Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible (68874 Views)

"See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". / The Men Who Arrested PMB During The '85 Coup (photos) / Buhari's Victory - The Big Winners & The Big Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by kliq(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2015
What a line-up

Tinubu - Point Guard

Amaechi - Shooting Guard

Atiku - Small Forward

Saraki - Power forward

Obj - Center/Bigman

Reserves (APC Governors) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by encryptjay(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2015
APC, we dem boys.
When that REC from Kano state came, I said the big boys have arrived. 1.9m punches...
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by deebsman1(m): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2015
people should not forget Rauf Aregbesola too and Kayode Fayemi with Segun Oni and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, to mention a few. I won't mind oyinlola for the Osun State ministerial position sha. Nasir el-Rufai. too numerous to mention
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by magabounce(m): 10:12am On Apr 01, 2015
[size=40pt]Amaechi Kinda reminds me of Daniel Brian against the Authority
Wrestling fans, we all know how it ends na
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 01, 2015
Don't forget to add nairaland
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 01, 2015
gateleo:
The significance of Muhammadu Buhari’s victory is underlined by the fact that this will be the first in the history of Nigeria’s electoral process when an incumbent president is defeated. It was no small feat that was achieved by some of the country’s most prominent political figures.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

The former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is considered a master political strategist who guided Buhari’s aspiration to a success at the party’s national convention last year.
Sai-Baba2Tinubu was able to ensure that not only did Buhari get the block vote of the Southwest, but also ensured that many states outside the region that did not have governors in the contest supported Buhari.
After the nomination convention, Tinubu together with likeminded party members was able to weave a formidable campaign machine that put Buhari to victory. Reflective of Tinubu’s imprint in the victory was the fact that Buhari in his last three runs never made an impression in the Southwest, a region he swept last weekend with victories in five of the six states.
Despite the lures and lashes from the opposition, Tinubu stood firm in an unwavering support for Buhari that proved crucial in achieving victory.

Governor Chibuike Amaechi

Governor Amaechi ably steered the Buhari campaign in such a way that brought the old candidate into reckoning in ways he never had been before. The governor’s input was there in the transformation of the general in his dressing and approach to campaign. The governor was in direct control of strategy and deployment of personnel at the campaign headquarters. He was also believed to be involved in the indirect talks with some major political players who helped to ensure the victory of the general at both the nomination convention and the general election.

Senator Bukola Saraki

Senator Bukola Saraki who served as governor of Kwara State before going to the Senate was also instrumental to the victory. His deployment of political and other resources not only helped in the general’s sweep of Kwara State, but also in forming bonds with other major political players in the country.

President Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is perceived another influential personality to Buhari’s ascendancy to Aso Rock. President Obasanjo’s behind the door counsel and patronage of Team Buhari was an open secret. He demonstrated so even in the days before the election was postponed last February when he went on an international circuit to launch his recently released book, My Watch.
He also met with market leaders in his Abeokuta office where he gave them counsel on how to vote.
However, the most strategic role President Obasanjo may have played is believed to have been in bringing international focus on Nigeria in such a way that put the defeated president in a cul de sac on allowing his subordinates to manipulate the results.

Atiku Abubakar

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may not have been seen regularly on the podium pushing for Buhari, but he was a main backer in terms of resources. Once he lost the ticket to Buhari, Atiku pushed his structure including his savvy media team headed by Mallam Garba Shehu to Buhari’s use. The team proved to be a torn in the flesh of Candidate Goodluck Jonathan.

APC GOVERNORS

All the APC governors without exception backed the general. Though two of them, Al Makura in Nasarawa and Adams Oshiomhole in Edo were not able to deliver their states to Buhari, but the efforts they made was undeniable. Oshiomhole was especially a thorn in the flesh of Camp Jonathan in the last few days.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharis-victory-the-men-who-made-it-possible/

Why is Rochas not on the list?
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by omenka(m): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2015
kelvincoll:

Only sensible post so far! The nigerian populace hate all the people OP listed but thought it wise to taste change and see
The list isn't the Op's.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by pring: 10:19am On Apr 01, 2015
TCD:
JONATHAN must be regretting making amaechi an enemy. I have a lot if respect for governor amaechi, stood up against the establishment and won.
is patience that made Amaechi an enemy.
That woman indirectly campaign for buhari
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by EmmyDe25(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2015
What about Fashola? undecided undecided BRF made a lot of people vote for APC in the SW.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by justjify(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Bants:
People that killed it for Jonathan
Fayose
Obanikoro
Boko Haram
Subsidy

Femi Fani Kayode is missing in this list.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by justjify(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Bants:
Fayose
Obanikoro
Boko Haram
Subsidy

Femi Fani Kayode is missing in this list.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by EmmyDe25(m): 10:22am On Apr 01, 2015
dealslip:
Welldone to them and all Nigerians who actually voted APC. The actually got the backing of the electorate hence the victory. They were only lucky the game favoured them. The electorates were able to test their might and it worked for the first time in Nigeria. I would want you to replace OBJ with GEJ for giving Nigeria the platform by which their votes counted. GEJ wasn't a do or die president like OBJ who even attempted a third term. He doesn't deserve any place in that list. He was just jealous and vindictive and raised false alarm to spite GEJ.

Please replace Saraki with Jega. He has no business on that list, what did he do except tag along. Okorocha, Amaechi, Ngige incured the wrath of their people just to be with APC.
What did Saraki do? you gotta be kidding me! Check out how he delivered Kwara for GMB in grand style.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by xcuggsm(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Nonsense it totality. All these people wey u mentioned, they no dey before?

The people are fed up; that was the only thing that made it possible!

The people being fed up argument did not translate to significant number of election votes in the south.

The three principal agents that facilitated Buhari's election victory are:

1, Prof Atahiru Jega
2. Sekarau and the Boko Haram group
3. Nothern Solidarity

All the people mentioned by the poster are mere self-seeking bigots

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by pobosky20(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2015
.....dem be dey look me like monkey o ewo.....dem no know say i dey look dem like banana.... M.I ft chigurl
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 01, 2015
obailala:
2007: OBJ supported Yaradua, he won
2011: OBJ supported Goodluck, he won
2015: OBJ supported Buhari, he won

..and someone says OBJ is irrelevant in Nigerian politics? lipsrsealed
OBJ never supported GMB, he was just sitting on the fence....pls dont bring him to APC camp or else APC will become another PDP
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Awoofawo(m): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2015
Iamsynord:
Forget this Elections ..Why has everybody being unable to log in using password but instead sending of codes each time one wants to login
Seun,what is happening ??
Seun,you have being Compromised. We cannot continue with you.Go back to your Office ..

Nothing do Seun thus he is a known PDP supporter.

The traffic on Nairaland now is too much. He only diverting users through other routes to slow down demands on his bandwidth.....

We no want the server to crash on Nairaland bro!
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by nex(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2015
We were many who made the Buhari victory possible. This Vanguard article is just silly!
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by BlackGirlsCode: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2015
What I've learned so far:

1. Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani alliance is something to fear

2. Yorubas do not really care about Nollywood actors

3. Yoruba actors/actresses are powerful in Yorubaland

4. Yorubas are politically intelligent

5. Yoruba obas were actually CURSING GEJ

6. When God made me Yoruba, he destined me for the greater goods.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by LORDCYBORG(m): 10:36am On Apr 01, 2015
For once our votes made a difference. Now only time will tell if it's a positive change. GEJ you are truly an honourable man. But for now SAI BUHARI! !!
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by obailala(m): 10:36am On Apr 01, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

OBJ never supported GMB, he was just sitting on the fence....pls dont bring him to APC camp or else APC will become another PDP
Hahaha... trust me by denouncing GEJ publicly and resigning from PDP, OBJ definitely inflicted a huge damage on GEJ's ambition; not minding that he was thought to be irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by cirmuell(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2015
Iamsynord:
Forget this Elections ..Why has everybody being unable to log in using password but instead sending of codes each time one wants to login
Seun,what is happening ??
Seun,you have being Compromised. We cannot continue with you.Go back to your Office ..
gringrin
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by BlackGirlsCode: 10:39am On Apr 01, 2015
Koolking:
THE NORTHERNERS

These were the people who damned the threat of Boko Haram to throng in numbers to vote out failure and vote in change. The kanos, The Katsinans and The Kadunas will never be forgotten for their conspicuous roles in the just concluded presidential election. Of the 2+ million accredited voters in Kano, nearly the 2million thronged out and voted for the people's general.

The SS/SE/SW are hypocrites. I expected so much from them. Lagos who had the highest number of registered voters with 5million plus voters, only had a paltry 1+million votes at the end of the day. These regions put together could not have done it. The same regions killed the PDP.

In fact, The Northerners made the president.

GOOD PEOPLE OF NIGERIANS WHO BELIEVED IN CHANGE

The most resilient and the happiest people on earth, who took their own destinies in their hands. God bless Nigerians

The North also supported Buhari in 2011........What's the difference this time?

If Buhari hadn't won SW states, he wouldn't have met the "25% in 2/3rd" rule.

Not to say that I don't commend the North. I fear the North!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Haryoryhemie(f): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2015
And a guy called Sholesky Dexter

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:44am On Apr 01, 2015
TCD:
JONATHAN must be regretting making amaechi an enemy. I have a lot if respect for governor amaechi, stood up against the establishment and won.
My respect for him just multiplied! He did well.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Ojugunrege(f): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2015
Iamsynord:

NIGERIA.
I will tell my children that after 16 years and 4
trials and three woeful fails, one school
certificate holder,Three different Political
parties,With only 1 million and 150 cattles,
Gen Buhari from the north won elections to
become Nigeria's President. I
will teach them the lesson of persistence.

I will tell them of a Goodluck Jonathan from
the creeks with no shoes that allowed for a
credible election process and honourable
concession of power
to the people's choice. and return to Otueke
peacefully .The First Seating president to
concede to defeat by the opponent party in
good spirit.
I will cultivate in them the values of healthy
competition, maintenance of peace and
gentility of spirit.

I will tell them of a Professor Attahiru Jega
who put aside personal interests to fulfill his
public assignment, remaining calm in the face
of threatening challenges and Political
Orubebes I will teach them the importance of
integrity and strength of
character in the dispensation of public service.
I will teach my children, so that one day their
names may honourably go down in the history
of this nation, just as the names of these
honourable men have today
GOD BLESS GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
GOD BLESS PDP
GOD BLESS PDP MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT BUHARI
GOD BLESS APC
GOD BLESS APC SUPPORTERS AND MEMBERS
GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
- Synordic,2015

You have mentioned them..those are my 2015 HEROES!
and my 2015 HEROINE....i give it to PEJ; i learnt a lesson or 2 in her passionate campaign & support for her husband and his course!

#NIGERADECIDES2015....all is well that ends well!!!
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Guyman02: 10:47am On Apr 01, 2015
TCD:

Blame PEJ, because GEJ never made Amaechi an enemy, it was his wife who became the eve that ate the forbidden fruit.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by Yinkagbo(m): 10:47am On Apr 01, 2015
RebelChip:
[b]Lols.... So they have removed Rochas Okorocha already? Not even the masses were acknowledged? The marginalisation don begin oo. Chaii.... The end of the beginning. Meanwhile;

#Babanowyouarethere

1. Remember that you promised to stabilise world oil prices.... We are watching.

2. Remember that you and APC promised 24 hours energy and electricity... We are watching.

3. Remember that you promised millions of jobs for the youths... They are watching and waiting.

4. Remember that you promised to make 1 dollar equals to 1 naira both in appreciation and depreciation.... We are watching.

5. Remember that a lot of people accused the president of not having shoes and called him shoeless. He ignored in the spirit of democracy. Hope you wont arrest anybody that calls you certificateless because me and you know that you have no certificate even standard six.

6. Finally, remember that their is freedom of speech in Nigeria under Jonathan. Even freedom after speech. I do hope you won't gag the press. I know you will grant freedom of speech but you will not grant freedom after speech.. The world is watching![/b]

Eyes dey pain u......
Can't you see all APC Governors....or okorocha is in pdp....
Better don't start what u won't finish.

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:47am On Apr 01, 2015
solid3:
Just wandering what happened to all those AIT Documentaries.
E don enter BUSH.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by otswag(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2015
Tinubu is d first. Osinbajo should be the 2nd. He was the joker and the game changer.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by munex007(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2015
personally i will say the twitter lords that influence a lot of peeps..

@omojuwa
@debolalagos
@ayourb
@toluogunlesi
@kayodeogundamisi
@lolashoneyin
@yadomah
@delemomodu

On here I will say Barcanista unfortunately he didn't reap the fruit of the victory he started..LRNZH,obigiale and all the Progressive with their incisive analysis

And to all progressive minded Nigerians..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by jeroton: 10:55am On Apr 01, 2015
Bants:
Fayose
Obanikoro
Boko Haram
Subsidy
half truth, u need to include FFK,okupe,p.jonathan,
Re: Buhari’s Victory: The Men Who Made It Possible by heywhytech1(m): 10:55am On Apr 01, 2015
My personality of the Year is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for conceading defeat , he clearly sent a good message to entire world that Nigeria Democratic process is growing. The unusual spirit of sportsmanship dispayed by GEJ put an end to any form of impending violence. Congratulation to Nigerians, for the very first time our vote counts. GMB/PYO deliver your promises, I am proud to be part of the team that campaign for you, victory for all.God bless Federal republic of Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Murtala Mohammed’s Car The Most Well-maintained Car In Nigeria? (see Photo) / Aisha Yesuf Reacts As Tahir Mamman Makes Tinubu’s Ministerial List / Kenneth Okonkwo: Leaked Audio Of Obi And Oyedepo Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.