Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Buhari's Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Agenda (572 Views)

US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours / Buhari Agenda On National Grazing Reserve Bill. SS, NC, SE Should Wake Up / Obama Okays Buhari’s Agenda For Defeating Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Agenda by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
First off, I congratulate Buhari on winning the election at the fourth time of asking. He is a shining example of perseverance, and I dare say he is also the Abraham Lincoln of Nigeria. When the celebrations die down, he and his team will have the unenviable task of healing a fractured nation.

I would also implore him to take action, within the limits of his executive powers, to bring down the cost of government. In that regard, he should see to the FULL implementation of the Oronsanye report on the reorganization of the federal bureaucracy.

Concerning the military, his government should ensure that the military's weaponry is befitting of a potentially great country like Nigeria. His government should put in place policies that would limit acquisition of military hardware abroad. Local manufacturers should be encouraged to produce the bulk (i.e. at least 95%) of the weaponry. The fight against Boko Haram would be won quicker with more modern military equipment and an effective intelligence operation.Thus, a re-organisation of the Nigerian intelligence community will be necessary.

The Jonathan administration's efforts in setting up a national airline should be sustained. The new proposed private sector-driven airline would invariable create 1000s, if not 100,000s of jobs for Nigerians.

To achieve the objectives of his incoming administration, he could organize his cabinet as follows:

Amaechi - SSG
Fashola - Attorney-general
Ngige - Minister of health
Fayemi - Minister of Defence
Sam Nda Isaiah - Minister of Information
Abike Dabiri - Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Re: Buhari's Agenda by Jelo4kul(m): 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
K
Re: Buhari's Agenda by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2015
Of course, the task could be made easier if the APC form the majority in both houses of the NASS.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Want Apc To Do As A New Govt??? / Jonathan, My Hero / Now That Change Has Come! When Are We To Start Expecting N5K???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.