Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) (36695 Views)

Nigerian New Jersey Teen Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools / Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna Accepted By Eight Ivy League Schools / Chioma Onuoha Admitted In Three Ivy League Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by digitalembrace(m): 2:00am On Apr 06, 2015
bropeee:
There are many more like this back home here. We've got brains just that many don't get the opportunity.

Yup. Oodles of them hawking rat poison. Really pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by pxjosh(m): 2:01am On Apr 06, 2015
100.5%GPA....is this a mistake?

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by peegirl(f): 2:06am On Apr 06, 2015
[Correct boy
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by DozieInc(m): 2:10am On Apr 06, 2015
Kudos bro.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by digitalembrace(m): 2:11am On Apr 06, 2015
UGLYS:
Why are Nigerians aversed to remarkable achievements like this?

If its ten signs she wants to have sex; professors, savants and dons will flood the topic to register their thoughts, shameful.

Lol. This actually made me laugh out loud

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Exodus2k(m): 2:15am On Apr 06, 2015
Positive news like this will always motivate people

keep the flag flying, proud to be a Nigerian.

Kudous!!!

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by UGLYS: 2:19am On Apr 06, 2015
digitalembrace:

Lol. This actually made me laugh out loud

Its true my brother.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Eluwilussit(m): 2:32am On Apr 06, 2015
God bless Nigeria. A land of great people.

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by AAinEqGuinea: 2:38am On Apr 06, 2015
Ipledge:
Thats cool,I was suprised when i read that Nigerian American(Nigerians that are Citizen of America) are thé most educated in Usa(even more than thé whites).40% have bachelor degree,17% have masters degree and 4% doctorate degree.This is more than any group in America.its good thing to be a Nigerian

Nigerians and Africans in general are amazing, especially the ones who I had the pleasure of meeting during a commemorating chapter of my life during my UG/Masters years. There's also the extremely intelligent African hip hop artists from the UK, Americas (including Canada), and Africa who I enjoy beats with. I'm AA and Africans I've known in the US were always smarter than white kids, but I dont think they cared too much about some racial feat, it was about being hardworking. Not that it's an issue that concerns me, but interesting that 90% of Africans I know are in relationship with white counterparts.

I like hearing stories of how these great minds become married, business owners, industrial game changers, and most importantly those who use their skill-set to build a stronger Nigeria.

Keep sending more over.

6 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 06, 2015
Been clueless in americal cheesy cheesy cheesy, I love that title but wish it was titled been clueless in nigeria
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by balogundayo(m): 2:43am On Apr 06, 2015
this stories are usually as they potray them to be...i'd like to know the source tho...

if it's real, its cool!
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by chax100(f): 2:44am On Apr 06, 2015
Proudly African, proudly Nigerian and proudly Igbo. Prove them wrong that Africa is not that continent plagued with diseases, poverty, war and terrorism, and Nigeria is not that country bedeviled with con artists and criminals, and the Igbo are not that people labelled as drug traffickers. Good things are known about us as a people. Giving the opportunity, we come out tops. God bless Africa!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by freakcin: 2:51am On Apr 06, 2015
High school student already carying out research in medicine field! Undergraduates in Nigeria are occupied with ASUU strike and all what not. . . GMB really got his work cut out.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 06, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Nigerians and Africans in general are amazing, especially the ones who I had the pleasure of meeting during a commemorating chapter of my life during my UG/Masters years. There's also the extremely intelligent African hip hop artists from the UK, Americas (including Canada), and Africa who I enjoy beats with. I'm AA and Africans I've known in the US were always smarter than white kids, but I dont think they cared too much about some racial feat, it was about being hardworking. Not that it's an issue that concerns me, but interesting that 90% of Africans I know are in relationship with white counterparts.

I like hearing stories of how these great minds become married, business owners, industrial game changers, and most importantly those who use their skill-set to build a stronger Nigeria.

Keep sending more over.
in Africa almost everybody wanna be educated

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by fatytoy333(m): 2:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Great achievement by a young Nigerian. Keep it up
Front page all dway
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by armadeo(m): 2:57am On Apr 06, 2015
God one. Keep the flag flying.

Anyone noticed the title was Nigerian not Yoruba, Hausa ijaw or IBO. That's how the world sees us until we see ourselves as such ain't no point in the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by anonimi: 2:57am On Apr 06, 2015
coded01:
cool

Proudly African... cheesy

Proudly Nigerian... cheesy

GOD BLESS NIGERIA... wink

Did you say that about the two Michaels who hacked a British soldier to death

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by kilokeys(m): 3:00am On Apr 06, 2015
if he didnt move to america.. ...

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 06, 2015
"He speaks Igbo". I too know mothers of this indomie generation take note! Someone who went to the USA at 8. It pains me so so much when our illiterate educated new bred mothers choose English over their native language in order to prove that their children are brilliant when in the real sense they are dummies of the 'dummiest' order.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 3:04am On Apr 06, 2015
I'm happy for the guy, except for the fact that he wants to be a neurosurgeon. That's a waste of brain space. Just do something in IT or economics and make good use of your brain. There's room for innovative thinking in technology and engineering fields. In medicine, na so so cram and pour.
God help you!

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by anonimi: 3:06am On Apr 06, 2015
freakcin:
High school student already carying out research in medicine field! Undergraduates in Nigeria are occupied with ASUU strike and all what not. . . GMB really got his work cut out.

Abeg tell us na which American president send this high school student for go do research

Did you rad about COMMUNITY mentoring etc? How much have you contributed to your former school & community? I get it, you are waiting for a know-all, do-all messiah to do the work ALONE wey you don cut out for am, not so

BTW, what is your Buhari's track record on education?

How many almajiri, primary, secondary schools and universities did he build?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by bigfrancis21: 3:15am On Apr 06, 2015
Ipledge:
Thats cool,I was suprised when i read that Nigerian American(Nigerians that are Citizen of America) are thé most educated in Usa(even more than thé whites).40% have bachelor degree,17% have masters degree and 4% doctorate degree.This is more than any group in America.its good thing to be a Nigerian

Nke afu bu obele ife. Biakene state m no ka I wee fuzia ka ndi bee ayi sii na-ekwo ebe a ka ijiji. smiley

You need to see how Nigerians are aplenty in my school here in US.

My african american co-worker at work shudders each time I mention Nigeria. grin

He has a lot of respect for Nigerians. cheesy

My Ethiopian co-worker says she hates attending ASA meetings (African Students Association) because over 80% of the students are Nigerians. grin It is stifling. grin She loves Flavour, P Square and plays 'Nwa Baby Rmx' all the time. Lol.

14 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Nke afu bu obele ife. Biakene state m no ka I wee fuzia nke bu ncha. smiley

You need to see how Nigerians are aplenty in my school here in US.

My african american co-worker at work shudders each time I mention Nigeria. grin

He has a lot of respect for Nigerians. cheesy

My Ethiopian co-worker says she hates attending ASA meetings (African Students Association) because over 80% of the students are Nigerians. grin It is stifling. grin She loves Flavour, P Square and plays 'Nwa Baby Rmx' all the time. Lol.

people respect Nigerians here,even as unserious as i am,d foot print i left in my former school is not a joke,there is this Somali girl that thinks am d most brillant she ever met and i always tell am Nothing compare to most Nigerians.Nigerians dey read no be small

5 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by micktoxin(m): 3:26am On Apr 06, 2015
JonaTheClown:
ok,

Great achievement .

He should be the next Minister of Health!

Buhari Take Note!

Going by that logic, I should be a minister.

Regards
Oxford alumni.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by coded01: 3:36am On Apr 06, 2015
anonimi:

Did you say that about the two Michaels who hacked a British soldier to death

shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by freakcin: 3:40am On Apr 06, 2015
anonimi:

Abeg tell us na which American president send this high school student for go do research
Did you rad about COMMUNITY mentoring etc? How much have you contributed to your former school & community? I get it, you are waiting for a know-all, do-all messiah to do the work ALONE wey you don cut out for am, not so
BTW, what is your Buhari's track record on education?
How many almajiri, primary, secondary schools and universities did he build?

Stop running faster than ur shadow. Where in my post did u see me refer to GMB as all u've mentioned? Its simple, though! Lay the bedrock for a corrupt free economy, an economy non wholly dependent on oil. Increase IGR. Appoint competent and dedicated personnel in all aspect of the economy and watch the country self heal over time!

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by bigfrancis21: 3:46am On Apr 06, 2015
Ipledge:
people respect Nigerians here,even as unserious as i am,d foot print i left in my former school is not a joke,there is this Somali girl that thinks am d most brillant she ever met and i always tell am Nothing compare to most Nigerians.Nigerians dey read no be small

Yea, I'm telling you. Nigerians here are doing well. My boss at work (IT company) is Nigerian and you need to see how smart and intelligent he is, and commands respect from his oyibo subordinates. I have utmost respect for him. I attended the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) conference in Anaheim, California (flew to Los Angeles International Airport) 2 weeks ago. This is an event that is held once every year during which top companies such as Ford Motors, General Electric, Shell, Chevron, Chevrolet, Northrup Grummann, Intel, Cisco etc attend to recruit intelligent black engineers, and is attended by thousands, of students from all over US. I went there and the number of Nigerians I found there was stifling. Nigerians (Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo, Ibibio) everywhere. O gini na-afio? undecided Approximately 45% of the people there were Nigerians, including the recruiters/HR personnel representing the companies and the students. You would walk up to a recruiter to talk to him only to read his name tag and see 'onyekachi dike' or 'olaide tony' or 'dubem nwobu'. Or you would jump in line waiting to talk to a particular company and read the name tags of everyone standing in line and ALL are Nigerians. WTF undecided Even one of the recruiters happened to be my village guy, same village same ogbe (quarter)! grin Nna, quickly we exchanged contacts o. grin I met a couple of students who graduated from my UG school, UNN. People were just landing job offers on the spot. Interviews taking place here and there on the spot. One naija guy landed 3 offers from 3 different companies and was confused as to which one to choose. We (a collection of 5 nigerian students at the event grin) advised him to go for Johnson & Johnson seeing that it has more job benefits than the others.

Towards the ending of the event on the second day, na em my fellow yoruba students begin blow yoruba anyhow. Yoruba dey represent anywhere dem go. I hail una. cool

Or is it confidence and composure? Give it up to the Nigerians. They were walking around like they own the entire building complex.

And confidence is one trait most recruiters look out for in potential candidates, even if you don't know what you're saying, just act like you know what you're saying.

You can most times tell a Nigerian from his walking gait and the confidence he exudes while walking, or in other words, his 'i no send you' waka.

It goes a long way to show the huge presence of Nigerians in engineering in US. Nigerians rarely go for ajebo courses like english literature, social work, biological biology or however they want to tus.h it up to sound appealing undecided, but the tough ones such as engineering, medicine, etc where the money is. tongue

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by micktoxin(m): 3:49am On Apr 06, 2015
zwar:

Lool...it does not work that way dude...you can not just put anyone in a position because of some high grades
Leadership is different from academic ability....though both can work in tandem at times...but not always
There have been so many other older Nigerians that have acheived such feat, but choose to keep it silent..
Ain't no biggies...
Absolutely. If history and experience is anything to go by, I will go even further by subjectively saying leadership and academic ability are not mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by AroOkigbo(m): 3:56am On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo g'adi!!!
Ndi Igbo kwenu!!
Kwezueenu!!
Kokoroo kooo....chi efoola.
Onye ahala nwanne ya.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yea, I'm telling you. Nigerians here are doing well. My boss at work (IT company) is Nigerian and you need to see how smart and intelligent he is, and commands respect from his oyibo subordinates. I have utmost respect for him. I attended the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) conference in Anaheim, California (flew to Los Angeles International Airport) 2 weeks ago. This is an event that is held once every year during which top companies such as Ford Motors, General Electric, Shell, Chevron, Chevrolet, Northrup Grummann, Intel, Cisco etc attend to recruit intelligent black engineers, and is attended by thousands, of students from all over US. I went there and the number of Nigerians I found there was stifling. Nigerians (Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo, Ibibio) everywhere. O gini na-afio? undecided Approximately 45% of the people there were Nigerians, including the recruiters/HR personnel representing the companies and the students. You would walk up to a recruiter to talk to him only to read his name tag and see 'onyekachi dike' or 'olaide tony' or 'dubem nwobu'. Or you would jump in line waiting to talk to a particular company and read the name tags of everyone standing in line and ALL are Nigerians. WTF undecided Even one of the recruiters happened to be my village guy, same village same ogbe (quarter)! grin Nna, quickly we exchanged contacts o. grin I met a couple of students who graduated from my UG school, UNN. People were just landing job offers on the spot. Interviews taking place here and there on the spot. One naija guy landed 3 offers from 3 different companies and was confused as to which one to choose. We (a collection of 5 nigerian students at the event grin) advised him to go for Johnson & Johnson seeing that it has more job benefits than the others.

Towards the ending of the event on the second day, na em my fellow yoruba students begin blow yoruba anyhow. Yoruba dey represent anywhere dem go. I hail una. cool

It goes a long way to show the huge presence of Nigerians in engineering in US. Nigerians rarely go for ajebo courses like english literature, social work, biological biology or however they want to tus.h it up to sound appealing undecided, but the tough ones such as engineering, medicine, etc where the money is. tongue
its true,we have so many Nigerian engineer,couples of week ago à pastor came to Our church from Michigan Pst James Fadele hé worked for Ford and hé reached thé lever of supritendant designer at Ford in Michigan,and We have so many Nigerians in Washington in administrative posts

6 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 4:00am On Apr 06, 2015
You won't see all these Nairaland kids on this type of thread...If sex was in the title, this thread would be on page 10 by now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by asala1: 4:00am On Apr 06, 2015
CyberWolf:
Igbos are going places cool....Keep it up bro. Let them shove both the presidency and senate presidency up their anvs. It will never keep us from moving higher..

Are you still bitter?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices / Final Year Student Of FUOYE, Ekiti Dies In An Accident (Graphic Photos) / How A Futo Student Was Given A Muddy Bath After His Final Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.