Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili (63076 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Monogamy: 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group and former minister of education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve the hero tittle for accepting defeat in the just concluded presidential poll.

DAILY POST reports Jonathan, before the INEC chairman could announce the final result of last Saturday’s presidential election, had called General Buhari to congratulate him for winning the election.

Following his decision, many Nigerians have been praising the president for saving the entire nation from disaster.

However, Ezekwesili says if only Nigerians knew the extent of damage President Jonathan has done to Nigeria, they won’t hero worship him.

She took to her Twitter page on Thursday, to air her views on the recently held presidential election.

She tweeted: “When a review of President Jonathan’s administration is done, we’ll realize how much damage sycophancy did to governance. Example? Chibok Girls,” she wrote.

“A leader must be without an inordinate desire to be serenaded with ‘good news’ or their team will never let them know the true state of affairs.

“An environment that rewards sycophancy encourages team to withhold accurate ‘bad’ news (problems) from the leader while serving up ‘good news’.

” When a leader makes hero worshiping costly to those who engage in it, he/she deprives the ‘sellers’ market to set the ‘Mediocrity Benchmark.’

“A critical success factor in governance is for the leader to both in word and deed convey a culture that abhors sycophancy. No hero worshiping.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/03/jonathan-is-not-a-hero-oby-ezekwesili/

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by madridguy(m): 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
Even the association of the witch and wizard self don denied Jonathan.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by dustmalik: 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
I'm inclined to agree with her.

317 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by dunkem21(m): 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
grin
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Mynd44: 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
Those who call him "hero" are the problem with this country and sick in the head.

And add to that some people actually mentioned a Nobel prize....

Smh

323 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by temitemi1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...

210 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
calling him a hero is just a compensation for lossing and conceding defeat after the elections

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Horus(m): 6:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
A Kleptocrat cannot be a hero; Stop worshiping mediocrity

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Bolade005: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mr Ebele is not a hero to me, the real HERO is the man who never gave up his dream, the man who kept trying, the man who never stopped believing. General Muhammadu Buhari is the hero not Ebele.

Talking of heroes, the Late Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh over Ebele.

322 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by braine(m): 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
I think he's not worth the status too. Conceding defeat is the only right thing to do coz we all saw that he actually lost. So I don't see what the big deal is.

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by soloafe: 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
I wish same can be said of you madam chiboks. even ur igbo nation are disappointed in you, for the embarrassment u have brought to them.

220 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
This government sef........

Madam you have spoken well

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Frankmac(m): 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
pls my country people where have this woman been since.

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Brimmie(m): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thank you ma! Exactly what we've been telling them!

To them, If your House Rent expire and you leave The House peacefully, you deserve a Nobel Prize Award. At least for leaving in peace. Rubbish!!
undecided

198 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nigerians hail mediocrity

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by pazienza(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Horus:
A Kleptocrap cannot be a hero; Stop worshiping mediocrity

How about a tyrant/dictator, a coup plotter, a blood thirsty bitter being, a sore loser, a man that believe Abacha didn't steal, can he be a hero? *grins*

192 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Raxxye(m): 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
A hero, according to Wikipedia, is

"a character or person, who, in the face of danger and
adversity or from a position of weakness, displays
courage or self-sacrifice"

Another source defines it thus:

"a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic
qualities or has performed a heroic act and is
regarded as a model or ideal"

Unless Ezekwesili has a different definition of a hero different from the above, then I beg to disagree with her.

For promising to conduct a free and fair election without interfering in the process, and keeping his words: that makes him a hero

Think for a second what would have become of last Saturday's election had the president lost his calm after the card reader failed to capture him and kept him waiting in the sun for over thirty minutes, moreso when his party had advised against the use of the card reader. Had he stormed out of that polling booth, that would have been the end of election that day, and the consequences could only have been imagined. For maintaining his cool in the face of that, he is a hero

For calling GMB and congratulating him(something GMB never did in 2011 and can never do), and thereby averting "goons and baboons" being soaked in blood, he is a hero

For telling his party not to bother contesting the outcome of the election in court to avoid distracting the incoming president, he is a hero

Hate him as much as you choose to do, Mrs Ezekwesili, you cannot take this glorious moment from him. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has set a standard for democracy, not only in Nigeria, but also in Africa. The man is a true democrat and, indeed, our national hero!

506 Likes 94 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Henrypraise41(m): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
He is still a hero if i may chip in, do you think that running a big country like nigeria is a child's play? There are some forces both spiritual & physical that you hardly resist. He tried his best and paved way for another person steer ship you said he wasnt a hero, had it been he refused to accept defeat nigeria could have been in a chaos by then may be you will be in outside nigeria telling the whole world another different thing.

169 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by crownprince102: 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
GEJ's attrocities can't be foggotten that easily. Conceding defeat doesn't change the fact he is a Kleptocrat.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Rainmaker69(m): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Accepting defeat isn't a mark of heroism. Especially after the debacle in Rivers and the SS/SE.
It's okay to commend GEJ (whatever) but please don't obscure and rewrite history in the process. More importantly, anyone who can receive praise must be ready to receive criticism.

43 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by egift(m): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
That I can agree with. He is doing all he can to grant Patience's wish in Edo; not to bring him food in Prison. Am glad Buhari is granting him a soft landing.

Let there be Peace.

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by raumdeuter: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Well said

The Heroes are Buhari, Jagaban, Jega, and the millions who stayed on the queue in the rain and sun to vote Jonathanout

53 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by pazienza(m): 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ezekwesili, jee dono ani, GEJ is a hero.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Gbawe: 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:
Those who call him "hero" are the problem with this country and sick in the head.

And add to that some people actually mentioned a Nobel prize....

Smh

Indeed. Are we now supposed to forget the monumental and universally acclaimed misrule of GEJ because of one act he was bullied into by the likes of David Cameron, Obama et al? GEJ did not want to leave and was not prepared to leave hence the massive rigging - and we have even seen the video proof - conducted for him in Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom et al.

Whether people know it or not, the result, which showed Buhari had won despite the massive rigging of team GEJ, had been known since Sunday. Many moved behind the scene to convince GEJ not to try anything funny and subtle threats were deployed. GEJ, as expected of his self-serving nature, preferred not to piss-off this powerful lobby group. They never wanted to hand over and were willing to do anything to sit tight. Many simply showed GEJ he will be made to account for his action if chaos ensued because he did not want to accept the outcome of an election he clearly lost. GEJ was 'strong-armed' to accept defeat.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by BRAV0O(m): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
As in ; I'm still contemplating if I can truly take jonathan as the hero of our time , I think that's too cheap does he really worth it ? Although his phone call to concede defeat against gmb really spark a lot of light out of my dark mind towards him but is jonathan really worth to be a hero of our time ? Jonathan and his pdp goons really don't b'lieve in free and fair election so therefore their plan is to be re-elect by force, if jonathan already play the part of a hero he won't have support mediocre campaign , verbal abuse and different kind of personal attack against the frmer opposition party so I wonder because gej concede defeat still not base on his love for the country he only do that still on his selfish interest, at the end it takes a great man to recognize one is just that it's law of nature so even if jonathan will be regard as the hero for conceding defeat then those that stay with nigerians even to the last minute of the war treat from he and he's goons deserve to be regard as the hero two times more of him. Anyway I'm still contemplating when the times come if he really deserve to be our hero for that day I will let you'll know with proof...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Edygrin(m): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Lol.. Coming from a madam that wanted to be #Bringbackourgirls hero but failed.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Texcoco(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
To late bad belle Madame and her fellow janjaweedes commenters ^^^ above us.. Africa never mind West Africa or Nigeria for that matter has not only earned massive respect from the International Community but has become a better place after GEJ heroic gesture...He is already an African great...De babylon dawta ah fi better recognize...cho!

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by eightsin(m): 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
This woman with her big thick ugly lips should go suck dic.k

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Bevista: 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
While I do think PGEJ acted very responsibly & statesmanly in the wake of the election results, I have my reservations about him.

The way the results from SS & SE were 'cooked' up and the last minute attempt by Orubebe to disrupt the final collation leaves one with a lot of questions about his desperation for power. Add that to the way he made State institutions like NTA and the military to falsely mislead Nigerians on the Buhari certificate saga.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by niceguy7(m): 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Awon iya ti binu oo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by MrBasketball: 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
I totally agree with her.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari / The Look On The Face Of President Buhari In Sochi (Photos) / Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.