Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme (1148 Views)

The Handshake Between Buhari And Joanna Maduka / Word For My Igbo Brothers - By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme About The 2015 Election / Word For My Igbo Brothers………..by Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme by lovinboi(m): 8:17am On Mar 31, 2015
You voted against GMB for 2 reasons “Hatred for northerners over the civil war that ended 45 years ago” and “fears of Islamisation due to ignorance or outright refusal to see the impossibility of such”.

Well it takes just Kano and Katsina (2 Northern states) to cancel out all the votes in the Southeast. GMB is coasting home to victory in the Southwest and the North.
He would definitely win on the votes of other zones comfortably without the southeast.

The moral of this treatise is that I want to thank my Igbo brothers for teaching me that a man who is ruled by “hatred” and “fear” will
never move forward. He will only embark on self defeating schemes even when only defeat stares him the face.

Anyway, now GMB is set to clinch the presidential seat. What do you do with the delusions of "Islamisation" and the civil war hatred!

As for me, the civil war ended 45 years ago. Am neither ruled by hate or fear.

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/word-for-my-igbo-brothers-by-maduka-fidorocks-onwukeme/#ixzz3VwFLphZp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme by sentix(m): 8:22am On Mar 31, 2015
Infact I was shocked when I saw that mostly Igbos were playing the ethnic card irrespective of the fact that this government hasn't done anything major to affect their life and business.

One of my learned friends told me this on sunday evening and i was just confused. Its beyond imagination that there is not other reason to vote for jonathan other than he is from the South South.

That's just low!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:08am On Mar 31, 2015
Go through my earliest posts( those that weren't deleted when PDP hackers invaded NL) and see what I said back then: I've been posted in various countries all over the world, including in Africa, and I can categorically say Ibos are the most tribal people I have ever come across. They hate just for the fun of it. When you think their dislike is just for Yorubas,Northerners and Muslims they throw another group else in the mix for whatever reason. I think their paranoia dates back to way before the civil war and that period is just an excuse to justify a clear cultural issue. The only concern is that they don't see it as a problem. And that is the real problem.

5 Likes

Re: Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme by captain247: 9:15am On Mar 31, 2015
sentix:
Infact I was shocked when I saw that mostly Igbos were playing the ethnic card irrespective of the fact that this government hasn't done anything major to affect their life and business.

One of my learned friends told me this on sunday evening and i was just confused. Its beyond imagination that there is not other reason to vote for jonathan other than he is from the South South.

That's just low!!!!

If after all GEJ did for the northerners yet they still hated him cos he is not one of them while accusing the Igbo's of voting him because GEJ is their person and that GEJ did nothing for them. What did GMB did when he was in power that is important to the southerners? Nothing meaningful.
Therefore stop accusing the Igbo's of bigotry where as others u support are not exempted.
Re: Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme by Caleboha(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2015
Intelligent write up. Poor judgement as usual by igbo people. Till they can forgive and love their 'enemies' as Christ taught us, they will not see the light of Nigerian politics.
Re: Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme by truefact: 10:21am On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari victory will only mean Hausa-Fulani are the owner of Nigeria and Yoruba are the willing tools while the rest are spoils of war.

Hence I can only see the sun truly rising at all cost

1 Like

Re: Word For My Igbo Brothers, By Maduka Fidorocks Onwukeme by IGBOSON2: 10:28am On Mar 31, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Go through my earliest posts( those that weren't deleted when PDP hackers invaded NL) and see what I said back then: I've been posted in various countries all over the world, including in Africa, and I can categorically say Ibos are the most tribal people I have ever come across. They hate just for the fun of it. When you think their dislike is just for Yorubas,Northerners and Muslims they throw another group else in the mix for whatever reason. I think their paranoia dates back to way before the civil war and that period is just an excuse to justify a clear cultural issue. The only concern is that they don't see it as a problem. And that is the real problem.

^^^Other ethnicities that voted for APC/Buhar! are not going 'tribal', while Igbos that stuck with their Ijaw neighbours (for whatever reason) are!?

You accuse Ndigbo of unbridled hate; trust me, you really don't want me to take you up on this accusation....or why we stuck with GEJ instead of your 'saintly' Fulani coupist!

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations!!! General Mohammadu Buhari... / Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Tweet #nigeriadecides (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.