Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

This Is Why Men Cheat - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why Men Cheat (43857 Views)

Reasons Why Men Should Stop Patronizing Prostitutes(oloshos) / Why Do Men Cheat??? / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 30, 2015
I wanted to know what drives men to cheat. If a man truly loves his woman then why cheat on her? So I asked Google and I was shocked by my findings:

www.m.webmd.com/men/.../why-men-ch.. 

48% of men rated emotional dissatisfaction as the primary reason they cheated. So much for the myth that for men,cheating is all about sex:

Only 8 percent of men said that sexual dissatisfaction was the main factor in their infidelity. "Our culture tells us that all men need to be happy is sex," Neuman says

These results mean that both partners are guilty and not just the man who cheated

I would like us to discuss this issue in a matured manner.

My question is if you've experienced being the cheater or cheated on why did you do it or were you willing to work on your relationship. This is of course if both parties love each other.

Pls no insults or derailing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 30, 2015
Men "cheat" for no reason!

You don't still understand?

OK picture this... I have the intentions of mounting kennygee though am in a relationship....yet I must mount her...is that cheating? No! Cos by nature men are polygamists... But because we men are moving against nature we become chokingly monogamous ...its a terrible thing!

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by SpeedyConnect(m): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2015
Cheating doesn't necessarily mean there is no love.

Now, many things can cause cheating ranging from frigidity, incuriosity, lack of adventure, etc.
So when a man cheats, it would be out of place to assert " he doesn't love her". Not a proponent of cheating though. Thank you.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by mabeni(m): 6:25am On Mar 30, 2015
DarkAngel86:
I wanted to know what drives men to cheat. If a man truly loves his woman then why cheat on her? So I asked Google and I was shocked by my findings:

www.m.webmd.com/men/.../why-men-ch.. 

48% of men rated emotional dissatisfaction as the primary reason they cheated. So much for the myth that for men,cheating is all about sex:

Only 8 percent of men said that sexual dissatisfaction was the main factor in their infidelity. "Our culture tells us that all men need to be happy is sex," Neuman says

These results mean that both partners are guilty and not just the man who cheated

I would like us to discuss this issue in a matured manner.

My question is if you've experienced being the cheater or cheated on why did you do it or were you willing to work on your relationship. This is of course if both parties love each other.

Pls no insults or derailing.

Women don't cheat? Hit ''like'' if u agree women cheats d most.

51 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by justi4jesu(f): 6:26am On Mar 30, 2015
mabeni:
Women don't cheat?

No they don't. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by delishpot: 6:26am On Mar 30, 2015
what excuse can a woman give to cheat?

Anyhoe, yes a man whose wife is not good will be tempted to cheat. Women please try to treat your husbands well o. If he is abusive dump his ass but if he is a good husband, kind, gentle and has your interest at heart, please treat him well and show him same.
The same thing goes to men . You want to marry an angel, make sure your home is heaven. Abi do you expect an angel to live in hell? If she is an asshole(wicked, rude, nagging and non chalant) , just take her back to her fathers house. The problem here is, many people will just paint their partners bad just to have a reason to do what ever they want.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Enegod(m): 6:28am On Mar 30, 2015
Men cheat for the same reasons women cheat. We all like shiny things on the other side of the fence undecided undecided

23 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by delishpot: 6:34am On Mar 30, 2015
SpeedyConnect:
Cheating doesn't mean there is no love

Can a wife also give this speech? will you buy this story if your wife cheats on you and says it doesnt mean she no longer love you? Or is it making sense because you are a man and it gives you the upper hand? No offence o, I just want to know your point of view.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 30, 2015
delishpot:

Can a wife also give this speech? will you buy this story if your wife cheats on you and says it doesnt mean she no longer love you? Or is it making sense because you are a man and it gives you the upper hand? No offence o, I just want to know your point of view.

Natural laws permits polygamy... And in that it means a man can have more than a wife

I love the Bible its complete! Such a speech won't be biblical now ...... will it?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by SpeedyConnect(m): 6:42am On Mar 30, 2015
delishpot:

Ok you know I was overly precise in the first post.
The notion I wanted to correct was that that tends to chalk up cheating to absence of 'love' alone. It's analogous to chalking up failure in exams as lack of studying alone , discounting other factors that could have contributed to it.

Now, many things can cause cheating ranging from frigidity, incuriosity, lack of adventure, etc.
So when a man cheats, it would be out of place to assert " he doesn't love her". Not a proponent of cheating though. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Pinkiedearie(f): 6:48am On Mar 30, 2015
Reading carefuLly.. embarassed
Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 30, 2015
I guess the fact a woman can't separate emotional attachment and sex plays a role too.
However the article suggests that men cheat for other reasons than sex and this means a man can also fall in love with the woman he is cheating with if his woman isn't providing the emotional fulfilment. So cheating can equate to not loving his woman because he can't love two women Equally.

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 30, 2015
DarkAngel86:
I guess the fact a woman can't separate emotional attachment and sex plays a role too.
However the article suggests that men cheat for other reasons than sex and this means a man can also fall in love with the woman he is cheating with if his woman isn't providing the emotional fulfilment. So cheating can equate to not loving his woman because he can't love two women Equally.
How do you know I can't love equally? .... How do you measure love?

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2015
SmartChoices:

How do you know I can't love equally? .... How do you measure love?

Because In this example you cheated to fill a void, something that was missing therefore there is no equality there. You'll love different things about them but you won't love them for the same reason. As a woman it's more comforting to believe the other woman only satisfied you sexual desires rather than your emotional fulfilment.... If you love another you can't love me too imo... This is NOT a polygamous society aft all.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 30, 2015
Why men cheat? Good question. Not because they really wanted to cheat. But me think its the ladies. They wouldn't see a goodlooking/wealthy guy without running after him, as a smart guy he adds them to his list, then later they'll say guys re cheats

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 30, 2015
DarkAngel86:

Because In this example you cheated to fill a void, something that was missing therefore there is no equality there. You'll love different things about them but you won't love them for the same reason. As a woman it's more comforting to believe the other woman only satisfied you sexual desires rather than your emotional fulfilment.... If you love another you can't love me too imo... This is NOT a polygamous society aft all.

I don't know where you're typing from... But here in Nigeria... It's a polygamous society!

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 30, 2015
alexdellafonte:
Why men cheat? Good question. Not because they really wanted to cheat. But me think its the ladies. They wouldn't see a goodlooking/wealthy guy without running after him, as a smart guy he adds them to his list, then later they'll say guys re cheats

COULDN'T SAY IT BETTER IF I TRIED

koyyess:
A lot of subjective comments here. That tells you how daft , greedy and unreasonable most humans are. You say men are polygamous in nature, yet you fail to reason how only one man can equally satisfy 2,3 or more women physically and emotionally. You try to delude yourself by thinking all women (wives from polygamous homes in particular) are faithful to their husbands. I wish africa was technologically advanced like other continents, you'll be shocked to know how many men are unknowingly fathering another man's child. People keep using the bible to support polygamy with stories of solomon and david. They didn't read the part where david's greed led him to have sex with another man's wife who took in for him. Supposing she had kept quiet about her pregnancy and succeeded in sleeping with her husband during that period, her own husband would have fathered david's own child. That would have been a good thing abi? Ofcourse she spoke out and the greedy king saw it fit to end her husband's life- Good decision made by a man of God abi? I hate it when threads like this come up, it gives male folks the platform to display their ignorance and stupidity. You think it's a man's world but Don't forget that when you decide to play the cheating game, you involve A WOMAN. And when you let a woman( single or married) help you destroy your relationship/ marriage and come to NL to call yourself a complete man, then you need psychiatric help!
Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 30, 2015
SmartChoices:

I don't know where you're typing from... But here in Nigeria... It's a polygamous society!

Ok but isn't polygamy a choice? So if one woman refuses then it's back to square one.
Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 30, 2015
I can tell you @op that men don't even know why.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 30, 2015
DarkAngel86:

The one shopping is the cheat tongue
Does that make him a cheat. This what I'm actually talking about. Now y'all shift the blame on the guy. What about the girls, they need some education, stop running after successful men .

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 30, 2015
alexdellafonte:

Does that make him a cheat. This what I'm actually talking about. Now y'all shift the blame on the guy. What about the girls, they need some education, stop running after successful men .

Nope the so called successful man needs common sense. Your woman isn't accountable for other women's actions. Stop playing everybody takes responsibility for their actions.
Lol you're funny thou tongue
Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 30, 2015
SmartChoices:
Cos by nature men are polygamists... But because we men are moving against nature we become chokingly monogamous ...its a terrible thing!

It's also natural for you to compete with and kill other men for your chance to impregnate every female in the surrounding area. Should you start doing that?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 30, 2015
DarkAngel86:

Nope the so called successful man needs common sense. Your woman isn't accountable for other women's actions. Stop playing everybody takes responsibility for their actions.
Lol you're funny thou tongue

Nope me think the girls need common sense. As a matter of fact, when you go to the market and there is no one to sell, you go back home right? But in this case, they ladies re always available. N you say men re cheats?

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Exjoker(m): 7:51am On Mar 30, 2015
I Love the Emotional Dissatisfaction part. Ladies need to tighten their belt to satisfy both physically and emotionally. Love is not given sex to your man and start thinking that you have satisfy his wants. Never! we also need care and love. 80% of ladies thinks showing cares and love in a relationship is only meant for men. where as that is not the case, a love relationship is mutual.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by delishpot: 7:55am On Mar 30, 2015
SpeedyConnect:

Ok you know I was overly precise in the first post.
The notion I wanted to correct was that that tends to chalk up cheating to absence of 'love' alone. It's analogous to chalking up failure in exams as lack of studying alone , discounting other factors that could have contributed to it.

Ok. I get you.
Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 30, 2015
Most of the men in this thread are acting like it is a woman's job to prevent her man from cheating. What nonsense. Keeping your relationship healthy is important and is the duty of the man and the woman. But if someone cheats it is their fault and their fault alone. Even if your relationship is sexless and miserable.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 30, 2015
Men can't be satisfied... Well to me theres nothing lyk cheating in a relationship, its rather called SHARING... Op can u watch only one t.v station for just a year??

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by delishpot: 8:15am On Mar 30, 2015
SmartChoices:

Natural laws permits polygamy... And in that it means a man can have more than a wife

I love the Bible its complete! Such a speech won't be biblical now ...... will it?

Did this text reffer to polygamy? We are talking of a cheating husband you are talking polygamy. Which was introduced due to mans greed. The bible contains a lot of things, ranging from men sleeping with their slave women, men owning slaves, man asking for their pregnant daughter inlaws to be stonned, does that make it right? Is it then ok for christians to own slaves? Does that make it right for masters now to have carnal knowledge of their female servants? God or Jesus did not speak against such men, Jesus never said it was wrong to have slaves, instead he said slaves and servants should serve their masters well. Does that mean Jesus approved of slavery?
Mans heart is hardened sha, He only picks those verses which benefits him. If that same bible had allowed your woman to bang whom she so ever wants will you be quick to encourage her to do so?
Its human nature sha, we see where bible says children honour your parents but ignore where it says parents dont provoke your children to wrath. men notice where it says God will provide for us according to his riches in glory but ignore where it said if anyman wants to follow me, let him sell all he owns give the money to the poor and follow me. Men are quick to mention the bible said women should honour and submit to their husbands but forget where men are adviced to treat their wives as they will treat their own selves.

http://creation.mobi/monogamy-bible-one-man-woman

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:24am On Mar 30, 2015
Logician:
I can tell you @op that men don't even know why.

Exactly! If we could explain why , we would have dealt with it long ago.

Women, why do you manipulate men?

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 30, 2015
delishpot:

Did this text reffer to polygamy? We are talking of a cheating husband you are talking polygamy. Which was introduced due to mans greed. Ter bible conrains a lot of things, ranging from men sleeping with their slave women, men owning slaves, man asking for their pregnant daughter inlaws to be stonned, does that make it right? Is it then ok for christians to own slaves? Does that make it right for masters now to have carnal knowledge of their female servants? God or Jesus did not speak against such men, Jesus never said it was wrong to have slaves, instead he said slaves and servants should serve their masters well. Does that mean Jesus approved of slavery?
Mans heart is hardened sha, He only picks those verses which benefits him. If that same bible had allowed your woman to bang whom she so ever wants will you be quick to encourage her to do so?
Its human nature sha, we see where bible says children honour your parents but ignore where it says parents dont provoke your children to wrath. men notice where it says God will provide for us according to his riches in glory but ignore where it said if anyman wants to follow me, let him sell all he owns give the money to the poor and follow me. Men are quick to mention the bible said women should honour and submit to their husbands but forget where men are adviced to treat their wives as they will treat their own selves.

http://creation.mobi/monogamy-bible-one-man-woman

I have tranversed the Bible n am yet to see a place where a woman is recorded as having more than one husband at a time.....while you know the stories of Solomon and his wives

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by stevikenna: 8:27am On Mar 30, 2015
MEN ARE POLYGAMOUS IN NATURE
ITS JUST CIVILISATION THAT HAS TAMED US

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why Men Cheat by bastien: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2015
Na so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Women Dislike Nice Guys / I Ordered For A Bottled Water And She's Angry / Side Chic Insults Her Boyfriend's Wife On Facebook Over Their Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.