Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch (24441 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling / INEC Cancels Poll In Ondo Towns Over Violence - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by 2oddMASTER: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Dats nice
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by emmykk(m): 10:33am On Apr 02, 2015
E
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2015
This is one thing the S/S are know for. Waiting for them to be paid before voting, and is bad
MzJackBaueress:
absolutely true!

A reporter from a popular TV Station who covered the election in Bayelsa state said the same thing. He interviewed some Bayelsans why they are not going out to vote,they responded by saying unless they are paid,they will not vote.

It is true after all! Too bad

Front page lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by rexbuton: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Do you want to become a professional web developer and make social websites like
Facebook Learn it now in just 2 months!
Visit this link and start learning for FREE! >>
http://nairahighcreeks..com/ Hurry Now!
Offer Closes Soon!
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by thefakestan: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2015
I dont support part of what he said in this election it showed that the best 'rigger" won.

"
“We will accept it (the results of the election). We had our own knife and yam; we were not able to cut it the way we wanted. We have no other person to blame. It is in this part of the country that people ask for money to go and vote. However, the northerners were paying for their own transportation to go and exercise their rights and to go and pick their PVCs.

“Our people were expecting that they would be paid to collect PVCs and the results reflected so. We have no other choice; we are the architect of our own problem. So, we should be able to live with it."

This B.Shyt coming from the IYC's president is bad! Why on earth will you say such?

The Northerners outsmarted you guys by registering and allowing underage voters,Not just that PVC were printed for them firstly and even distributed via proxy, in some cases stored in on man's house waiting for election day.

Secondly nobody up North could openly support Jonathan in most core Muslim states for the fear of being lynched even the president wasnt spared that humilation, but in the south we had posters of APC and PdP side by side.

Thirdly the total number of the SE and SS states = 11 isnt enough to even cause a rerun of elections, so as much as the West and the North continue their marriage, that can rule us all to "infinity"

Please commorade think before you talk.

Nigeria needs to put e-voting in place by amending the constitution. Thats the only way your votes will actually count. What happened on 28th of March was vodoo.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:35am On Apr 02, 2015
Princemomoh:
One thing the S/S are found of doing. Waiting for them to be paid before voting, and is bad
that's too bad! Smh
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
absolutely true!

A reporter from a popular TV Station who covered the election in Bayelsa state said the same thing. He interviewed some Bayelsans why they are not going out to vote,they responded by saying unless they are paid,they will not vote.

Front page lalasticlala

My God.....

So...this is how we Southerners are the architects of our own problems....

Something that will never happen in the North....

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2015
@OP this is so true nice 1..We in the south are the cause of our oown problems.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 02, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
absolutely true!

Front page lalasticlala
Smh!
And this same people will open their mouths to call the hausas illiterates and primitives.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by taharqa: 10:36am On Apr 02, 2015
Is this guy the real President of the IYC??
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 02, 2015
“If you go and protest, you are on your own. If you go and destroy anything, you are on your own. I, as the leader of youths in this region, have reached out to other ethnic nationalities to canvass support. Maybe, we started late. Maybe the attention was not given that should have started with the political class.

My goodness...this guy gets it.

There is still hope!

Alliances, alliances.

Buhari had alliances...even in regions where he was hated.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 02, 2015
delightful1:

Smh!
And this same people will open their mouths to call the hausas illiterates and primitives.

I voted in the North in 2003.

All the streets were dry. Everyone was at the nearest polling booth...men and women.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by raystanley(m): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2015
suwailad:
So any urchin who calls himself asari or NDPVF should watch his mouth
and comport himself or Six feet hotel is his destination.

GMB has not taken charge yet, asari and his goons are making noise
Even as gej is still on seat till may 29th, i pray he uses his remaining
goodwill to tell asari and co to shut up or go on exile like Bode george is planning on doing

Nigeria is bigger than any urchins, NDPVF or boko haram, we will crush y'all

Monkey... Less you forget, this is democracy.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by DammyOyin: 10:38am On Apr 02, 2015
CONTENT UPLOADERS NEEDED.[b][/b]

Hello there,
Are you young and computer literate?

It's a great joy to inform you that you are very much needed for a job.

We need people that can be trained as a content uploader for merchants of a reputable online market.

This job requires no office place, all you need is your laptop and internet and you are good to go.

Kindly send your name and number to;

Dammy : 07088317853
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2015
taharqa:

He is....and I like his comments...because it shows that lessons are being learned for the future.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by funkiebully: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2015
we in the south are not barbarians like hausa fulani.

Nigeria would have been burning now if Buhari lost

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by deletrue: 10:41am On Apr 02, 2015
I like this so much. While those in the far north east and some yorubas are organising burial ceremonies for PDP, the core supporters, the Ijaw youths, the Ibos are advising each other, explaining the benefits of peace. That is the difference between the two religions, Islam and christians. While the Islamist will ever live for the total actualization of killings, the others are standing up for peace. That is it.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by sandfield: 10:41am On Apr 02, 2015
Trottle:
Ijaw youths accept Buhari, warn against violence

The President of the umbrella body of all Ijaw youths in the country, the Ijaw Youth Council, Mr. Udengs Eradiri, has called on all Ijaw youths across the nation to avoid all acts of violence, destruction and protests as a fallout of the last Saturday’s Presidential election, won by Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) of the All Progressives Congress.

Eradiri also congratulated Buhari on his electoral victory and said that Ijaw youths would support his administration, just the same way youths from other parts of the country supported the Jonathan administration.

The IYC president warned that any Ijaw youth who got involved in protest, destruction and other acts of violence would be seen to be doing so at his or her own risk.

He said that the IYC would accept the leadership of Buhari, as the South-South region had had its own chance but could not use the position to its advantage.

Eradiri advised the youth populace in the region to resist being manipulated politically.

He said, “I want to use this opportunity to congratulate Gen. Buhari who has emerged the winner of the presidential election.

“And so as IYC, when we had our own as President, the Igbo, the Yoruba, the Hausa were loyal to him. We will be loyal to the President-elect, Gen. Buhari, who from May 29, 2015 would become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“We will accept it (the results of the election). We had our own knife and yam; we were not able to cut it the way we wanted. We have no other person to blame. It is in this part of the country that people ask for money to go and vote. However, the northerners were paying for their own transportation to go and exercise their rights and to go and pick their PVCs.

“Our people were expecting that they would be paid to collect PVCs and the results reflected so. We have no other choice; we are the architect of our own problem. So, we should be able to live with it.

“If you go and protest, you are on your own. If you go and destroy anything, you are on your own. I, as the leader of youths in this region, have reached out to other ethnic nationalities to canvass support. Maybe, we started late. Maybe the attention was not given that should have started with the political class.

“History has already recorded it. So, the best we can do is to key into his (Buhari’s) administration, just as the Yoruba and Hausa key into the administration. It is time for us to also key into the administration. So, I called on our people to steer clear of all those political manipulations.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ijaw-youths-accept-buhari-warn-against-violence/

cc: Lalasticlala
the man is just saying his own.He can't tell that to the militant in the creek
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Elcapo(m): 10:41am On Apr 02, 2015
Kudos to 'em
If the election had gone other way round
I trust the fulanis with black n white pigment upstairs dem go don burn houses kill christians and innocent muslims

Jonathan really did us proud #Respect!
Sai Buhari

But seriously

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I voted in the North in 2003.

All the streets were dry. Everyone was at the nearest polling booth...men and women.
I stay in the north so I know how things work here.
They lock their shops, and 'abandon' everything to go out and vote, some go with food. Old men and women, all go out to exercise their civic duty.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2015
Very bad.apart from election just tell them that you need their help or support, they wi ask you to pay before any thing. Lol
MzJackBaueress:
that's too bad! Smh

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by damola311: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Southerners don't believe in violence..... If GMB didn't win, God knows what will be happening in the north and Nigeria as a whole @ the moment
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Texcoco(m): 10:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Ijaw youths? More like Ijaw small fries...Until we hear from the big boys who already have the entire oil infrastucture on remote detonation, we will only take this news with a pinch of salt..
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Marksule(m): 10:44am On Apr 02, 2015
"why are all the lights of Nairaland up, I can't see anything?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:44am On Apr 02, 2015
taharqa:
Yes he is. He is the confirmed president of IYC. The same man who had meeting with other Ijaw leaders threatening Nigeria if Jonathan is not reelected.
Now,he has congratulated Buhari and blamed his people for their negligence in performing their civic duties as electorates.

When will you congratulation your incoming president?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by MKO4ever(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2015
All I see now is God's hands

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Amaechi5(m): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2015
This is just the difference between the north and south,Christian state and a Muslim state.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 02, 2015
lol

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by demelza: 10:50am On Apr 02, 2015
Tuntheycr7:

I board bike, I tell the aboki guy.
"Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba".
He say make I no bother pay.

After I go Mai suya, after I ordered for suya. I tell am
"Sai Buhari"
he say "Sai Baba"...
He say make I leave money. grin

After the aboki guy polished my shoe.
I said Sai Buhari.. He replied by gnashing his brownish teeth... Sai Baba.
He said : ma prend leave money... grin

Then I go Mai Shai. I tell am same thing he say
"Aboki leave money"....

WhaooO!!!
Seems it's working..

Can't wait to go to this my Aboki car dealer in
Surulere tomorrow..... grin
ROTFLMAO! grin
Let us know if it works abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by BlackGirlsCode: 10:51am On Apr 02, 2015
Now these are the real Ijaws speaking.

Do not let the bitterness of your "ally" consume you.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch by seeker121(m): 10:52am On Apr 02, 2015
UNITY is what we need and mind you Asaro or what is he called is in the struggle for his own egocentric benefit and nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1,081 Boko Haram Members, Senior Commanders Surrender In Bama, Borno / Ihima Residets Hold Rally For APC And Tinubu In Kogi State / Grazing Law: Emir Sanusi, Miyetti Allah Boss Thumb Up Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.