Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,401 members, 7,812,175 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

How I Am Writing A Book - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How I Am Writing A Book (544 Views)

If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life, What Would The Title Be? / Help With A Novel I Am Writing / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Am Writing A Book by marenx: 10:13am On Apr 04, 2015
If you don’t know what a book is, you’re not reading this one. A book is your companion. You need it to source knowledge and education for successful living. A book can be fiction or nonfiction.

Working on a book is not easy. It needs not only you. What you can do alone is first, second and third draft, before showing to someone. Draft is a process of writing. First draft is the first thing you write after a plot, and an outline. It is never edited. While Plot is a summary of what you set to write, outline is a step-by-step you follow to reach conclusion.

Even novels that don’t have chapters or subheadings follow outline. A typical example of an outline is a topic sentence. A topic sentence is a topic of a paragraph. A paragraph is a unit of a passage.

The following is a paragraph containing a topic sentence in bold:

The form of mental energy by which the life instincts perform their work is called ‘libido.’it drives man into the search for pleasure. Right from infancy, the individual is influenced by it to achieve mature development. At infancy, the child’s search for gratification is limited to the release of hunger tension. This is attained by the child’s search for the mother’s breast. The child’s pleasure thus is the satisfaction of self, through the breast. In the 3rd or 4th year, the child’s genitals become a major focus of libidinal energy….

Outlines, however, can be used as topic sentences or subheadings. Subheadings can be termed as subtitles. For instance, under Family Issues as a title, we can have Father As A Head Of The Family as a subtitle. A subtitle or a subheading is a title or a heading under a title or a heading.

The following are examples of outlines under a title, How And Why Sexual Relationship Last:

-Introduction
-How Sexual Relationship Last
-Why Sexual Relationship Last

Using outlines simplifies the writing process 50%. It displays the map and the route of your content, indicating where you are heading to. It shows if your book is rich with good ideas and style for audience or not. Audience are the readers you must set in mind in planning and executing your writing process. Writing process is what I discussed further.

Writing process is what a writer must follow to get his or her writing published. To get a writing published is to send your writing to the publishing industry for publication. However, one can do self-publication. Selfpublication is an act of publishing your writing by yourself. This is a big risk if you are a newbie or if your writing is your debut. A newbie is an artist that is new in a particular niche. A debut is the first work one got published in a particular career or niche, like writing, music and painting.

The following is the writing process.

In the writing process, one needs to follow steps. Following steps is like walking to be an established and published writer. Being an established writer means becoming renown as a dedicated and experienced writer, through hard work and good style. Good style is an interesting thing to discuss, however, we need to be through with main issues (the writing process) first.

The Writing Process Step One: Getting What To Write About

The real beginning of non assignment writing is inspiration. Non assignment writing is a writing that is not given as an assignment. It is not also a ghost writing. A ghost writing is a kind of writing done by a professional writer to be claimed by the employer. Here an employer is a person that employs you to write his book. Most ghost writings are speeches, biographies and autobiography. No inspiration from the writer.

Inspiration is an idea of what to write about. Getting what to write about is not easy. Although there are bunches of ideas for fiction and nonfiction writing, getting ideas that attract audience is not easy. Ideas that are new or uncommon are what attract audience. To get ideas that are new or uncommon is not easy. What you need to do is random writing. Random writing is a type of writing you do even though you don’t know where you are heading to. It is also called free writing. From there you stumble on some words that open a window to something of interest to your readers. From there you may become a remarkable writer like those you know.

Writing Process Step Two: Forming A Plot Or Book Of Contents

Plot is a summary of what you intend to write about to remind you of where you are heading to. Where you are heading to can be a big reason why you are writing the book. It is a core content to conclusion. Your readers are expected to follow where you are heading to to understand the message you are putting across.

Example of a short plot:

“He fought his parents to get his wife.”

Plot is only useful to fiction or narrative writers.

Continue reading here https://marenjohnmafuyai./2015/04/04/how-i-am-writing-a-book/

(1) (Reply)

Untitled / Thoughts From A Broken Heart!!! / I Belong To Everybody But Belong To No One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.