Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. (4365 Views)

Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Misogynist2014(m): 10:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:

If i tell you i understand any of the things you wrote above, then i am a liar.
I remember telling you to stop your fallacious assumptions about me when ever you are discussing with me and please stop the ad hominem.

About the letter if timothy we were talking before you yapped all that crap above, i will say no more about it but let me take a snap shot of the New Community Bible (Catholic edition) Read the introduction to the letter of timothy and see i deal only with facts when i discuss issues.

Seriously resorting to ad hominem and stupendous assumptions about me will make me stop discussing anything with you cus the last i remember i have never assumed anything about you..

Now read and learn then do you own individual research..
I knew it will hit you hard, but I tender my apologies. I didn't say you don't base your writings on facts (at least to you), but on one sided facts. Like I always said, I don't see pictures on opera mini, but I beg to be corrected that all Bibles have similar verses. If you read the epistles well, you'll read where he mentioned being in chains and taken to Rome and also how he was saved on road to Damascus, all of which can be found in the Acts of the Apostles. This link should be of invaluable help on having idea of what the pro Paul authorship think about the opposing views: . . http://helpmewithbiblestudy.org/11Church/TeachWhoAuthor1_2Timothy.aspx
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 10:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I knew it will hit you hard, but I tender my apologies. I didn't say you don't base your writings on facts (at least to you), but on one sided facts. Like I always said, I don't see pictures on opera mini, but I beg to be corrected that all Bibles have similar verses. If you read the epistles well, you'll read where he mentioned being in chains and taken to Rome and also how he was saved on road to Damascus, all of which can be found in the Acts of the Apostles. This link should be of invaluable help on having idea of what the pro Paul authorship think about the opposing views: . . http://helpmewithbiblestudy.org/11Church/TeachWhoAuthor1_2Timothy.aspx

And if you had read my post well you would have seen where i wrote the writer attributed the letter to paul.

Try and find a way and read the bible page i sent you. the church traditions attributes the letter to paul but critical analysis shows the letter must be a few decades after the death of paul.

Let me beg you again, when ever you are discussing with me dont bring my personality or assume anything about me cus that will be the last time i will bother discussing with you.

And try taking your research to none apologetic and widely accepted world encyclopedia http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_to_Timothy
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 05, 2015
macof:

Ok and you have? Lemme guess to u spiritual insight is seeing angels with wings wearing white, a beaded man sitting on a golden chair, a golden gate, the ground made of clouds and many more fables
Understanding the length and breadth the height and depth of the mystery of God
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 05, 2015
johnydon22:
Lol can you imagine.. cheesy

Now he is asking me questions like am some kind of all knowing scientist.. How does these questions have anything to do with the matters in hand..hahahahaha cheesy

**sighs** seems like ur own christianity turns you dumb that you jump from a topic to another that has nothing to do with the topic we are dealing with.
grin

Anyway Let me just give you a little incentive about ur questions since you seriously want to learn smiley

What is wind? smiley
seem you didn't pay any attention to biology class in secondary school if not you would have known about plant water transportation.
**whispers** please stop making a fool of urself with dumb questions ...grin

Lmao.. Have u ever heard about Orbit and Parent star gravitational pull before?
Since you obviously havent read about plant water transportation, how do i expect you to know what Nuclear fusion is...

Now please go and study more then open a thread and invite me..let us face the topic of this thread.. Don't derail it again boy.. smiley

interesting keep displaying your stupidity......they are really enjoying it
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 05, 2015
An2elect2:

i think speaking to a wall will be more fruitful. bye papist we don't worship the same Christ.
Very funny.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2015
starlingleanets:
interesting keep displaying your stupidity......they are really enjoying it
lol cheesy. . .Boy u need more books. read more and extensively cus ur arguments are lame, questions are dumb, drop that ancient stupendous primitive book called bible....You are a 21st century homo sapiens, so start acting like it... have a nice one.. smiley
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 7:28am On Apr 05, 2015
starlingleanets:
Understanding the length and breadth the height and depth of the mystery of God

Is God a topic in geometry?
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
It is true the Holy Bible was compiled by the then catholic church and a lot of scripts which are in the Catholic museum didn't make it for one reason or the other, due to either being a myth or had been tampered with by mormons. [b]The whole church was once the Catholic church[\b] . Even there are manuscripts that would have stamped the Catholic church which did not make it, thanks to the Mesias, King James. To show you how audacious those scripts are, Jesus said 'split a piece of wood into two and I will be there' in the book of Thomas! Does that look like a statement made by Christ? What about the book of infancy of Jesus, where a boy touched Jesus and died instantly! If the Bible were a mere myth, I would have quit it a long time ago. It answers all mysteries, it is honest in morality, and has 100% accuracy in history. I believe in the Bible, hope you do?

I believe the bible to be the authoritative word of God. So yes, i believe it 100%.

However, i do not believe that the catholic church was responsible for determining which books where true and inspired by God as they claim.

The bible itself is an authority on its own and contains the eternal word of God that cannot pass away but will live on forever. And that's the reason we still have the word today. Its not because of the church of Rome but because God's word cannot be stopped.

At embolden. Sorry, but the catholic church( whether then or now) was never the first church. That's a big lie they tell to people so they can stand as second authority/lord after God. The Christian church is the first church and the only church founded not on man but on the Rock of ages, Jesus Christ.

Jesus was not born in Rome or a gentile country but in Israel, a Jew. His disciples were of the same stock with him who later became the first Christians (hence church) after his departure. It was later that they spread out to other regions outside Israel, Paul being a major instrument.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Rich4god(m): 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
An2elect2:

I believe the bible to be the authoritative word of God. So yes, i believe it 100%.

However, i do not believe that the catholic church was responsible for determining which books where true and inspired by God as they claim.

The bible itself is an authority on its own and contains the eternal word of God that cannot pass away but will live on forever. And that's the reason we still have the word today. Its not because of the church of Rome but because God's word cannot be stopped.

At embolden. Sorry, but the catholic church( whether then or now) was never the first church. That's a big lie they tell to people so they can stand as second authority/lord after God. The Christian church is the first church and the only church founded not on man but on the Rock of ages, Jesus Christ.

Jesus was not born in Rome or a gentile country but in Israel, a Jew. His disciples were of the same stock with him who later became the first Christians (hence church) after his departure. It was later that they spread out to other regions outside Israel, Paul being a major instrument.

smh.... Plz answer this two question..
The early scripts wee written in individual scrolls... How did it turn out into a book called the bible today and why is it that just a hand full mad it into the bible out of all the available manuscript.

Second... If there was a church before the Catholic church, why is the church now or at what point did it cease to exist.. Waiting for your reply.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by charlsecy(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Jesus Not Available means that period when Jesus was praying with the apostles/disciples, and couldn't easily be sighted publicly teaching like He used to do. This corresponds to the period after the Truimphant Entry into Jerusalem.

The Pharisees had to be led by Judas to where Jesus was. During this period in the Calendar of the Catholic Church, cricifixes are covered with a cloth.

I hope you now understand?
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by IDGAF(m): 12:05am On Apr 06, 2015
starlingleanets:
I rest my case since you don't hv spiritual insight
Plssss,dnt rest ur case! Since u av spiritual insights explain 2 us,we r all learning! Where is it mentioned in dat verse u quoted dat the head of the catholic church(Not any other church o!),wud be d anti-christ?
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 12:19am On Apr 06, 2015
An2elect2:

Lmao look this ignorant and yet arrogant lady
When will you have sense to realize that history is not a belief system
Facts are there
1. All new testament books were examined and compiled by the catholics
2. We don't know what Jesus and his friends really believed because the books in the Bible that talk about them aren't authentic..either written by hearsay, or by Unknown authors claiming big names close to Jesus
3. Early non members of the church, like gnostics were forced to dump their beliefs or die

This is fact lady not emotional sentiment

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by IDGAF(m): 1:02am On Apr 06, 2015
An2elect2:

Don't base ur argurements on ur personal perceptions or what ur pastor told u.Make ur research! By d way,do u tink d word bible even existed during d days of d apostles or even after years dey died.The bible is a collection of letters written by people bearing different account of Jesus or His apostles.It was d CATHOLIC CHURCH through a council held dat studied this manuscripts(We call bible 2day) to ascertain truth,authenticity and morality frm it.This is fact! Not an assumption!The church still meets 2 discuss n review d other manuscripts and even existing ones in the "Bible". why are the original manuscripts of the bible not with ur pastor or G.O?(No offence ment).The catholic church through wisdom,compiled d books 2 bcome an adequate reference for christian study n 2day we call it "The Bible" or "The Holy Scriptures"

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by IDGAF(m): 1:33am On Apr 06, 2015
Don't know y wen it comes 2 d catholic church people are not rational in thinking.They argue with presumptions.Things they grew up hearing as a child frm frends or even as adults,things they hear from their pastor about the catholic church.Am a catholic and I don't say islam is a lie.How do u know a lie,is it not wen u study dat lie beyond reasonable doubts?So y do u say something is a lie wen u do not av adequate knowledge of it.Am an everyday christian(catholic)but I take tym 2 study other religions and even denominations and not base my thinking 2 wat a pastor or a priest told me.I'd advice we all do same
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Rich4god(m): 8:19am On Apr 06, 2015
macof:

Lmao look this ignorant and yet arrogant lady
When will you have sense to realize that history is not a belief system
Facts are there
1. All new testament books were examined and compiled by the catholics
2. We don't know what Jesus and his friends really believed because the books in the Bible that talk about them aren't authentic..either written by hearsay, or by Unknown authors claiming big names close to Jesus
3. Early non members of the church, like gnostics were forced to dump their beliefs or die

This is fact lady not emotional sentiment

Do you think their pastor will tell them that the bible was compiled by the one church they so much speak against in their every day sermon....

They keep saying there is another early Christian church aside the Catholic Church... But they can't tell us where the church is or when did it cease to exist.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Lancelott(m): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
The whole church was never catholic
My dear go and research... what you think about my faith is your business but please don't go about saying what you don't know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Masturbating / An Appeal To Seun Osewa To Be Silent No More / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.