Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,345 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos (2201 Views)

Shettima Denies Involvement In Leaked Tape On Igbos' Request For Biafra / Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by safarigirl(f): 11:05am On Apr 04, 2015
The 2015 Presidential elections have come and gone and we now have the winners and losers. Suffice it to say, the Igbo nation could be counted as some of the losers

This does not mean that all Igbos are losers.

It has come to my notice that certain elements on this site have made it a habit to attack the entire Igbo ethnic group every single time GEJ's name comes up as if Igbos were the only ones who supported Jonathan.

These elements have conveniently forgotten that some of the most outspoken GMB supporters on this forum are Igbo and now have resorted to blasting an entire tribe for the sins of a region.

When the likes of Berem, Obiagelli and UrennaNkoli were getting bashed left and right, when they were being disowned by their own people for supporting the General, these elements were on low-key status. Now that GMB has won, they have escaped from wherever to spew hate upon the entire Igbo nation as if they were solely responsible for GEJ's 12 million votes.

No one has attacked the people of Nassarawa, Taraba or Plateau States, GMB got more votes from Imo state than he got from Ekiti, but that's forgettable.

The level of insults we GMB supporters of the Igbo extraction got from supporting him far exceeded whatever any other GMB supporter from other tribes got from the same thing, but rather than consider the Okorocha's, Joe Igbokwes and Ngiges of the GMB team, some people have reduced GMB's win to some form of petty tribal contest.

GEJ probably got as much votes from S/West as he did from S/East. It was the Northern votes that made the difference, so it really beats me why some Yoruba people especially feel the need to attack the entire Igbo tribe as if one Yoruba state delivered a million votes to GMB.

I don't want to name names, but the perpetrators of this act must seize their pettiness. GEJ did not get 12 million votes from the East, in fact, he probably only got 2million from the East. If you must bash GEJ supporters, bash the over 900k that voted in A/Ibom, bash the over 200k that voted in Ondo, bash the over 400k that voted in Lagos, the over 200k that voted in Benue, Plateau and Taraba respectively.

The beauty in winning is not in mocking your rivals, but in proving to them through your actions that you were truly the better team, a noble winner is not one who gloats after his win, but the one who congratulates his opponent for a good fight.

Buhari may have won the election, but there's still a lot ahead of him, and those opponents you mock today, will serve as umpires from the sidelines...and some of them would be glad to play the tomato and sachet water throwers whenever the General errs (and there WILL be moments like that). Remember that while you gloat.

Thanks

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by izzyboy10(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2015
True talk op.
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by ManMountain(m): 11:19am On Apr 04, 2015
I completely agreed with you.
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by owobokiri(m): 11:39am On Apr 04, 2015
Those are mere online insults, wait till appointments and distribution of projects start. That is when the tribal hate foundation upon which this APC was formed will be clear to most people. Nigerias politics is tribal, pure and simple. All the exotic lexicons like "progressives" and "sophisticated politics" that are being bandied around are words imported into primodial politcs to give it some semblance of civility. ..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by joeyfire(m): 11:45am On Apr 04, 2015
Nice284:
nairaland

That plonker made me laugh my arze off grin
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by jmoore(m): 11:45am On Apr 04, 2015
safarigirl:
Suffice it to say, the Igbo nation could be counted as some of the losers

Means what?

undecided

1 Like

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by docsholz(m): 11:45am On Apr 04, 2015
owobokiri:
Those are mere online insults, wait till appointments and distribution of projects start. That is when the tribal hate foundation upon which this APC was formed will be clear to most people. Nigerias politics is tribal, pure and simple. All the exotic lexicons like "progressives" and "sophisticated politics" that are being bandied around are words imported into primodial politcs to give it some semblance of civility. ..
I doubt Nigeria can have a President more tribalistic than GEJ

6 Likes

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by ManMountain(m): 11:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Next time, they will be more circumspect in their voting pattern

1 Like

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by safarigirl(f): 11:49am On Apr 04, 2015
jmoore:

Means what?

undecided
means they 'could' be counted. You do know the meaning of the term 'could', right? undecided
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by jmoore(m): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2015
safarigirl:
means they 'could' be counted. You do know the meaning of the term 'could', right? undecided

And other tribes nko? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by safarigirl(f): 11:54am On Apr 04, 2015
owobokiri:
I personally do not think the leaders of APC share the same tribalistic tendencies as their followers.

I believe even Fashola appointed Igbos in core areas of his administration, Okorocha also has an Hausa man in his government. That is more than we can say for most PDP Governors, hence you can hardly accuse the APC leaders of bigotry
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by Dreambeat: 11:54am On Apr 04, 2015
It's a lesson for some of you Igbos who think they can be more non Igbos than the non Igbos themselves,think about it.Blood is thicker than water,when the chips are down,that's when you will realize this.Whether you supported them or not,you will still be seen as Igbo when its time to share the cake they won,don't ask me where you will be placed.

3 Likes

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by joeyfire(m): 11:56am On Apr 04, 2015
OP- No be today nyash dey back. Over the years there has been a wave of insults aimed at igbos regardless of the sacrifices of rochas, ngige and co. Its as if they don't mind or notice their ppl are being punked grin

1 Like

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by safarigirl(f): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2015
jmoore:

And other tribes nko? undecided
of the three MAJOR tribes, the Igbo tribe is obviously in a bad position from the election results. Other pocket tribes have mostly been on-lookers so election results rarely affect them
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by jmoore(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2015
safarigirl:
of the three MAJOR tribes, the Igbo tribe is obviously in a bad position from the election results. Other pocket tribes have mostly been on-lookers so election results rarely affect them

Which bad position? Tell me how it affects Igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by safarigirl(f): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
Dreambeat:
It's a lesson for some of you Igbos who think they can be more non Igbos than the non Igbos themselves,think about it.Blood is thicker than water,when the chips are down,that's when you will realize this.Whether you supported them or not,you will still be seen as Igbo when its time to share the cake they won,don't ask me where you will be placed.
it's Igbos like you that make them attack the rest of us.

The sooner you lot realise that no man is an island and sooner than later, you'll have to align with the same people you loath, the better for you.

If everyone has a problem with you, then you need to do some soul-searching, Yorubas have issues with Igbos, Northerners have issues with Igbos, and I don't mean Hausas, I mean even the minority tribes in the North have no good words about Igbos, even the Ijaws you people want to kill yourselves ontop their brother, the Ogonis, even Ikwerres, EVERYONE is complaining about Igbo people and their overbearing attitude.

If Igbo people have the sense they like to make everyone think they do, they'll use this event to really ask themselves core questions and pull themselves out of 1969

6 Likes

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
They can rant all they like, this gives a strong position that igbos are not cowards they are known for the integrity of never back stab whom ever it chooses to align with "that is trust'' it commands respect and accolades which will take them to the greater sphere of the political realm in no distant time.
The north came out en mass voted for north cos its north, the south east south south came out en mass voted for south cos its south, that integrity leaves on.

3 Likes

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by Kagame: 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
safarigirl:

Safarigirl

I agree with your main write up but not with the follow up comment which I just quoted.

I would like to understand what you mean by the "bad position".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by 9jvirgin(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
SFG: Rotimi Amaechi
Senate President : George Akume
Deputy Senate President : Bukola Saraki.

Confirmed!
Signed!
Sealed!
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by safarigirl(f): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
jmoore:

Which bad position? Tell me how it affects Igbos.
don't worry. Soon, you'll know, just like you all didn't know Buhari would win the elections till the results were announced

2 Likes

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by jmoore(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
safarigirl:
don't worry. Soon, you'll know, just like you all didn't know Buhari would win the elections till the results were announced

You are the Prof na, lecture me. Or you can't come up with any?
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by ManMountain(m): 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
safarigirl:
it's Igbos like you that make them attack the rest of us.

The sooner you lot realise that no man is an island and sooner than later, you'll have to align with the same people you loath, the better for you.

If everyone has a problem with you, then you need to do some soul-searching, Yorubas have issues with Igbos, Northerners have issues with Igbos, and I don't mean Hausas, I mean even the minority tribes in the North have no good words anout Igbos, even the Ijaws you people want to kill yourselves ontop their brothers, the Ogonis, even Ikwerres, EVERYONE is complaining about Igbo people and their overbearing attitude.

If Igbo people have the sense they like to make everyone think they do, they'll use this event to really ask themselves core questions and pull themselves out of 1969

Most Igbos should do away with this WE vs NIGERIANS mentality.

4 Likes

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by safarigirl(f): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
9jvirgin:
SFG: Rotimi Amaechi
Senate President : George Akume
Deputy Senate President : Bukola Saraki.

Confirmed!
Signed!
Sealed!
Fashola for SGF abeg. Amaechi is too hyperactive for the job

1 Like

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by IGBOSON2: 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
Dreambeat:

^^^Thankyou Bros!

These deluded kinsfolk of mine don't realize just what this country is all about! They want to be 'more catholic than the Pope'!

There once was a time i was as deluded as them, but my eyes are now opened!

3 Likes

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
The thread is unnecessary!

@safarigirl, just ignore these people. APC leaders are not ethnic bigots, and that's what matters!
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by IGBOSON2: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
ManMountain:

Most Igbos should do away with this WE vs NIGERIANS mentality.

^^^You really want me to take you up on this assertion of yours?.....I've got all day today!

So you reckon Igbos don't have a reason to be unhappy with this country?

1 Like

Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by Rose2014: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
safarigirl:
Abeg forget that thing. If you're talking because of the so called senate president appointment, just go n sit down, we don't need it. We've had people there before and what did it change?

Hausas that have been in power since 1801, how are their masses faring? Mtchew
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by jmoore(m): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
The attacks are based on ignorance, tribalism, e.t.c.

This is democracy, not tribacracy. The electorates voted based on their own personal reasons.

Finally, Igbos are not in a bad position in any way. Those mocking us because the senate president may not come to us should probably sit down and put their thinking caps on. They should tell me the dividends of having a senate president from your own tribe. That's after they have done a research on how North was "developed" because they produced most of the Presidents in Nigeria.
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by ManMountain(m): 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^You really want me to take you up on this assertion of yours?.....I've got all day today!

So you reckon Igbos don't have a reason to be unhappy with this country?
Calm down and outline Biafrans grievances towards Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: The Unnecessary Attacks On Igbos by safarigirl(f): 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Thankyou Bros!

These deluded kinsfolk of mine don't realize just what this country is all about! They want to be 'more catholic than the Pope'!

There once was a time i was as deluded as them, but my eyes are now opened!
Bless God for you. I do hope that you are typing this from the East. I hope you do not prepare your meals with the onions from the north, neither do you have business partners from the West.

It would be such a shame if you have any dealings whatsoever with the same people you have chosen to alienate yourself from

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

El Rufai Breaks Kaduna State Ramadan Tradition / Caption: Senate President And The Mace-bearer. / What Is He Wearing? See New Funny Photos Of Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.