Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (37884 Views)

Poll: Do they REALLY hate us?

Yes: 61% (83 votes)
No: 38% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by maxell(f): 5:27am On Jun 26, 2008
naija_diva:

if we are the problem, how come when something goes down in other african countries they call us to solve the problem?

Abi o ! Now, Nigeria is sending 800 peacekeepers to Somalia. They are always relying on us to solve their problems.

http://africa.reuters.com/country/NG/news/usnL2520378.html
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by realcool: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2008
the resson why its because we are the real African.like the American of Africa.LOL
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by agentemmy: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2008
I will tell you why some brothers hate themselves in your country (Naija).

Firstly, outside the country Igbo people from Nigeria spoil Naija name. Igbo people would travel to go and do 419, robbery, sometimes they will travel in the name of business and they will ask manufacturer to produce less quality products (FAKE) for them and sell it for the fellow Nigerians. This kind of act is unhuman and that is not business wise but fool. Not knowing dat the people you bought it from would regards you as criminals.

Secondly, Hausa people the spoil Nigeria internally (in Nigeria) they spoil things, they are not neat, and they very lazy. They are the one you see doing bureau de change, selling of antigues and so on. They dont improve things at all. They are not suppose to rule a country. Since when Babangida (HAUSA) become president that is where Nigeria started having problems both in Nigeria and International.

Thirdly, Yoruba people are too cool, too tollearte non-sense, too generous, they dont like to cause war on conflict. Thus the other tribes seem cheating them. But in term of education and the people that has been representing Nigeria since 19s they are number one.

If you like accept this or leave it. But if Nigeria should seperate today. out of the three main tribes one would quickly redeem a good image. And if yes, which one could that be? on your heart is the answer dont ignore it.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ifyalways(f): 2:58am On Jul 01, 2008
which countries wey life don tire hate us pulshi?
agentemmy:

Firstly, outside the country Igbo people from Nigeria spoil Naija name. Igbo people would travel to go and do 419, robbery, sometimes they will travel in the name of business and they will ask manufacturer to produce less quality products (FAKE) for them and sell it for the fellow Nigerians. This kind of act is unhuman and that is not business wise but fool. Not knowing that the people you bought it from would regards you as criminals.

Secondly, Hausa people the spoil Nigeria internally (in Nigeria) they spoil things, they are not neat, and they very lazy. They are the one you see doing bureau de change, selling of antigues and so on. They don't improve things at all. They are not suppose to rule a country. Since when Babangida (HAUSA) become president that is where Nigeria started having problems both in Nigeria and International.

Thirdly, Yoruba people are too cool, too tollearte non-sense, too generous, they don't like to cause war on conflict. Thus the other tribes seem cheating them. But in term of education and the people that has been representing Nigeria since 19s they are number one.

If you like accept this or leave it. But if Nigeria should seperate today. out of the three main tribes one would quickly redeem a good image. And if yes, which one could that be? on your heart is the answer don't ignore it.
you sound like the eighties preacher cheesy
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by jaquan(m): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2008
@agentemmy

i am damn sure u called yourself a fool after reading what u wrote.
so i would spare you, but you might want to go to yaba left and get treated for delusional syndrome.
one luv.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by naijadiva2(f): 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2008
agentemmy:

Firstly, outside the country Igbo people from Nigeria spoil Naija name. Igbo people would travel to go and do 419, robbery, sometimes they will travel in the name of business and they will ask manufacturer to produce less quality products (FAKE) for them and sell it for the fellow Nigerians. This kind of act is unhuman and that is not business wise but fool. Not knowing that the people you bought it from would regards you as criminals.

Secondly, Hausa people the spoil Nigeria internally (in Nigeria) they spoil things, they are not neat, and they very lazy. They are the one you see doing bureau de change, selling of antigues and so on. They don't improve things at all. They are not suppose to rule a country. Since when Babangida (HAUSA) become president that is where Nigeria started having problems both in Nigeria and International.

Thirdly, Yoruba people are too cool, too tollearte non-sense, too generous, they don't like to cause war on conflict. Thus the other tribes seem cheating them. But in term of education and the people that has been representing Nigeria since 19s they are number one.

If you like accept this or leave it. But if Nigeria should seperate today. out of the three main tribes one would quickly redeem a good image. And if yes, which one could that be? on your heart is the answer don't ignore it.

you're whole post was totally bias. so igbos and hausa are the problems but the yoruba are the "good guys". i don't know too much about hausa but you are dumb for saying igbos started 419. how do you know? do u work for the FBI? don't think so, so stop spreading false information.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by oell(m): 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2008
They just don't understand us, They are confused we are so BLESSED yet not yet fully manifested lipsrsealed
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2008
oell:

They just don't understand us, They are confused we are so BLESSED yet not yet fully manifested lipsrsealed

Blessed with what?If I may ask undecided
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by thando(f): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2008
its so amazing how so many ppl live in such small space.overcrowding 2gether with a whole lotta other problems.no wonder ull always so eager to get out.problem is EVERYBODY in naija wants to travel for abroad whether skilled or unskilled.in their 1000s when these unskilled reach for foreign land and realise that the rumour is actually true the grass is not very green on the other side.they then turn to all sorts of criminal activities which is seemingly like second nature to u ppl.dey naija sha
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Gamine(f): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2008
Sharrap dia jo

What do you know
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by morpheus24: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2008
thando:

its so amazing how so many people live in such small space.overcrowding 2gether with a whole lotta other problems.no wonder ull always so eager to get out.problem is EVERYBODY in naija wants to travel for abroad whether skilled or unskilled.in their 1000s when these unskilled reach for foreign land and realise that the rumour is actually true the grass is not very green on the other side.they then turn to all sorts of criminal activities which is seemingly like second nature to u people.dey naija sha

Thando.

You dey craze! Naijas are like Nuclear power plants. One step to the right and we can illuminate the world with light and Power but one step to the left and collectively we can be a destructive force,

That my friend is power you don't have yet.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by thando(f): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2008
lol.damn morphy wut ull know bout iluminating anything.i suppose u ve been takin way 2 many steps in the wrong direction
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by shescute4(f): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2008
i support the fact that nigerians are proud and intelligent individuals, so maybe thats why they are hated especially when they do the over- do the proud part of themselves.

@ mamaput
ghanian men are not seen as thieves but rather as better teachers (educationally) and whereever did u get the idea that ghanian women are ashys?
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by MrCrackles(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2008
If west africans hate Nigeria and Nigerians, they can all fuc.k off to planet mars!
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by morpheus24: 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2008
thando:

lol.damn morphy what ull know bout iluminating anything.i suppose u ve been takin way 2 many steps in the wrong direction

It still still does not diminish the potential Positive/negative power.

140 million against 40 million - 5million (White)- 10 million (colored/indian) is no match.

Which is why you are afraid.

FEAR breeds ANGER which breeds HATRED.

Simple as that.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nwaka77: 4:01am On Aug 15, 2008
All these Non-Naija Africans running their big mouth. So why then are you on these website or did you people miss road? Jealous imbeciles! angry

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by thando(f): 6:24am On Aug 15, 2008
140 mil against 45 mil. alright alright i get it morph comparing a 15 yr old to a 50 yr old is definately not fair.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by morpheus24: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2008
Nwaka77:

All these Non-Naija Africans running their big mouth. So why then are you on these website or did you people miss road? Jealous imbeciles! angry

There's not enough of them who know how to use the internet yet so the ones who do, have no where else exciting to go.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by morpheus24: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2008
thando:

140 mil against 45 mil. alright alright i get it morph comparing a 15 yr old to a 50 yr old is definately not fair.

Tis not age we are talking about, its the share size and cumulative effect of brilliant minds.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by thando(f): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2008
trust. i know the accumulative effect of brilliant minds i see it unfold right b4 my very eyes almost all the time.by the way i dont hate u and im not angry wit u i havnt had coz to.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by RSA(m): 8:55am On Aug 19, 2008
morpheus24:

There's not enough of them who know how to use the internet yet so the ones who do, have no where else exciting to go.

I guess it's that part where you say Nigerians are the most educated people? grin please brotha stop fooling yourself,reason we are here is we don't like listening to our self,its dangerous.just listen to you and your some of your countrymen.You people hate yourself.You need prayers.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
I don't know anything about West-Africans hating Nigerians, am East-African and I can tell you for sure that I do not hate Nigerians, in fact, I have a soft spot for them. But, I have a friend who studied in Russia and when she came back to Kenya I asked her whether she met any Naija man in Russia, all she could say was, "Nigerian men are players. women are sex objects to them". She would repeatedly say that, even though she dated a Zambian and a Tanzanian. So, in my opinion, she did not like Nigerians and jealousy has nothing to do with it. she just hates womanizers, and in her opinion, a Naija man lusts after everything in a skirt and will do anything to take a woman to bed.

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by OBVIOUS(m): 4:50am On Oct 06, 2008
@ good girl : any heterosexual man will do anything to take a woman to bed.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Ifygurl: 6:43am On Nov 05, 2008
They can hate us for all i care.

Why is everytime we do something(whether good or bad); they follow and repeat it.
Why is everytime they are in trobule; they sure as hell will ask for our help even though they hate us.
And seriously, my mother got robbed in Nigeria by a freaking Sierra Leone that came to Naija as a refugee;  Do you see me or my parents hating sierra leones because of that stupid idiot.

Abeg, they should focus on their country and leave us alone.  In almost any Naija video i go to in youtube or somewhere else; i always see some idiotic African saying some shit just to piss Nigerians off.

I could careless if they hate us,  abi, Do they help us?  Are they feeding us, so why should i care.
Shit the next time any Nigerian celebrity tries to give them money for support/charity (They should remember they hate us and not take it)
The next time, one of their asses is at war (They should remember they hate us and not allow our military to help them).

And next time someone said an African help create Internet (They should immediately say, no not an African but a Nigerian).  Just like they do when someone is talking about drug dealing, 419, etc.
Hell the next time, someone said Africans are the number one immigrants in America, Europe and Canada(Other Africans should remember they hate us and tell them No, Nigerians are leading, not Africa).
Shit, they need to stop calling Nollywod, African movies( cause it sure as hell ain't; none of them Africans helped make it internationally).

They got offended when Nigerians claimed Tuface song (African Queen) was singing about Nigerian girls, not African (They quickly tried to get at least a tiny claim to that song) Jeez, if they hate us, they should stay away from everything our ass did (So this way, will focus on ourselves).
And they really need to stop coming to Nigeria as Refugee (They should take their asses to South African and get killed in Xenophobia).  Since they hate us, so fucking much.

And as SA claiming that Nigerians are the ones bringing drugs to their country(please, wonder why those drug dealers are leaving Nigeria?  Is it our fault ya'll are addicted to that shit?  Did they force ya'll to take them drugs). And not only that i live in USA,  i've seen ALOT of SA in this country that are Drug-dealers (Don't even act like ya'll are some kind of saint).  I remember one SA told me that the reason SA is the African country with the highest crime is because of Nigerians and other African immigrants(I couldn't stop laughing when he said that)

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by gentle(m): 12:25am On May 18, 2009
If dem lyk make dem hate, if dem lyk in terms of bad deeds let it be naija dem rate,but as long as na naija i dey see food for my plate,go tell those haters that i don't give a shit. Still on naija something!!
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by meetyommy: 4:19pm On May 19, 2009
its not jealousy, i think the problem is with us Nigerians, when we get to a place we do everything to make money, we are just too desperate for nothing,
Even back home, you find people in a hurry for nothing, i really pity myself being a Nigerian.

Change for the better is the answer to all our problems, not even rebranding!
True rebranding starts from the heart,
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 5:20pm On May 21, 2009
^^^^

u are talkin from ur anus seriously man shocked
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by meetyommy: 8:27pm On May 22, 2009
Hopeless idiot, your father yansh
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Kenyanstar: 2:28pm On May 23, 2009
To be frank with you and other Nigerians i think your social fabric is weaker to be fair. Aven't yu heard the phrase you are the sole architecture of your past, present and future. Some, not all of you mostly make out to be arrogant as ignorant as they come. Its better if all this negativity was directed to the ills in your social,political and economic decaying rulers. Nigerians have this stale sense of aura that seems to be working negativley on their nationalism. I think you now get what i mean.
Sorry for words that seem insulting.
With the best intentions
Feel free NOT to answer this
Thanking you in advance
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ikeyman00(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2009
meetyommy
hopeful idot and my dad yansh

kenyanst

kenya? shocked
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Kenyanstar: 11:34am On May 25, 2009
[center]ALL NIGERIAN SHOUL READ THIS![/center]

OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS, NIGERIANS seem to have developed an almost pathological ability to lie to themselves. Today, everywhere you turn, somebody is buck-passing. Nobody wants to take responsibility any more. Psychologists probably explain it best as a desperate mechanism to cope with the harsh realities of life, but this doesn’t make it less bizarre and surreal. Doubt me? Consider these 10 common lies.

One, that the government has to help us with our personal problems. How many times have you seen on TV a Hawkers whose stalls has been demolished, or somebody who, somehow, has sired 16 children saying, “I am begging for goverment intervention…”?

Fact is, there is no animal known as government that has bottomless pockets to solve people’s individual problems. Government is there to formulate policy and construct basic infrastructure with tax money. Anyone who wants to benefit from your tax money is a parasite.

THE SECOND LIE IS THAT Nigeria IS a rich country whose wealth is looted by its leaders. Ha ha ha! Nigeria is actually extremely poor. With nearly 130 million people, according to the CIA’s factbook, the country has a Gross National Product of just $131 billion. Contrast that to Singapore, with a population of about 4.7 million and a GDP of $155 billion. Nigerians should be thinking of baking a bigger cake, not how to share crumbs!

The third lie? That Nigerians are decent, hardworking people, but their leaders are bad. Go tell it to the birds. People get the leaders they deserve. And on that hard-working bit, it is only true for a very small part of the population, mostly women.

If you go to the rural areas, you will find most shopping centres clogged with .drunk men as early as 9 am. Without women, this country would be as poor as Sierra Leone! Lie number four is that a new Constitution will solve all your problems. Fat chance. We have laws against murder and arson, but did that stop the atrocities of early 2008 and the mayhem wreaked by Emancipation of the Niger Delta Militia?

Fact is, a Constitution is as good as its implementation, otherwise it is just a piece of paper with ink stains. Countries like Britain don’t even have a written one. You need to rediscover your moral direction more than you need a Constitution. Lie number five is that foreigners, especially diplomats like US Ambassadors love us very much.

Let’s be blunt here. Diplomats are sent there by their governments to represent their own interests. They don’t love Nigeria any more than they love Bhutan or Haiti. This to them is just a work-station. Nobody loves Nigeria as Kenyans do, or should. This is your home, and only you can change it for the better. Start working on it.

The sixth lie is that Nigerians are a Godly, peace-loving people. OK, maybe we go to churches and mosques, but that doesn’t make you more God-fearing than the Russians or the Chinese. Which God-loving people wake up one day and start hacking each other with machetes?

The seventh lie? That to jumpstart Nigeria you need free education, free healthcare…. Let’s all get this clear: There’s nothing like a free lunch. When you are a poor country with no infrastructure and you spend the little you have on NGO-driven freebies, you’ll remain just that — poor. Free things should only be for disadvantaged and vulnerable groups, such as the old and disabled.

Lie number eight — that it is poverty that leads to crime and acts of stupidity — has become popular of late. People burn while looting a fuel truck, or steal from the corpses of road accident victims and all you hear is the “poverty” excuse.

NOW, IF POVERTY WAS THE ROOT OF all evil, how come there are some really good people like national football players from places like Lagos slums? Lie number nine? That a Nigerian ‘Obama’ will swoop down to save this country and lead us to everlasting prosperity.

The messianic narrative may make you sleep better, but it won’t happen. Look at China, the greatest economic miracle on earth. It has taken the sacrifice of an entire generation to pull millions out of poverty. One ‘Obama’ cannot do the job alone. Lie number ten. That your ethnic community is more hardworking, more honest than the others. If that were so, how come you — as a person and as a community — are still as poor as you are?
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Sammy107d(m): 6:07pm On May 25, 2009
Kenyanstar:

[center]ALL NIGERIAN SHOUL READ THIS![/center]

OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS, NIGERIANS seem to have developed an almost pathological ability to lie to themselves. Today, everywhere you turn, somebody is buck-passing. Nobody wants to take responsibility any more. Psychologists probably explain it best as a desperate mechanism to cope with the harsh realities of life, but this doesn’t make it less bizarre and surreal. Doubt me? Consider these 10 common lies.

One, that the government has to help us with our personal problems. How many times have you seen on TV a Hawkers whose stalls has been demolished, or somebody who, somehow, has sired 16 children saying, “I am begging for goverment intervention…”?

Fact is, there is no animal known as government that has bottomless pockets to solve people’s individual problems. Government is there to formulate policy and construct basic infrastructure with tax money. Anyone who wants to benefit from your tax money is a parasite.

THE SECOND LIE IS THAT Nigeria IS a rich country whose wealth is looted by its leaders. Ha ha ha! Nigeria is actually extremely poor. With nearly 130 million people, according to the CIA’s factbook, the country has a Gross National Product of just $131 billion. Contrast that to Singapore, with a population of about 4.7 million and a GDP of $155 billion. Nigerians should be thinking of baking a bigger cake, not how to share crumbs!

The third lie? That Nigerians are decent, hardworking people, but their leaders are bad. Go tell it to the birds. People get the leaders they deserve. And on that hard-working bit, it is only true for a very small part of the population, mostly women.

If you go to the rural areas, you will find most shopping centres clogged with .drunk men as early as 9 am. Without women, this country would be as poor as Sierra Leone! Lie number four is that a new Constitution will solve all your problems. Fat chance. We have laws against murder and arson, but did that stop the atrocities of early 2008 and the mayhem wreaked by Emancipation of the Niger Delta Militia?

Fact is, a Constitution is as good as its implementation, otherwise it is just a piece of paper with ink stains. Countries like Britain don’t even have a written one. You need to rediscover your moral direction more than you need a Constitution. Lie number five is that foreigners, especially diplomats like US Ambassadors love us very much.

Let’s be blunt here. Diplomats are sent there by their governments to represent their own interests. They don’t love Nigeria any more than they love Bhutan or Haiti. This to them is just a work-station. Nobody loves Nigeria as Kenyans do, or should. This is your home, and only you can change it for the better. Start working on it.

The sixth lie is that Nigerians are a Godly, peace-loving people. OK, maybe we go to churches and mosques, but that doesn’t make you more God-fearing than the Russians or the Chinese. Which God-loving people wake up one day and start soiling each other with machetes?

The seventh lie? That to jumpstart Nigeria you need free education, free healthcare…. Let’s all get this clear: There’s nothing like a free lunch. When you are a poor country with no infrastructure and you spend the little you have on NGO-driven freebies, you’ll remain just that — poor. Free things should only be for disadvantaged and vulnerable groups, such as the old and disabled.

Lie number eight — that it is poverty that leads to crime and acts of stupidity — has become popular of late. People burn while looting a fuel truck, or steal from the corpses of road accident victims and all you hear is the “poverty” excuse.

NOW, IF POVERTY WAS THE ROOT OF all evil, how come there are some really good people like national football players from places like Lagos slums? Lie number nine? That a Nigerian ‘Obama’ will swoop down to save this country and lead us to everlasting prosperity.

The messianic narrative may make you sleep better, but it won’t happen. Look at China, the greatest economic miracle on earth. It has taken the sacrifice of an entire generation to pull millions out of poverty. One ‘Obama’ cannot do the job alone. Lie number ten. That your ethnic community is more hardworking, more honest than the others. If that were so, how come you — as a person and as a community — are still as poor as you are?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

This joke of a piece makes you feel good inside hun? 10 more lies that'll give you a better night rest. Look in the mirror, you'd wish you were Nigerian. . . so much hate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Myth About Nigerians Washing Dead Bodies In The US / Passengers Die In Accident On Warri-Ughelli Expressway In Delta. Graphic Pics / Army Vehicle Trapped In Flood At Ariaria Market, Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.