Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result (74289 Views)

Ahmadu Adamu Mu'azu Officially Releases Statement On Owning Ikoyi House(pics) / Patience Jonathan Releases Statement On Police Raid Of Her House / Femi Fani-kayode Releases Statement About The Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by lalasticlala(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2015
Official statement by president Jonathan after the announcement of the results of presidential election

Fellow Nigerians,
I thank you all for turning out en-masse for the March 28 General Elections.
I promised the country free and fair elections. I have kept my word. I have also expanded the space for Nigerians to participate in the democratic process. That is one legacy I will like to see endure.
Although some people have expressed mixed feelings about the results announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), I urge those who may feel aggrieved to follow due process based on our constitution and our electoral laws, in seeking redress.

As I have always affirmed, nobody’s ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. The unity, stability and progress of our dear country is more important than anything else.

I congratulate all Nigerians for successfully going through the process of the March 28th General Elections with the commendable enthusiasm and commitment that was demonstrated nationwide.

I also commend the Security Services for their role in ensuring that the elections were mostly peaceful and violence-free.

To my colleagues in the PDP, I thank you for your support. Today, the PDP should be celebrating rather than mourning. We have established a legacy of democratic freedom, transparency, economic growth and free and fair elections.

For the past 16 years, we have steered the country away from ethnic and regional politics. We created a Pan-Nigerian political party and brought home to our people the realities of economic development and social transformation.

Through patriotism and diligence, we have built the biggest and most patriotic party in Nigerian history. We must stand together as a party and look to the future with renewed optimism.

I thank all Nigerians once again for the great opportunity I was given to lead this country and assure you that I will continue to do my best at the helm of national affairs until the end of my tenure.

I have conveyed my personal best wishes to General Muhammadu Buhari.

May God Almighty continue to bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I thank you all.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
March 31, 2015

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/03/statement-by-president-jonathan-on.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+%2FOqshX+%28Welcome+to+Linda+Ikeji%27s+Blog%29

425 Likes 44 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Chinemeokpann: 11:09pm On Mar 31, 2015
I am a Buharist. A resolute one!

BUT I give kudos to GEJ for taking the honorable path. It is a tough decision to make despite the evil people surrounding him.

Despite the fact that Jonathan was a failure as a president, he will go down in the history books as an honorable man.

He has now avoided ICC by the skin of his teeth.

God bless Jonathan

God bless the new President (Buhari) - we will be watching you and remove you if you mess up!

582 Likes 41 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by KingTom(m): 11:09pm On Mar 31, 2015
That's fantastic from my Outgoing President, you have really demonstrated maturity just like Fayemi did last year. I wish you a safe trip to Otueke. God bless you sir!

Sai Buhari!! grin

Chinemeokpann guy allow me To shine small na! grin grin

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by theV0ice: 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Nice

No matter how much I dislike the PDP govt, I will forever be grateful to gej for appointing Jegaquin to treat cases of orubebesitisis grin grin. Jega was immense

Weldone president Jonathan and God bless your future hustles.

164 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by richol(m): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
my new presido

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by omenka(m): 11:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
Thank you Mr President.

It is finished.

Has Bode George gone on exile yet

Where is Marylin Ogar

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
Your legacy will never be forgotten. Well done President Goodluck Jonathan. President of federal Republic of Nigeria. 2010-2015.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Beesluv: 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
Good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
I kind of feel for him now.. chai

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Inkman(m): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
nice one

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by oakson: 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
Good one from the out-going president with the worst pdp presidential result so far...
Next time learn to surround yourself with quality materials and not quantities

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by 5p1naz(m): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
this is an example African leaders should follow....
a ruling president unseated and then this message. Great example. I wish he had ruled with authority. He would have stamped out the bad eggs that marred his tenure. His wife inclusive.

like if you think patience would have crashed her computer during a toefl test.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by LewisO: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
Let me just pretend to adhere to his epistle!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by ayukdaboss(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
Thank you Mr. President. It's all jubilation where I am, didn't know APC had these number of fans in my South South state.

Sai Buhari
Sai Ebele Jonathan

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
[size=18pt]PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE ASO ROCK

WE DON'T NEED YOUR EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL.

YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY RUINED THE CHANCES OF AN IGBO/IJAW PRESIDENCY IN FUTURE DUE TO YOUR NEGLIGENCE AND INCOMPETENCY.

SAY HI TO mama piss and frog eyed oil minister.

General Buhari will build a self contained for you at kirikiri soon
Bunch of looters

[/size]

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by eleojo23: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
This is an emotional moment.
Oh Jona! Chai! (where is my handkerchief?)

In spite of your flaws, you can leave with your head high because you gave Nigerians what they wanted. You made them believe in the electoral process once again.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by kimond101: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
Nice
Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by falconey(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
PDP!!!!!!!

CHANGE!!!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Ahmed4002(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW HISTORY! BUHARI
SCORES HIS BEST VOTES OVER 15 MILLION
IN HIS POLITICAL TIME WHILE PRESIDENT
JONATHAN SCORES OVER 12 MILLION
LOWEST IN PDP HISTORY SINCE 1999!!!
THANK YOU NIGERIA

General Muhammad Buhari rtd. Ruled between
1983 and 1985 after seized power in a coup.
Ousted himself in another military take led by
General Ibrahim Babangida. General Muhammad
Buhari he declared himself a convert to
democracy and since run and lost in several
previous elections due to currupt government
rigging

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by efilefun(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
when Late General Sanni Abacha died in june 1998 everyone was happy and dancing. Now that we have a new President elect in 2015, people are also happy and dancing. And most interesting part is that we are using 1998 calendar.
NIGERIANS want happiness

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by rozayx5(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
shocked cool cool
sai GEJ
congrats Buhari. hope u prove us wrong

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
omenka:
Thank you Mr President.

It is finished.

Has Bode George gone on exile yet

Where is Marylin Ogar
They tried to break our spirits, we refused to relent.
They tried to provoke us, we chose peace instead.
We had only one weapon, our PVCs!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by oluwafemi113(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
Thank you oga jona

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Ventura1: 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2015
GREAT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Optional2(f): 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
Ok oooo

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
When the story of 2015 election is told,the role the entity known as TAN played in flushing taxpayer money down the drain won't be forgot.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Akby(m): 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
Story for the gods...

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Mutuwa(m): 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
The power of card reader and a populace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by suwailad(f): 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
[size=18pt]Ok good

But please note that this time Your "Humility" will not shade you from the coming prosecutions
and panels you will face for missing $20 billion and complicity in terrorism and security negligence.[/size]

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by MaleoPearls(m): 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
In every seasonal film, the BOSS initially abhored immensely but when the ACTOR wan kill am, we go begin pity am. Take all the TERRORISTS in 24 from season 1 to 8 for instance, the way Jack Bauer dey take kill dem ehnnn

Meanwhile, Jonathan!!! You try but all the same, GOODBYE PRESIDENT EMIRETUS. GOODLUCK NA YOUR NAME AND I WISH YOU SAME.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by chymystique(f): 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
Oh Mr. President!.. you are a true democrat for keeping your word... How is Mama Peace?? What a sad easter present for the first family.. chai! This life..

This election thought me so many life lessons.. its well

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result by Profkomolafe(m): 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2015
Waiting 4 mama peace congratulatory msg.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React / Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide / Re: Heavy Shootings At Ministers Hill & Dantata Bridge In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.