Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible (68855 Views)

"See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". / The Men Who Arrested PMB During The '85 Coup (photos) / Buhari's Victory - The Big Winners & The Big Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by gateleo(m): 7:02am On Apr 01, 2015
The significance of Muhammadu Buhari’s victory is underlined by the fact that this will be the first in the history of Nigeria’s electoral process when an incumbent president is defeated. It was no small feat that was achieved by some of the country’s most prominent political figures.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

The former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is considered a master political strategist who guided Buhari’s aspiration to a success at the party’s national convention last year.
Sai-Baba2Tinubu was able to ensure that not only did Buhari get the block vote of the Southwest, but also ensured that many states outside the region that did not have governors in the contest supported Buhari.
After the nomination convention, Tinubu together with likeminded party members was able to weave a formidable campaign machine that put Buhari to victory. Reflective of Tinubu’s imprint in the victory was the fact that Buhari in his last three runs never made an impression in the Southwest, a region he swept last weekend with victories in five of the six states.
Despite the lures and lashes from the opposition, Tinubu stood firm in an unwavering support for Buhari that proved crucial in achieving victory.

Governor Chibuike Amaechi

Governor Amaechi ably steered the Buhari campaign in such a way that brought the old candidate into reckoning in ways he never had been before. The governor’s input was there in the transformation of the general in his dressing and approach to campaign. The governor was in direct control of strategy and deployment of personnel at the campaign headquarters. He was also believed to be involved in the indirect talks with some major political players who helped to ensure the victory of the general at both the nomination convention and the general election.

Senator Bukola Saraki

Senator Bukola Saraki who served as governor of Kwara State before going to the Senate was also instrumental to the victory. His deployment of political and other resources not only helped in the general’s sweep of Kwara State, but also in forming bonds with other major political players in the country.

President Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is perceived another influential personality to Buhari’s ascendancy to Aso Rock. President Obasanjo’s behind the door counsel and patronage of Team Buhari was an open secret. He demonstrated so even in the days before the election was postponed last February when he went on an international circuit to launch his recently released book, My Watch.
He also met with market leaders in his Abeokuta office where he gave them counsel on how to vote.
However, the most strategic role President Obasanjo may have played is believed to have been in bringing international focus on Nigeria in such a way that put the defeated president in a cul de sac on allowing his subordinates to manipulate the results.

Atiku Abubakar

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may not have been seen regularly on the podium pushing for Buhari, but he was a main backer in terms of resources. Once he lost the ticket to Buhari, Atiku pushed his structure including his savvy media team headed by Mallam Garba Shehu to Buhari’s use. The team proved to be a torn in the flesh of Candidate Goodluck Jonathan.

APC GOVERNORS

All the APC governors without exception backed the general. Though two of them, Al Makura in Nasarawa and Adams Oshiomhole in Edo were not able to deliver their states to Buhari, but the efforts they made was undeniable. Oshiomhole was especially a thorn in the flesh of Camp Jonathan in the last few days.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharis-victory-the-men-who-made-it-possible/

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by adebisiolumide5(m): 7:12am On Apr 01, 2015
Yemi Osibanjo!!

200 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by gateleo(m): 7:13am On Apr 01, 2015
adebisiolumide5:
Yemi Osibanjo!!

Yeah that's true....

47 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by sammyj: 7:17am On Apr 01, 2015
Great resilient progressive men !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by TCD: 7:17am On Apr 01, 2015
JONATHAN must be regretting making amaechi an enemy. I have a lot if respect for governor amaechi, stood up against the establishment and won.

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by gateleo(m): 7:28am On Apr 01, 2015
TCD:
JONATHAN must be regretting making amaechi an enemy. I have a lot if respect for governor amaechi, stood up against the establishment and won.

That's polities for you... you win some you lose some...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by raumdeuter: 7:29am On Apr 01, 2015
[size=16pt]One and Only JAGABAN BORGU

Tinubu[/size]

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by malipberry: 7:32am On Apr 01, 2015
Government pikin grin
This FCT batch B corp member Sidiku olusegun took it upon himself to encourage the FCT populace to come out and vote and also implored the populace not to engage in any act of violence during the electioneering process.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dealslip(f): 7:52am On Apr 01, 2015
Welldone to them and all Nigerians who actually voted APC. The actually got the backing of the electorate hence the victory. They were only lucky the game favoured them. The electorates were able to test their might and it worked for the first time in Nigeria. I would want you to replace OBJ with GEJ for giving Nigeria the platform by which their votes counted. GEJ wasn't a do or die president like OBJ who even attempted a third term. He doesn't deserve any place in that list. He was just jealous and vindictive and raised false alarm to spite GEJ.

Please replace Saraki with Jega. He has no business on that list, what did he do except tag along. Okorocha, Amaechi, Ngige incured the wrath of their people just to be with APC.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:53am On Apr 01, 2015
Nonsense it totality. All these people wey u mentioned, they no dey before?

The people are fed up; that was the only thing that made it possible!

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by kelvincoll(m): 7:57am On Apr 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Nonsense it totality. All these people wey u mentioned, they no dey before?

The people are fed up; that was the only thing that made it possible!

Only sensible post so far! The nigerian populace hate all the people OP listed but thought it wise to taste change and see

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dealslip(f): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2015
kelvincoll:

Only sensible post so far! The nigerian populace hate all the people OP listed but thought it wise to taste change and see

Abi o

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by AbuMikey(m): 8:05am On Apr 01, 2015
Amaechi
Okorocha
Oshiomhole
Saraki
Osinbanjo
Fr Mbaka
Jagaban

The Men of Steel

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by solid3(m): 8:06am On Apr 01, 2015
Just wandering what happened to all those AIT Documentaries.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by chacoonder(m): 8:17am On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:
[size=16pt]One and Only JAGABAN BORGU

Tinubu[/size]
You can say that again. kiss

10 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Rahmatuparker: 9:51am On Apr 01, 2015
All those mentioned r correct including d following important pple:
Yemi Osinbajo
U and I who voted most sincerely n our votes counted.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Burger01(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2015
cheesy
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 01, 2015
Ameachi is still mai man of the year.... Upon αℓℓ threat he still stood by the general
Even his deputy decamped.... He still determined
KUDOS TO HIM

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by emmabest2000(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2015
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Burger01(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2015
AbuMikey:
Amaechi
Okorocha
Oshiomhole
Saraki
Osinbanjo
Fr Mbaka
Jagaban
Burger01

The Men of Steel

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 01, 2015
NIGERIA.
I will tell my children that after 16 years and 4
trials and three woeful fails, one school
certificate holder,Three different Political
parties,With only 1 million and 150 cattles,
Gen Buhari from the north won elections to
become Nigeria's President. I
will teach them the lesson of persistence.

I will tell them of a Goodluck Jonathan from
the creeks with no shoes that allowed for a
credible election process and honourable
concession of power
to the people's choice. and return to Otueke
peacefully .The First Seating president to
concede to defeat by the opponent party in
good spirit.
I will cultivate in them the values of healthy
competition, maintenance of peace and
gentility of spirit.

I will tell them of a Professor Attahiru Jega
who put aside personal interests to fulfill his
public assignment, remaining calm in the face
of threatening challenges and Political
Orubebes I will teach them the importance of
integrity and strength of
character in the dispensation of public service.
I will teach my children, so that one day their
names may honourably go down in the history
of this nation, just as the names of these
honourable men have today
GOD BLESS GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
GOD BLESS PDP
GOD BLESS PDP MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT BUHARI
GOD BLESS APC
GOD BLESS APC SUPPORTERS AND MEMBERS
GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
- Synordic,2015

86 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Realdeals(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2015
Jagaban! he was relentless!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 01, 2015
Kudos to them.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Bants(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2015
People that killed it for Jonathan
Fayose
Obanikoro
Boko Haram
Subsidy

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dvee2: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2015
Abike Dabri

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by bigv(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2015
Everyone made it possible. Including the PDP, by pushing us to the wall where we had to seek an alternative.

And to imagine those useless, demeaning adverts and Documentary on NTA and AIT, as if they had no other thing to air. Jega also walked the path many would dare to tread. Now he has written His name in Gold in the annals of Nigerian History.

Everyone, I repeat everyone has a few moral lessons about life to draw from this just concluded Presidential Elections.

I see a New Nigeria! Hit like if you do too wink

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2015
[b]Lols.... So they have removed Rochas Okorocha already? Not even the masses were acknowledged? The marginalisation don begin oo. Chaii.... The end of the beginning. Meanwhile;

#Babanowyouarethere

1. Remember that you promised to stabilise world oil prices.... We are watching.

2. Remember that you and APC promised 24 hours energy and electricity... We are watching.

3. Remember that you promised millions of jobs for the youths... They are watching and waiting.

4. Remember that you promised to make 1 dollar equals to 1 naira both in appreciation and depreciation.... We are watching.

5. Remember that a lot of people accused the president of not having shoes and called him shoeless. He ignored in the spirit of democracy. Hope you wont arrest anybody that calls you certificateless because me and you know that you have no certificate even standard six.

6. Finally, remember that their is freedom of speech in Nigeria under Jonathan. Even freedom after speech. I do hope you won't gag the press. I know you will grant freedom of speech but you will not grant freedom after speech.. The world is watching![/b]

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by dvee2: 9:53am On Apr 01, 2015
Bants:
People that killed it for Jonathan
Fayose
Obanikoro
Boko Haram
Subsidy

Madam Peace
FFK

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Brugo(m): 9:54am On Apr 01, 2015
[size=25pt]THE PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF JONATHAN.

Thankfully APC keyed into this truth.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by CaptainAmerica1: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2015
Kudos to Tinubu!

Say what you want about him, he's a genius!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Soldier & Vikings Cult Member In Borno, Vikings Mourn Him (Pic) / Topless Women Protest Against Governor Dickson In Bayelsa. Photos / The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.