Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. (4353 Views)

Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ifeann:

Please who made this prophesy, where is it written. I am very interested to know..
hahahahahaha

He is referring to the beast in the book of revelation. . . Little did he know that the book of revelation was written during the time the young christian sect was under going persecution under the rulership of the roman emperor domitian.

The apocalyptic work was being addressed to the Christians, the writer borrowed apocalyptic styles from the book of daniel to explain.
The code name 666 was referring to the emperor and the author used it so that the officials wouldn't decipher what it meant.

Tho the church teaches that the later part of apocalyptic material extends to the future, thats basically one of the reasons the book is still being used now and was added to the canon of the bible in the 4th century.

The guy is free to interpret it anyhow he chooses...lol.. after all every other person is doing it..
(Everybody believes the bible means what they say and not what it says)

2 Likes

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by royallord1(m): 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

catholicism is a product of sham and pagan practices.
It has a cold history of slaying Christians/people who refused bowing to its harlotry. It has no connection to Christianity or the Christ of the bible.

We who are called Christians are called so because of Christ in us and not our association to some institutionalised poo.

u are so ignorant and childish in thinking......hope u dont have a BEHAVIOUR DISORDER

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ifeann:

Please who made this prophesy, where is it written. I am very interested to know..
Here in Revelation 13:1-8
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

catholicism is a product of sham and pagan practices.
It has a cold history of slaying Christians/people who refused bowing to its harlotry. It has no connection to Christianity or the Christ of the bible.

We who are called Christians are called so because of Christ in us and not our association to some institutionalised poo.

You are obviously uneducated. Listen to your father Martin Luther saying the Bible is a Catholic book...
"We are obliged to yield many
things to the Papists--that with
them is the Word of God, which
we received from them;
otherwise we should have known
nothing at all about it."
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahahaha

He is referring to the beast in the book of revelation. . . Little did he know that the book of revelation was written during the time the young christian sect was under going persecution under the rulership of the roman emperor domitian.

The apocalyptic work was being addressed to the Christians, the writer borrowed apocalyptic styles from the book of daniel to explain.
The code name 666 was referring to the emperor and the author used it so that the officials wouldn't decipher what it meant.

Tho the church teaches that the later part of apocalyptic material extends to the future, thats basically one of the reasons the book is still being used now and was added to the canon of the bible in the 4th century.

The guy is free to interpret it anyhow he chooses...lol.. after all every other person is doing it..
(Everybody believes the bible means what they say and not what it says)
I rest my case since you don't hv spiritual insight
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
transformer2019:
do u know wad u sayin?
Name the church until d 16th century dat was in existence aside the catholic church
The early Church left by the Apostles is. This early church is seventh Day Adventist check history SDA is the Oldest yet smallest Church in the world.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Opiosko:
Just heard that Roman Catholic churches removes their sacraments from 'good Friday' evening to Easter Sunday cos they believes that Jesus Christ is not available at these periods..... What heresy? May God forgive them.
Calm down my Protestant brother. This is just a tradition ok...it is not dogma or theology and is only done out of respect to the crucified Christ. Have you heard of the Triduum Mass? Or the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts in the Eastern Church?
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
starlingleanets:
Lol am sorry for bursting your bubbles with facts my dear.. I didnt even say anything against ur beliefs..smiley

Can you try and refute anything i said there with facts... i will gladly like to take you on that discussion.. smiley
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol am sorry for bursting your bubbles with facts my dear.. I didnt even say anything against ur beliefs..smiley
loma
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:

What u call fact is foolishness b4 God....... Do read my signature nd do the needful. PEACE
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
starlingleanets:
The early Church left by the Apostles is. This early church is seventh Day Adventist check history SDA is the Oldest yet smallest Church in the world.
Excuse me? Was the SDA not invented in 1863 in Michigan, USA?!!!! When did it become an ancient church? Can u name any SDAs before 1863?
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
starlingleanets:
What u call fact is foolishness b4 God....... Do read my signature nd do the needful. PEACE

First i am not a christian, i am an atheist smiley

So historical facts are foolishness unto ur god? no wonder none of the fables in his alleged book are historically accurate..

seems ur god is allergic to the truth huh? wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:

First i am not a christian, i am an atheist smiley

So historical facts are foolishness unto ur god? no wonder none of the fables in his alleged book are historically accurate..

seems ur god is allergic to the truth huh? wink
Can you tell me where the wind comes from or how water take enter coconut or how the earth was suspended in space or why the energy of the sun never run down? If You cannot explain this simple things then it will be interesting to watch you display the magnificiency of your ignorance here.

*spread mat*
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lol can you imagine.. cheesy

Now he is asking me questions like am some kind of all knowing scientist.. How does these questions have anything to do with the matters in hand..hahahahaha cheesy

**sighs** seems like ur own christianity turns you dumb that you jump from a topic to another that has nothing to do with the topic we are dealing with.
grin

Anyway Let me just give you a little incentive about ur questions since you seriously want to learn smiley

starlingleanets:
Can you tell me where the wind comes from
What is wind? smiley
starlingleanets:

or how water take enter coconut
seem you didn't pay any attention to biology class in secondary school if not you would have known about plant water transportation.
**whispers** please stop making a fool of urself with dumb questions ...grin
starlingleanets:

or how the earth was suspended in space
Lmao.. Have u ever heard about Orbit and Parent star gravitational pull before?
starlingleanets:

or why the energy of the sun never run down?
Since you obviously havent read about plant water transportation, how do i expect you to know what Nuclear fusion is...
starlingleanets:

If You cannot explain this simple things then it will be interesting to watch you display the magnificiency of your ignorance here.

*spread mat*
Now please go and study more then open a thread and invite me..let us face the topic of this thread.. Don't derail it again boy.. smiley

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by dayodare490: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
eleko1:
Nah dem sabi.if they like they can use leaf sew thir clothes.JESUS IS ALIVE.JESUS IS LORD
What I notice around the world of today is that there is war between God and mankind. (God versus mankind) so, who is going to win? I am sure mankind will leak God's boot begging for their lives.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 5:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:
we are all born pagans? not really. We are all born sinners subject to the law of God by nature. We are not free beings who can choose to disassociate ourselves without repercussions owing to the fact that we were made for God and are accountable to Him.
bleep your sinners trash, nobody is born a sinner, you sin when you sin not at birth
Since when did living become a sin

Now,there is something wrong with anyone that takes pride in heathenism/ barbarism, which are abominations before God.
call it heathenism or barbarism, you were born a pagan. Check my signature for reference, and you would probably need to visit wikipedia for a few reading on paganism

you are blabbing. Who were they early men that God used to write His gospel? were they from Rome? Didn't they write the books before the blood sucking cult layed hold of them? when did catholicism start?
well my dear miss, if you know just a little...just small about Christian history both in the Bible and other sources around the middle east and Europe, you would know of emperor constantine and the council of Nicaea

Out of the 4 gospels only Luke is likely to be authentic, Matthew, Mark and John are copies written by Unknown authors

Luke was an historian who never knew Jesus or the disciples, a man who wrote all his books - Acts and Luke based on hearsay, 50 years after Jesus's death
Not by eyewitness or personal knowledge and certainly not by any holy spirit juice

Gospel of Mark is written 70AD, when Apostle Mark died 3 years earlier
Gospel of Matthew is copied from Mark
The Romans had all this books in their possessions and modified Mark, the 1st and oldest gospel written by an Unknown person
There are gospel of Peter, gospel of judas, gospel of Mary Magdalen...my personal favourite is gospel of Thomas written by gnostic Christians who claimed Mary Magdalen was their leader
Almost 50 gospels exist, yet only 4 were added into the Bible. Guess who decided which made it into the Bible? Almighty Catholic church

Try watching YouTube videos on Christian history and read more on Catholism and evolution of the Christian faith

have you ever read the bible? or you criticise it based on hearsay?
go and find out and take along you these research questions.
lol I should be asking you that question
read the old testament and new, to find out how much changed due to catholic influence

You don't sound reasonable at all. Does He(Christ) need a system of carnal men to call him God before He becomes God? Does God need to be called King before He becomes king.

Ok so Jesus is better off a God without worshipers

Do you know the gospel is the power of God to save a soul. It is not something to joke with or let men modify at their own volition. It is God breathed and does not need modifying or addition or subtraction.
guess what Constantine didn't care about ur God, he modified the old gospels and left many others out of the Bible

We don't know the true beliefs of Christians before 320AD because the newly empowered bishops ordered the death of heretics, destroyed all earlier Christian records and told the story of Jesus the way they wanted

Am a christian and i do not belong to any denomination and am no gnostic. Thanks.
lol grin you don't go to church simple

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
macof the gospel of luke have its source from mark too...
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:
macof the gospel of luke have its source from mark too...

True but Mark wasn't written by the person who died 3 years earlier
Luke remains the only one with it's true author, regardless the copy..obviously Luke had to copy from preexisting text, he didn't know a thing about christianity on his own

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
starlingleanets:

Ok and you have? Lemme guess to u spiritual insight is seeing angels with wings wearing white, a beaded man sitting on a golden chair, a golden gate, the ground made of clouds and many more fables

2 Likes

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 6:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
macof:

bleep your sinners trash, nobody is born a sinner, you sin when you sin not at birth
Since when did living become a sin

call it heathenism or barbarism, you were born a pagan. Check my signature for reference, and you would probably need to visit wikipedia for a few reading on paganism

well my dear miss, if you know just a little...just small about Christian history both in the Bible and other sources around the middle east and Europe, you would know of emperor constantine and the council of Nicaea

Out of the 4 gospels only Luke is likely to be authentic, Matthew, Mark and John are copies written by Unknown authors

Luke was an historian who never knew Jesus or the disciples, a man who wrote all his books - Acts and Luke based on hearsay, 50 years after Jesus's death
Not by eyewitness or personal knowledge and certainly not by any holy spirit juice

Gospel of Mark is written 70AD, when Apostle Mark died 3 years earlier
Gospel of Matthew is copied from Mark
The Romans had all this books in their possessions and modified Mark, the 1st and oldest gospel written by an Unknown person
There are gospel of Peter, gospel of judas, gospel of Mary Magdalen...my personal favourite is gospel of Thomas written by gnostic Christians who claimed Mary Magdalen was their leader
Almost 50 gospels exist, yet only 4 were added into the Bible. Guess who decided which made it into the Bible? Almighty Catholic church

Try watching YouTube videos on Christian history and read more on Catholism and evolution of the Christian faith

lol I should be asking you that question
read the old testament and new, to find out how much changed due to catholic influence

Ok so Jesus is better off a God without worshipers

guess what Constantine didn't care about ur God, he modified the old gospels and left many others out of the Bible

We don't know the true beliefs of Christians before 320AD because the newly empowered bishops ordered the death of heretics, destroyed all earlier Christian records and told the story of Jesus the way they wanted

lol grin you don't go to church simple

what a waste. bye.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2015
Papist:

You are obviously uneducated. Listen to your father Martin Luther saying the Bible is a Catholic book...
"We are obliged to yield many
things to the Papists--that with
them is the Word of God, which
we received from them;
otherwise we should have known
nothing at all about it."

i think speaking to a wall will be more fruitful. bye papist we don't worship the same Christ.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
royallord1:

u are so ignorant and childish in thinking......hope u dont have a BEHAVIOUR DISORDER

is that your only submission after reading the truth? i thought you will order for my head too. grin
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by davien(m): 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

i think speaking to a wall will be more fruitful. bye papist we don't worship the same Christ.
And so begins another Christian sect.....
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
Misogynist2014:
It is true the Holy Bible was compiled by the then catholic church and a lot of scripts which are in the Catholic museum didn't make it for one reason or the other, due to either being a myth or had been tampered with by mormons. The whole church was once the Catholic church. Even there are manuscripts that would have stamped the Catholic church which did not make it, thanks to the Mesias, King James. To show you how audacious those scripts are, Jesus said 'split a piece of wood into two and I will be there' in the book of Thomas! Does that look like a statement made by Christ? What about the book of infancy of Jesus, where a boy touched Jesus and died instantly! If the Bible were a mere myth, I would have quit it a long time ago. It answers all mysteries, it is honest in morality, and has 100% accuracy in history. I believe in the Bible, hope you do?

i will reply this later smiley
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by An2elect2(f): 7:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
davien:
And so begins another Christian sect.....

There are no sects in Christianity. All Christians are one by virtue of the single spirit of Christ in us. Others are tares that would be removed out and burned at the end. It is because of them that we seem divided but we are not.

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

what a waste. bye.

Ok my post was a waste but that was so your life won't be a waste

Why not let's start of by you telling how you find truths in a compilation of books that have no verified authors...Romans could have written them

2 Likes

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by macof(m): 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

There are no sects in Christianity. All Christians are one by virtue of the single spirit of Christ in us. Others are tares that would be removed out and burned at the end. It is because of them that we seem divided but we are not.

Really? This girl is certainly On her own sect

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by davien(m): 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
An2elect2:

Actually there are over 40,000 sects...

As there are reported to be approximately 41,000 Christian denominations

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

1 Like

Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by davien(m): 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
macof:

Ok my post was a waste but that was so your life won't be a waste

Why not let's start of by you telling how you find truths in a compilation of books that have no verified authors...Romans could have written them
macof, if you read her replies you'd notice she's the type of person that takes words like "probably,could be,likely" to mean you don't know for certain...
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Misogynist2014(m): 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok let me take off my atheistic views now and discuss this theologically with you, hope that will be ok.. smiley

Most letters you see in the new testament are just a little fraction of available write ups then.
The first criteria for choosing the books is if they have a sound moral guidance and christian theological foundation.

The book of timothy, being a more late add up to the bible canon was not written by paul but an unknown author who ascribes this letter to paul.
It was added to the bible because of its fundamental christian theological approach and is referred to as pastoral letters in the sense that is poses a guidance to the pastoral authority of the church.

that verse 1 timoth 2:5-6 can be theologically explained to mean that the man Jesus is referred to the Man nature of Jesus. You do know quite well that the catholic doctrine teaches Jesus have two distinct natures God and man so the verse wasn't contradictory.
I read both the First and Second Timothy and I will say I'm disappointed in you, but it is written : For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to
sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own
desires and will look for teachers who will tell them
whatever their itching ears want to hear.

Going through each letter, it starts with 'From Paul' but since you have seen and read things you wish to hear, you quickly discard the obvious and take as fact arguments which you can easily find opposition to with a single click. You left Christianity because you placed Bible as one which is untrue and then find points to back them even till today. The Bible says Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they
received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to
see if what Paul said was true.

The same Bible says: But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;

You have said in your mind that the Bible is false and you run after everything said as if it is ultimate truth once it agrees with your will. I also tested the Bible, but with the passion that what can touch the human life so perfectly should be true and it is. But you in your mind think that professors should be right, that science should be true, that God cannot be proven and so doesn't exist, limiting your instincts and going on a vain search, which surprisingly isn't to prove God but to be sure of His non-existence. I have researched and researched, NOTHING will make me lose my Faith, not now, nor in ages to come. As I hope that though a sinner, I will reign with the Son of God.

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us
realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to
do what is right.
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
What happens when you point out undeniable facts to a deluded fellow?...
An2elect2:
what a waste. bye.
An2elect2:
An2elect2:
i will reply this later smiley
Re: HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. by johnydon22(m): 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I read both the First and Second Timothy and I will say I'm disappointed in you, but it is written : For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to
sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own
desires and will look for teachers who will tell them
whatever their itching ears want to hear.

Going through each letter, it starts with 'From Paul' but since you have seen and read things you wish to hear, you quickly discard the obvious and take as fact arguments which you can easily find opposition to with a single click. You left Christianity because you placed Bible as one which is untrue and then find points to back them even till today. The Bible says Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they
received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to
see if what Paul said was true.

The same Bible says: But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;

You have said in your mind that the Bible is false and you run after everything said as if it is ultimate truth once it agrees with your will. I also tested the Bible, but with the passion that what can touch the human life so perfectly should be true and it is. But you in your mind think that professors should be right, that science should be true, that God cannot be proven and so doesn't exist, limiting your instincts and going on a vain search, which surprisingly isn't to prove God but to be sure of His non-existence. I have researched and researched, NOTHING will make me lose my Faith, not now, nor in ages to come. As I hope that though a sinner, I will reign with the Son of God.

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us
realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to
do what is right.

If i tell you i understand any of the things you wrote above, then i am a liar.
I remember telling you to stop your fallacious assumptions about me when ever you are discussing with me and please stop the ad hominem.

About the letter if timothy we were talking before you yapped all that crap above, i will say no more about it but let me take a snap shot of the New Community Bible (Catholic edition) Read the introduction to the letter of timothy and see i deal only with facts when i discuss issues.

Seriously resorting to ad hominem and stupendous assumptions about me will make me stop discussing anything with you cus the last i remember i have never assumed anything about you..

Now read and learn then do you own individual research..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

98-Year-Old Woman Confesses To Eating More Than 70 People As A Witch / ASE {spiritual Powers} ~ How To Activate & Grow Your Ase / Yookos Christian Who Smoke W E E D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.