Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Motives For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Motives For Marriage (1439 Views)

Kenyan Family Advertises Single Son On Facebook, See Requirements For Marriage / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Ladies, 5 Habits You Must Stop If You're Ready To Settle Down For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motives For Marriage by Mprex(f): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Many young people that are craving for marriage do so for several purposes. Sometimes it is the wrong motives and we are not even aware that our motives are wrong. When we seek to settle down for the wrong reasons, we will end up with a heartbreak, a wrong partner or worse still, no partner at all.

So in this thread, we are going to analysing the wrong motives for marriage. If you are thinking in any of this directions, then you have redress your steps and have a rethink.

1. TO SPITE AN EX: Funny enough but it is true. Some people desire to get married in other to get back at an ex. This is a very dangerous reason to get married. In your haste to settle down and show off your spouse to the chagrin of your ex, you might end up with the wrong person which will leave you in regrets for life
2.FOR FINANCIAL SECURITY: The guys will love this one. Many ladies now desire to settle down with a man because of his bank account.A lady that loves you because of your wealth will drop you like hot potatoes the day you get bankrupt. We ladies have to stop the wealthy man hunt. Get a life, build up your career and be an independent woman. Dont just sit down and be waiting for prince charming. No right thinking man wants a liability for a wife. Get up and be an asset

3.NEEDINESS: People get married now simply because of the need of a companion or the need to satisfy certain desires such as sex. Or the need for someone to fufill certain duties for them. Getting married in order to fufill our needy aspects of life is very wrong. You are expected to be a total complete independent personality before settling down. If you feel that you need someone to satisfy certain needs in your life, then you are not ready for marriage.

I will continue if i get encourage comments

Happy Easter
Re: Motives For Marriage by vizkiz: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
hmmmmn...maybe you should change the title to "wrong motives for marrigae"

*Sex
*facial beauty
*pregnancy
Are also wrong motives for marriage
Re: Motives For Marriage by Emhicee(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
You're spot on. Continue. . .
Re: Motives For Marriage by Chizzy20(f): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Like seriously..so sum pple would put dier whole life nd happiness on d line, in order to spite one so called ''ex''..Dats stupidity of d highest oda...
Re: Motives For Marriage by missbehave247(m): 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Spread mat.................. Sipping origin
Re: Motives For Marriage by SpeedyConnect(m): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
To have someone to lean on ; companionship
Re: Motives For Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
The funny thing here is that the poster never reach marriageable ageangry

She made sense thou.

Just wondering where she learned it from.

No experience, yet she's teaching.
Re: Motives For Marriage by xynerise: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
The funny thing here is that the poster never reach marriageable ageangry

She made sense thou.

Just wondering where she learned it from.

No experience, yet she's teaching.
That is what most singles do here on NL. Imagine a single Lady giving marriage counselling grin
Re: Motives For Marriage by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
There is a motive behind every of our move.
Re: Motives For Marriage by loomer: 11:35am On Apr 06, 2015
Sex becomes legal

1 Like

Re: Motives For Marriage by christaddicted: 12:31am On Apr 08, 2015
Motives are just three:
-PURPOSE
-PLEASURE
-PROCREATION

1 Like

Re: Motives For Marriage by peeparty(m): 5:52pm On May 07, 2015
Mprex:
Many young people that are craving for marriage do so for several purposes. Sometimes it is the wrong motives and we are not even aware that our motives are wrong. When we seek to settle down for the wrong reasons, we will end up with a heartbreak, a wrong partner or worse still, no partner at all.

So in this thread, we are going to analysing the wrong motives for marriage. If you are thinking in any of this directions, then you have redress your steps and have a rethink.

1. TO SPITE AN EX: Funny enough but it is true. Some people desire to get married in other to get back at an ex. This is a very dangerous reason to get married. In your haste to settle down and show off your spouse to the chagrin of your ex, you might end up with the wrong person which will leave you in regrets for life
2.FOR FINANCIAL SECURITY: The guys will love this one. Many ladies now desire to settle down with a man because of his bank account.A lady that loves you because of your wealth will drop you like hot potatoes the day you get bankrupt. We ladies have to stop the wealthy man hunt. Get a life, build up your career and be an independent woman. Dont just sit down and be waiting for prince charming. No right thinking man wants a liability for a wife. Get up and be an asset

3.NEEDINESS: People get married now simply because of the need of a companion or the need to satisfy certain desires such as sex. Or the need for someone to fufill certain duties for them. Getting married in order to fufill our needy aspects of life is very wrong. You are expected to be a total complete independent personality before settling down. If you feel that you need someone to satisfy certain needs in your life, then you are not ready for marriage.

I will continue if i get encourage comments

Happy Easter
hi my good frnd pls vote tophaz for miss niaraland thnks
Re: Motives For Marriage by teemy(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2015
For me it was
1. Sex (when at age 27 my sensuality blossomed I knew I had to find solace)
2. To take care of her
3. Someone to call my home (everyone goes home after the day's work, could be a place or a person)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Have Sex In The Dream(discus) / Is Love Making Sweet Or Dirty? - My Take / Study Concludes That Women Who Squirt During Sex Are Actually Peeing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.