Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose (31820 Views)

APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly / INEC Releases Niger State Assembly Results / Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by Caseless: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mykevp2p:
Rather than concentrate on their re-election bid, they are busy chasing shadow. This current house of Assembly in Ekiti cannot impeach Fayose and from the look of things, I doubt if APC will have the majority in the next house.
before the next HOA reconvene , fayose could be impeached.
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by grandlexuz(m): 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
Is Fayose related to Orubebe?
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by neocortex: 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
9jvirgin:
Fayose will not last three months, that guy is an embarrassment to the people of ekiti, they should be ashamed of him.

Fayose is loved by all in Ekiti , you can go and die if you are not comfortable with that.
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by ogene007: 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Here begins the plot to derail the third republic. These evil forces should understand that May 29 is still far, it is not late to scuttle this democratic system. Good luck to these evil men.
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by SenatorJames(m): 10:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
My thought also.
Mykevp2p:
Rather than concentrate on their re-election bid, they are busy chasing shadow. This current house of Assembly in Ekiti cannot impeach Fayose and from the look of things, I doubt if APC will have the majority in the next house.
If that is the last thing GEJ will use his federal power to do before he leaves office, i am sure he will not hesitate to save Fayose of this impeachment by military or civilian power, and the impeachment will not be possible even when power shifts to APC at the federal level if APC fails to have majority in the state house of assembly. Another reason April 11 election may not be perfectly free and fair in the state, because the fate of Fayose after 29th May depends on it.
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by Franchise21(m): 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
ARBITRAGEUR:
my brother, I am an Ekiti man who is deeply rooted in Ekiti politics. I was even an observer in the presidential/national Assembly election that gave me opportunity to move around freely during the election. See, I don't see anybody impeaching Fayose in Ekiti. That guy is too smart. One, he is so much loved by Ekiti people, call him anything, Ekiti people will do anything to defend and protect him. Secondly, the 19 members have no locus standi to commence impeachmentt against him, it will amount to contempt of law. Thirdly, PDP will clear the HOA election of next weekend. Now, the real gist is that all the contestants of PDP were core loyalists of Fayose who were handpicked by him. He used his money to buy forms for all of them. He ensured that they are people who are not so learned and exposed. Among them are musicians, cultural dancers etc. He has made them to sign undated resignation lettter which he has kept to blackmail them in future in case they want to sell out that is after taken an oath of allegiance with him. So you see how difficult it is for them to be bought?
He was impeached bfor n can still b impeached again
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by hush15: 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
Clemzzz:
Honestly,if Fayose could be impeached by the lawmakers based on the alleged gross misconduct,after thorough investigation is made,it will be better for this nation.He is a disgrace to Nigeria,as a governor.

Prejudice is all I can see. So Nigerian to think of a man who stands for what he believes in but all because he is PDP, you all biased minds can tongue lash him anyway you please. I won't be surprised. You all have insulted Mr. President in a most digusting way.

You all can pray for his impeachment but God is the one that giveth power and the only one that can take it. He said the truth and you all reject the truth. Your change is in, let's see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Remember, cos as you bring this man down, so will the forces of life bring you all down. Wicked and irrationally sentimental souls.

God will put you all to shame.
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by hush15: 11:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
princealbashir:
My good Ekiti people, I pity you honestly! You deserve someone better than this man! But you can rejoice now because very soon - hopefully, he'll be sent packing and become the first governor in Nigeria to be impeached twice! Fayose is a goner already! Knw ds the day GMB was declared winner! He was rigged in, and gt nothing good to offer the people of Ekiti state! He's a thief and a tout. It'll be the best thing that'll happen to Ekiti people if he's impeached.

And I dare to prove you wrong. Fayose is the man of the people. Even the presidential elections speaks for it self. The people voted PDP. He didn't intimidate them or excessively influence them to cast their lot. Ekiti State was the first to roll in the results. They believe in the man.

All this misconception bout Fayose should be stop. He may have been blantant in his comment during campaign but so was APC. It was a clear political battle doesn't mean he is unfit to rule. I know a lot of APC supporters are online but that doesn't mean we should start witch hunting.

That guy has the right to express himself. He didn't say it behind, he confronted it head on. I admire his courage. The opponent still won and he has accepted his lot and move on. Yet, some people who went to hiding came out all of a sudden cos their party won the elction and they feel they can exercise power even before been invested upon them. That is so wrong. It is called abuse of power. They didn't make a statement bout investigating anything. Its now time the feel responsible to do their job. We shouldn't allow this! Today is fayose, moro might be someone you have affinity for.

This so called tape has also been misconstrued as the tape wasn't bout fayose rigging, the tape was bout Fayose complaining bout rigging and was asking the authority to perform their duty. Else, where was the tape during tribunal. True justice is doing the right. Impeaching Fayose isn't the right thing.
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by hush15: 12:21am On Apr 05, 2015
dyabman:
Sometimes I just feel ashamed that I'm from that end undecided

Why did they voted him ? Because of food angry rubbish.

Abeg, which from there are you? Am sure you just saying you there but not there. Trying to belong is more like it.

It was never bout the food and even it was, are you blind to the fact that many politicians even from the opposition adopted his strategy? But then again, its never bout the food he shared. The voted for him before he even gave food sef. So talk another one...
Re: Ekiti State Assembly Commences Plot To Impeach Governor Fayose by SenAwo(m): 5:45am On Apr 05, 2015
The guy na real clown.He should have faced the government he was elected for and be cautions, its has always been rigging as usual, with the raw statement of "TAKE YOUR CASE TO THE COURT" was y the rascal believed the PDP will never vacate sit. But God shamed the slowpoke and is now looking for sympathy as he once did before he was elected.Your father.

Well, I no to blame am.it was the former Gov Fayemi that really brightened is chance becos mr fmr gov will never take any advice as new.he was always the island of knowledge. For all i care,#BRINGBACKMYEKITI#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Storm Magistrate Court, Beat Up Officials And Free Suspects / FG May Withdraw Dogara’s Security Details / Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.