Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million (13637 Views)

Whatsapp Postpones Usage Deadline / 10 Categories Of People That May Not Afford To Browse When Data Rates Increases / Airtel Gains, MTN Loses As NCC Releases Update On Internet Usage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by mjames: 6:19am On Apr 05, 2015
Etisalat please reduce your price
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by dhsfbi(m): 6:21am On Apr 05, 2015
Thanks to imei tweaking.
Get up to 6gb of data from mtn free.
use this imei 358429060326930, but if you don't know how to tweak, visit this link http://www.rasaqtech.com/2014/12/how-to-change-your-imei-and-get-15gb.html

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Warlord3000(m): 6:22am On Apr 05, 2015
Sounds fair enough...
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 05, 2015
jcmaiah:
NCC stop giving such useless figures and work on the data cost!
The data cost will crash when the operators rely less on diesel generators, and more on the public power supply.
Around 40% of the telcos expenses are on powering their generators.
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 05, 2015
NosoChic:
81 million people ripped off. .....too expensive Internet access and nothing fantastic about the quality of service.

NCC should be more concerned about the quality of the service and if Nigerians are getting their money's worth.

Lol. Keep calm and get data from a reseller like me at very cheap prices and with enough awoof bonuses!. Contact BizieConcept data solutions at whatsapp only: 08121254566. Or call 09091989188.
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 05, 2015
mjames:
Etisalat please reduce your price

If you buy from us at BizieConcept data solutions you won't have to worry about Etisalat price reductions.

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Kenquil: 6:34am On Apr 05, 2015
That's ok ...

Get your 1gb Etisalat shared data @ N1100. Call/sms/whatsapp 09092684000 for details ...
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by istorenig(f): 6:48am On Apr 05, 2015
We need change in NCC the can't represent us instead they represent their pocket
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:57am On Apr 05, 2015
81million indeed, when an average nigerian youth get like 3sims (or even more). NCC, boys say dem want 3gb for 1k, y una no kuku do dat one dan to com dy yarn okpata.

1 Like

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Emmanuel602(m): 6:58am On Apr 05, 2015
Going by our population and the number of Nigerians on Facebook and twitter I think the statistic is even wrong. We ought to have reached 100M
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by ibietela2(m): 6:59am On Apr 05, 2015
Nehemiah459:
Why won't MTN and Glo increase? Stingy Etisalat and poor Airtel....

Etisalat will remain there, imagine 1Gb for 4k
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 05, 2015
Getting better
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by M4gunners: 7:06am On Apr 05, 2015
Change
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by luckman20(m): 7:06am On Apr 05, 2015
By the time we finish tweaking the item's,
The number will be mind blowing
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Elzends(m): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2015
By 2019, airtel will lead that table, Mtn will be last, change is here
Never heard of multilink tho

1 Like

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by bqlekan(m): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2015
I can say the increase in etisalat is significantly down to imei tweaking where guys have up to 10 etisalat sims in their wallet grin
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by staymore: 7:21am On Apr 05, 2015
Out of the 81m subscribers am sure the south have at least 70% and the north 30%. When it's time to collect PVC's they tell us they are highly populated than us.

I just thank God for the likes of GEJ if not Nigeria would have being on fire by now.

2 Likes

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by simplejayy(m): 7:26am On Apr 05, 2015
mtchew! upon all, we subscribers get scammed unscrupulously. well change is around to make them change their bad ways
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Kcinho(m): 7:37am On Apr 05, 2015
MikeMoses:
grin me I have all the four lines and browse with all. shocked
ladies run from this guy. he can never be faithful
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by RomanceLander(f): 7:48am On Apr 05, 2015
It is true.

MTN simple server made it possible for them to rank 1st.
Glo BB subscription on android made it possible them to come second.
Airtel cheap data for android gained them the third position.
Now Etisalat, I don't know their problem. Fast network but damn expensive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by clemz85(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2015
android paved the way
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by omoadeleye(m): 7:57am On Apr 05, 2015
maestrojay:
Who still dey use multi links and visafone at dis era...

for browsing na infact they are very fast
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by driand(m): 8:01am On Apr 05, 2015
NosoChic:
81 million people ripped off. .....too expensive Internet access and nothing fantastic about the quality of service.

NCC should be more concerned about the quality of the service and if Nigerians are getting their money's worth.
with this change of wind blowing everywhere I tell you ncc governing body are going cuz buhari won't take that shi.t from them,

2 Likes

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 05, 2015
Part of the 81m also includes data sharing and cheating
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 05, 2015
RomanceLander:
It is true.

MTN simple server made it possible for them to rank 1st.
Glo BB subscription on android made it possible them to come second.
Airtel cheap data for android gained them the third position.
Now Etisalat, I don't know their problem. Fast network but damn expensive.

Simple serva is just good for heavy downloaders.
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by effrebor(m): 8:35am On Apr 05, 2015
staymore:
Out of the 81m subscribers am sure the south have at least 70% and the north 30%. When it's time to collect PVC's they tell us they are highly populated than us.

I just thank God for the likes of GEJ if not Nigeria would have being on fire by now.

Story story
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by pappy2000: 9:06am On Apr 05, 2015
I never knew Mulitilinks still exist, how good is there coverage
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by garriboy(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2015
Ur headline is confusing. Its "users" not "usage"
temitayoolu:
The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, says the number of internet users on the Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) networks has increased from 76,322, 802 in 2014 to 81,892,840 in January 2015.

This is contained in the NCC Monthly Internet Subscriber Data, obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday in Lagos.

According to the data, there is an increase of 5,570,038 internet users on the networks in January.

It showed that from the 81,892,840 internet users recorded in January, MTN Nigeria led the table with 39,173,123 customers browsing the internet on its network.

It stated that MTN had an increase of 556,386 internet subscribers in January, after it recorded 38,616,737 users in the month of December 2014.

According to the data, Globacom is second on the internet usage table, recording 17,671,405 subscribers surfing the net with its network in January.

The data revealed that Globacom gained a total of 532,085 additional internet users on its network, up from 17,139,320 users in December 2014.

Airtel Nigeria, it said was third on the roll with 14,969,924 internet users in January, as against 14,371,987 customers recorded in December.

The data showed that internet users on the Airtel Nigeria network also increased by 597,937 in January.

It disclosed that Etisalat was last on the table with 10,078,388 of its customers browsing the internet in January, compared to the 6,194,758 users in December, an increase of 3,883,630 users.

The NCC data also revealed that the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) operators (Multi-Links and Visafone) had a joint total of 153,798 internet users on their networks in January.

It showed, however, that the only surviving two CDMA networks in the country listed a loss of 526 internet subscribers in the month under review from the 154,324 users they recorded in December.

The data stated that Visafone recorded a decrease of 311 customers surfing the internet in January, reducing the number to 153,059 compared to the 153,370 users in the month of December.

It said that Multi-Links had 739 internet users in January, hence losing 215 customers from the December record of 954 users.

The data further showed that in spite of the decrease on the part of the CDMA networks, Nigerians were gradually embracing data as the next revolution in the Information and Communications Technology sector.

(NAN)

Source:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/180597-internet-usage-on-nigerias-gsm-networks-increases-to-81-million.html
Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by ibawon(m): 9:40am On Apr 05, 2015
If all Phones were to be costly as the iPhone I'm sure the number won't be that good.Thanks to Android and the China people for making cheaper versions of it.NCC now that you have done your yeye analysis please tell this guys to reduce their data price so the number can go up more.Etisalat this is a lesson for you,you cancelled PayG now see your life.Please reconsider.God bless my Christian folks. Happy Easter

1 Like

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Reference(m): 10:41am On Apr 05, 2015
arsetalks:
The only thing I want to hear is we can pay N1,500 and have unlimited data in a month.

They should work on that. If countries like Gabon, Ukraine can do it, Nigeria can do better.

I know they will go there. Free food. Entitlement ruinous mentality. All for nothing. There was a time calls were subsidized and dirt cheap under NITEL. When an incoming international call will be rushed and you will be wondering why these white folks are always in a hurry while at our call centres our folks will spend ages in idle talk and then drop one rubbish 100 naira because aunty or uncle is in charge. What was the profit to Nigerians then.

People will often fail to correlate cost to productivity. That the cheaper a thing is, the less productive it becomes.

1 Like

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 05, 2015
Etisalat got 3M subscribers in a space of 2months, did I read that wrong?

We should watch out for Etisalat. I see them surpassing Airtel and competing with Glo for the second spot by July.

2 Likes

Re: Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million by Christmasdon(m): 11:23am On Apr 05, 2015
Mtn is good, small.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is London Used Infinix Note 3 / Why Is BlackBerry Seen As Prestigious In Nigeria? / How To Use The New Whatsapp Group Video Feature In HD Quality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.