Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,879 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! (2621 Views)

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics / 10 Things Igbos Need To Understand About Yorubas.. / Why Lp’ll Form The Next Government In Ogun —kawonise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by BRAINTORMS(m): 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
With much much love to all my Igbo friends, and Nigerians at large, I feel the Igbos are about to be sideline again in the affairs of this country

The fact that there isnt a single APC senator from the SE or SS, is no longer news, Otherwise the Seat of the Senate President would have been there's , I suppose

IMHO, Uche Ekwunife should be persuaded into stepping down for Dr Chris Ngige, He will have a chance of Becoming Senate President

But I dont see that ever happening, Though I have great respect for them, I see them as intellectually gifted and having a doggedness and hunger for success , probably unequaled to any other ethnic group in this nation, But they keep making Political blunders at the national level, & I see this as another one they are making

Simply, Let Uche Ekwunife step down for Dr Ngige

Finally , I am from a North Central state , And this represent my opinion only

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by jamex93(m): 11:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
smiley

An average igbo man is a business man, we all know this

I confirmed this statement after the 2015 presidential ellection

Some igbo guys told me that they (igbo ppl) r not moved by politics, but rather by business,

An igbo man prefer to go into business, the truth speaking igbos on NL will confirm it

So if u give igbo man any seat in government, he. Will turn it into business

So nothing join igbo man with politics

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by BRAINTORMS(m): 12:11am On Apr 05, 2015
I Agree with you

But with political power ,all you need to grow or crumble a business is a new policy or change an existing policy
jamex93:
smiley

Some igbo guys told me that they (igbo ppl) r not moved by politics, but rather by business,

An Igbo man prefer to go into business, the truth speaking igbos on NL will confirm it

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by Adegbodolu1: 12:11am On Apr 05, 2015
jamex93:
smiley
An igbo man prefer to go into business, the truth speaking igbos on NL will confirm it
Thanks

This Igbo business this and business that is a myth.

Igbos are prominent in the business space in Nigeria because the other ethnic groups allowed them. Allowed them!

Igbos have consolidated businesses using sharp clannish practices which should now be outlawed in every market.

5 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by kestolove95(m): 12:12am On Apr 05, 2015
Which government are you talking about? Government of Nigeria or Biafra?

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by ikeyman00(m): 12:22am On Apr 05, 2015
@@@

it will always be a laughing session to once again to see the people of the zoo called nigeria telling us who is our leader.

all these criminals and greedy bbastards they are passing on us as our leader means they just dnt understand who the Igbos are!

the buying and selling attitude of our people just never be used as a measurement of our strides

we got the technology know-how that when Biafra comes there will never be anything like julius berger

We the Biafrans are direct children of Chukwu abiahma who u called Jesus Christ

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by MayorofLagos(m): 12:24am On Apr 05, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

Igbos are prominent in the business space in Nigeria because the other ethnic groups allowed them. Allowed them!

Igbos have consolidated businesses using sharp clannish practices which should now be outlawed in every market.

Mayor has stamped this message with his seal of approval!

If Igbos are brought to compete with others at a equal opportunity level they will fail....simply because their business acumen is geared towards short term and quick gains. This is why every Ibo criminal that is caught laments that he was driven inro crime because business was not moving. Interpretation: ive invested for 3months and no gain, i need quick wealth therefore i kidnap or rob or snatch cars.

4 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by ikeyman00(m): 12:25am On Apr 05, 2015
@@@@

Coming from someone that devalued all our saving to 20 pound

only in the zoo called Nigeria u will see animals telling his fellow baboon he is smarter

well we expect such

ndi ara

6 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by ikeyman00(m): 12:28am On Apr 05, 2015
@@@@

Mayor has stamped this message with his seal of approval!

If Igbos are brought to compete with others at a equal opportunity level they will fail....simply because their business acumen is geared towards short term and quick gains. This is why every Ibo criminal that is caught laments that he was driven inro crime because business was not moving. Interpretation: ive invested for 3months and no gain, i need quick wealth therefore i kidnap or rob or snatch cars.

my friend forget this none sense u are yapping about

lets start to give job on merit and offering university admission on merit throughout the zoo called Nigeria

i assure u that your yorubas and hausa will be onlookers

ndi ara

4 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by BRAINTORMS(m): 12:28am On Apr 05, 2015
Are you in Nigeria, sorry in the Zoo?, No wonder
ikeyman00:

@@@@

Coming from someone that devalued all our saving to 20 pound

only in the zoo called Nigeria u will see animals telling his fellow baboon he is smarter

well we expect such

ndi ara
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 05, 2015
Another Igbo thread opened by a jobless, lazy yoruba man who is always (24/7) worried about what an Igbo man is doing or planning. SE ignore all these recent igbo threads popping up.

9 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by ikeyman00(m): 12:31am On Apr 05, 2015
@@@

ndi ara

i read some thread in here and this baboon was like eh do u know how much Lagos state is contributing to the Zoo called Nigeria

im sitting here and to be honest dnt know what to say

i really dnt

i let u decide

ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by ikeyman00(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2015
@@@

new2020: 12:31am

Another Igbo thread opened by a jobless, lazy yoruba man who is always (24/7) worried about what an Igbo man is doing or planning. SE ignore all these recent igbo threads popping up.

i think its good they are doing it as any igbo man that still believe his unborn child have future in the Zoo deserve to hang and fed to the crocs

ndi ara
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by Nuzo1(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2015
In other words, life of the Igbos starts and ends with them being a Senate President?

I mean you had the guts to request that Ekwunife; a woman who fought like a warrior she is, someone who went house to house by herself to canvass for votes while Ngige and Umeh were busy campaigning for other people (Buhari and Gej respectively). You are asking such an energetic woman to step down just so Ngige can be senate President? How many times have you seen Ngige address an issue in the senate in the past 4 years?

Oh noo.. Nigerians. This is just the height of the insults and mediocrity.

7 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by MayorofLagos(m): 1:02am On Apr 05, 2015
ikeyman00:

@@@@

my friend forget this none sense u are yapping about

lets start to give job on merit and offering university admission on merit throughout the zoo called Nigeria

i assure u that your yorubas and hausa will be onlookers

ndi ara

Yorubas are giving jobs on merit in Yoruba states.
If you need job on merit go to Ibo states to work....after all Ibo states are superior in terms of education and wealth to every other part of Nigeria. Right?

So why are you looking for job on merit in Yorubaland and are dissapointed when you dont get it, do you not have a origin?

4 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by AmucheJane(f): 2:23am On Apr 05, 2015
Make una dey drink panadol for another person headache, rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by Ilekeh(f): 2:25am On Apr 05, 2015
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 05, 2015
Another silly post

How can you subvert the will of the people as per ekwunife just because of APC zoning that no one can guarantee?

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by GentleToks(m): 3:11am On Apr 05, 2015
jamex93:
smiley

Thanks

Shut up Liar from pit of hell. You guys have never disappointed fellow Nigerians whenever they predict Igbos next line of actions.

I told some Nairalanders here before last week presidential election that if Buhari wins the election, that Igbos would change their music from being politicians to business men and here we are today. Music is changing....... ........ What a shame!!!

I can prove it anywhere that without arm robbery and drug smuggling; Igbos aren't doing any business. They have just been stereotyped as business men only in Nigeria but that is far from the truth to business analysts. 80% of those Igbo guys selling spare parts and owners of Boutiques are nothing but armed Robbers. And If you are in doubt of this submission, pls check the names and businesses of 98% of Armed Robbers killed over night in the North central and south west and you ll realise they are all Igbos who are into one business or the other. If you want to see real business men without robbery assistance , go up North and West and If you doubt my submission, come to US and UK where there are million of Nigerians, the only Nigerians doing business in these two countries are Yorubas. How come Igbos are not ready to compete in UK and US market with their fellow Nigerians? The answer is as good as your thought; no access to robbery. How many industrialists (not all these Edidi lane Idumota or Aba headquartered businesses you know) can they be proud of? None

So, spare me all dis crap, don't feed us with this your business bullshit. Why didn't you say all this when you guys "were"(from 29th May)occupying all the sensitive governmental positions under Jonathan administration and making jest of Westerners. Why didn't you tell us that those positions should be given to other Nigerians while you guys focus on your businesses.

Hatred and bitterness have put you guys where you rightly belong; at the back; yes! I said so.

8 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by chymystique(f): 3:17am On Apr 05, 2015
BRAINTORMS:
With much much love to all my Igbo friends, and Nigerians at large, I feel the Igbos are about to be sideline again in the affairs of this country

The fact that there isnt a single APC senator from the SE or SS, is no longer news, Otherwise the Seat of the Senate President would have been there's , I oppose

IMHO, Uche Ekwunife should be persuaded into stepping down for Dr Chris Ngige, He will have a chance of Becoming Senate President

But I dont see that ever happening, Though I have great respect for them, I see them as intellectually gifted and having a doggedness and hunger for success , probably unequaled to any other ethnic group in this nation, But they keep making Political blunders at the national level, & I see this as another one they are making

You must be high on that fake Change you all are Chanting Cause i dont see any reason why you should open this silly thread.. God forbid that Iyom steps down for Ngige.. For what?! Even if Ngige is the senate president, he woulda not made any impaCt to we masses but his own poCkets thats y most igbos dnt Care.. Pls Go to other eastern states and tell one of them Pdp senators to step down For an APC senator nt Anambra biko and pls dnt near Enugu oo.. there is no vacancy here in the south east for "Change".. mods should fling this thread to sambisa fforest

@nuzo1, you are so point with your comment.. they were campaigning for others.. infffaCt, they both relaxed. Shame on them!

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by help3852: 4:22am On Apr 05, 2015
BRAINTORMS:

The fact that there isnt a single APC senator from the SE or SS, is no longer news, Otherwise the Seat of the Senate President would have been there's , I oppose

stop brainwashing yourself.

Igbo should have a mind of their own.

Politicians will always be politicians.
With all the Senate presidents, deputy senate president, speakers and deputy speakers igbo's have had in past years what have they achieved for eastern Part of Nigeria??

Nigerian politics is self-serving.

We don't need winner takes in all politics in Nigeria.
A strong opposition makes the leaders sit up.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by ikeyman00(m): 4:23am On Apr 05, 2015
@@@
mayor of lagos

Yorubas are giving jobs on merit in Yoruba states.
If you need job on merit go to Ibo states to work....after all Ibo states are superior in terms of education and wealth to every other part of Nigeria. Right?

So why are you looking for job on merit in Yorubaland and are dissapointed when you dont get it, do you not have a origin?

then leave the oil alone and stay on your own

nd iara
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by BrokenTV: 5:56am On Apr 05, 2015
You guys have been warned but you will not listen.
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by BrokenTV: 5:57am On Apr 05, 2015
AAAAABBBB
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by BrokenTV: 5:58am On Apr 05, 2015
CCCCDDDDDDCC
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by saintopus(m): 7:24am On Apr 05, 2015
They dont really need to do much, all they need now to achieve an Igbo presidency in no too distant future is to form a stronger alliance with SS. This is so because the North are majority, the SW are minority without SE and SS.
This is why GEJ acts are a sure way to usher in an Igbo presidency. If he had acted otherwise, it would have been a permanent nail for either the SS or SE ever smelling the presidency of this nation.
For now the SS and the SE may not form alliance with SW to vote out the North if the incumbent is considered incompetent.!!!
So, I will trust an Hausa man in power than a Yoruba man in power. An Hausa man may pay you back if you do good to him, he will not forget. A Yoruba man will do the opposite, history had it so.

Am not Igbo, am from ND
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by BrokenTV: 8:13am On Apr 05, 2015
Lalasticlala please close this thread.
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by cocoduck: 8:45am On Apr 05, 2015
yorobba man live IGBO man alone
you cannot take business away from us no matter how hard you try As for crime go to youtube and type Nigerian scammer nabbed in malaysia and whatch the video that guys name is Bidemi

look the only way Nigeria can stop being a zoo is true FEDERALISM, period
a situation whereby I don't care who is presiding over the country or who is th senate president but I care who is my governor and even more who is my local government chairman Until then Nigeria remais the world's biggest zoo.
I am sorry if I hurt you
99% of IGBOs do not care about the senate presidency position only the lazy parasitic ones like Cockroches Cockroachas care
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by OdenigboAroli2: 8:48am On Apr 05, 2015
BRAINTORMS:

we dont need the senate presidency, we go use am cook soup?
every igbo states has produced senate presidents and we are fed up. Cry for yourself, we are ok.
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by OdenigboAroli2: 8:49am On Apr 05, 2015
cocoduck:
yorobba man live IGBO man alone
you cannot take business away from us no matter how hard you try As for crime go to youtube and type Nigerian scammer nabbed in malaysia and whatch the video that guys name is Bidemi

look the only way Nigeria can stop being a zoo is true FEDERALISM, period
a situation whereby I don't care who is presiding over the country or who is th senate president but I care who is my governor and even more who is my local government chairman Until then Nigeria remais the world's biggest zoo.
I am sorry if I hurt you
99% of IGBOs do not care about the senate presidency position only the lazy parasitic ones like Cockroches Cockroachas care

only the lazy people fight for senate presidency.
Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by OdenigboAroli2: 8:50am On Apr 05, 2015
help3852:
stop brainwashing yourself.

Igbo should have a mind of their own.

Politicians will always be politicians.
With all the Senate presidents, deputy senate president, speakers and deputy speakers igbo's have had in past years what have they achieved for eastern Part of Nigeria??

Nigerian politics is self-serving.

We don't need winner takes in all politics in Nigeria.
A strong opposition makes the leaders sit up.

one bottle of hero beer for you

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:50am On Apr 05, 2015
BRAINTORMS:

they are always making political blunders even at state and local govt level sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

Human Parts Litters Ritualist Den In Enugu. / What Is The Meaning Of Dullard? / A Star Has Fallen. Nigerian Army Looses An Officer In Fight Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.