Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

The Igbo Bloc Vote And Consequences Of Their Political Miscalculations: Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Bloc Vote And Consequences Of Their Political Miscalculations: Okorocha (659 Views)

2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun / Ultimate Warriors of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands 60% Oil Bloc / PRESIDENTIAL POLL: Jonathan Loses Bid To Get Igbo Bloc Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Igbo Bloc Vote And Consequences Of Their Political Miscalculations: Okorocha by betterabia: 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Copied.

Dear Igbo Compatriots:

One of the closest Igbo man to the President Elect is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa, a Senator who was defeated in the Senatorial Election.

See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn't override a pathological hatred for General Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate, to enhance his chances at Senate President, in case General Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chance to make history as Senate President.

That's what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who wasn't going to win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

I hate to gloat.

But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being Senate President.

Igbos are very bad at politics.

Fifty years after independence, we are yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns. Our answer? Blame others! If you only Hausas didn't do this or Yorubas didn't do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won't stop until we learn to coexist with others instead of our 'better than thou' attitude when dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. We are not better than anyone, these folks we thumb our noses at, are God's creatures like us.

We don't like the Hausas and we don't like the Yorubas, yet we populate their States in search for our livelihood.

Our politics should mirror our economic aspirations, not the other way around. There is no wisdom in living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the Northerners. That's being ungrateful. The gods of politics don't like that.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate us from meaningfully seating at the table, making contributions to Nigeria's political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on?

How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today, because we are realizing that we were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.

Where are they?

Anyone home?"

MY PERSONAL COMMENTS IN REFERENCE TO LAGOS POLITICS:
Hmmm ... I sincerely hope Igbo people are listening to one of their leaders and vote wisely in LAGOS FOR THE GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS.

They have flexed their muscle at the last presidential elction in Lagos and the indigenes of Lagos are NOT smiling. Despite their heroic efforts on behalf of Jonathan, Jonathan still lost Lagos and now hte APC leadership and followership is taking a close look at the Igbos and what their ascendancy in Lagos politics means for he indigenes. Right now it is not looking pretty and a lot will depend on what they o on Aprril 11th.

I think the Igbo Leaders in Lagos need to sit down and ask themselves the logical question: WOULD IT BE IN THEIR OWN BEST INTEREST TO VOTE EN MASSE AGAIN FOR PDP IN LAGOS? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN AGBAJE ULTIMATELY LOSES? Lagosians WONT FORGET! Of course they can also FORGET any patronage by the new governor. You cant vote EN MASSE against a candidate and then expect favours after election. Lagos state learnt that in the last 16 years of voting against the goverment at the center. It wont be different for Igbos in Lagos and this wont even be about tribalism at all.

BOTTOM LINE IN POLITICS IS YOU CANT EXPECT SPECIAL PATRONAGE OR SPECIAL CONSIDERATION IF YOU DIDNT VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATE. Even if the candidate does not discriminate against you, he cannot be disposed to FAVORING YOU...... That is something igbos must think about VERY SERIOUSLY.

No matter the anger of the igbos against the APC Govt in lagos, the fact remains that Fashola Govt (just like Tinubu Govt before him) has IGBO COMMISSIONERS AND LOCAL GOVT LEADERS when we know that could NEVER happen in igboland. Right now the APC in Lagos rightly see the igbo action at the presidential level as betrayal and the people may take this out on them and their businesses if this action repeats itself at governorship elections and then Agbaje loses. Lagosians may not be so forgiving.

So, if the Igbos want to vote AGBAJE as a BLOC VOTE, then they had better be sure that AGBAJE would win otherwsie it would be a VERY LONG 4 years for them under Ambode. Again, this will NOT be about tribalism but about who is against me cannot expect me to empower him. OBASANJO WAS A YORUBA PRESIDENT BUT HE DEALT MERCILESSLY WITH LAGOS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY VOTED AGAINST HIS PARTY IN LAGOS. This is POLITICS and not tribalism
Re: The Igbo Bloc Vote And Consequences Of Their Political Miscalculations: Okorocha by halfcurrent(m): 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Well said

(1) (Reply)

Tomorrow’s Elections: States That May Feel The Buhari Factor / Press Statement By Governor Amaechi On The Elections / BREAKING NEWS- Pdp Wins 4 LGA In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.