Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (37847 Views)

Poll: Do they REALLY hate us?

Yes: 61% (83 votes)
No: 38% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GNature(m): 1:39am On Sep 11, 2006
Germanlady

I grew up in Nigeria and I went to school with igbos, so I know what I am talking about. My
statement is not premised on third party hear say as in your case.

Just because you hear people say things about other tribes in Nigeria does not mean they
hate the tribe. Yoruba people talk a lot; even amongst their own ethnic group.

An abeokuta man can say things about an oyo or ijebu man, such that, you would think he
doesn't like them, but abeokuta, oyo and ijebu are all yorubas.

If you think you know all there is to know about this based on what you hear people say in
Germany, then go ahead and preach the word okay.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GermanLady(f): 1:44am On Sep 11, 2006
GNature:

Germanlady

I grew up in Nigeria and I went to school with igbos, so I know what I am talking about. My
statement is not premised on third party hear say as in your case.

Just because you hear people say things about other tribes in Nigeria does not mean they
hate the tribe. Yoruba people talk a lot; even amongst their own ethnic group.

An abeokuta man can say things about an oyo or ijebu man, such that, you would think he
doesn't like them, but abeokuta, oyo and ijebu are all yorubas.

If you think you know all there is to know about this based on what you hear people say in
Germany, then go ahead and preach the word okay.

AMEN !!! grin grin grin
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by MOM1(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2006
Germanlady,u missed it.We Nigerians d**s ourselves publicly but when we r together again we stay appy.Dont b shocked after u saw a big btw 2 nigerians n in d end they both share a bottle of drink.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by mamaput(f): 9:35am On Sep 11, 2006
Ya ya and i am the king of china.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by MOM1(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2006
Germanlady,u missed it.We Nigerians d**s ourselves publicly but when we r together again we stay appy.Dont b shocked after u saw a big btw 2 nigerians n in d end they both share a bottle of drink.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 12, 2006
even here in America people from the North think those from the South are dumbos and they make fun of the southern accent and the southerners think those in the North are hostile, unfriendly,stuck up,less family oriented,more worldly etc.

It is everywhere.
I bet if you found yourself in the middle of no where,any black man even from the jungles of papua new guinea will become your buddy buddy.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by candylips(m): 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2006
GermanLady.

It is not hatred its more of a rivalry thing. The same thing obtains in europe , The french dont neccessarily like the english and i think the germans are the most hated anywhere in europe (due to world war two).
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Free(f): 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2006
aha

the reason why most west african countries may hate
Naija is becuase of "Ur We all better than U attititude" that U guys have
and 419
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by londoner: 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2006
Oh please, we are defitely confident, people may misineterpret it as arrogance, but you know what we dont give enough headspace to others to think we are better, we are inward looking.

My friends, its others who always like to compare themselves to us all the time, especially Ghanaians. Its because they can be very insecure people, even with eachother, they front so much.

I'm telling you, be around a group for half an hour, the conversation will go from the weather outside, to Nigerians, lol, not all of them mind, some are just great. I used to go to a Ghanaian salon, they would diss us, then watch our videos all afternoon, I just laughed, its jealousy, visit Ghana forums you will see it.

Part of our bad reputation was created by us, even if others front, believe me, I work in the legal field Ghanaians are just as criminal as Nigerians, they just pretend butter wouldn't melt.

For the record we have a bad reputation absolutley everywhere, my sister came back fromj Thailand we have the same bad rep, so really its up to us to remedy it.

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 2:34am On Sep 25, 2006
M.O.M:

Germanlady,u missed it.We Nigerians d**s ourselves publicly but when we r together again we stay appy.Dont b shocked after u saw a big between 2 nigerians n in d end they both share a bottle of drink.

you wish, r you talking about the same people that killed themselves a couple of months ago, i'm not starting a beef, peace  cool
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 2:38am On Sep 25, 2006
butta west afis don't generalyy hate naija, some do but not generally, in fact my dad was dissing naija saying it's a cross he must carry and his ghanian friend was telling him to stop talking like that peace cool
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by aloib(f): 7:04am On Sep 25, 2006
i know ghanians dont like us, not all though but majority
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GNature(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2006
@aloib

exactly. I have been saying this all along.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2006
u know during the world cup 2002, a couple of naija men were celebrating in some stadium wearing bras, the next day in school this ghana gay starts making fun of me and saying nigerian men wear bras, that was pretty mean but quite funny though, ghanafag,, good times, good times peace  cool
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by aloib(f): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2006
its just like how chinese dont like filipinos, just cos they speak better english than chinese, watever it is sha, nigeria still remains number one, men i so love my country cheesy
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by candylips(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2006
ibadan girls are dangerous at night
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by mukina2: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2006
@author ever been to sierra leone?

sierra leoneans love nigerians.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GNature(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2006
@mukina2

ditto ! Sierra Leoneans do love nigerians
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 25, 2006
mukina2:

@author ever been to sierra leone?

sierra leoneans love nigerians.

Have they stopped killing themselves yet?
I mean Sierra leoneans?
They slaughter themselves how can they love others.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GNature(m): 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2006
babyosisi:

Have they stopped killing themselves yet?
I mean Sierra leoneans?
They slaughter themselves how can they love others.

@babyosisi

Please don't say that - it's too insensitive. That lunatic - Foday Sankoh was the mastermind behind
the whole killing.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by mukina2: 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2006
Babyosis thatz my country you're talking about here.
we had a very painful civil war , most of the killers where young boys from ages 7 to 15 who were drugged,
its a very painful topic for me so i'll apprecaite it if you'll just drop it,

sierra leoneans do love nigerians, go to freetown today you wont be able to distingush nigerians from sierra leonean,
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GNature(m): 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2006
@mukina2

I live here in the U.S. and believe me, Sierra Leoneans more than love Nigerians. Infact,
I know two Nigerian guys that are married to SL ladies and they very happily married.

Long Live Nigeria !!
Long Live Sierra Leone !!
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2006
I apologise mukina2,I did not mean it that way.
War is painful.The Igbos(My tribe) went through same thing prior to my conception.
Forgive me my muslim friend(enemy sometimes) smiley smiley
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 4:58am On Sep 26, 2006
i love that ghana forum, naijas dissing ghanians and vice versa i got this insulting but funny pic from there

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by MOM1(m): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2006
@ dblock
Your profile says you 're in Australia,millions of miles from home,so you dont seem to know what the whole thing is all like down here.Never believe all what you read as news on the internet about naija.That's the mistake most people make,they know nothing about naija but believe everything they see/read on dailys or magazine, grin
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2006
no fair cry cry cry cry cry
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 12:20am On Sep 27, 2006
M.O.M:

@ dblock
Your profile says you 're in Australia,millions of miles from home,so you don't seem to know what the whole thing is all like down here.Never believe all what you read as news on the internet about naija.That's the mistake most people make,they know nothing about naija but believe everything they see/read on dailys or magazine, grin

But I think the topic states West African Countries Hate Nigerians, and i believe that situation is more clear abroad than in Nigeria, when i was in nigeria, i didn't experience any dissings or see any dissings by west africans, except for what i was told, M.O.M, the case is worse abroad
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 12:23am On Sep 27, 2006
[size=24pt]you can call me stupid, or anything i don't care but nobody says i know nothing about naija[/size]  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by candylips(m): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2006
dude stop bolding your posts. its very distracting
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2006
awwwwww c'mon its cool i like it, ok fine i'll stop it aww men

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bridge Collapses In Niger State Due To Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Terrible Accident In Nasarawa, Many Dead, Others Injured (Graphic Pics) / Accident Involving A Dangote Cement Truck And A Car (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.