Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,342 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? (26807 Views)

How Davido Got His Song If From Tekno / Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award / D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by chilan: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
lagos360:
A friend has been into music for like eternity. He'd always sing for us (friends). He's an IT guy, not that he's making millions but fairly comfortable. He was into a very serious relationship last year and composed a song that he meant to be played on his wedding day. Unfortunately things went sour and the relationship was ended. He finished the song about two weeks ago. We convinced him to put it online and the response has been small but exciting. Thing is, he got an email, then a call from one of the current top 10 artist in the Nigerian music industry offering to buy the song for 5 Million naira cash.

Point is, cos of the response he's been getting from the song, he's thinking of recording an album. We've been talking of taking the songs to radio stations (we understand it's not going to be free and we could pull it off to get a fair amount of airplay).

I don't want to sound arrogant but 5M while quite an amount isn't enough I think. This song in question is the type of song that's just different and unique in its own way. I think my friend's song can shape his music career just like "African Queen" shaped 2Baba's career.

Get a copyright lawyer for proper advice and excellent representation else regret is bound to follow his decision. Visit www.excellawchambers.com or call 08035533560
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
i will be sincere wit you bro advice ur frend to sell.......dont compare 2face to his own,we all knw plantastion bois nd wat happen to dem everybody ws eager to see wat will become of dem,ur frend is an upcoming artist nd mayb he doesnt even hav d hrt to continue singin anymre,yea for a top artist to pay 5milion i guess no doubt dat d song is cul,to be sincere 5mill wont come in a day if he sings dat song,rather let dem bargain mayb d guy shud pay 8mil its a gud deal
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by shellliver: 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
you dont sell everything in biz.

thank me later
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by ceeafuejay(m): 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
I think selling it will be a better option. If it turns out to be a mega hit, you can make money writing songs since you have a good job already and you have the talent inside of you. Thanks and best wishes.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Sell it! *in OLX voice* grin cheesy

Loool
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
lagos360:
A friend has been into music for like eternity. He'd always sing for us (friends). He's an IT guy, not that he's making millions but fairly comfortable. He was into a very serious relationship last year and composed a song that he meant to be played on his wedding day. Unfortunately things went sour and the relationship was ended. He finished the song about two weeks ago. We convinced him to put it online and the response has been small but exciting. Thing is, he got an email, then a call from one of the current top 10 artist in the Nigerian music industry offering to buy the song for 5 Million naira cash.

Point is, cos of the response he's been getting from the song, he's thinking of recording an album. We've been talking of taking the songs to radio stations (we understand it's not going to be free and we could pull it off to get a fair amount of airplay).

I don't want to sound arrogant but 5M while quite an amount isn't enough I think. This song in question is the type of song that's just different and unique in its own way. I think my friend's song can shape his music career just like "African Queen" shaped 2Baba's career.

ITS FOOLS LIKE YOUR FRIEND THAT END UP BLAMING THEIR GRAND MOTHER FOR THEIR DOWNFALL. FREE 5M NAIRA AND U PEOPLE ARE NOW FORMING 2FACE IDIBIA. WHAT ARE THE ODDS THAT UR SING WILL BE A HIT ? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY GREAT SONGS ARE ON OUR AIRPLAY DAILY? HOW MANY OF THEM MAKE HITS? JUST ABOUT 5% , COLLECT THE MONEY AND TELL UR FRIEND TO WRITE ANOTHER SONG WITH ALMOST THE SAME RYTHEM. WHY DONT I HAVE THESE SORTA OPPORTUNITIES THAT PEOPLE TROW AWAY GOD PLS BLESS ME WITH AN ARTISTE WILLING TO PAY 5 M FOR MY WORK.

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
lagos360:

if I was u I wud sell d song. u should understand that there are already established artists that even if they sing rubbish, their songs still sell likewise there are some upcoming who sing good songs yet it doesn't yield anything. life is all about taking risk bro. u cud still risk releasing the album
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by meetcharles: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sell the song and grab the cash. For all we know, this person may not even have the right voice to deliver the lyrics. Imagine how it might have turned out if Timaya were to sing, say, 'African Queen'.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by elobyobi: 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
lagos360:

What website did he upload it on?
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by baani(m): 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
i would say sell with a further clause on a contract that states that whatever grant or profit the song get commercial or otherwise he be entitled to a percentage
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by truelovecom: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
SELL IT, BUT LET HIM FEATURE YOU ON THE SONG. THAT WAY YOU'LL GAIN POPULARITY, INCASE YOU DECIDE TO RELEASE YOUR'S NEXT TIME
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Capableben(m): 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
How can I meet these stars to sell my songs too??
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by tunnary(m): 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
As e dey hot na dat time e take dey sweet o, if e don cold e nor go sweet again o. U beta grab d 5M be4 he changes his mind. No dulling
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by jimmyroger: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
sell it bro,but be featured in dat song so as to tap from his fame.also get royalty fr every award d song gets ...all is wel
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Delesdairy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
[f[b]ont=Lucida Sans Unicode]This sounds too good to be true. Is he sharing a wish or what has actually happened.... Don't sell oo keep it and keep paying it on ur earpiece..... [/font][/b]
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 05, 2015
lagos360:

Sell it an write another one.

Simple. One doesn't become a big artist by accident.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by ololufemi: 5:40am On Apr 05, 2015
Dude, sell it but not 100%. Get a lawyer who knows about copyright to guide you on how to go about it. I will suggest that you retain at least 10% to 20% of your rights to the song (global standard) though this may mean you will get less than the NGN5million. That way, you get paid if your song is used as a signature song for any brand or product.

The best form of income is passive or residual income. If the song is a good love or wedding one, it will be a good hit because people will play it at weddings. That gives it more popularity.

Imagine how much you can make from your percentage of the song if it becomes a popular ringtone. I can even assist you to get the song to be performed on a reality music show and you will get paid for it (as long as the song is a good one o).

Imagine how much the guy who sold "aye " will be making if he had not sold all the rights to Davido. I still have it as the ringtone on one of my phones and na NGN50 every month be that.

Conclusion, he should retain 10% to 20% of the song and get a good copyright lawyer and most importantly, fast and pray for more inspiration and revelation. I think God just showed your friend the way to his wealth. I am available to help (it will be worth the risk).
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by egobetatoday: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2015
u could meet Efissy records. i think they also produce for Yemi Alade. have an agreement with them. they produce the song and u both share the profit based on the percentage in d agreement. use this if u know the song is really a Hit song or else just sell it for the 5m.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by mima247(f): 1:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Lagos 360 please can u help a desperate song writer out. I write songs and I'm looking for someone to sell my songs to.i really need a breakthru on this...and I'm beginning to feel like I was created to with talent only to be frustrated with no opportunity.and my songs r really gud too.thanksplease can u send me ur email
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by ArcToyin(m): 10:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
zed24:
If dis is true n u r still tinkin abt it den u deserved to b flogged. Beta go now now b4 he changes his mind.
lollz. He dey think say 5m na small money.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by IniwavesCME(m): 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
I would advise you to pray about it,think on it,I mean if d guy wants d song for 5million den imagine he would make from it,who knows maybe this is your hit track,so I advise you sell wisely,#ThinkB4YouActToAvoidConsequences
Thank You #JesusLovesYou #StayBlessed
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by cybriz82(m): 11:07am On Apr 07, 2015
U sabi write song no mean say u sabi sing.I doubt if em voice better pass late legend fatai rollin dollar..or else u no go see cici.u better sell it.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by kisstbynature(m): 6:58am On Apr 09, 2015
Pls let it go with your past, sell it. He would be able to do something good with that money, maybe buy a car or something sweet forr his hard work. But if him wan sing the song 1st nobody go hear am and I like hear the song tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Djames – 2024 Live Afrobeats Mix (010 Culture FM) Mp3 / Are these P'square's Top 10 Greatest Hits? See inside / Nairalander Singing/play The Guitar In Indiana Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.