Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,557 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Marital Vice - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marital Vice (58102 Views)

MARITAL SHAMBLES (COMPLETED) / Pre-marital Sex; The Underestimated Evil. / Marital Shambles - The Crumbs Of A Happy Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
old2boy:
Hi Kizzy, We understand school work can pile up but pls do drop an update. Good story that must not die off.

School work has definitely been piling up and though it hasn't been coming too easily, I'd most definitely drop an update before the lapse of one hundred and sixty eight hours. So help me God (Amen) * raising my left palm* cool

Thanks for checking here. smiley
Re: Marital Vice by Akposb(m): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
kizzykeziah:

School work has definitely been piling up and though it hasn't been coming too easily, I'd most definitely drop an update before the lapse of one hundred and sixty eight hours. So help me God (Amen) * raising my left palm* cool

Thanks for checking here. smiley
The length of time sounds like a year but do enjoy your time in school. Still hoping for that update sha.

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Akposb:

The length of time sounds like a year but do enjoy your time in school. Still hoping for that update sha.

I wont let the hours become days as long as the NEPA here decides to help my battery's condition.
Btw, I started typing already and still pwomise to keep to my pwomise. cool
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 6:25am On Jun 10, 2015
cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 11:22am On Jun 11, 2015
--------------

"Niyi, come over to the bench with your sister. The sun rays are too bright there," the light skinned lady beckoned to Niyi and his sister while roasting corn on the open barbecue slate.

"I'm hungry," Sonia grumbled to her brother the minute she took her seat on the wooden bench. They had been back from school for over six hours but had to stay out, waiting for either of their parents to come fetch them at the roast corn stand near their school compound.

This was the life they'd had to bear with ever since they moved out of Ikoyi to the outskirts of Lagos the previous year. Their mother now had a mini pharmacy store where the turnover served mostly in feeding them from hand to mouth. Deola had become responsible for seventy to ninety percent of the household's upkeep even before she got the store.

Niyi, now being eight had also become his mother's only companion in terms of understanding. She yelled at him and his kid sister at times out of her frustration but she then would burst into tears and laments leaving the boy to pet his mother with his usual line of "Mummy don't worry. When I grow older, you won't cry again."

Whenever he said that, his mom would pull him into a hug and end up crying more. She got so distracted lately that half the time, it was the security personnel of the elementary school that put calls to her to come pick her kids up.

"I have twenty naira with me. Will you eat biscuit?" Niyi offered his sister calmly. They didn't have breakfast before leaving for school and the money he had with him was meant to serve as his lunch money but since a friend of his had given him part of his lunch, he had thought it better to reserve his own lunch allowance for a situation like this where his mom was either busy, (since she got more customers at that time), or she had gotten carried away again, leaving them to fate.

"I want to go home. Mosquito is biting me," Sonia kept grumbling. She was only six and wasn't ready to care why their parents would enroll them in a school of over twenty kilometers from their house, making them wait till late at night each day before returning home.

Niyi sighed and looked straight ahead into the rising moon. It must have gotten really late, probably eight p.m and there was still no sign of their mom......or dad.

"I want to go home," Sonia continued.

"Let's go. Mummy may have forgotten again. We'll beg the bus conductor to give us a ride with the twenty naira. We can trek home from the bus stop then," Niyi suggested to his sister who beamed and got off the bench with her schoolbag.

"Look at her face," Niyi tugged at her cheeks and also reached for his schoolbag.

The woman whom they had sat at her stall turned to look at the siblings now. She had been listening to their conversation for a while now and shook her head. The children looked so piteous that she at times wondered why God gave such adorable kids to non worthy parents.

"Sonny, come and take this." She beckoned reaching for a piece of roast corn to hand to the lass.

Sonia stared first at her brother who had given her the bad eye not to receive it. Their mum had always emphasized the rule of not receiving things from strangers, but the lady wasn't a stranger to them so she wondered why Niyi wouldn't want her to have it.

"No, thank you," Sonia muttered slowly looking down.

"Don't be silly. Am I a stranger? Take this." Laide, the roast corn seller insisted.

Just then, a car approached with very bright headlamps causing them all to squint through trying to block out the light rays threatening to melt down their retinas.

The car had driven past a few blocks before reversing back to them.

"It's daddy's car," Niyi said excitedly and then ran to the car with his sister following closely.

Tolu hopped out of the red Nissan Altima and pulled the back door open,
"Get in," he said curtly not paying cognizance of the stall lady.

As soon as both kids got into the vehicle, he hopped into the driver's seat and zoomed away leaving the roast corn seller to marvel at the personality of the children's father.

"Nawa o. Orisirisi," she said loudly and hissed as she watched the vehicle speed off.

---------------------

"Who's there?" Taiwo yelled from the huge leather couch where he was watching t.v. He wasn't ready to get off the couch to check who was at the door but now jumped off on hearing his dad's voice at the door.

"Daddy!" He said hopping to the door to let his dad in as well as two other kids he'd never seen in his five years living.

"Why are you shouting, eh?" His mum, Lydia said strolling out of the bedroom.

Tolu looked over at her before going to sit on the longest couch, "Because he saw his father."

"The useful or useless one?" Lydia muttered more to herself before noticing the children with him.

Eyeing them from head to toe, she looked back at Tolu, "And what's this?"

Not paying her attention, Tolu looked over to Niyi and Sonia, "Greet your step mom."

Niyi looked at the lady with disgust in his eyes. He had heard a lot about her from his mother whenever she was speaking to her friends or brothers. Seeing her in real life now was sickening. The lady that took his dad from his mom.

"Did your mother not teach you manners? Look at them staring like frogs." Lydia hissed loudly, "What are they doing in my house?" She asked again turning to Tolu.

"They're here to stay so get used to it." Tolu stated and relaxed into the couch, shutting his eyes.

"Are you alright? Don't they have their own mother or since when did I tell you I included 'Babysitting' in my resumé?"

Niyi looked at the duo with anger. Why was his dad saying they were there to stay? How about his mother? Did his mother move out or did she travel somewhere?

He had barely said anything when Sonia beat him to it,

"I want to go home to my mummy." Sonia told Tolu who let his eyes open briefly and then shut it back.

"Your mummy is not at home." He told her simply. He had a particular fondness of the girl, maybe because she looked just as beautiful as her mother. She looked as though Deola had spat her out taking after her in nearly every respect.
And why was he still thinking about Deola's beauty when he just had a brawl with her barely three hours to the time?

He wasn't ready to think about what ensued that afternoon when he went home to check on Deola. They had exchanged words and she had moved out. Or rather, he had asked her to move out before he got back.

He was fed up of coping and didn't want to any longer. He'd have loved to start up a new life with someone else but taking a last advice from Tayo, he didn't.

He stood up now, ignoring Lydia's calls to come and clear his stupid talks and went out to the verandah. He needed air now, silently praying Deola didn't call his bluff.

2 Likes

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2015
harjibolar10:
cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I beat 168 hours finally.

It can't be longer because of our power outage and I need to save my battery.

So guys, just malage am smiley
Re: Marital Vice by aprilwise(m): 11:53am On Jun 11, 2015
This story has a lot of moral lesson to learn at the end. Infact I ve learnt some already. It is a wonderful masterpiece.
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 1:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
kizzykeziah:

I beat 168 hours finally.

It can't be longer because of our power outage and I need to save my battery.

So guys, just malage am smiley
Okay now, we will still manage it...

Meanwhile...
So, lydia and her mother inlaw have gone this far; to the extent of pocketing that yeye tolu or whatsoever he called himself.

'oojiya o lo gbon' abeg who's your teacher? Deola, na endurance pay most oooo

Niyi darling, worry not, you will soon grow and your mum will cry no more

Keziah, ah swear you no try at all, but I will keep am sha, on the other hand, thanks for the update
Re: Marital Vice by ahmanim: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
kizzy, kizzy, kizzy. Abeg i no no whether to thank u for this update now as u don increase curiousity level. i tot i will b reading a complete chapter. Anyhow, thank u small. Take ur time, we will b waiting patiently for a filling update soonest. All d best in ur akada
Re: Marital Vice by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
so this guy no get sense still, thinking of marry anoda wife again, I pity your condition, abeg let d children b wit their mother o, I hate stories of evil step mothers and Deola should b d woman and take care of her children not neglecting them for a nuisance father lyk dt, weldone keziah
Re: Marital Vice by chijudith(f): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
thanks thanks but ur update came very late
Re: Marital Vice by ayox1(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tolu is a dog real dog. Stupid boy. He will surely fall into d abyss of destruction with d way he is living his life. Waow Kizzy well done ooo May d Almighty God crown ur effort with success nd my. (Amen).
Re: Marital Vice by ayox1(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
As 4 Deola, I pity 4 her life because of stupid love she went 2 marry a low life person. Sha wake up. Ode oshi
Re: Marital Vice by old2boy(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2015
Well done! You will make money from writing suspense novels one day if you keep this up. Do not rush to the end and the morals, fill us up with consequences and attempts to right the wrongs of the past. Good story.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2015
Errrm...I intended to have made the update a little longer but due to ahem...bad network, no light....Just to mention but a few. So bear with that for now.

Thank y'all for staying around. Love you xoxo.... smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2015
ahmanim:
kizzy, kizzy, kizzy. Abeg i no no whether to thank u for this update now as u don increase curiousity level. i tot i will b reading a complete chapter. Anyhow, thank u small. Take ur time, we will b waiting patiently for a filling update soonest. All d best in ur akada

Thank me small? embarassed
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:39am On Jun 13, 2015
aprilwise:
This story has a lot of moral lesson to learn at the end. Infact I ve learnt some already. It is a wonderful masterpiece.
I'm glad I could impact lessons in my own little way. Makes the reason I started writing worth it now. Kumao!
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:42am On Jun 13, 2015
harjibolar10:
Okay now, we will still manage it...

Meanwhile...
So, lydia and her mother inlaw have gone this far; to the extent of pocketing that yeye tolu or whatsoever he called himself.

'oojiya o lo gbon' abeg who's your teacher? Deola, na endurance pay most oooo

Niyi darling, worry not, you will soon grow and your mum will cry no more

Keziah, ah swear you no try at all, but I will keep am sha, on the other hand, thanks for the update
Namesake mi to sure! I'll update this soooooon....
The network is a little tolerable so I'm hoping it lasts a while. Kamsahamnida.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:45am On Jun 13, 2015
adefunke62:
so this guy no get sense still, thinking of marry anoda wife again, I pity your condition, abeg let d children b wit their mother o, I hate stories of evil step mothers and Deola should b d woman and take care of her children not neglecting them for a nuisance father lyk dt, weldone keziah
Thanks and don't conclude on it all yet o.
I'll clear it up in a while since I hope to type up anytime now.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:46am On Jun 13, 2015
chijudith:
thanks thanks but ur update came very late

Ouch! Sorry......
Re: Marital Vice by Akposb(m): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
So sad at the turn of events.
Another good update from the writer.
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
From the writer of the blockbuster, eothen - our losses, comes another great story. Just joining the party nw. Hope i am not too late sha?. Make i nw go start reading 4rm d beginning. Catch up with una later. * move my seat to the front. Make nobody disturb me jare *
Re: Marital Vice by labaski(f): 11:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
Tolu is just so so silly. how could he have asked Deola to pack out leaving her kids behind?? OMG!! I wish I could break his head right now..
Re: Marital Vice by Clarakings(f): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2015
Good story line Kizzykeziah, keep it up. More pls!
Re: Marital Vice by lenmafon: 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
singing *all we are saying, come and update* , babe how dey na? just take ur time o and no rush, we go wait but try o! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
Finally seated at d front with my popcorn. Will order 4 drinks when mama Tolu is put to shame.
Tolu messed up big time. This isn't abt him being controlled cos he allowed it.
Marriage requires all round maturity, Mental, emotional etc. Imagine gettin marriage at 26 nd bcomin a polygamist b4 30.
I pity Deola nd i see her havin d last laugh.
Mama Tolu go see confirm pepper.
Keep up d good work, kizzykekiah nd how's school going?
*cross my legs eatin my popcorn nd watch d whole drama unfold*
Re: Marital Vice by Bhummieluv(f): 10:41am On Jun 22, 2015
Nyc storyline
Re: Marital Vice by Hennyhorlah(f): 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
Oche211:
Finally seated at d front with my popcorn. Will order 4 drinks when mama Tolu is put to shame.
Tolu messed up big time. This isn't abt him being controlled cos he allowed it.
Marriage requires all round maturity, Mental, emotional etc. Imagine gettin marriage at 26 nd bcomin a polygamist b4 30.
I pity Deola nd i see her havin d last laugh.
Mama Tolu go see confirm pepper.
Keep up d good work, kizzykekiah nd how's school going?
*cross my legs eatin my popcorn nd watch d whole drama unfold*

make i come join u?
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 9:08am On Jul 03, 2015
Hennyhorlah:

make i come join u?
you re free to join me dear.
*to my next seat neighbour, "shift, vvip dey come join u"*
Hennyhorlah dear, make u take ur pop corn nd enjoy d show. Drink dey come immediately mama Tolu is put to shame.
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 9:59am On Jul 03, 2015
Harjibolar was here
Re: Marital Vice by chijudith(f): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
wats taking this story so long na. abeg kizzy no make us loose interest ooo!!!!
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
chijudith:
wats taking this story so long na. abeg kizzy no make us loose interest ooo!!!!
kizzy is in school nw. She'll update as soon as she's free for the semester. Stay tuned....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.