Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! (5831 Views)

Uniform: Buhari May Back Customs Boss Against Senate / Buhari May Extend 10-day Trip — Sahara Reporters / Buhari May Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Politicians – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Kevinoh: 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2015
I hate to say this but lets not get too excited about Buhari's victory forgetting he still has a pending court case in april concerning his alleged waec certificate forgery.

Don't get me wrong people,I want a better Nigeria for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Raiders: 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
Kevinoh:

I hate to say this but lets not get too excited about Buhari's victory forgetting he still has a pending court case in april concerning his alleged waec certificate forgery.

if he gets disqualified the kano state governor will replace him because he came 2nd while Osinbanjo will remain the VP. The election was won by APC not pdp

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
Kevinoh:

Lets also see how the legal fireworks will be performed by our legal experts and let us derive positive national value that will enrich our collective development.
That's my prayer.
There is no need to be emotional a out it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2015
Raiders:
if he gets disqualified the kano state governor will replace him because he came 2nd while Osinbanjo will remain the VP. The election was won by APC not pdp
I do not think so.
I think according to our laws the party will be disqualified and the party next to APC will be declared the valid winner.
That's what i think is in our law books.
I want a legal person or anybody who is knowledgeable about the subject matter to throw more light on this.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
Let us by the legal process add value to our democracy
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
As it stands there is no way back for GEJ. GEJ is history his time has past and GEJ is bowing out graciously like a Statesman should.

But after the election then our courts and our Judges must stand up and uphold the Nigerian constitution.

Let Kwakwanso who was the APC runner up or Osinbajo who is the VP-elect emerge as the President elect. That's fine. That's APC's prerogative.
Let it be clear that APC owns this victory and not Buhari. so the party can still retain the victory after Buhari is disqualified

But as a Nation trying to grow, it will be criminal and a sacrilege if our constitution is not upheld just because of the fear of Buhari. For God's sake an incumbent President just lost an election and no one is threatening war. Let the rule of Law be upheld.

Disqualify Buhari NOW!!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Lilknight(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
Bunch of rubbish.....#u con think say JAGABAN(tinubu) go con open his eye down make dem disqualify dem. Bro 4gt, na 9ja we dey. Things doesn't work out dat way, even d judge wey go judge d matter sef all want CHANGE. #sai Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Davidson267(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
serious

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Raiders: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
chibecanglobal:
I do not think so.
I think according to our laws the party will be disqualified and the party next to APC will be declared the valid winner.
I want a legal person or anybody who is knowledgeable about the subject matter to throw more light on this.
do you remember Ameachi vs Celestine Omehia case. If Buhari is disqualified by the courts, the kano state governor will claim APC mandate.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2015
Raiders:
smh

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Raiders: 9:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
googlepikin:
smh
it is obvious you know nothing about Nigeria election laws
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by sammyj: 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2015
The next President cannot be disqualified. Abe pack well !!!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2015
Raiders:
do you remember Ameachi vs Celestine Omehia case. If Buhari is disqualified by the courts, the kano state governor will claim APC mandate.
But i think Amaechi/Omehia case is fundamentally different from this.
Buhari ran under APC but Omehia did not get the mandate of his party ab initio. Remember it was@the primary that Amaechi was chosen but was subsequently. wrongly disenfranchised and replaced with Omehia by powers at the helms of affairs@ that time.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Raiders: 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2015
chibecanglobal:
But i think Amaechi/Omehia case is fundamentally different from this.
Buhari ran under APC but Omehia did not get the mandate of his party ab initio. Remember it was@the primary that Amaechi was chosen but was subsequently. wrongly disenfranchised and replaced with Omehia by powers at the helms of affairs@ that time.
its the almost the same situation. Omehia was disqualified by the courts and another party member Ameachi claimed the mandate. The presidential victory belongs to APC and candidates name was not on the ballot paper. If buhari is disqualified Osinbajo remains the vp just like Tele Ikuru remained ameachi Deputy when Omehia was disqualified. The Kano governor will be asked to replace buhari if he is disqualified. Elections are won by political parties not candidates in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by SELENAqueensy(f): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
Op stop saying rubbish,
atleast be happy for the good thing that is about to happen in Nigeria since the last four year.. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Kevinoh: 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
Op stop saying rubbish,
atleast be happy for the good thing that is about to happen in Nigeria since the last four year.. angry

Rubbish? No need to be overwhelmed by emotions and sentiments lady, the court case is on the 22nd of April. It is only after then we can be certain who exactly mounts the throne.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Iwant2know: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2015
chibecanglobal:
I do not think so.

Hmmmm. You are very funny and u obviously talking like a foreigner . Don't think. Otherwise Buhari is our next President. No judge or Panel has that gut to. Disqualify him. U should know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by suwailad(f): 11:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
Kevinoh:

Come out of your dream world and feel the WIND OF CHANGE.
THE TASK OF KEEPING NIGERIA ONE IS BIGGER THAN ANY WAEC OR PHD CERTIFICATE
I guess you the common man dont know that the judiciary and legislature places the unity of nigeria above trivial issues

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
Kevinoh:

Rubbish? No need to be overwhelmed by emotions and sentiments lady, the court case is on the 22nd of April. It is only after then we can be certain who exactly mounts the throne.
[b]The case presently at court is that the PDP guys claim buhari does not have a certificate,the law states that the candidate must have a leaving school certificate or its equivalent!!!!the equivalent makes that part of the constitution to be exploited and anyone in nigeria will take advantage of it,,buhari got to the high rank of the nigeria army,he can use any certificate whether from any program he did in nigeria or abroad since the constitution allows "equivalent"the constitution does not specify what the "equivalent"must be......trust me the case is dead on arrival,the case will be dismissed,mark my words,I repeat that case is dead...buhari will not be disqualified,....am not talking because am a fan of buhari but am talking according to the constitution and the facts on ground,and also someone might say nobody is above the law,but guess what??that is a lie,the experienced lawyers and judges will tell you something is above the law and that thing is called "wisdom"...[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Madeu(m): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
chibecanglobal:
I do not think so.

What Happened to Amechi and Celestine Omehia?

You are still beclouded by GMB victory.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by bright007(f): 11:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
Now that buhari has emerge as the president-elect of of the just concluded presidential election, why don't he just come out plain and show us his certificate or better still tell us the truth about its whereabouts

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by champion69(m): 12:00am On Apr 01, 2015
wakacome:
[b]The case presently at court is that the PDP guys claim buhari does not have a certificate,the law states that the candidate must have a leaving school certificate or its equivalent!!!!the equivalent makes that part of the constitution to be exploited and anyone in nigeria will take advantage of it,,buhari got to the high rank of the nigeria army,he can use any certificate whether from any program he did in nigeria or abroad since the constitution allows "equivalent"the constitution does not specify what the "equivalent"must be......trust me the case is dead on arrival,the case will be dismissed,mark my words,I repeat that case is dead...buhari will not be disqualified,....am not talking because am a fan of buhari but am talking according to the constitution and the facts on ground,and also someone might say nobody is above the law,but guess what??that is a lie,the experienced lawyers and judges will tell you something is above the law and that thing is called "wisdom"...[/b]

Get it right, no one is saying Buhari does not have certificates that is higher than leaving school certificate, why u see people requesting for his WAEC result is that Buhari specifically wrote waec as his educational certificate in his INEC form he filled, and by extension he should have produced it and attach same while submitting the INEC form which he did not, reason for the court case. And don't forget, this is a pre election case that will drag up to the supreme court, whichever party that the case do not favour will seek redress in appeal court up to the supreme court where final determination of the case will be decided.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:02am On Apr 01, 2015
Seriously, even if he's disqualified, I'm done with GEJ.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 01, 2015
champion69:

Get it right, no one is saying Buhari does not have certificates that is higher than leaving school certificate, why u see people requesting for his WAEC result is that Buhari specifically wrote waec as his educational certificate in his INEC form he filled, and by extension he should have produced it and attach same while submitting the INEC form which he did not, reason for the court case. And don't forget, this is a pre election case that will drag up to the supreme court, whichever party that the case do not favour will seek redress in appeal court up to the supreme court where final determination of the case will be decided.
Mark my words!!!!bookmark this page and even save this thread,mark my words,the court will not disqualify buhari!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:07am On Apr 01, 2015
mikeansy:
As it stands there is no way back for GEJ. GEJ is history his time has past and GEJ is bowing out graciously like a Statesman should.

But after the election then our courts and our Judges must stand up and uphold the Nigerian constitution.

Let Kwakwanso who was the APC runner up or Osinbajo who is the VP-elect emerge as the President elect. That's fine. That's APC's prerogative.
Let it be clear that APC owns this victory and not Buhari. so the party can still retain the victory after Buhari is disqualified

But as a Nation trying to grow, it will be criminal and a sacrilege if our constitution is not upheld just because of the fear of Buhari. For God's sake an incumbent President just lost an election and no one is threatening war. Let the rule of Law be upheld.

Rants of a frustrated fellow! It is well bro...

Lol naa play o! tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by nduchucks: 12:07am On Apr 01, 2015
mikeansy:

nwanne m, I congratulate GEJ for exiting the scene with grace.

No judge in Nigeria will disqualify Buhari under any condition, for the same reason that no judge disqualified OBJ or GEJ, despite blatant rigging by PDP. Just accept the man as your president and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by suwailad(f): 12:10am On Apr 01, 2015
bright007:
Now that buhari has emerge as the president-elect of of the just concluded presidential election, why don't he just come out plain and show us his certificate or better still tell us the truth about its whereabouts

[size=28pt]Come out of your dream world and feel the WIND OF CHANGE.
THE TASK OF KEEPING NIGERIA ONE IS BIGGER THAN ANY WAEC OR PHD CERTIFICATE[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 01, 2015
chibecanglobal:
I do not think so.

op you're perfectly right with your explanation here. Those quoting the Rivers scenario fail to tell if it was a different candidate that went to court or another party on a ground of not having the necessary qualification. In the first place, if the court should rule against him, that means, APC was not legal at first to contest the election. God bless Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/2229678/apology-poor-network
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by bright007(f): 12:17am On Apr 01, 2015
suwailad:

[size=28pt]Come out of your dream world and feel the WIND OF CHANGE.
THE TASK OF KEEPING NIGERIA ONE IS BIGGER THAN ANY WAEC OR PHD CERTIFICATE[/size]

if we have to neglect our constitution in order to keep Nigeria one, then Nigeria is an accident waiting to happen.

Just like Good luck said that his political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian, so also Buhari is not higher than our constitution. Hence he should bring his school cert now and uphold the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by plux4: 12:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Raiders:
it will not be applicable here because ameachi/omehia was basically one party(pdp) affair. But in dis case it involve two different parties.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by stevecantrell: 12:26am On Apr 01, 2015
Some people won't let go of the past....I understand their pain.
Re: Buhari May Still Be Disqualified!!! by chibecanglobal(m): 12:28am On Apr 01, 2015
wakacome:
It may interest you to note that the strong case against him borders on perjury and also failure to adhere to the guidelines and rules relating to INEC form 001.All that is required is for the plaintiffs to prove that he perjured and that he did not satisfy the rules.
The constitution is explicit on those ponts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Deltans, This Is Time To Reciprocate Our Kind Gesture / This What Biafra Need To Do. / Lawan: Nigeria Needs To Pray More To Overcome Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.