Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? (9434 Views)

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / What Is Your Age Gap In Your Marriage? / Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Uche2nna(m): 3:53am On Sep 05, 2006
Hey guys and of course ladies.i am just wondring what the ideal age gap between couples.I do not know the reason but when I was in Nigeria I am always in the company of ladies that are 5 years or even more than that older than me.I kind of feel that younger girls are usually silly and you can not trust them.I might be wrong but then evrybody is entitled to his or her opinion
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by segun111(m): 6:44am On Sep 05, 2006
Uche,

As far as am concern age is just a number, you can choose whomever you have relationship with based on chemisty but not age. Good luck,
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by beyunce(f): 8:21am On Sep 05, 2006
age doesn't matter.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by laneige(f): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2006
@ Beyunce

undecided 
beyunce:

age doesn't matter.

so u wouldnt mind marrying someone 30 years older dan u because age doesn't matter
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by clocky(m): 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2006
there is nothin like ideal age gap but a minimum of 2 yrs will do for me
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by iice(f): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2006
There isnt like a specific age,it ranges and differs for people, what works for you works for you.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Kachichi(f): 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2006
I think 3 to five years is suitable, but I agree that it varies from person to person. lipsrsealed
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by laneige(f): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2006
iice:

There isnt like a specific age,it ranges and differs for people, what works for you works for you.

I agree with u there cheesy
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Busta(f): 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2006
ain't nuthin wrong with that and as someone said, watever works for u
can't do anything more than 8 yrs gap.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by clocky(m): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2006
busta nice pic wink
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Busta(f): 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2006
thanx guy cheesy
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by clocky(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2006
u r welcome smiley
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by babonboard(f): 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2006
varies for people but to me its nothing but a number
so long the feeling is there no problem
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by ANDSTEL(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2006
Uche,
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by EmemJU(f): 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2006
I think love is the principal thing, age doesn't matter. My husband is 5yrs my senior but I would have stil married him even if he were a hundred. Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by EmemJU(f): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2006
I think love is the principal thing, age doesn't matter. My husband is 5yrs my senior but I would have stil married him even if he were a hundred or ten!?. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by clocky(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2006
stop lieing angry
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by EmemJU(f): 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2006
Hey, clocky what makes u think I'm lying? Being who he is with his looks n intelligence at 100(lol), I wud hav stil married him.

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by omogenaija(f): 2:22am On Sep 08, 2006
EmemJU:

I think love is the principal thing, age doesn't matter. My husband is 5yrs my senior but I would have stil married him even if he were a hundred or ten!?. Hahaha

wat if he was 5 tongue
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by snazzydawn(f): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2006
In my candid opinion,the age gap for me ranges from 5-10 years.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Ugwumba(m): 12:16am On Sep 13, 2006
at least 10 years, to make up for the jara wey the girl fit don subtract after she officially reaches 21.  grin grin grin grin
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Uche2nna(m): 12:21am On Sep 13, 2006
Ugwumbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Na wa. LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by omogenaija(f): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2006
what does ugwumba mean ?
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Uche2nna(m): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2006
A hill located in a foreign land grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Ugwumba(m): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2006
@ omogenaija, if na explanation of my comment, see below.

The lady - at 21 stalled aging for 5 yrs, and restarts. so, when she tells me 22 she's really 26. 4 years later after failed relationship at 30 (she claims 26), freezes age for next 3 yrs, before I come along. grin

So she's actually 33, when she claims she's 26.

Mini me - If I give a 'gap' of 10 years, then i am 36 getting married to a '26-year old' who is actually 33.

Q.E.D. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by izoneb(f): 5:34am On Sep 21, 2006
Age is no number nothing.U gotta be at least 2years younger than your husband.He gotta be the head not the tail.As for just dating or playing,well thats when it should be a number.Ideally,2-10yrs is not bad.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by jaybaby(f): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2006
LOl @ Ugwu!

anywayz
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by lovito(f): 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2006
Age is just a number.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by desiree(f): 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2006
5-8 years is a healthy age difference, in my opinion.

Ugwumba:

@ omogenaija, if na explanation of my comment, see below.

The lady - at 21 stalled aging for 5 years, and restarts. so, when she tells me 22 she's really 26. 4 years later after failed relationship at 30 (she claims 26), freezes age for next 3 years, before I come along. grin

So she's actually 33, when she claims she's 26.

Mini me - If I give a 'gap' of 10 years, then i am 36 getting married to a '26-year old' who is actually 33.

Q.E.D. cheesy cheesy cheesy

funny grin grin grin
If every girl lie about her age like that then, there would be no 30 something y/o ladies in the world.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by izoneb(f): 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2006
Uchenna better hang out with your mates.Na so e de start.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by izoneb(f): 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2006
Now am getting angry.What do you mean when you are in Nigeria.Y the emphasis?where you de?Another igbo man.
Is it only in naija u hang out with seniors?Read your post and make more sense.I wan know where u de.
Re: The Ideal Age Gap Between You And Your Spouse? by Oracle(m): 12:31am On Sep 28, 2006
I don't think there's any particular age, but what matters is for your partner to be mature in mind and also know about the game of Love and play it well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Divorce My Husband. Can I Get Married Again? / Is It Necessary To Call Your Co-workers Aunty/Bros? / Your Wife Did Not Tell You She Had Several Abortion Until After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.