Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. (1477 Views)

New Lagos-Kano Rail Line: Can Someone Educate Me Please? / Somebody Please Educate Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Abia State Sanitation Authority Should Take Note And Educate The Masses On This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by Rexnegro(m): 12:41am On Mar 31, 2015
Hello house , please something isn't clear to me concerning this election of a thing, on facebook a pdp supporter was boosting about 25% of a thing , that technically Gej/Pdp can still win GMB/Apc despite the Lead accumulated...now my thoughts are is it that even if GMB wins by simple majority at the end of all the results , he may not be declare winner for not attaining 25% in at least 25 state ? Please for those of u with a clearer or better knowledge of this should educate me and others like me too....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by Greg2015(m): 12:47am On Mar 31, 2015
Don't worry they will go to Ghana or Togo to borrow people to join the votes they having already.
Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by eddyline(m): 12:53am On Mar 31, 2015
at op, what the 25% represent is that the person with the highest number of votes must get atleast 25% of the casted votes in at least 24 states otherwise there would be a rerun of the elections. so far, both candidates are likely to meet this requirement should any of them get the highest number of votes.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by Greg2015(m): 1:00am On Mar 31, 2015
Highest number of vote.........
eddyline:
at op, what the 25% represent is that the person with the highest number of votes must get atleast 25% of the casted votes in at least 24 states otherwise there would be a rerun of the elections. so far, both candidates are likely to meet this requirement should any of them get the highest number of votes.
Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by adidison(m): 1:01am On Mar 31, 2015
Exactly and from where it stands, Buhari leads with about 2 million votes and will def win some more states like Bauchi, sokoto, kebbi, Zamfara and hopefully Lagos too. So he'll probably win 20 or 21 states plus he already has 25% in Nasarawa, FCT, Ekiti and Plateaue. So your PDP/ all PDP peeps are just looking for false hope.

I am not APC I am not PDP ... I am a Nigerian hoping for change and for a better 2moro. God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by adebisiolumide5(m): 1:07am On Mar 31, 2015
adidison:
Exactly and from where it stands, Buhari leads with about 2 million votes and will def win some more states like Bauchi, sokoto, kebbi, Zamfara and hopefully Lagos too. So he'll probably win 20 or 21 states plus he already has 25% in Nasarawa, FCT, Ekiti and Plateaue. So your PDP/ all PDP peeps are just looking for false hope.

I am not APC I am not PDP ... I am a Nigerian hoping for change and for a better 2moro. God bless Nigeria!

You were making sense till you derailed!

3 Likes

Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by Change2015(m): 1:18am On Mar 31, 2015
This is the law.

The presidential candidate with the most votes as well as gains at least 25% of the votes in two-thirds (24 states) of Nigeria’s 36 states, is declared the winner by INEC.

Buhari will have the majority of the votes and will also have a minimum of 25% in at least 24 states. My prediction is that Buhari will win with over 2.5mill votes. You don't need to worry.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by Rexnegro(m): 1:33am On Mar 31, 2015
eddyline:
Ok tanx for d enlightenment , but if I may understand u very well u mean a candidate with simple majority can't even win election if he don't have 25% in states not up to 24 state ? Cos before now I have always believed its just simple majority carries the day o
Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by Rexnegro(m): 1:34am On Mar 31, 2015
adidison:

Bro take am easy na , cos I don't no where I wrote that am APC or PDP or where I said am not a nigerian o..na make u educate me I beg u for na...anyway bro tanx for ur comment

1 Like

Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by Raxxye(m): 1:38am On Mar 31, 2015
Rexnegro:

Ok tanx for d enlightenment , but if I may understand u very well u mean a candidate with simple majority can't even win election if he don't have 25% in states not up to 24 state ?
Gbam!
Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by eddyline(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2015
Rexnegro:

Ok tanx for d enlightenment , but if I may understand u very well u mean a candidate with simple majority can't even win election if he don't have 25% in states not up to 24 state ? Cos before now I have always believed its just simple majority carries the day o

yes sire. that is the case.

1 Like

Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by lomprico(m): 8:10am On Mar 31, 2015
adebisiolumide5:

You were making sense till you derailed!
Must he support a political party?

1 Like

Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by lagbaja(m): 8:20am On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari scored more than 25% in 27 states.
Re: How True Is This ? Please Come In And Educate Me.. by Rexnegro(m): 12:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
Greg2015:
Don't worry they will go to Ghana or Togo to borrow people to join the votes they having already.
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Benue Decides: Live Updates, Results And More (IDOMA VOICE) / Jonathan Government 6yr Was Better Than Obasanjo 10yrs / 'APC Will Win Entire South-east In 2019’, Says Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.