Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing (14519 Views)

The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today / The Must-eat Food Checklist On A Visit To Enugu / Entertained With An Hyena In The Village- See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by aboyaji(m): 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
Yes, I visited the village this week immediately after receiving a call from my aunt who lives in the village.

We went to the farm and harvested some cassava after clearing the bushes.
I couldn't take the pictures of the farm because there was an interruption of power two days before my arrival.

After the harvest, we took them home and peeled them off immediately, washed and also took them to place where they were grounded.

The next day after coming back from the government school I visited, I went ahead to bring the ground cassava back for sieving and frying

#Danke.

Cc: missyb3 tjskii

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by haywire1: 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
aboyaji:
Yes, I visited the village this week immediately after receiving a call from my aunt who lives in the village.

We went to the farm and harvested some cassava after clearing the bushes.
I couldn't take the pictures of the farm because there was an interruption of power two days before my arrival.

After the harvest, we took them home and peeled them off immediately, washed and also took them to place where they were grounded.

The next day after coming back from the government school I visited, I went ahead to bring the ground cassava back for sieving and frying

#Danke.

Oh sorri, I mistakenly hit d wrong image, are u into commercial production of gari?

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by aboyaji(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
More

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by haywire1: 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
Oh sorri, I mistakenly hit d wrong image, are u into commercial production of gari??
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Sweetyie(f): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
whats there. me frying garri

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Uchwilliam(m): 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
i like it.whats ur village

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by aboyaji(m): 5:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
Uchwilliam:
i like it.whats ur village
Nkwerre local government area in Imo state

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by aboyaji(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
Sweetyie:
whats there. me frying garri
you fry this with passion.

You must be a wife material but I don't know how much yards you have

8 Likes

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Sweetyie(f): 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
aboyaji:
you fry this with passion.

You must be a wife material but I don't know how much yards you have
100 yards.lol

7 Likes

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by haywire1: 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
Sweetyie:

100 yards.lol

What's ur village?
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Sweetyie(f): 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
haywire1:

What's ur village?
Ngorokpala, Imo state
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by aboyaji(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
haywire1:

Oh sorri, I mistakenly hit d wrong image, are u into commercial production of gari?
no sir
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Pavore9: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
aboyaji:
no sir
Did you add palm oil when it was being pulped?

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by aboyaji(m): 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
Pavore9:
Did you add palm oil when it was being pulped?
yes I did. It was during the time its been ground
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Pavore9: 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
aboyaji:
yes I did. It was during the time its been ground
That is the same as being pulped. The last time l fried garri was 7yrs ago!
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by aboyaji(m): 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
Pavore9:
That is the same as being pulped. The last time l fried garri was 7yrs ago!
oh really? You must be an ajebo
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Pavore9: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
aboyaji:
oh really? You must be an ajebo
Though Lagos born and raised and now resident outside the country but you are not more local than me o..you will be shocked to know what my hands have done.

4 Likes

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by aboyaji(m): 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Pavore9:
Though Lagos born and raised and now resident outside the country but you are not more local than me o..you will be shocked to know what my hands have done.
haha. Let me know when you arrive this country and ready to fry Garri.

Let me keep up until your next trial

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by eyeon(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
Forget about your "scent" after the exercise but frying garri is really an interesting one.

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by udemedia1: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
Good one
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by emjoe1: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by LordaGuru: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
This is nice, handwork pays.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by ignis: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Processing and preparing Garri could be fun.
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by pharmow: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Oh
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by emjoe1: 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
nice.
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by BlackGirlsCode: 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
Great job!

Reminds me of the good old days in my village. Fresh garri.
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Atmmachine(m): 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
Don't come near me after processing the cassava
I know you will smell like a [size=90pt]HE-GOAT[/size]

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by okoloikenna(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
my dear I have no much words to say than "keep it up"
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Daniel058(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
I knw how to fry nah, no biggie ... I NO be oyibo... Forget say people dey here dey claim.. Some no get light for their villa ooooooo grin grin... Last garri I fried eh, na old manure wey don suppose grow tree..
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by Ty207: 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
And how does this reduce the price of garri in market? grin grin just joking

1 Like

Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by shilz(f): 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
Last time I fried garri was 2yrs ago.....mehn dat was nt easy at all
Re: A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing by donttouch: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
aboyaji:
Nkwerre local government area in Imo state

Are u sure?

(1) (2) (Reply)

HOW TO USE CARROT OIL for SKIN BLEACHING? / How To Reduce The Risk Of Food Poisoning / How Much Does Pizza Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.