Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,724 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Marital Vice - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marital Vice (58220 Views)

MARITAL SHAMBLES (COMPLETED) / Pre-marital Sex; The Underestimated Evil. / Marital Shambles - The Crumbs Of A Happy Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
Oche211:

kizzy is in school nw. She'll update as soon as she's free for the semester. Stay tuned....
Thanks P. R. O. 1

Jahbless
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Chapter Eleven

Clank......
Lydia jumped off the king sized bed on hearing the sound. It had come from the kitchen most definitely. She looked back to the bed and saw that Tolu wasn't back yet. He was getting crazier by the day, she thought to herself and tied a wrapper about her waist before leaving the bedroom to check where the noise came from.

She carefully moved her hand on the wall along the corridor to check where the light switch was and put it on. Looking around, she tried fixing where the sound could have come from and checked into the room of her kids to meet them sprawled over the bed, fast asleep. She had nearly shut the door close when she suddenly recollected that she had "August visitors" and they weren't on the bed where she thought they had fallen asleep earlier before she retired to bed.

"So they've become rats in my house, eh?!" Lydia burst angrily and turned around and out of the bedroom to see Niyi and his sister trying to get out of the kitchen quietly.

"Are the both of you normal?!!!!" She yelled in a tone that sent shivers down the spine of the siblings.

Niyi raised his eyes to her and brought them down almost immediately seeing how fiery she looked. It was no use explaining they didn't mean to rouse her from her sweet sleep and he was only trying to get Sonia a glass of water since she complained of feeling stuffed and cold. He was simply trying to take care of his sister and had asked her to stay back in the bedroom but she'd insisted on coming with him saying she was scared of being alone. Now they'd both have to get told the histories of their life. He only prayed it'd end real quick since he still hadn't gotten the water for Sonia.

"Don't act like dumb fools. I know you're smarter than you're looking now most especially you pigheaded boy," Lydia continued pointing straight at Niyi with her fingers touching his forehead.

Gathering all the boyish courage he could muster, Niyi looked straight up at Lydia and spoke in defense of himself, "Sonia wanted to drink water and I didn't know where to get for her."

Lydia hissed loudly, "So you took these two unfortunate feet of yours into my kitchen?! Is this what your witch mother asked you to do, eh? You want to drop something in my pot and kill me as well as my children?!" Lydia thundered.

Sonia kept her eyes down, all of a sudden scared of her dad's mistress. She wished her mum was there to pull her close and tell her everything was fine the way she always did.
All of a sudden, she couldn't get anymore breaths and began gasping.

"Niyi.....my....." She started clutching her chest and sank back slowly falling back onto the floor.

Screaming loudly, Niyi ran to her side not knowing what had happened to her. She wasn't sick and so he didn't understand why she was laying there gasping with very short breaths taken rapidly.

"My sister!" Her brother let out, confused before turning to the stone-cold figure before them, "Please, give us water...." Niyi pleaded with his eyes already filled with tears.

Lydia looked down at them both and let her mouth open. She also couldn't understand what could prompt whatever "drama" was being unveiled before her now but she wasn't ready to buy their acting skills.

Turning about, she kicked Niyi out of her way and went ahead to shut the door that led into the kitchen before walking past them and over back into the bedroom.
She almost froze however when she heard the front door open to let Tolu in who gave out a very loud yell on seeing both his children there, one unconscious and the other sobbing, trying to resuscitate his sister.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tolu sighed over again when the nurse at the reception desk told him to keep calm and the doctor would join him shortly. He'd been pacing about the hospital's reception for nearly four hours expecting the old doctor who went into the theatre after Sonia was wheeled in there on emergency to come out.
He couldn't even think for now. Whatever was wrong with his baby girl was unfathomable to him? She was a really strong girl and always had that cheerful expression on her face. He just didn't.......

"That's him over there," he heard the nurse say and looked up to see the doctor.

"Sir, my daughter?"

"We tried our best and she's breathing now, thankfully." The doctor approached him patting his back gently, trying to calm him down seeing the fear that was written over his face.

Tolu heaved slowly and closed his eyes briefly.

"I'd like to have a word with you anyways. Your daughter might not be totally out of the loop. We'd discuss that in my office," the older man continued as he led the way into his office adjacent to the hospital's reception.

Tolu looked over to Niyi who had stayed silent all the while waiting alongside his dad. The boy had also gotten off the chair he had stuck his bum to all along and followed his father's beckon to come with.

"Is this your son also?" Dr. Adelola asked as soon as they were seated.

"Yes. He's her immediate elder brother."

"Good. Young man, what's your name?" He turned his attention to Niyi who folded his palms together trying to keep warm.

"Niyi, sir."

He nodded smilingly, "I hope you don't bother your sister a lot. What's her name?"

"Sonny."

"She's a pretty little girl with a pretty name too then. Kids like her are just unfortunate victims."

"She takes after her mother in that respect," Tolu had let out before recollecting he hadn't even called Deola in the whole event.

Dr. Aladelola adjusted his glasses on the rim of his nose and clasped his palms together,
"Sonny had a sudden cardiac arrest(SCA). It's not exactly a heart attack and could have various causes. Sonia's seems to be LQTS. That is Long QT syndrome but I can't conclude on that yet since the chances are one in seven thousand children so we'd have to run tests on her just to know how to manage it well. Are you still with me?" He asked Tolu noting his absentmindedness.

Tolu nodded, "She'll be fine?"

"Of course. You shouldn't get so worked up. Are you a Christian?"

Tolu scoffed and rubbed his palms together, "You could say so. I go to church...... at times," he added.

"How about their mother?" He continued having a strong feeling he had a duty to perform for the young man sitting opposite him. He had been about to leave the hospital premises when he saw him rush into the hospital with his daughter drooping across his shoulder and the son running closely behind. Whatever had led to the girl losing consciousness, he had prayed within him to be able to resuscitate her in the operating theatre.

Tolu hesitated for a while and looked over at Niyi before looking back at the glass table, "She's......fine."

"I hope you won't think me a nosy old man if I ask you why she didn't come with you."

"We're good actually. She just stayed back at home because of her panic," he said keeping his eyes from the doctors'.

The doctor nodded. He could see clearly that Tolu wasn't been sincere in his replies and thought it needful to get involved in his life.

"Tell her not to worry when next you see her and do let me have both your phone numbers so as to communicate the release of the test results to you. I hope you don't mind." He asked bringing out his BlackBerry smartphone and handing it out to Tolu.

Tolu took the phone and typed his number first, hesitating whether or not to type Deola's. He hadn't spoken to her in almost two weeks now and didn't know how to explain to her that their daughter was having cardiac attacks in a fortnight of withdrawing her from her mother. He'd just have to pray she had the strength to withstand the news.

"So that'll be it for now. You can check on Sonny now and come to take her later, okay?" He told Niyi who looked indifferent.
His sister had gone lifeless in his hands and he had been unable to do anything. Looking at his father now, he could do nothing but blame him and hate him. He knew nothing about Sonny and had taken them both away from their mum only for her to get sick under their step mom. He could only tag Sonia getting "sick" to emotional discomfort and nothing more.

"Thank you, sir." Tolu said stretching his right hand out to the doctor which he received smiling.

"My pleasure. Let me lead you to her in the kid's ward," the doctor offered and led them both back out of his office, knowing he had an assignment to fulfill now.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ahem....

Errr.....

So that'll be the update I have for now, thanks to our "mid-semester" break(You can ask our management what that means.)

So shout-out to my namesake, harjibolar10. You're the best...muah. But you still owe me on the bet o wink

Oche211, I definitely owe you one smiley
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ayam blushing cheesy
kizzykeziah:

So shout-out to my namesake, harjibolar10. You're the best...muah. But you still owe me on the bet o wink

24hours, remember? 6:55pm - 6:54pm? And after 9:00pm?... Mehn, we'll discuss that later

Now back to biz, if something (more) bad should happen to that small madam ehn, kizzykeziah, no... sorry, Lydia, I won't forgive yah ooo

This is what happen, in a broken marriage, it's always the kids that do fall victims, and if the victimization doesn't break such kid, it will makes them somehow cruel and... . Put that one ya self abeg.

Now, I hope this situation don't change Niyi to the negative ooo

Aunty, welcome back... I won't pray make you people no resume again, but I will stylishly pray, make you no resume on time.. . One man loss ehn, it's another man gain #wink.. . Don't crucify me oo, I don't know how it feel, to be in an unnecessary holiday, as I already told you, I don't go school....

By the way, you are welcome ooo
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
Chai, see as person pikin dey suffer. I pity them.
These re part of d numerous problems of polygamy. Bt come to think of it, dis Lydia dey very wicked nd heartless oo.
I really pity Niyi nd Sonny. Sufferin 4 what isn't their fault. Deola had better taken Tolu to court ASAP to claim custody of those innocent kids.
Thanks for the update kizzy.
* i'm breakin protocol 4 kizzy. Even though mama Tolu nd Lydia haven't been disgraced, barman, give kizzy a drink with pepper soup. Harjibolar10, i see u 4 my front. Abeg shift small make me nd hennyhorlah see more clearly*
nice update kizzy
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
harjibolar10:
Thanks P. R. O. 1

Jahbless
u re welcome. Thanks 4 following dis great story.
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Ahem....

Errr.....

So that'll be the update I have for now, thanks to our "mid-semester" break(You can ask our management what that means.)

Oche211, I definitely owe you one smiley
thanks madam. U re welcome back. I've been keepin vigil on dis thread with my popcorn cone in hand. So more update pls.
Seems ur school wants to turn dis semester to a football match o. Which one come be "mid-semester" break. Shey na match wey dem dey give "half time".
Pray d second half won't be as long as d first sha.
Pls, a little more update as u re free 4 nw. Welcome back.
Re: Marital Vice by folake25(f): 5:14am On Jul 17, 2015
I have missed you kizzykeziah. how is school?
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 6:23am On Jul 17, 2015
Oche211:
Chai, see as person pikin dey suffer. I pity them.
These re part of d numerous problems of polygamy. Bt come to think of it, dis Lydia dey very wicked nd heartless oo.
I really pity Niyi nd Sonny. Sufferin 4 what isn't their fault. Deola had better taken Tolu to court ASAP to claim custody of those innocent kids.
Thanks for the update kizzy.
* i'm breakin protocol 4 kizzy. Even though mama Tolu nd Lydia haven't been disgraced, barman, give kizzy a drink with pepper soup. Harjibolar10, i see u 4 my front. Abeg shift small make me nd hennyhorlah see more clearly*
nice update kizzy
Me ayaf shifting ooo
Re: Marital Vice by Kitme(f): 8:22am On Jul 17, 2015
lovely!
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
Oche211:

thanks madam. U re welcome back. I've been keepin vigil on dis thread with my popcorn cone in hand. So more update pls.
Seems ur school wants to turn dis semester to a football match o. Which one come be "mid-semester" break. Shey na match wey dem dey give "half time".
Pray d second half won't be as long as d first sha.
Pls, a little more update as u re free 4 nw. Welcome back.

Thank you. And as for our management and NASU, their matter taya me small.

The second half definitely won't be shorter.

Kitme:
lovely!
Aww, bae. Missed you loads.
How you doing?
Re: Marital Vice by Kitme(f): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Aww, bae. Missed you loads. How you doing?
missed you more! I'm good. How is scul?
Re: Marital Vice by Captainswag225(m): 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
welldone kizzykeziah, the story is very interesting, it looks like a real life story.......its an emotional one which shows how life can be cruel at times. I jux hope at the end of it all adeola and her children will find true happiness, KEEP UP THE GUDWORK O.P
Re: Marital Vice by Ollyfad(f): 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Thank you. And as for our management and NASU, their matter taya me small.

The second half definitely won't be shorter.

Aww, bae. Missed you loads.
How you doing?

the mid semester break is already a week na and its definitely not ending now....give us more update na.....afterall no be everyday person dey c free mid semester break, although dem dey try prove say its not the first time it would be declared....SMH

#waitingformoreupdates
#watchingtoluandlydiain5D
Re: Marital Vice by jezuzboi(m): 1:11am On Jul 22, 2015
So good 2 be back 2 diz stori.
It has taken a brand new dimension.
Well done Kizzy.
Anticipating.........,
Re: Marital Vice by chijudith(f): 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
thanks for the update. are you back from school already?
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
---------------

Dr. Aladelola peeked through the door of the hospital room and saw that the boy had slept off beside his sister, clutching her hands closely.
He moved closer and lifted the boy up onto the other bed in the room. He placed a pillow beneath his head and watched the boy murmur something before falling back to sleep. He had insisted on staying to his father, saying he didn't want to leave his sister alone in the hospital.
After much pleadings, his father had agreed to let him stay when the nurse on duty promised to check on both children intermittently.

The scenario made the doctor recollect his own son playing it out twenty eight years before. Memories rushed forth and a strong feeling of dejavu engulfed the doctor. He had been the one on the sick bed then. After being involved in an auto crash in his froward times, his wife having also left him to wither, he was left with just that kid to pull him back to reality. The kid had been his hope and it broke his heart now to see something similar playing in the life of the parents of these children. It had been tough getting back on track but he knew that was what could be best for the children to have a nearly flawless growing up.

He bent down to Sonny and placed his hand on her forehead calmly,
"I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure you get better. And your mommy will definitely be back. I promise you these in my God's given capacity."

He stayed with both children in the hospital room for a little longer time before a nurse came to call him to attend to some other patients.

--------------

"I'm acknowledging you for whom you are, for what you've ......" Mama Sade mimed as she washed clothes in her apartments' verandah. She paused her singing on hearing a car honk twice at the compound's gate.

"Sade! Sade!! Come check who is at the gate," She shouted to her daughter who had just concluded her final exams in secondary school and was home, expectant of her admission into an higher institution.

It took nearly ten minutes before the teenager strolled out of the apartment with a mobile phone in her hands, giggling as she replied messages on the phone.

"If I take out my slippers and throw it on that your empty head, ori e ma pe wa nisin....your senses would become better activated," Mama Sade yelled at the girl who kept a safe distance from her mom.
"I did not hear what you said I should come to see," Sade began putting her phone away and stepping farther away. She knew just how much her mom could get provoked.

"SADE?! I will....." Mama Sade started but had hardly issued the threat before the gate creaked open to let someone in. Someone.... This was evidently Baba Niyi, Mama Sade thought squinting through the bright sunlight rays.

Tolu, who turned out to be the visitor moved closer to the duo and said his greetings, putting on a casual smile.

Mama Sade took her hands out of the soapy water and wiped them dry with a nearby cloth,
"Baba Niyi, is this you?" She started, straightening herself to meet his height while he stepped up onto the verandah.

"Yes ma. How are things? Sade, how are you too?"

Sade bowed slightly, "Fine, sir."

"Baba Niyi, why haven't we seen you in such a long while? Have things gotten that sour?"
Tolu shook his head calmly and smiled, "I've been busy. Is Deola in?" He asked before his neighbor could chip in any more questions.

Mama Sade paused and crossed her arms, "Are you telling me you don't know that your wife moved out of this compound just two days ago?"

"What the....?!" Tolu couldn't believe his ears and wasn't listening to anymore tattling of Mama Sade before barging into their apartment. It had to be some sort of lame prank, he kept assuring himself and fondled for the keys from the bunch in his pocket.

He was however met with the greatest surprise when he opened the door to meet the apartment practically empty. Deola had left and taken every single attachment of hers along. There was still the furniture but it was apparent that whosoever had been there last had left only what belonged to him. She took all that belonged to her, that which she purchased herself and left his as well as the kids'.

But why now?.....

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kay, she's gone." Tolu said for the umpteenth time as he swallowed the bitter contents of his cup hurriedly.

"She can't be gone. Have you called her phone numbers?" Kay asked sitting up right in his chair.

Tolu nodded, "Both aren't going through."

"How about her family?"

"They aren't picking up either. Moreover, I've messed up so bad that they don't welcome me in their houses," Tolu lamented.

"But you still have the right to know her whereabouts. Why not go to the oldest of them and get words out of him?" Kay proposed. Tolu had suddenly come over to his house looking like a man that would fall dead at any moment, saying he couldn't do it anymore. He had then proposed he took a drink which Tolu had reluctantly agreed to. His thoughts needed to be cleared, Kay had insisted.

"I don't know, man. Sonny is ill, terribly so and I need Deola there for her kids. Lydia is being a b-itch to them and I can't stand that any more."

"You don't need to get worked up. The kid will be fine."

"Living has been hard, Kay. Deola has taken the part of me that chooses to live. I just wish it all goes back to default." Tolu finally let out.
The past six years had really been meaningless to him. He kept reaching the edge and managing on his own to pick things up. Doing it alone hadn't been so awesome. He recollected their last conversation and wished she had taken his words as mere babblings. But she wouldn't. She was just headstrong. She could have come after him for the kids. She could have done something, anything but not this. This was torture. This was hell.

"We'll find her." Kay reassured him.

Tolu nodded and put his head against the table, holding back the tears from spilling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
chijudith:
thanks for the update. are you back from school already?
Yes, ma'am and I'm back to school now as well so I'm not sure when next I'm updating.
Re: Marital Vice by Akposb(m): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Update just keep getting better. Hoping for the next.
Re: Marital Vice by chijudith(f): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Yes, ma'am and I'm back to school now as well so I'm not sure when next I'm updating.

thanks all thesame. your story is an inspiring one
Re: Marital Vice by old2boy(m): 12:47am On Jul 27, 2015
Great updates. Kizzy, exams comes after mid- semester and here is wishing you success. Please do find time to drop some more updates immediately after your exams.
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
You don't know what you've got, till it's gone....

Another namesake is a counterfeit

Thanks for the update
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wishing everyone on this thread a happy new month. I pray that Baba God will grant u all ur heart desires this month.
Kezzy, how's skul going? make u no 4get us ooo.
Re: Marital Vice by kinah(f): 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2015
Shey Na like dis e go dey?

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
kinah:
Shey Na like dis e go dey?

Maybe not ................
cool
Re: Marital Vice by kinah(f): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Maybe not ................
cool

then prove us wrong!

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
Chapter Twelve

"Kenny, it's Daddy and Niyi." Taiwo chimed excitedly as he peered through the curtains to see his dad's car being parked.

He could see his step brother follow their father as they made for the door. He jumped off the sofa he had climbed to have a better view and ran to the door to unlock it before his twin beat him to it. They both hauled the metal door open beaming at their dad and brother.

"Welcome!" They said in synchronization.

Their mom hissed loudly where she sat. It was terribly unfortunate that the twins were becoming more idiotic by the day. They weren't listening to her anymore and enjoyed the company of "that woman's children" (as she normally addressed Niyi and his sister) more than anything else. Kenny was always hovering around his stepsister treating her like some princess and the same went for Taiwo. They weren't being the least reasonable. Idiots they were. She however didn't have the time for brainwashing just yet. She would just let it be and make up something later to make her boys hate them as much as they were loving them now. It was just a thin line between love and hate anyways.

"Daddy, where is Sonia?" Kenny asked worriedly before Tolu could settle down on a sofa.

"She's sick. You two should pray for her now. You know she's our princess," Tolu enjoined the boys casting a glance at Niyi who was still standing by the wall, his head hung down.

"Can we come to see her with you another time?" Taiwo asked this time and simply got a nod from his father who lounged his head backwards.

Still not uttering a word to her husband, Lydia burst into singing though it didn't exactly contain rhythm,
"When they thought it was over
God proved them wrong
He gave them what would shut them up
And now they're finally done for
Lord, don't give my enemies peace
They shall be rushed from place to place
And end up ruining themselves......"

She continued the rambling of words as she left the living room pausing beside Niyi to eye him furtively.

The boy had to shut his eyes to hold in his rage as everything in him wanted to attack her at that point. He hated her now.

--------------------

Tolu held his fingers locked in and said a silent prayer as he settled in his office. He was losing his touch at work and had been refused promotion over and over again that most of his juniors initially were now his bosses in the company.

The intercoms' ringing however curbed him from drowning in his usual self mortification.

"No problem. Whoever it is is welcome." He said into the receiver and dropped it.

He totally wanted to believe it would be Deola that would want to see him but even now he had to laugh at his hopelessness. She was gone. She didn't even think about her kids, why then would she come around to check on him?

"Hello, buddy." A familiar voice rang into his ears and jolted him up.

"Tayo?" He said slowly getting up from his chair.

"Yeah, that's me," Tayo smiled widely at him moving towards him.

"I thought you weren't ever....."

"Yeah, I know. I swore I wouldn't interfere but I kept hearing news about how you've been messing up and damn it, I always felt like punching you right up in your guts, you sick S.O.B." Tayo continued and within an eye's blinking, he'd punched Tolu in his guts.

"Awww! That hurt a lot." Tolu said finding his smile.

"Yeah, you deserved it. And where's Deola? You'd moved out with the kids, right?" Tayo said settling in on of the clients' chairs.

Tolu simply stood where he was, "I have not a single clue where she is. She just vanished. And you know, our daughter is very ill. She's in intensive care right now and I'm getting tired, really tired man."

"I really don't know why I'm here. You're just getting your piece of crap being loaded back to you. Do you remember how she begged? How I begged? Your dummy self even threw it back at me that I was dating your wife!!!" Tayo fumed slamming his fists together.

"I've always messed up. All my life I have always done that but I always had you then. How do you think I felt when even you swore to leave? Or better still, left?"

"How would I have known? You were so confident."

"It was fake!! I was pleading you not to back off but you did just that. You made me lick my own vomit. My daughter is fighting for her life and I swear that I won't be able to afford the damn fees if it goes on for one more month. I'm breaking within and no one is there to give me a freaking hope. Not even the woman I loved because she very well called my bluff and walked out."
Tayo looked up at his friend and couldn't say any other thing. Leaving him for two years hadn't exactly changed him. It only made him reek to himself.

"Sit and let's talk." He said calmly pointing at Tolu's seat. That was the first step they could take together.

-----------------------------

"I don't want to go back there."

Dr. Aladelola glanced back over his shoulders and realized it was Niyi who spoke.

"Go back where?" He asked him turning to face him fully in the face where the boy sat coyly in the sofa in the doctor's office.

"To that woman." Niyi put straightforwardly staring right ahead.

The doctor looked to where the boy was staring and realized it was just the blank part of the wall. The boy must have been doing a lot of hard thinking for a child of his age.

Dr. Aladelola sighed and moved closer to the boy, crouching beside him, "Why?"

Niyi kept his eyes away for a few moments before bringing it to meet the older man's, "I HATE HER."

Dr. Aladelola found himself lost for words with his mouth left agape. How on earth could he hate? He wasn't even ten yet.

For the past one month, whenever Niyi was dropped off by his dad with his sister, he always took a few hours to study the boy. It wasn't just the ill girl that needed studying. This boy was showing every trait of a child from a broken home. Everything he said, every action he took, every observation he made wasn't for a nine year old. It just wasn't right. The boy needed care, love, hope.

"When last did you see your mother?" The doctor asked him now finally finding his voice.

"I stopped counting last month. It was 486 days then."

"Christ!" The doctor exclaimed. The kid had been numbering days and only stopped when his sister's health gave away.

"What did she promise then?" He probed further.

"Nothing. She was cold. She wasn't even crying like before. She was just....." he paused a bit staring blankly.

"What?"

"Cold...." Niyi finished with the words trail his lips.

"You want to go to her? Should I find her?"

"I wanted that but now can you just make Sonny fine and take us away?" The boy requested and held the doctor's eyes, his pleading for help.

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello, everyone. I must first apologize for err.... not posting all these while. I simply got busy though I always had this in some part of my mind.

For those of you that hung around, thanks a lot.
For the others who unfollowed, I'm sorry bout it.
To y'all, I'd try my utmost to finish up in the next few weeks while I'm free. I'm almost done writing anyways, so thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kinah(f): 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
Tanks for posting
Re: Marital Vice by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Hello, everyone. I must first apologize for err.... not posting all these while. I simply got busy though I always had this in some part of my mind.

For those of you that hung around, thanks a lot.
For the others who unfollowed, I'm sorry bout it.
To y'all, I'd try my utmost to finish up in the next few weeks while I'm free. I'm almost done writing anyways, so thank you all.

I am still following. Weldone
Re: Marital Vice by aprilwise(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Why did u abandon this story for long? Pls come back nd finish cos it has a lot of lessons to learn
Re: Marital Vice by Akposb(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
You are a fine writer and your use of adjectives make every update worth reading. Hoping for a positive realistic ending.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.