Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? (27891 Views)

Buhari Will Respond To Senate's Rejection Of Magu As EFCC Chairman -Femi Adesina / Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by wowo2: 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
wowo2:

I doubt that he wouldn't perform but I don't see him accepting such a job anyway. He is a Political Science teacher and his integrity notwithstanding, am sure the jobs he takes outside of teaching and research environment are in related fields of political science. Jega has always been my hero as I followed his role as ASUU chair in the 90s reading newspapers everyday even though I was young and just becoming lucid back then.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by bjoyoyo: 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
that will be good or who else like him
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by ndcide(m): 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Why not Tinubu?...

I see no reason why Bola Tinubu can't take up such position.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by cirmuell(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
Josh121:

What is it about ethinic group , can't you say something without mentioning ethinic group ?
U don't get it bro, that niqqa is talking about weed grin
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by econity(m): 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
stevikenna:
HIS PERFORMANCE IN HANDLING THIS SENSITIVE ELECTIONS SPEAKS FOR HIM
THE ABILITY TO REMAIN CALM UNDER ENORMOUS PRESSURE IS A GIFT
HE IS A ROLE MODEL FOR PUBLIC OFFICERS
HE DESERVES A POLITICAL APPOINTMENT
SIA BUHARI
He deserves an international appointment but not a political one.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by skypon2002(m): 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
Would have been cool
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by cirmuell(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
biodemetrik:

Jega is a politician he may not do well
A politician ke? lol na wa o.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Pebcak: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
then he will definitely and surely tell us STEALING is CORRUPTION

Thieves will be like Benin republic open border o

[img]http://i./3baUigE0MDnfW.gif[/img]
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by rajwas(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
i prefer him to continue as inec chairman till kindom come.....
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by chat2deen(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
Make una allow baba Jega to go n rest! He has contributed his own quota. I believe if we have a good governance place in the country many of his a likes will b discovered.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Mekzmoney(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
Y shud I knw wat it means in yoruba wen m not yoruba? U would hav made ur point very clear coz any person dat sees dat txt would knw dat ur toking abt igbo(tribe)... So nxt tym xpress urself clearly n dnt be a dumbass my frnd grin
Bants:

Do you know what igbo means in yoruba....you shld do your research because if you were a smartass yourself you will know dindinrin
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Mekzmoney(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nice piece my frnd... U are truly d man.. I would still be an igbo man in my nxt world grin
christopher123:

when people say igbo lose election you ask how, Igbo never lose, the losers are south south, they lost credibility, they lost their mind and they will lose their oil well and environment. Since 1070 igbo never ruled but it has not stop igbo from been the most educated tribe, it has not stooped igbo land from having the highest income distribution, it has not stopped igbo land from having industries ranging from ICT and car manufacturing, it has not stoped igbo from having the biggest online trading firms like www.slot.com, www.wakanow.com, www.PTVphones.com and biggest onlie blogs making million employing igbos such as linda ikeji, bella naija..it has not stoped igbo from progessing

one thing the lack of president did or is doing for igbo is that it made them understand that they do not have any body to depend but on their-selves and brain with God been on their side...

look at how the Yoruba and Hausa are bragging, that it what presidency does to them, it gives them wrong sense of fulfilment and achievement while their problem such as high level of touting, pverty, omo nili mentality, almajirism and polio and illiteracy looms around

since north have presidency have they produced likes of chimamanda, chinua, elechi amadi and other global known literary giants ..the answer is big No, yoruba managed only Wole soyinka thats all.

You can see what dependence on politics and governance can do to some region. The same way dependence on oil never impacted on Niger delta, the best thing depend on yourself

KEEP SAYING WE ARE APC...LET ME KNOW IF APC Will buy you that car that you will drive, buy you that great perdume or put food on your tables....

Bunch of confused lots
Ur really good.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by hardbody: 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
He may be integrity personified but will be a square peg in a round hole. That position is reserved for police personnel or so i think. Is he one?
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:
Bad idea. He's too civil and will accept logical explanations. Look at the way he accepted Rivers. You need someone who understands gutter ways and can crack a few skulls when necessary to head the EFCC.

Well sorry to say you are wrong, he has know the election result earlier. and knowing that Rivers state result is not significant to APC victory, his panel would have recommend that he should ignore the result.

The only thing i can Complain about him is that he may not Portfolio for EFCC Job, at least he must have Degree in Criminology
But since its appointment he can be managed base on some other attribute
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
christopher123:

when people say igbo lose election you ask how, Igbo never lose, the losers are south south, they lost credibility, they lost their mind and they will lose their oil well and environment. Since 1070 igbo never ruled but it has not stop igbo from been the most educated tribe, it has not g

KEEP SAYING WE ARE APC...LET ME KNOW IF APC Will buy you that car that you will drive, buy you that great perdume or put food on your tables....

Bunch of confused lots

People Like you are the one that are bring a heavy hand of God on the country, you claim you region had produce Men/Women of Timber and Caliber, Praise to God other region have produce too, The Nairaland you are using is one, currently i have an apprentice working under, he had learn programming and at age less that 22years he will soon release his Social Network design from scratch with just only SSCE, he also and hausa boy.

In terms of Education Sanusi Lamido, FFK, Nuhu Ribadu, ect are there in fact Aisha Buhari will beet your imagination. Most of the Food you eat came from North, and Your Business men succeeded in a strange land either North of SW

I can continue but to save time, and if you have grudges against the election result, Just remember Fela, "Coolu Temper" with Multina
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by crusherfaq(f): 1:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 02, 2015
Afam4eva:
This makes so much sense. However, i think he should remain in INEC until he decides to call it quits personally. I don't see how changing a working system will solve anything. He has experienced the worst possible scenario as an INEC chairman and in the future, i don't think any machination will move him. I say he remains INEC head. There are other men of integrity like him in Nigeria that can head EFCC.
He would definitely be retained as INEC chair when his tenure ends in June. If Buhari nominates him, and the APC Senate confirms him, Jega would serve till 2020. That will mean he would have conducted a record THREE presidential elections.
But Jega may decide to retire instead, after conducting 2 general elections. And being from the same zone as the president, Buhari would be under intense pressure to select someone from the South or the North-central.

We shall see how it all unfolds.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Nobody: 1:57am On Apr 02, 2015
JUBILEE2000:

Jega is not a police officer...check the constitutional requirements for who becomes EFFC chairman
The EFCC is a statutory institution, not a constitutional one. But I agree with your point that the EFCC chair should be someone with a background in the criminal justice system, either as a lawyer or a police officer.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Bants(m): 8:27am On Apr 02, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Y shud I knw wat it means in yoruba wen m not yoruba? U would hav made ur point very clear coz any person dat sees dat txt would knw dat ur toking abt igbo(tribe)... So nxt tym xpress urself clearly n dnt be a dumbass my frnd grin

I know some ibo people they are very cool and calm and bro i'm ashamed you are ibo cos you have no manners
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by christopher123(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2015
My dear the hand of Lord is on Igbo and it will never depart from us, we were hated, envied but the lord loves us. That is a fact and we will always testify HIS goodness even if it means people drinking poision out of envy so be it. I never said that there are no intellect from other region, i said that it is small compared to what igbo produces and that is a way GOD has used to compensate us just like he is doing for isreal(oh the only country in arab that supported Bisfra) you said this forum is by a yopruba man, i give him the credit but that is all, the biggest websites in nigeria are ownbed by igbo such as linda ikeji and bella naija

So i think that not giving igbo presidency has made lord to be with us and bless us . it has made us to believe in ourselves than having hope in Nigeria project. that is why the igbo man will build cars in Nnewi while others will want the importation of tokunbo cars to increase like ur prof Osibanjo

To be honest with you, IGBO about 85% are not comfortable with nigerian project and thank lord our south south brothers have seen the truth and they are in tune with us. very soon i mean very soon, that is in our live time, we will live so that you can have it all

NOW I GIVE GOD THE GLORY FOR CREATING ME AN IGBO MAN...
GoodMuyis:

People Like you are the one that are bring a heavy hand of God on the country, you claim you region had produce Men/Women of Timber and Caliber, Praise to God other region have produce too, The Nairaland you are using is one, currently i have an apprentice working under, he had learn programming and at age less that 22years he will soon release his Social Network design from scratch with just only SSCE, he also and hausa boy.

In terms of Education Sanusi Lamido, FFK, Nuhu Ribadu, ect are there in fact Aisha Buhari will beet your imagination. Most of the Food you eat came from North, and Your Business men succeeded in a strange land either North of SW

I can continue but to save time, and if you have grudges against the election result, Just remember Fela, "Coolu Temper" with Multina
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by christopher123(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Nice piece my frnd... U are truly d man.. I would still be an igbo man in my nxt world grin

Ur really good.

it may hurt them, but i just told them the gospel truth, if been president will change igbo mindset and orientation to life, pls LET THEM KEEP THEIR PRESIDENCY, we keep our mindset.

THEY VOTED THEM IN BECAUSE THEY PROMISED THEM TWO SQUARE MEAL A DAY. CAN YOU IMAGINE SUCH A MENTALITY. IT IS NOW I UNDERSTND THAT TERM STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE

I will want to see a thinking president not a gerontocrat

I have said my mind
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2015
"TWO SQUARE MEAL" grin grin grin hungry set of people.... Plz hav mercy on them.
christopher123:

it may hurt them, but i just told them the gospel truth, if been president will change igbo mindset and orientation to life, pls LET THEM KEEP THEIR PRESIDENCY, we keep our mindset.

THEY VOTED THEM IN BECAUSE THEY PROMISED THEM TWO SQUARE MEAL A DAY. CAN YOU IMAGINE SUCH A MENTALITY. IT IS NOW I UNDERSTND THAT TERM STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE

I will want to see a thinking president not a gerontocrat

I have said my mind
GMB or no GMB, We would still progress.
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Mekzmoney(m): 9:23am On Apr 02, 2015
Were are ur manners my frnd? So ur now using dem 4 granted because dia cool n calm right? Let's respect ourselves n end dis now plz.. Hav a nice day pal.
Bants:

I know some ibo people they are very cool and calm and bro i'm ashamed you are ibo cos you have no manners
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by christopher123(m): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2015
Mekzmoney:
"TWO SQUARE MEAL" grin grin grin hungry set of people.... Plz hav mercy on them.

that is the fact...GOD is with us
Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by christopher123(m): 9:46am On Apr 02, 2015
‎BUHARI's CAMPAIGN PROMISES: JUST FOR THE RECORDS

Fellow Nigerians, it's 57 days to the SWEARING-IN CEREMONY of President-Elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

These are some of General Buhari's promises that enticed majority of Nigerians to choose him above GEJ. 

Reeling them out just for the records is not intended to cast aspersions at him, but to set him ‎into a GROUND-BREAKING exercise ahead.

1. To stabilize oil prices at $100 a barrel.
2. To reduce fuel price to N45 a litre.
3. To provide free education to all. 
4. To pay the poorest 25 million people between N5, 000--N10, 000 every month.
5. To generate 40,000 megawatts of electricity in 4 years.
6. To pay youth corps members at least N5, 000 for a year after service. 
7. To provide one meal a day for all Nigerian pupils in basic level.
8. To provide 3 million jobs in his first year.
9. To make N1 to be equal to $1.
10. To build 4 refineries in 4 years. 
11. To stop Boko Haram and bring back the missing Chibok girls. 
12. He also promised to remove immunity on public office holders.
13. To fight corruption.
14. No office of first lady. 

The timeline starts counting between FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2015-‎-WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019.

Signed 
Office of The Citizen
Federal Republic of Nigeria

Mekzmoney:

Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by Mekzmoney(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2015
Hmmm.. Imagine.. We shall see d outcum my brother.
christopher123:

‎BUHARI's CAMPAIGN PROMISES: JUST FOR THE RECORDS

Fellow Nigerians, it's 57 days to the SWEARING-IN CEREMONY of President-Elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd).

These are some of General Buhari's promises that enticed majority of Nigerians to choose him above GEJ. 

Reeling them out just for the records is not intended to cast aspersions at him, but to set him ‎into a GROUND-BREAKING exercise ahead.

1. To stabilize oil prices at $100 a barrel.
2. To reduce fuel price to N45 a litre.
3. To provide free education to all. 
4. To pay the poorest 25 million people between N5, 000--N10, 000 every month.
5. To generate 40,000 megawatts of electricity in 4 years.
6. To pay youth corps members at least N5, 000 for a year after service. 
7. To provide one meal a day for all Nigerian pupils in basic level.
8. To provide 3 million jobs in his first year.
9. To make N1 to be equal to $1.
10. To build 4 refineries in 4 years. 
11. To stop Boko Haram and bring back the missing Chibok girls. 
12. He also promised to remove immunity on public office holders.
13. To fight corruption.
14. No office of first lady. 

The timeline starts counting between FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2015-‎-WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019.

Signed 
Office of The Citizen
Federal Republic of Nigeria

Re: What If Jega Becomes EFCC Chairman? by christopher123(m): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Hmmm.. Imagine.. We shall see d outcum my brother.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153258468495229&fref=nf

na buhari first interview be dis, we are in for a long ride lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sagay To Senate: You Are The Real Enemy Of Democracy, Not IGP / Jonathan's Campaign Billboard Burnt In Abuja After Poll Shift / PDP To Sanction Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.