Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. (74983 Views)

How Should I Respond To My Boss Who Fired Me Via Email? / My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by sukkot: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
me myself i would accept the bag and then smash it on the floor and tear it to pieces, maybe even piss in it and then walked out of the job. i may even include a dirty slap. but thats just me

3 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by EcoTerror: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
All these people wey dey blame dis guy na lazy people. How una want my guy to dey carry him boss bag like naija police. My guy study architecture wey no be beans oo. If d woman ask my guy to carry bag today tomao na to ask am to hold pikin for am.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
Anyway sha, you for bring yourself low a bit, especially looking at the project ahead.
There is a time for everything.

Office is no place for ego, especially when you are under someone. #Humility
Just think of the waiters who you ask to serve you food when you go to a restaurant. Aren't they human beings too?
But it's their job to be patient with customers and wait on them and fetch things.

You coulda played it off with humour. It's not like you're trying to toast her (don't even go there), so the hangup of "obeying a woman" shouldn't even play in your mind. Na your oga. Simple. Whoever in the office wants to laugh at you over it will in short time become one of your sub-ordinates.

In the west, you can form that one because you would have the law behind you and all that. But even here, people suck up to boss. Talk less of NAIJA.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:

Honestly the Arabs are the only sane men in the world today. They've put women in their place. Men elsewhere have really fumbled undecided

Dumboundecided
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by kaboninc(m): 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
bukatyne:

It is not everything done for your boss that is written in your offer letter neither is it everything your boss does for you that is his/her 'duty'

@OP: you were proud and pride they say goes before a fall.

Your boss carried her bag and you lost your job.

Goodluck in getting another one.

Hey Buky,

That's being not proud joor.

He did pretend not to listen and the boss could have also pretended that he pretended not to have heard her. Loll cheesy cheesy cheesy

But sacking him for that? Its best that way sef because I tell you, more is yet to come.

I am very jovial and command strong humor in the office. But eye service, I no dey do am. I could meet my boss in the elevator (even the Chairman) but all man must carry him load.

Some issues are really non-issues.

I hope you are not like that too.... wink

3 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by JustCare: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
You were wrong. Write her an apology letter.
are you really a nobody
how come your username is this way
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by oshaosha2014(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
eyeview:
You weren't wrong. It was never stated in the offer letter that you job description included carrying her hand bag. She has inferiority complex and she could only overcome it by seeing you do attend to her domestic needs. She wanted to cross the line and you didn't let her. That's the same way some people get to start doing uncomplimentary things to keep their jobs. You were a man.
Don't feel bad,other jobs will turn up.

You made an earth shattering sense! Thank you for this.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
You were wrong. Write her an apology letter.
How you take don am?

I no fit click your username.

Which form of magic you dey use?

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Justfollowit:

That's sounds like it. I.diot
See this clueless ahole!
You've picked the wrong person to mess with
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:
Only a cocky boss male\female would ask that of an employee thats his\her contemporary When he's not the driver or gardener.
Only a cocky employee thinks he/she is the "contemporary" of his/her boss. A woman would have received lectures on submissiveness.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Abeg somebody help me.

Who get that username "by nobody"
I no fit torch he profile
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Dotmanroy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
klark3:
I was employed as an architect in a medium size architectural firm, my boss happens to be a lady.

I hitched a ride in her car after a meeting with a client on site, It's was even my first time of hitching a ride in her car, as I have always eschewed it, on getting to the office she asked me to carry her hand bag along, but I turned deaf ear to her request and swiftly went straight to the office, but she came to my office and gave me a sullen glare.

I thought the malice won't last long, but unfortunately for me, she fired me this morning for a no cogent reason.

I'm downcast and bewildered, she's just privilege to be the manager because it's her dad firm, she's my contemporary, and I was on the verge of supervising a gigantic project.

Was I wrong?
Yesso
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by oshaosha2014(m): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
eyeview:
You weren't wrong. It was never stated in the offer letter that you job description included carrying her hand bag. She has inferiority complex and she could only overcome it by seeing you do attend to her domestic needs. She wanted to cross the line and you didn't let her. That's the same way some people get to start doing uncomplimentary things to keep their jobs. You were a man.
Don't feel bad,other jobs will turn up.

How can I like this your comment more than once at the same time.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
kaboninc:

Hey Buky,

That's being not proud joor.

He did pretend not to listen and the boss could have also pretended that he pretended not to have heard her. Loll cheesy cheesy cheesy

But sacking him for that? Its best that way sef because I tell you, more is yet to come.

I am very jovial and command strong humor in the office. But eye service, I no dey do am. I could meet my boss in the elevator (even the Chairman) but all man must carry him load.

Some issues are really non-issues.

I hope you are not like that too.... wink

I do not like eye service but once in a blue moon, I bend for my boss.

Since his boss asked, he should have helped.

Even people in position of power seemly wait on others for favors.

All these big people even do leg service more than then junior ones.

A little humility helps.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by watchindelta(m): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
If nah me I go suck crazy commot 4 her left breast tongue na witch dey worry her lipsrsealed
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Filmdirect: 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
Look! You men need to stop this woman thing! Women are not going back to the kitchen!

He said she wouldn't be there if not it was her father's company. So? It's like telling Ivanka Trump that
you will not respect her because she is only working in her father's company because it is her father.

She will fire you and put word on the street and no one would hire you in New York. Why do parents work hard?
so they can pass off something to their kids and their kids will not start from scratch. It is happening all over the world.

Are we dreaming in Nigeria? Her father worked and created a company so she can be boss and not struggle the same route he did.
Is Dangote's son not going to be above his mates? or Babangida's son and daughters. Am i not working hard on my business so my sons
will start off ahead? you are not her contemporary. She is your boss and is paying your salary. If you want to be her equal, go and open
your own business and call the shots. Till then humble yourself, be diplomatic in taking your stand or be fired.

We sound like we live in the stone age! Your problem is she is a woman. That is what is affecting mens' egos. She was born a woman
and will not grovel on the floor because the opposite gender has a problem with what God made her to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by sharpchap: 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
my broda if madam gif you her bag, carry am after all if na ya senior sister or aunty nko? nothing dey there oooo. she trusts you thats why. women dont give their bags to just anyone. you come fall her hand.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by nduchucks: 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
Oga, you were fired for insubordination.

You should have been smart enough to talk to her privately about how you feel humiliated about her requests first, instead of being rude to her by ignoring her request.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by frank043(m): 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
eschewevil91:
So if she demanded he cleaned her office or go buy her food even as a professional, its ok to do so because she's his boss? There are ways of subtly snd politely asking for favours. not one boss,even the company chairman telling you to do what wasnt part of the job in the first place. i hate it when people start having a sense of entitlement because they're in a privileged position. its outright rubbish and even if he was going ti be fired it should have been on a reasonable ground. you just dont go abt asking your contemporary to carry your bag for you and when he didnt, you sack him. ITS WRONG!!!

You talk and reason very well. I'm of the same school of thought. The dude did what any 'normal' fellow ought to have done. Its even outrageous to say you sacked your staff cos 'he didn't carry you bad'. If she thinks her staff should do this,only God knows how she uses her driver,cooks,gateman,gardeners etc.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Ifeann(f): 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
klark3:
I was employed as an architect in a medium size architectural firm, my boss happens to be a lady.

I hitched a ride in her car after a meeting with a client on site, It's was even my first time of hitching a ride in her car, as I have always eschewed it, on getting to the office she asked me to carry her hand bag along, but I turned deaf ear to her request and swiftly went straight to the office, but she came to my office and gave me a sullen glare.

I thought the malice won't last long, but unfortunately for me, she fired me this morning for a no cogent reason.

I'm downcast and bewildered, she's just privilege to be the manager because it's her dad firm, she's my contemporary, and I was on the verge of supervising a gigantic project.

Was I wrong?

U are not wrong.. u had every right to ignore her... frist she says carry her bag, next she will ask u to go buy her food or other petty errands...

She has an inferiority complex and could not handle the disregard u showed her for her stupi.dity..

Be bold, pray and get another job..

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by logica(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
You were wrong for getting a job there in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Seun:
Only a cocky employee thinks he/she is the "contemporary" of his/her boss. A woman would have received lectures on submissiveness.
I think the word "contemporary" totally obliterates the gender cause you're trying to push. Its wrong for someone, anyone(male or female) that is about the same age and probably has the same qualificatioins as you to push you around. The OP and the "Boss" are both architects. The only edge she has over him is that its her fathers company. Gives her no right to turn an architect like herself into an errand boy.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by klark3: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
sukkot:
how old are you and how old is she ?
Am 28, she will be 30 sept this yr, because she celebrated her 29th birthday sept last year.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by SonOfDavid91(m): 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
of course, no matter your age, your height, your status, etc., your BOSS still have the power of authority over you. I hope others will learn from this!
Happy good Friday.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
1. So, an architect can not carry his Boss hand bag ?

2. What if your Boss was a man, would you have carried his hand bag if he asked you to ?

If the answer to the second question is Yes, then you have a problem with humility. The fact that you carry people's hand bag today does not make you incapable of owning your own business tomorrow. My first Boss was a woman, a sadistic one at that. I worked from 7am to 11pm daily sometimes I worked on sundays. For her, she believed she was using me, but for me, I was learning business strategies. Today, I could say I am richer than her in geometric proportion.

Pride goes before a fall. Learn from this and make your life easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:

See this clueless ahole!

Bwahahaha, my belle o grin

I.diot! Emasculated man tongue
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
jaykaylegend:
Guy, you are more than wrong.. She is your boss and not your gf.. Even if she is. Younger than you, you have to carry it..

You won bring slavery come Nigeria by.

Why are you like this.
There is no agreement that said carry her bag.

1 Like

duni04:

See this clueless ahole!

Bwahahaha, my belle o grin

Who you be?

I.diot! Emasculated man tongue
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by jaykaylegend(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
Drabrah:

Boss, & So?
Wot was his job description? P.A. or messenger?
D only reason he's wrong is cos na 9ja & work nor dey. So he shoe go fit chop bitumen small b4 e go fit get anoda job. Dat's all
at least you came down to my level... We are in Nigeria so everybody trys to take advantage of being a boss to somebody..#naija_made
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Ifeann(f): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:

See this clueless ahole!

Justfollowit is a st.upid girl who makes a hobby of being rude on nairaland. . Forget her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.