Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC (1911 Views)

Nigerians React As President Buhari Resumes Office Today / BREAKING: Buhari Reveals Secrets At Emergency Meeting / 'Just Wait'... ISIS Reveals It Has Smuggled Thousands Of Extremists Into Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by sharebite: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
In one of his first full interviews as President-elect, Gen. Muhammudu Buhari discusses how he plans to tackle Boko Haram while also warning Nigerians not to expect a miracle when his administration tackles the menace.

The interview which was conducted by the BBC’s Peter okwoche questions about the gesture of President Goodluck Jonathan in congratulating him on his victory and his thoughts about Boko Haram were thrown at the General.

In the interview the General says he feels fulfilled in acheiving his goal after four attempts in becoming president (2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015).

the interviewer asked: “were you surprised when President Goodluck Jonathan called you to concede defeat and say congratulations because thats a new thing here in Nigeria”?

Buhari replied: “I am not surprised because he (Jonathan) has been talking to international community; United States especially Britain and I think he is respectful of those countries and their leadership but it was something extraordinary thaty as commander in Chief and President that he should allow the law to take its course, let the Nigerian election be conducted according to law. That is all they asked him”

He added; ” he signed an undertaking and I think he did his best”

When asked about how he would go about fulfilling his promises to Nigerians, Buhari replied; “I wouldn’t have made the promises if I don’t know how to go about it. We identified a number of problems that is insecurity in the country which everybody knows; the lack of employment which is the situation of the economy generally by corruption and corruption itself”

“This three fundamental problems, Nigerians know it and we are asking Nigerians for their cooperation and they should’t expect miracles to happen a couple of months later because the situation took so many years which is 16 years of the ruling party’s rule of this country”.

He also expressed believe that Nigerians will give he and his administration the opportunities to do what they can.

Buhari was asked what tactics his adminstration will use to tackle Boko Haram; “peaceful negotiations or hitting them hard” in which he asked “Hitting them with what?

He continued: “Boko Haram by the 14th of February at the elections that was postponed, were according to government calculations were in charge of fourteen local governments. These are 14 local governments out of 774 local governments.

“If for five, six years the law enforcement agencies including the military could not secure fourteen local governments out of 774, how can I promise miracles when i come?”

He added: “But with the cooperation of our neigbours; Cameroon, Niger, Chad and the international community and the commitment we are going to get from the military, it will take us a much shorter time to deal with them”

When told his party members are as corrupt as those he plans to fight against and asked if he would corruption to its fullest, Buhari said “I hope you (the interviewer) and Nigerians will give me the opportunity to see whether me effort will be good enough or not”

See the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8Mw5UCdfo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 02, 2015
Damn this man is brilliant...haters can go and kiss hot iron....

Wakacome

mensdept:
Where's the brilliance? Reminds me of 1985 all over again.

You folks have low standards
[b]Is nigeria of 1985 not better than the nigeria we know now??be sincere and give a honest answer,how much was fuel in 1985 how much is it now??how much was peak milk then and how much is it now?how was power supply then and how is power supply now??,how was corruption then and how is it now??what was the condition of our refineries then and how is it now?how much was a dollar then and how much is it now?how do the nigerian roads look then and how is it now??how was our education then and how is it now??how was our green passport respected then and how is it now??how is unemployment then and how is it now??how was discipline then and how is it now??how was agriculture then and how is it now??if how 1985 was back then is your own definition of low standards then a lot of nigerians are proud to vote for buhari!!!!What standards did GEJ create during his 6years tenure??some of you don't even have job,no power supply,some even had a lot of delay in the university due to ASUU strike and they will still come here and scream GEJ till bla bla nonsense..[/b]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by theorbiters: 12:23am On Apr 02, 2015
The annoying part was when he said, what GEJ did by conceding defeat was nothing extraordinary. I was like WHAT THE FVCK!! Is he high on something. 2011, did he concede defeat when he lost? Nawa o, some people are just really proud sha.

And when asked if he would hit boko haram

He said, "hit them with what?"

Like seriously?!!!!
And he says, if it took the ministry and agencies 6 years to fight boko haram, how do you expect me to promise to end them.

Ha, I thought he said he would fight from the front.
Hmm, he hasn't even assumed office, he is already giving excuses. I wonder why people witch hunted GEJ sef.

Anyway, he is the president elect. Nigeria is watching.

Lalasticalala

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by theorbiters: 12:25am On Apr 02, 2015
wakacome:
Damn this man is brilliant...haters can go and kiss hot iron....

Wakacome

Sorry o, but what is so brilliant about his response? Did you actually watch the interview?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Horus(m): 12:28am On Apr 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUncc8LG4Cc

President-Elect Muhammad Buhari interview with BBC
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by LewisO: 12:32am On Apr 02, 2015
I believe this man can do it, he's a very logical man.

Start your "Change" action my president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by seankafor(m): 12:36am On Apr 02, 2015
we are all eyes.. Time will definetily tell
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by CyberWolf: 12:40am On Apr 02, 2015
I just pray for him to succeed...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 02, 2015
Buhari thankz for using boko_haram on Gej reign just because you didn't win ....am sure now the bombing would stop before 3month of ur reign .... Wish you the things you wished Gej from 2011 to may2015 ... cool
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by kestolove95(m): 12:50am On Apr 02, 2015
Danielstainz:
Buhari thankz for using boko_haram on Gej reign just because you didn't win ....am sure now the bombing would stop before 3month of ur reign .... Wish you the things you wished Gej from 2011 to may2015 ... cool
militants ar re-groupin olready....so let. dem continue killin dem selfs....but dey shud nt forgt who is in power
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Excel23: 12:52am On Apr 02, 2015
No response
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 02, 2015
kestolove95:
militants ar re-groupin olready....so let. dem continue killin dem selfs....but dey shud nt forgt who is in power
retype your words ..can't you spell?
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Disclaimer: 4:37am On Apr 02, 2015
theorbiters:
The annoying part was when he said, what GEJ did by conceding defeat was nothing extraordinary. I was like WHAT THE FVCK!! Is he high on something. 2011, did he concede defeat when he lost? Nawa o, some people are just really proud sha.

Like seriously?!!!!
And he says, if it took the ministry and agencies 6 years to fight boko haram, how do you expect me to promise to end them.

Hmm, he hasn't even assumed office, he is already giving excuses. I wonder why people witch hunted GEJ sef.

Lalasticalala
"You will never know the true nature of a man until you put HIM in the position of power". Anonymous
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by efilefun(m): 4:39am On Apr 02, 2015
Nice
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by efilefun(m): 4:45am On Apr 02, 2015
Danielstainz:
Smh for you
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by mensdept: 4:52am On Apr 02, 2015
Where's the brilliance? Reminds me of 1985 all over again.

You folks have low standards
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by owobokiri(m): 4:58am On Apr 02, 2015
theorbiters:

Like seriously?!!!!

Lalasticalala

They normally come with an unreasonable quantity of hubris. . There is a reason why some of us wanted to serve them for another four years, that humbling pill called Jonathan. . Throughout the campaign he was acting like a spoilt brat who wanted his ball back. .
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Pavore9: 5:05am On Apr 02, 2015
l just pray and hope he delivers.
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by vanunu: 5:37am On Apr 02, 2015
From this interview one came simply deduce the kind of man this man is. I hope he delivers and I wish him well.
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by tatosh: 7:06am On Apr 02, 2015
Dear Lagosians, now that we have taken out the trash at the Federal Level, let us not dump the trash at our own doorstep Lagos. I can assure you that we will fully regret it.
Four years at this time of our democracy is not a time to experiment with.

Lets go out to Vote Akinwunmi Ambode!

Meanwhile JK is Just Kidding
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2015
theorbiters:

Sorry o, but what is so brilliant about his response? Did you actually watch the interview?
I watched the interview even before most of you saw it on the internet,What I mean is that he is not as clueless as you and jonathan.....
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by theorbiters: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2015
wakacome:
I watched the interview even before most of you saw it on the internet,What I mean is that he is not as clueless as you and jonathan.....
Oh, okay. Just so you know, I watched it live.
Nobody called him clueless....but he is beginning to sound more of a proud empty talker than being real.

Just saying
Re: Buhari Reveals It All In One Of His First Interviews As President Elected BBC by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 02, 2015
theorbiters:

Oh, okay. Just so you know, I watched it live.
Nobody called him clueless....but he is beginning to sound more of a proud empty talker than being real.

Just saying
typical clueless GEJ supporters,Four years will do the talking,we will know whether he is a proud empty talker or not,four years is not far anymore,let us fold our hands and see how it goes!!

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode / Aaaaawww! You Won't Like These President-elect GMB Pics(photos) / Throwback: IBB host Prince Charles & Princess Diana in Lagos on 15 March 1990

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.