Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. (75100 Views)

How Should I Respond To My Boss Who Fired Me Via Email? / My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by chinkichun: 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Despise the free lunch (you shouldn't have accepted the free ride) and Never outshine the master (since you did accept the free ride, you should have carried the bag as a way of paying for the free ride).
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by BBM: 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Checkout10:
Hello

I need pple to a Team to Develop the website together

My Question is who will Join me

---_--

Its a Forum website just like Nairaland

url = http://www.africansgist.com

We can Create a Good Community together

Add me on watsapp if intrested +2348069148899

Regards

wow this nah nairaland replica

hope senu won't sue you for lol

good job bro

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by eightsin(m): 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
The situation would determine my action. So I can't really say if you are wrong or right.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by oyin01(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
klark3:
I was employed as an architect in a medium size architectural firm, my boss happens to be a lady.

I hitched a ride in her car after a meeting with a client on site, It's was even my first time of hitching a ride in her car, as I have always eschewed it, on getting to the office she asked me to carry her hand bag along, but I turned deaf ear to her request and swiftly went straight to the office, but she came to my office and gave me a sullen glare.

I thought the malice won't last long, but unfortunately for me, she fired me this morning for a no cogent reason.

I'm downcast and bewildered, she's just privilege to be the manager because it's her dad firm, she's my contemporary, and I was on the verge of supervising a gigantic project.

Was I wrong?

Bro, if you know what you are doing, go and apologise and get your Job back. You need a lot of orientation and patience when you have a ladyboss. I understand your ego as a man, but having a ladyboss is better than being jobless. Besides na you dey miss now that ure at the bringe of getting a blow. Its a matter of time. Understand hierarchy. Shes your boss. Whether shes a lady or even younger than you.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Ilaje44(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:

Oh yea and I suppose we here are running the world? undecided

You should be eternally greatful and thankful to your mother, because she endured a lot to bring you this far, and you should vehemently fight any one that tries to dominate her and restrain her freedom. Don't think it's a good live that you or a male relative of her husband must accompany her before she can be allowed out of the house. Or that every decision she takes that your father or any male relative would have to first give his consent. Women are not your slaves. They've got very good brain too. And not a few are better than most men.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by jaykaylegend(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Viciyus:

I know say na naija we dey.

This tin don once happen to me, and na always women dey do this kind tin. Man no fit do like that.

My own case. She say make I go bring her bag for her car.

I told her sorry I can't. It is not in my contract.

Shall she no sack me. But she no dey carry eye look me.
I later leave the job shall.
you know how naija women dey behave na.. If they don get rank or money pass man, dem dey like to show theirselves..
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Seun:
Only a cocky employee thinks he/she is the "contemporary" of his/her boss. A woman would have received lectures on submissiveness.
Oga Seun nailed it. Dayuumm! grin

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I believe the guy is dumb to think all will go well, considering what he stood to lose and the lady was silly to have offered him the bag. But everything is not about opulence, you've got to protect your pride.

You value success much when you know you were very close to failure!!!

This is the most sensible sentence you have written so far. I find it inspiring, I will appreciate it if you can keep it up.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by stonecoldcafe: 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
TopHand:

you missed yur chance, the woman liked you but you were too blind too see it, women are special, they are interesting, exciting and curious in nature, but they never make the first move but respond positively when a man they admire initial a move dont misunderstand me the admiration is not all about love, or something, women are just attracted to positive things like confidence, intelligence, strenght, beauty e.t.c. if you can find a way to sit down and talk to her, admit you were wrong but do it confidently in a I dont care manner, mainten good eye contact and speak softly to her lean nearer to her each time she responds to what you r telling her but dont invade her private space around her, make up a good story like family pressures at home, e.g pressure from helping a younger one, sell yurself yur qualities and how much you love and will miss working for her you will have a good chance of getting yur job back.

Op please don't do this. Never, never try this. She may be a no nonsense woman. Sucking up to your female boss like this may be your greatest undoing. If a woman does not open mouth and tell you "I like you" in a work setting, then DON'T TRY IT!

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Braggante(m): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
logica:
Exactly. The truth is, the people who would rather carry oga's bag than be fired cannot own a business; they were born to be employees. They were born to be followers. Those are the ones you see jostling for positions in a company for 40 years. Getting fired is a good thing if you were made to own a business. The fire goes right into your belly (if you know what I mean). Let the bag carriers continue carrying bags; you will eventually run the mediocre bunch out of business.

Bless you! I've learnt something from this Ur post. Ur a wise one.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bigtt76(f): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
You nor fit carray woman bag but you go fit raymove panty eh? grin SMH .....some men sha
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by blessedkay(m): 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, to be honest, you people are misleading this young guy. I mean those who support him for not carrying his boss's bag. Who knows whether he was been tested on attitude level? Now, he had failed the exam with huge consequence. Look, people who can make heaven must be as humble as little children. If this guy continues in his egoism, he mighht still loose his next appointment if correction is not properly addressed now...............I wish to councel the guy more but time will not permit me, have a nice day
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by kaboninc(m): 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
bukatyne:

Redress ke?

This one Don pass grin

No nau...

E never pass ni

Him still fit reason the boss...

She's a woman ni and she wants him to acknowledge that she's in charge.

I'll suggest he begs her or see her papa

That one go understand as him get experience

If na you, you no go mellow?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
its an- if I scratch ur back, u scratch mine- world we live in.
Guy if u know say u no go help her carry her bag, u for no enta her ride na, u for jejely jump molue or keke napep go site.
Bt wait first, I quote u- "It's was even my first time of
hitching a ride in her car, as I have always
eschewed it"...
Guy u neva talk wetin "eschew" 4 dat ride. @least u go leave romance section small, dey enta jobs/ vacancy section.lol
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by gidjah(m): 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
sukkot:
me myself i would accept the bag and then smash it on the floor and tear it to pieces, maybe even piss in it and then walked out of the job. i may even include a dirty slap. but thats just me
bros,you can lie die walahi!!!you go tey tex for jail!!ha ha ha
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Misogynist2014(m): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
FrancisTony:

Okay! But sincerely typing, if I was in his shoe; I will carry the bag for her. undecided lipsrsealed grin
You are right, pride is not enough reason to put your job and dream on the line. If GOD could withstand been spit on because HE had a goal, what then is a Man unable to withstand ridicule from a woman?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Acidosis(m): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Well the answer is relative.

Some men will willingly wash her undies because of daily bread; while some won't do such.

A man has to set his own principles. You've set yours, thus you deserve NO blame.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Rastamann: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Was "carrying of her bag" part of the job responsibility? You did what was right and no worries, a new job is waiting at the corner for you.

We must not "a Cow" brother, simply because we want to eat meat!
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ilaje44:

You should be eternally greatful and thankful to your mother, because she endured a lot to bring you this far, and you should vehemently fight any one that tries to dominate her and restrain her freedom. Don't think it's a good live that you or a male relative of her husband must accompany her before she can be allowed out of the house Or that every decision she takes that your father or any male relative would have to first give his consent. Women are not your slaves. They've got very good brain too. And not a few are better than most men.
I beg to differ. We belong to different schools of thought. I think the place of a woman is at home, in the bedroom and in the kitchen undecided
@ the bolded: its for her protection! So she's not molested. Exactly how many rape cases do we get to hear of in Saud Arabia?
And what are the stats for Nigeria?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Timoleon(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:

People like you don't go far. Nobody likes someone who everyone can trample on, someone that has no dignity and self worth. If you find nothing wrong with carrying the handbag of your contemporary, and a woman! Then you ain't going far in life. Gbagbe!

pls i am not interested in the story, but to say a humble person is going nowhere na fallacy o.... recently we discovered that rotimi ameachi was boy boy for lots of people b4 he got to the top, i remember a former minister who was a house boy,read for his waec under street lamps and stil made it to becoming minister.....people like rochas were cosidered persons u could trample upon, orphaned, child hawker and today what is he? many of those who occupy posts as mds and directors didnt start up there na....many of them carriex lots of hand bags it didnt deter them from rising.....one of my favorite quotes goes thus "life is a bicycle, u dont fall until u stop pedalling.....i remember ronaldos parents were so poor and ronaldo himself wasnt bright as a student, his teacher said to him he woukd never amount to anything in life...well, he has been named world footballer of the year 3times.....if the op is really good at his architecture, having a big project at hand, definitely, his gifts will speak for him and carrying his boss's bag would b a thing of history.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You are right, pride is not enough reason to put your job and dream on the line. If GOD could withstand been spit on because HE had a goal, what then is a Man unable to withstand ridicule from a woman?
Don't mention about God here.
Biblically, OP is darn wrong - even though I don't concur with that verse.

Bible said that servants should submit to their masters.

In this scenario, that woman is the "boss lady" and OP has the right to be submissive...
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by kaboninc(m): 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Headlamp1:

You came to conclusion too quick.

Do you know why she could not carry her bag herself? She had to carry files? extra luggage? anything else? and needed his help with the bag perhaps?

Did he himself bother to find out?

Perhaps no. Too arrogant to be concerned. If your boss is a woman or a man, as long as you signed your signature on the papers to work under him/her, be loyal and very respectful.

That young man was too cocky and I perhaps would have done what the lady did. Sack! Its difficult working with a surbodinate who is arrogant.

And you...you came too slow?

Nna.....

And maybe because of loyalty she asks him to come to the ladies with her ni....

He never said she was carrying any other 'load' aside her bag. Besides, wouldn't it be nicer if he carried the 'excess' load while she carries her bag? Or that one no come to you ni?

Cocky ko, rocky ni.

Cocky to your boss who employed you?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nneka123:
That's the thing, when you are your own BOSS, it's just you, right?

But as far as you are under someone, you have to do whatever they tell you to do.
Nope. Two bosses. Lol...Nneka...the bolded really sounds like a curse to me, no pun intended. Just imagine:
-"stand guard while I use the restroom"
-"dispose of my sanitary napkins"
-"bark like a dog for my boyfriend's amusement"
-"chase my car on foot while I drive home"
-"stay in the corner and watch my husband and I perform _coitus"
-"clean up after my dog"
-"come to my office right away...close the door. Does my fart smell like lavender? No?!!! We'll try again tomorrow"
Jesus!!!!
*snaps out of alternate reality*
*breathing profusely*
What a nightmare!
Nneka, please take it easy on your subordinates when you become a boss o. Phew!
Lol

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
kaboninc:

No nau...

E never pass ni

Him still fit reason the boss...

She's a woman ni and she wants him to acknowledge that she's in charge.

I'll suggest he begs her or see her papa

That one go understand as him get experience

If na you, you no go mellow?

Would not even ask him to carry my bag in the first place.

In his boss shoes, I will mellow.

It would be better he apologizes to her personally.

There is something to learn from everyone esp bosses.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Brugo(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
klark3:
Was I wrong?

[size=15pt]May God bless you and reward you with contracts that will elevate you so high that you will no longer remember this event.

Thank you for reminding her that she is just a boss and not your god. Don't dwell on this injustice. Keep a positive mind. PP will flow well well this month and your client base will grow.[/size]

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by kelvyn7: 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
klark3:
I was employed as an architect in a medium size architectural firm, my boss happens to be a lady.

I hitched a ride in her car after a meeting with a client on site, It's was even my first time of hitching a ride in her car, as I have always eschewed it, on getting to the office she asked me to carry her hand bag along, but I turned deaf ear to her request and swiftly went straight to the office, but she came to my office and gave me a sullen glare.

I thought the malice won't last long, but unfortunately for me, she fired me this morning for a no cogent reason.

I'm downcast and bewildered, she's just privilege to be the manager because it's her dad firm, she's my contemporary, and I was on the verge of supervising a gigantic project.

Was I wrong?

see, na u fuckup nau. I get female boss too. they always like been bossy.

as my madam dey, make she com tell me make I carry her hand bag, I go com refuse...I dey craze ni??
In fact, na me dey even ask her to carry her bag, so far wen month end I go get alert. shikena. dat one no comot anything from my body, even with my Bsc and professional papers grin

Dat ur madam sef beta I tell u truth, she wait till d next day b4 she fire u grin my madam go fire u instanta, like Glo instanta promo. grin grin

no think am at all. na u do wrong!!

I go suggest make u go beg her. beg her well well, and she go gree, trust me.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by D33VA(f): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thinkr:
jambites? Hahaha I guess your still in higher institution to make such statement. Goodnight I hope you got my point tho.

Clearly from ur grammar, u, Mr. r yet to find ur way into a higher institution. N if u have please ask for a refund, clearly all that education was wasted on u
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by iPrevail(m): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
rokiatu:
Good radiance to bad rubbish abi.
Seriously? undecided

You are better of not working to such a place.

^^^
..and what does this even mean?! undecided

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by AsanwaKC(f): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
ode! go and lick..ur wundw
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bosun11(m): 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Some will say u are wrong because at that moment she is your boss , some will say u are right because u needed to act like a man.
To be honest, you were wrong .There is nothing wrong carrying the bag of your current boss even if the boss involved is a lady.Bear in mind that a big project was coming up, you could have swallowed your ego and do the needful based on the fact that you get paid at the moment from this same job.
And if she starts taking advantage of the fact that you are loyal and obedient.You start searching for another job elsewhere while you are still on this one.....till you get another one.
Hopefully once another job comes by, you resign.Am sure there will questions from the big boss and this woman and you could possibly tell the man himself what transpired earlier on ................

I wish you al the best man and i hope you get a better job asap.Cheers
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
RickRichards:

Nope. Two bosses. Lol...Nneka...the bolded really sounds like a curse to me, no pun intended. Just imagine:
-"stand guard while I use the restroom"
-"dispose of my sanitary napkins"
-"bark like a dog for my boyfriend's amusement"
-"chase my car on foot while I drive home"
-"stay in the corner and watch my husband and I perform _coitus"
-"clean up after my dog"
-"come to my office right away...close the door. Does my fart smell like lavender? No?!!! We'll try again tomorrow"
Jesus!!!!
*snaps out of alternate reality*
*breathing profusely*
What a nightmare!
Nneka, please take it easy on your subordinates when you become a boss o. Phew!
Lol
Lmao! Don't mind those îdiots that still don't get it, especially the guys amongst them.
I'm ashamed for all of u!

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Filmdirect: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
OP listen,
I will tell you reality, as i would speak to my brother.
The world you are born into today is not what you are imagining. Women are now doing things, are upwardly mobile.
Fathers are now giving things to their daughters and they are having power that money brings. This is a worldwide thing.
Therefore, you must learn anew.
Not that you should be a door mat but you should immediately erased that man is better than woman mentality that you have.
Just look at them as sisters and mothers if that will help you.

See these men congratulating you? They will not give you money to start your business or offer you a job.
Actually an employer on this forum might likely not hire you, because although they might like your bold stand, they might be uncomfortable
with how you see life, and your quick insubordination. But they will not tell you that.

Remember you are first a follower before you are a leader and that even Joseph was in portiphar's house before Prime Minister of Egypt.
You could have handled that matter differently.

Look at the world in reality and know where and who you truly are at the moment, that will later change as you earn it aright. You were not equal to your boss, you were her employee. It is okay, you have learnt.

Now, please do not go to her and try to work her emotions, as she will see through that. If you want to apologize, do so succinctly and confidently. Don't lean in and look into her eyes or try to work up some feminine emotions. it is belittling and if it were me, i would not rehire you. I almost think for this case, the damage has been done.

Also i honestly do not think it was about the bag. I think you might have eluded pride even before then. She felt what you thought of her - that she is your equal who is no more deserving than you, and a part of your disdained her. I can bet it was in your body language way before the bag incident. Just learn from this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.