Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (1030 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / 8 Failures And 11 Accomplishments Of The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Administration / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by Arizona1: 3:26am On Apr 04, 2015
Mr President, I write to you through this medium to xpress my gratitude to the act of statesmanship highly demonstrated by you during the past presidential and National assembly elections.
In the history of our great country Nigeria, you have done what no past president has ever done,you are truly a man of honour and integrity and I know posterity will not forget you.
On Tuesday march 31st 2015, you wrote your name and Nigeria into the history book by calling General Muhammadu Buhari(rtd) to congratulate him on his victory at the presidential poll. That phone call alone saved our dear country from breaking into violence and disaster after announcing election results.

Some call you clueless, others call you ineffectual but the insightful assessment of you shows you are a true statesman and Nigeria’s ultimate pacifist with the interest on this country always foremost on your mind. You were vilified and insulted. There is perhaps no sitting president in the history of Nigeria that was taken to the cleaners the way Nigerians took you but finally you have emerged the winner. Not of an electoral contest but for your triumph of simplicity and calmness. You suffered election loss but you gained moral victory which has assured your space among the community of statesmen in Africa and the world at large.

Mr President, we all know that you could’ve taken the shorter but dangerous road towards ensuring your success in this election where your name will be written with a pen soaked in blood of your fellow countrymen and women, but like you always say and I quote; “my ambition of becoming the president does not worth the blood of any single Nigerian”, you stood by your words and chose the ground of moral and operational engagement all through the electioneering process. You forgot that you are a politician, threw away Nigeria’s vicious nature of politics and focused on transformation projects all around the country. You lost at the polls but your legacies will live in the history this nation forever.

Mr president your greatest achievement was broadening Nigerian democratic space with the Freedom Of Information Bill. Before now, it is a known fact in Nigeria that incumbents often deploy state powers to muzzle the opposition. Members of the opposition are harassed and state institutions are often deployed to intimidate them and shut them out of the democratic space but not a certain President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Some of your associates and aides believed that your tolerance of the opposition led to your loss of this election. What many might have taken to be your weakness has turned out to be your strength and symbol of legacy which will outlive you forever. You have also raised the bar in statesmanship to the extent that you have unknowingly put those who benefitted from your political tolerance in a moral tight corner.

Beyond your unequalled tolerance to the opposition, you made the improvement on the nation’s infrastructure your priority. You stood firmly by your words in your transformation agenda for our dear country, from roads to agriculture, water resources to food security, power to oil and gas, infact Mr President you ensured that Nigerians were made to feel the impact of government during your administration. They said you could not fight corruption but the first and greatest move you made in 1st January 2012 to eliminate entirely the biggest form of corruption which has been eating deep in the nation’s economy and hindering the economic growth of this country which was removal of fuel subsidy was frustrated by the same people of Nigeria that are complaining of corruption today. Before you came into power, Nigeria had no minister for Petroleum and no Nigeria has ever heard of what is called “Subsidy”. Today an ordinary man on the street not only knows about subsidy but also knows how much the federal government pays yearly to subsidize fuel; what a transparent governance by your administration. They talked about insecurity. Nigeria does not have problem of security but problem of terrorism. America as strong as they are as world powers still faces the same problem of terrorism till today. What about our little country Nigeria.

Mr President let me say that you scored the highest point in the area of road construction. For a long time, many felt the Sagamu-Benin expressway was cursed. So also was the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. For eight years, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, an All Progressives Congress (APC) sympathizer could not do anything on those roads. But Jonathan took on these roads and worked on them. The portion of the Sagamu-Benin road that stretches from Ore to Benin City was totally reconstructed. This was a road that travelers used to spend nights on before its rehabilitation. Today, the road is one of the smoothest in this part of the world. Not only has it been totally reconstructed, it has also been expanded with good lay-bys to make life easier for drivers in cases of emergency.
The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is also being reconstructed and expanded from the initial four lanes to six lanes. In fact, the reconstruction is being handled by two construction giants – Julius Berger and RCC Limited. In the northern and eastern part of the country, the story is the same.

Mr President I cannot list all your achievements here but one this I’ll say is that you have established a legacy of democratic freedom, transparency, economic growth and free and fair elections and I will like to see it endure. You promised this country free and fair elections and you kept your word. You have also expanded the space for young Nigerians to participate in the democratic process through diligence, equity and fairness.

Long live GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by redgem(f): 3:40am On Apr 04, 2015
LONG LIVE GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.. He was a good president and a man of peace, but the blind ones could not just see it...
Re: My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by Ilekeh(f): 3:42am On Apr 04, 2015
I'm just happy that the incompetent, father of corruption is leaving Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by tochinoyi(m): 6:28am On Apr 04, 2015
Arizona1:
Mr President, I write to you through this medium to xpress my gratitude to the act of statesmanship highly demonstrated by you during the past presidential and National assembly elections.
In the history of our great country Nigeria, you have done what no past president has ever done,you are truly a man of honour and integrity and I know posterity will not forget you.
On Tuesday march 31st 2015, you wrote your name and Nigeria into the history book by calling General Muhammadu Buhari(rtd) to congratulate him on his victory at the presidential poll. That phone call alone saved our dear country from breaking into violence and disaster after announcing election results.

Some call you clueless, others call you ineffectual but the insightful assessment of you shows you are a true statesman and Nigeria’s ultimate pacifist with the interest on this country always foremost on your mind. You were vilified and insulted. There is perhaps no sitting president in the history of Nigeria that was taken to the cleaners the way Nigerians took you but finally you have emerged the winner. Not of an electoral contest but for your triumph of simplicity and calmness. You suffered election loss but you gained moral victory which has assured your space among the community of statesmen in Africa and the world at large.

Mr President, we all know that you could’ve taken the shorter but dangerous road towards ensuring your success in this election where your name will be written with a pen soaked in blood of your fellow countrymen and women, but like you always say and I quote; “my ambition of becoming the president does not worth the blood of any single Nigerian”, you stood by your words and chose the ground of moral and operational engagement all through the electioneering process. You forgot that you are a politician, threw away Nigeria’s vicious nature of politics and focused on transformation projects all around the country. You lost at the polls but your legacies will live in the history this nation forever.

Mr president your greatest achievement was broadening Nigerian democratic space with the Freedom Of Information Bill. Before now, it is a known fact in Nigeria that incumbents often deploy state powers to muzzle the opposition. Members of the opposition are harassed and state institutions are often deployed to intimidate them and shut them out of the democratic space but not a certain President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Some of your associates and aides believed that your tolerance of the opposition led to your loss of this election. What many might have taken to be your weakness has turned out to be your strength and symbol of legacy which will outlive you forever. You have also raised the bar in statesmanship to the extent that you have unknowingly put those who benefitted from your political tolerance in a moral tight corner.

Beyond your unequalled tolerance to the opposition, you made the improvement on the nation’s infrastructure your priority. You stood firmly by your words in your transformation agenda for our dear country, from roads to agriculture, water resources to food security, power to oil and gas, infact Mr President you ensured that Nigerians were made to feel the impact of government during your administration. They said you could not fight corruption but the first and greatest move you made in 1st January 2012 to eliminate entirely the biggest form of corruption which has been eating deep in the nation’s economy and hindering the economic growth of this country which was removal of fuel subsidy was frustrated by the same people of Nigeria that are complaining of corruption today. Before you came into power, Nigeria had no minister for Petroleum and no Nigeria has ever heard of what is called “Subsidy”. Today an ordinary man on the street not only knows about subsidy but also knows how much the federal government pays yearly to subsidize fuel; what a transparent governance by your administration. They talked about insecurity. Nigeria does not have problem of security but problem of terrorism. America as strong as they are as world powers still faces the same problem of terrorism till today. What about our little country Nigeria.

Mr President let me say that you scored the highest point in the area of road construction. For a long time, many felt the Sagamu-Benin expressway was cursed. So also was the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. For eight years, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, an All Progressives Congress (APC) sympathizer could not do anything on those roads. But Jonathan took on these roads and worked on them. The portion of the Sagamu-Benin road that stretches from Ore to Benin City was totally reconstructed. This was a road that travelers used to spend nights on before its rehabilitation. Today, the road is one of the smoothest in this part of the world. Not only has it been totally reconstructed, it has also been expanded with good lay-bys to make life easier for drivers in cases of emergency.
The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is also being reconstructed and expanded from the initial four lanes to six lanes. In fact, the reconstruction is being handled by two construction giants – Julius Berger and RCC Limited. In the northern and eastern part of the country, the story is the same.

Mr President I cannot list all your achievements here but one this I’ll say is that you have established a legacy of democratic freedom, transparency, economic growth and free and fair elections and I will like to see it endure. You promised this country free and fair elections and you kept your word. You have also expanded the space for young Nigerians to participate in the democratic process through diligence, equity and fairness.

Long live GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
God Bless Nigeria.

GEJ IS THE HERO OF OUR TIME I SALUTE YOU SIR
Re: My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by princealbashir: 6:29am On Apr 04, 2015
Some of the points you listed as achievements were actually why people voted him out!
Subsidy and Corruption!
Thank God he's leaving Aso Rock already! Now Nigerians will understand subsidy has never been a problem in this country, it is corruption - which PGEJ failed to tackle.
Re: My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by Mboi: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
May God bless GEJ
Re: My Open Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by sonssyo: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2015
princealbashir:
Some of the points you listed as achievements were actually why people voted him out!
Subsidy and Corruption!
Thank God he's leaving Aso Rock already! Now Nigerians will understand subsidy has never been a problem in this country, it is corruption - which PGEJ failed to tackle.

OK ,let me remind u that your govt is planning on how to remove subsidy,as for corruption, it has no end in our dear country cos its still d same corrupt eggs that will soon become your ministers. Nigerian politicians are d same,they don't have d interest of d masses in their hearts but lips.I hope Efcc magic will not be a wild goose chase. am laughing in Greek grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Make Up The " Buhari Cabinet". / Senate Presidency: Tinubu Bows To Pressure, Dumps Akume / poo Tanker Help In Quenching A Burning 14seater Commercial Bus (picture Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.