Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Marital Vice - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marital Vice (58175 Views)

MARITAL SHAMBLES (COMPLETED) / Pre-marital Sex; The Underestimated Evil. / Marital Shambles - The Crumbs Of A Happy Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Vice by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 13, 2015
Continue please grin
Re: Marital Vice by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 13, 2015
Chaii! Lydia! U see ur life? I shake my head for u o. U never see anything at all.

Tolu....... I don't even know wat to say....... I think he needs a lot of spanking on his buttocks.

Deola......... I hope God gives her the strength to survive this wahala o.

Kizzy..... Thanks for the updates...... expecting more....
Re: Marital Vice by Chioma123: 9:56pm On May 13, 2015
pls more updates and you are doing a fantastic job..................no more ghost mode

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kenwins(f): 12:13am On May 15, 2015
@ kizzy.... TWENTY thousand naira for a week or FIFTEEN thousand naira since sunday....which is correct?
Deola STATED and reached for some water.

Kudos dear!
Re: Marital Vice by Chioma123: 3:33pm On May 15, 2015
this suspense is too much, hp you are feeling well

abeg continue
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 7:44pm On May 16, 2015
------------------------

Christina opened up the bottle of Fayrouz in front of Jummy and placed the bottle opener beside the glass cup on the small wooden table.

"Thank you," Jummy said and poured herself a glassful.

"You're welcome here too," Christina smiled and sat back with her legs tucked in.

Jummy sipped from her glass and put it down, "Hmm, you know what bothers me the most?"

"What's that?"

"It's about this chic, Deola," she started, "You know, I've been worried about her for so long and have always tried getting to know what has been going on but she just shields it off. Says she's fine and all."

Christina took a pause, not knowing whether or not to fill Jummy in on the details. She wouldn't on a good day but even she was getting lost on matters concerning Deola. She was indeed getting through tough times but when she chooses to deal with her life her way, then there was little to do. She had tried talking to Deola to move on with her life by getting a divorce from her dear hubby but the girl had chickened out, saying some blah blah. If she had listened to her, then she had been more than ready to hook Deola up with one of her husband's friends. There was especially one who could take Deola in with her kids but the latter had said she was never going to step into something that would make her children suffer the consequences. For her, what she lived and survived for was has two children. But how about her own life?

Jummy clapped her hands bringing her out of her thoughts, "Hey!"

"She's not fine," Christina said, "As a matter of fact, her husband has proved himself a real time jerk," Chris continued, not caring if it was backbiting or gossip. Deola needed help and she wasn't getting it by sitting at home and rotting away.

-------------------

"What did he say?" Tolu's father asked immediately his wife dropped the call with their second son, Moyo.

"That he's sorry and wished he could help but they haven't gotten their salary for two months now," Mama Tolu explained and put the phone away and lay back on the bed.

"Have you called your son?" Her husband asked after a little pause.

Mama Tolu rolled her eyes at him, "Are you alright? Who did I just speak to?" She said and hissed loudly.

"Have you called Tolu?" He rephrased and sat back on one of the bags in the stuffed up bedroom.

Mama Tolu looked away towards the only window in the room and pulled the large blanket over her feet, "He is busy and moreover he has enough problems."

Her husband scoffed, "And who gave him those problems?"

"Who else if not that his wife, eh?"

"Keep deceiving yourself. Tolu hasn't been sending you money as he used to and you still don't want to face the reality of your mistake. You have successfully plunged his life into a ditch and now you're staying away," he told her in a stern tone and went to reach for his transistor radio beside her on the bed.

"My son will bounce back, just watch as you always have. His life is just getting over bumps," she insisted.

Her husband sneered and walked back to the door, turning to face her with his hand on the doorknob, "You had better fix it," he told her and left the room.

It was her fault that even though their son hadn't clocked thirty yet, he was already struggling with the burdens of a forty year old. Tolu was indeed his son but since he had allowed his mum's words serve as a better advice to him, then he had quit trying to rescue him off the edge. He would just have to learn the hard way.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:15pm On May 16, 2015
CHAPTER TEN

Remi looked up from the dining table hearing his wife's cheerful voice at the door as she ushered the visitor in. He smiled seeing it was his Deola with her kids there.

"I have a perfect timing, I guess," Deola observed seeing the set dining table.

"Yeah, really perfect," Remi said and smiled putting down the spoon beside the plate of fried rice which he had just settled to.

"Good afternoon," she greeted him and he went ahead to say hi to the children.

"How are you? I'm sorry you're the one coming over. Work has been so hectic these past weeks and I couldn't squeeze time to come see you guys," he apologized to her.

"Come on, I'm the one without work so I should be the one to visit. Moreover, today is a Sunday so we're coming here straight from church service."

Rachel then pushed a tramp back out into the living room from the adjacent bedroom where their two month old daughter lay,

"She is so adorable,"Deola remarked and picked up the infant from the tramp.

"I'd get you something to eat so be comfortable," Rachel told her and headed to the kitchen.

After about half an hour and they were all seated in the living room, Remi looked up at Deola who was engrossed in her chat with his wife saying something about how tiring nursing an infant could get and noted the difference between them both. His younger sister looked stressed up, forcing a smile at intervals and trying to no avail to conceal the folds by her lips. The dress she wore was one he recalled she had worn to his wedding ceremony three years ago and her wearing it over again meant she didn't have anything more decent which she could wear to a church service. It was written all over her face that she was having a hard time.

His wife on the other hand was beaming with vivacity. Though he was only a civil engineer and her, a lawyer, that touch of calmness was on her face. He wasn't comfortable seeing his sister who used to be the one giving out her cloths to neighbors, being the one looking stressed out.

"How is Tolu?" He asked her pulling Sonia who had been struggling to get on the sofa up.

Deola nodded, "He's okay. The usual," she told him and looked away.

"The usual?"

"Yeah."

"And the job hunt?"

"Still nothing. They keep telling me they'll get back to me."

"That's the situation we find ourselves in in Nigeria. It's about the survival of the headstrong," Rachel chipped in.

Remi nodded and continued with Deola, "Well, I think you should start up your own pharmacy store. I noticed that place you stay is devoid of a standard pharmacy. You should make a good use of that. I'm thinking you should begin in a little way. What do you think?"

"I've also thought about it before but you know things haven't been so glam and all...." Deola shrugged.

"Why do you think I'm mentioning it now? I could manage setting you up on a little scale for now."

Deola let her mouth open in disbelief, "Really?"

"Yeah, really." Remi said as she smiled brightly. She looked like some trophy had just been handed over to her and he was glad he could do that much for her.

Seyi zipped his bag shut and slung it across his shoulder.

"When will you come again?" Niyi asked him looking gloomy. Seyi had always been his favorite uncle who took him as well as his sister on walks in the evening. He played with them during his free time making them feel so attached to him already.

"I will come on my holiday, okay?" Seyi promised the boy who still kept staring at his bag like he wanted to take it off Seyi's shoulder.

Deola walked out of the bedroom then and saw her children's countenance. Sonia was a lot more cheerful but still chose to hang around her uncle, while her brother wasn't even leaving Seyi for one minute.

"I'd leave now. I don't want to get to campus late," Seyi told her seeing she had reached beside him. His brother wasn't anywhere near even though he had told him he was returning to school that Sunday for the commencement of the second semester. He wondered why Tolu decided not to show up even if for nothing but to drop him off at the bus park.

"Just try hard there, hmm? And be a true great Ife?" She told him and squeezed in some money into his hands, "I know your brother didn't give you much, so make do with this please."

Seyi felt his mouth widen in surprise. He was fully aware of how poor things were becoming in the household and the fact that Deola got most of her money from her brothers wasn't hidden to him so he didn't understand how she could still think of giving him money.

"You needn't bother. I can manage what I have here," he said trying to hand the money back to her.

"Don't be silly. That's not much. It's hardly enough for your transport fare to Ife but you've been of great help around here, so you should please keep that."

Seyi paused for a while looking at her. If only she knew why he ever came here and what his mum always made him do in the bid of what she termed keeping his brother's wife in check. He only wished....'Never mind',he thought to himself.

"What?" Deola asked noting his absent look.

Seyi shook his head, "Nothing. And thank you so much. I'd be able to buy bread for those my roommates," he said smiling.

Deola laughed, "Yeah and say hi to them on our behalf."

"Sure," he picked up the small 'ghana-must-go' bag Deola had stuffed with back-to school stuff for him, "Sonny, I would miss your big cheeks," he joked and tugged at Sonia's cheeks, making her giggle.

"What of me?" Niyi asked him, already missing the latter.

"Take care of Sonny and your mom, okay?" Seyi enjoined the four year old and went up to the door.

"Bye bye," Sonia bade, waving at him.

"Have a safe trip and call when you get to your hostel," Deola enjoined him and turned to Niyi who was silently sullen, "You won't bade him goodbye?"

"Go away," Niyi said and ran into the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

"He is so mad at me," Seyi observed and smiled, "Take care," he finished and left the house.

-----------------------

Tolu shut the door to the second bedroom and saw Deola coming out of the living room moving towards to kitchen,

"Seyi left?" He asked her just before she went into the kitchen.

"Of course. Didn't he tell you he was leaving today?" Deola retorted, surprised by his indifferent intonation.

"It must have skipped my mind," he said simply and went past her into the living room where Niyi and his sister were jumping up and down the sofa.

"Go and sit somewhere!!" Tolu yelled at them both, sending Sonia running to her mother and Niyi going morose on the spot.

"What is your goddamn problem?!" Deola stormed back into the living room with Sonia tagging behind her.

"What do you mean? Your children are disturbing me and I asked them to stay quiet. How is that a problem?"

"My children?! Then what are they to you?!" Deola raised her voice a pitch higher.

"Would you stay quiet? I'm too tired for a word battle with you so take your kids to sleep or something," Tolu said and turned to the television.

"I should...." Deola started in disbelief but held her words in and went straight up to his phone on the center table which had just beeped in a message.

"Put that down," Tolu told her, getting up as she picked it up and read the message.

Hi, I was just checking on you. Do call me back.Love, Clara.

"Who is Clara?" Deola shot at him feeling disgusted.

Tolu snatched the phone from her, "None of your business," he snapped at her.

"Have you become so sordid or you don't feel guilty enough yet? I asked you a question, Tolu and I want a reply with common sense!" Deola continued not ready to drop the exchange. She was done with his irresponsibility. It was bad enough as things were, but him having yet another lady in his life was something she couldn't let go of.

"What? You want to hear it? Alright, Clara is the one person in my life who calms me these past weeks. I have enough headache coping with my mother's hatred of you and your insensibility coupled with Lydia's craziness. And if Clara is my only source of calm now, then you can go to hell yelling!" Tolu shot back at her with the veins in his forehead throbbing as he clenched his fist and turned the glass center table upside down throwing the decorations on it off of it.

"You're the one who should drive to hell!"
She spat out the words in anger holding her forehead as she suddenly felt a migraine within.

"Yeah, I wish I could." Tolu finished and went to pick up his car keys on the dining table, barging out of the apartment.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:19pm On May 16, 2015
kenwins:
@ kizzy.... TWENTY thousand naira for a week or FIFTEEN thousand naira since sunday....which is correct?
Deola STATED and reached for some water.

Kudos dear!
It should be twenty thousand naira. I thought I changed it somewhere.

And thanks for following smiley

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:20pm On May 16, 2015
adeh39:
Chaii! Lydia! U see ur life? I shake my head for u o. U never see anything at all.

Tolu....... I don't even know wat to say....... I think he needs a lot of spanking on his buttocks.

Deola......... I hope God gives her the strength to survive this wahala o.

Kizzy..... Thanks for the updates...... expecting more....
Your punishment for Tolu would be duly met cool
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:22pm On May 16, 2015
Chioma123:
pls more updates and you are doing a fantastic job..................no more ghost mode
Promise about the ghost mode o smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:23pm On May 16, 2015
kitnah:
Continue please grin
I have, sweetheart smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:27pm On May 16, 2015
Akposb:
Actions getting grimmer and realistic. Tolu is just a victim of indecisiveness but the truth is women mostly bear the brunt of such failures. Kids have a right to a good life but its kind of unfortunate that they end up most times in the hands of those who can't take care of them very well.
Lydia's case can just be described as a victim of a deal gone bust. I really hope Deola get a safe landing.

Lydia's deal indeed went bust and I so love your analysis, sir smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:30pm On May 16, 2015
harjibolar10:
Chai... What kind of mother says that, to her own baby?
Lydia, I hope ya yeye mother-in-law was there, when you make that your yeye statement, and see who she has recognised as her daughter in-law, anyways, more is surely coming
Deola, 'omo oku orun' no worry, everything will gonna be alright.
Tolu, God will see you
Mothers like Lydia really exist, dear namesake.
Re: Marital Vice by labaski(f): 8:49pm On May 16, 2015
it is indeed getting hotter. Deola should at least get a life and make Tolu envy her.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:55pm On May 16, 2015
labaski:
it is indeed getting hotter. Deola should at least get a life and make Tolu envy her.
I hope she takes your advice too.
Re: Marital Vice by SmilingB1(f): 1:33pm On May 17, 2015
hmmmmm Mmm Mmm.... It is well Deo la.
Re: Marital Vice by almadebe(f): 3:41pm On May 17, 2015
Beautiful story Uve got kizzy. Kip it up
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 2:49am On May 18, 2015
Christy... Who will want to take in more than one liability at a time, ehn? So, it better you guys find solace wherever it is in this world, and give to your friend there at her husby house...

Tolu... Clara again!! ! Thou, I don't, for once believe you are been push to have that thing with lydia in the first place, now you've confirm and clear my doubt. .. You are such a jerck

Remmy.. . Rachel, I hope you wont be against your husband wish now oo, cos the faith of deola is solely on you now, as your go - ahead is what Remmy need, please don't object.. . And Remmy, please make your decision quick ooo

Mama Tolu.. . Now you know tolu has a problem abi. .. That's just a tip of the ice block jhoor. .. Expect more, whe Clara is introduce to the film

Kizzykeziah. .. Namesake me to gbasky, I don't really know what to write for you now, but.. . You know you have a great work doing here, abi?

Oya contunu, I will buy you. .. .. ... .. (fill in the gap)
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 9:49am On May 18, 2015
TODAY THE VOTING OF MISS NAIRALAND ELIMINATION ROUND 1 COMMENCES AND TWO OF OUR LITERATURE-LANDERS ARE PARTICIPATING..THEY ARE ONE OF US, LET US SHOW THEM SUPPORT BY CLICKING THIS LINK
https://www.nairaland.com/2320383/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination
AND TYPE:
I VOTE ADEH39
I VOTE MARIAMFERANMI cc:nljega

Tanx for your coperation
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 3:15pm On May 18, 2015
harjibolar10:
Christy... Who will want to take in more than one liability at a time, ehn? So, it better you guys find solace wherever it is in this world, and give to your friend there at her husby house...

Tolu... Clara again!! ! Thou, I don't, for once believe you are been push to have that thing with lydia in the first place, now you've confirm and clear my doubt. .. You are such a jerck

Remmy.. . Rachel, I hope you wont be against your husband wish now oo, cos the faith of deola is solely on you now, as your go - ahead is what Remmy need, please don't object.. . And Remmy, please make your decision quick ooo

Mama Tolu.. . Now you know tolu has a problem abi. .. That's just a tip of the ice block jhoor. .. Expect more, whe Clara is introduce to the film

Kizzykeziah. .. Namesake me to gbasky, I don't really know what to write for you now, but.. . You know you have a great work doing here, abi?

Oya contunu, I will buy you. .. .. ... .. (fill in the gap)
Buy me what ehn?? cheesy
Re: Marital Vice by Chioma123: 7:17pm On May 18, 2015
this story is ehen .... no words to describe it

its flawless, the characters are ..................... whao

but we all fail to recognise that the real enemy here is not Mama Tolu, but her friend who is manipulating the situation to suit her, since Mama tolu has failed to appreciate wht she has

life

marriage

its survival

indeed a game of thrones

kizzykeziah, take your writings seriously, you are going to bigger than the adiches....... twale

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 10:11am On May 19, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Buy me what ehn?? cheesy
That's a Blank cheque mehn. .. Just name it
Re: Marital Vice by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 19, 2015
HELLO MY FELLOW LITERATURELANDERS, THIS
IS ADEH39, SHE'S ONE OF THE LADIES
CONTESTING FOR THE MISS NAIRALAND
POSITION. I WANT TO SAY A VERY BIG AND
SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU ALL....... YOU GUYS
REALLY MADE MY DAY. I MADE IT TO THE
THIRD ROUND!!!!!!!!!! I GOT THE SIXTH
POSITION...... 122 VOTES. I DIDN'T DO IT
ALONE, YOU WERE THE ONES THAT MADE IT
POSSIBLE. I AM REALLY HAPPY. I REALLY
APPRECIATE IT. YOU GUYS ARE ONE IN A
TRILLION. PLEASE I STILL NEED YOUR
SUPPORTS...... TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!
PLEASE PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE TOMORROW
TOO. PLEASE LITERATURELANDERS ARE MORE
THAN 122, KINDLY CAST YOUR VOTES FOR ME
TOMORROW. 122 VOTES WON'T TAKE ME TO
THE NEXT ROUND TOMORROW!!!! PLEASE I
KNOW YOU GUYS CAN DO IT, YOU MADE IT
HAPPEN LAST YEAR, MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS
YEAR TOO. PLEASE SUPPORT ME BY VOTING
FOR ME.

KINDLY CLICK ON THIS LINK AND VOTE ADEH39

https://www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-final#33908984
Re: Marital Vice by Brownish24(f): 11:32pm On May 19, 2015
I love this story,pls updated.
Re: Marital Vice by Doughyeenbae(f): 8:47am On May 20, 2015
Deola brought this upon herself.. my opinion... having two kids in quick succession.. no job and at such a young age...wah was she thinking?..
I pray she gets help fast.
Re: Marital Vice by Onemansquad(m): 9:55am On May 20, 2015
It has started guys. 9am don reach and voting has started and as agreed, Adeh39 and Aipete2 must make it to the finals. They are in the semi- final already, and only your vote could make the progress to the final. Just type: I vote aipete2, adeh39 Cc: Nljega Your votes count. These two ladies are users of this section, let the crown return to the literature section... Voting thread: http:// www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland- contest-2015-final/2
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:56pm On May 22, 2015
Doughyeenbae:
Deola brought this upon herself.. my opinion... having two kids in quick succession.. no job and at such a young age...wah was she thinking?..
I pray she gets help fast.

You really think so?
I pray your prayer gets answered too o
Re: Marital Vice by MannyAgyeiK: 11:13pm On May 24, 2015
It's such a pity that this woman is suffering under the pain caused by a buffoon. Aaba! Deola. Can life get any worse? Just cause she chose to date a broke fella she helped. My sisters, take note. Don't let love blind you to realities. Had she married a guy of her standing, she would be chilling, even with the loss of her parents. Security is first priority when going into relationship. Now the idiiiiot's pathetic family have infected her fate with the bad luck that made them poor. Mtcheeeeeew. Now, juju is turning Tolu into a demented grasscutter.
Re: Marital Vice by MannyAgyeiK: 11:26pm On May 24, 2015
Okay, kind of harsh. But what my fellow men do to women disgusts me. Ah. I know women are money chasers (e.g. Lydia) and their own enemy(e.g. Mama Tolu, Iya Ruka), as the story has shown but men being willing collaborators is just awful. Tolu, just zip it. Yes, I mean, your mouth and another place I won't mention. Deola chose love over comfort and is paying for it. It's just not fair. Hmmmm. Anyway, this story's larger than life approach is good. The OP should keep it up. Ghana boy say so. But I hope this pharmacy thing comes to pass. Tolu can waste his waist for all I blooody care.

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 11:42pm On May 28, 2015
Hello, dearest followers smiley. I'm taking this time out of my new jammed schedule to promise you guys that I won't dump this piece (hopefully). smiley

My school resumed like two weeks ago and registrations upon registrations haven't given me enough time to come down here. sad

So to you all, I owe you an apology but don't unfollow o embarassed .Since I could take time to type this, you should guess that I'm dropping an update anytime from now. smiley

My namesake, harjibolar10, thanks to you too for staying around. cool
All of thou, KUMASIMIDA, SARANGHEAYO! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Hello, dearest followers smiley. I'm taking this time out of my new jammed schedule to promise you guys that I won't dump this piece (hopefully). smiley

My school resumed like two weeks ago and registrations upon registrations haven't given me enough time to come down here. sad

So to you all, I owe you an apology but don't unfollow o embarassed .Since I could take time to type this, you should guess that I'm dropping an update anytime from now. smiley

My namesake, harjibolar10, thanks to you too for staying around. cool
All of thou, KUMASIMIDA, SARANGHEAYO! THANK YOU, GOD BLESS YOU kiss kiss
You welcome jare
How is the school stuff going?

We are in Nigeria woman
Re: Marital Vice by old2boy(m): 11:45am On Jun 04, 2015
Hi Kizzy, We understand school work can pile up but pls do drop an update. Good story that must not die off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.