriced. Well everything nowadays is overpriced starting from #50 table water.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Ejekinsim(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
Infinix zero I think shud b included in d list.... It has a very good camera quality.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by Feraz(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
SmooshCHN:
wink cheesy that kind of question neither hard to answer nor does it touch me. I took them myself. Megapixels doesn't translate to good Mobile Camera, it's about The Sensor Size (The bigger the better) , The Size of Each pixels making up each photo(the smaller the better) and lastly Megapixel. A Nokia Lumia 1080 with I think over 40Megapixel will never out-do a professional camera of 12Megapixel in terms of Picture Quality. the Lumia might looks bigger but not better. As for my photographs Any Mobile phone that doesn't give me that Manual adjustment such as Exposure Compensation, Focus Options, Mutual ISO settings etc to me is not what is best IPhone and Samsung Galaxy lacks these. All these doesn't make sense if one ends up using a IPhone 6 or Galaxy S6 or note 4 to take photos of Rice and Beans in a Water Bottle. What you make out of it is what matter. I'm proud of my trashy image and don't need to copy an image from a website. wink

These are proofs. They only look much better after tweaking. The last image is also from me, after editing with Camera360. all from Sony Z2, hoping to get the Z4 when it's launched.
The bolded...very apt.

Was using my phone like that till I discovered the manual adjustment. Since then, na manual win am.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by SmooshCHN: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
Feraz:
The bolded...very apt.

Was using my phone like that till I discovered the manual adjustment. Since then, na manual win am.
Yes o. Even up to white balance. Those phones won the likes of iPhone and Samsung because they perform OK with automatic offering impatient users the ease to just click click click and get satisfactory results.
Re: Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research by hemor(m): 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ejekinsim:
Infinix zero I think shud b included in d list.... It has a very good camera quality.

Ewww. Infinix zero has a wack camera even Tecno h6 that has 8MP has a better camera. Snap with both phones before ypu come back to argue with me.

BTW, both phones have a wack camera compared to the phones on that list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX / See 6 Of The Most Dangerous Selfies Ever Taken / 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.