Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) (36694 Views)

Nigerian New Jersey Teen Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools / Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna Accepted By Eight Ivy League Schools / Chioma Onuoha Admitted In Three Ivy League Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by BlackLeopard(m): 4:01am On Apr 06, 2015
A great talented person, power to him. I wish him continued success and happiness as sometimes one's no go without the other well.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 4:17am On Apr 06, 2015
You sheets, when they do good you are quick to accept them but when they do bad they are Americans grin

Bunch of disgruntled farks wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by AAinEqGuinea: 4:32am On Apr 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yea, I'm telling you. Nigerians here are doing well. My boss at work (IT company) is Nigerian and you need to see how smart and intelligent he is, and commands respect from his oyibo subordinates. I have utmost respect for him. I attended the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) conference in Anaheim, California (flew to Los Angeles International Airport) 2 weeks ago. This is an event that is held once every year during which top companies such as Ford Motors, General Electric, Shell, Chevron, Chevrolet, Northrup Grummann, Intel, Cisco etc attend to recruit intelligent black engineers, and is attended by thousands, of students from all over US. I went there and the number of Nigerians I found there was stifling. Nigerians (Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo, Ibibio) everywhere. O gini na-afio? undecided Approximately 45% of the people there were Nigerians, including the recruiters/HR personnel representing the companies and the students. You would walk up to a recruiter to talk to him only to read his name tag and see 'onyekachi dike' or 'olaide tony' or 'dubem nwobu'. Or you would jump in line waiting to talk to a particular company and read the name tags of everyone standing in line and ALL are Nigerians. WTF undecided Even one of the recruiters happened to be my village guy, same village same ogbe (quarter)! grin Nna, quickly we exchanged contacts o. grin I met a couple of students who graduated from my UG school, UNN. People were just landing job offers on the spot. Interviews taking place here and there on the spot. One naija guy landed 3 offers from 3 different companies and was confused as to which one to choose. We (a collection of 5 nigerian students at the event grin) advised him to go for Johnson & Johnson seeing that it has more job benefits than the others.

Towards the ending of the event on the second day, na em my fellow yoruba students begin blow yoruba anyhow. Yoruba dey represent anywhere dem go. I hail una. cool

Or is it confidence and composure? Give it up to the Nigerians. They were walking around like they own the entire building complex.

And confidence is one trait most recruiters look out for in potential candidates, even if you don't know what you're saying, just act like you know what you're saying.

You can most times tell a Nigerian from his walking gait and the confidence he exudes while walking, or in other words, his 'i no send you' waka.

It goes a long way to show the huge presence of Nigerians in engineering in US. Nigerians rarely go for ajebo courses like english literature, social work, biological biology or however they want to tus.h it up to sound appealing undecided, but the tough ones such as engineering, medicine, etc where the money is. tongue

NSBE - good to know my funds are going to good use. Please tell me my fellow AA's werent busy using the conference as partying escapade.

Natural sciences, gotta love and hate em. I knew a smart nigerian who majored in Economics, hope that was satisfying and hard enough for her.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 4:37am On Apr 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yea, I'm telling you. Nigerians here are doing well. My boss at work (IT company) is Nigerian and you need to see how smart and intelligent he is, and commands respect from his oyibo subordinates. I have utmost respect for him. I attended the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) conference in Anaheim, California (flew to Los Angeles International Airport) 2 weeks ago. This is an event that is held once every year during which top companies such as Ford Motors, General Electric, Shell, Chevron, Chevrolet, Northrup Grummann, Intel, Cisco etc attend to recruit intelligent black engineers, and is attended by thousands, of students from all over US. I went there and the number of Nigerians I found there was stifling. Nigerians (Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo, Ibibio) everywhere. O gini na-afio? undecided Approximately 45% of the people there were Nigerians, including the recruiters/HR personnel representing the companies and the students. You would walk up to a recruiter to talk to him only to read his name tag and see 'onyekachi dike' or 'olaide tony' or 'dubem nwobu'. Or you would jump in line waiting to talk to a particular company and read the name tags of everyone standing in line and ALL are Nigerians. WTF undecided Even one of the recruiters happened to be my village guy, same village same ogbe (quarter)! grin Nna, quickly we exchanged contacts o. grin I met a couple of students who graduated from my UG school, UNN. People were just landing job offers on the spot. Interviews taking place here and there on the spot. One naija guy landed 3 offers from 3 different companies and was confused as to which one to choose. We (a collection of 5 nigerian students at the event grin) advised him to go for Johnson & Johnson seeing that it has more job benefits than the others.

Towards the ending of the event on the second day, na em my fellow yoruba students begin blow yoruba anyhow. Yoruba dey represent anywhere dem go. I hail una. cool

Or is it confidence and composure? Give it up to the Nigerians. They were walking around like they own the entire building complex.

And confidence is one trait most recruiters look out for in potential candidates, even if you don't know what you're saying, just act like you know what you're saying.

You can most times tell a Nigerian from his walking gait and the confidence he exudes while walking, or in other words, his 'i no send you' waka.

It goes a long way to show the huge presence of Nigerians in engineering in US. Nigerians rarely go for ajebo courses like english literature, social work, biological biology or however they want to tus.h it up to sound appealing undecided, but the tough ones such as engineering, medicine, etc where the money is. tongue

Aw come on man, you've let the cat out of the bag.

It's more fun to listen to the Nairalander US Visa rejects always thinking that we are all washing toilets, wiping poo or driving cabs over here grin

I'm in Pasadena and when you're in town next we should do lunch. I'm in Healthcare Information Systems for a major HMO.

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by bigfrancis21: 4:39am On Apr 06, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

NSBE - good to know my funds are going to good use. Please tell me my fellow AA's werent busy using the conference as partying escapade.

Natural sciences, gotta love and hate em. I knew a smart nigerian who majored in Economics, hope that was satisfying and hard enough for her.

LOL. Parties and discos were held but not in the career fair booth but somewhere else in the building in the evening. I met some quite smart and hardworking AAs at the event too.

AAs made the United States a conducive and thriving environment that black immigrants enjoy today! Gotta give it up to you guys! smiley

6 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by megawax8: 4:40am On Apr 06, 2015
alabi484:
who says Nigerians are dullards...? wink
We are 160 million o...... This is just about ONE person.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by seangy4konji: 4:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Thank God for your life.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 06, 2015
How I wish most igbos are like this, and not. . . . .

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by AAinEqGuinea: 4:58am On Apr 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

LOL. Parties and discos were held but not in the career fair booth but somewhere else in the building in the evening. I met some quite smart and hardworking AAs at the event too.

AAs made the United States a conducive and thriving environment that black immigrants enjoy today! Gotta give it up to you guys! smiley

ahh great news. It goes without being exclaimed, our history and progress here in the States. But maintaining that legacy becomes the challenge, ensuring our legacy doesn't become an embarrassing reflection with today's youth. Good to know they're remaining busy and serious.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 06, 2015
I claim this for my Nnamdi

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by VoteOutPDPJona: 5:25am On Apr 06, 2015
CyberWolf:
Igbos are going places cool....Keep it up bro. Let them shove both the presidency and senate presidency up their anvs. It will never keep us from moving higher..

Nwanne were ya nwayo. We cannot continue to boil in anger thus giving elements like irunMADNESSoboo the joy of castigating Alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by christopher123(m): 5:25am On Apr 06, 2015
knightsTempler:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/04/pf/college/immigrant-accepted-all-ivy-league-schools-harold-ekeh/

For the haterd of igbo keep hating for the guy congrats and lord be with u and to my fellow igbo lord is with us. They might not want us to be president lord has made us special in nigeria and lord has blessed us. harold you are a rolemodel to my kids

If been president will make us behave like them lord pls let us not be..we thank you lord for our life and achievements...above all our christianity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by christopher123(m): 5:31am On Apr 06, 2015
dhtml18:
How I wish most igbos are like this, and not. . . . .

God has been with us. Education we surpass business we are good sports you know it naa then crime we outsmart u...just African Jews

But they say we don't go to school yet we produce finest

Happy birthday me

5 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by VoteOutPDPJona: 5:34am On Apr 06, 2015
armadeo:
God one. Keep the flag flying.

[size=18pt]Anyone noticed the title was Nigerian not Yoruba, Hausa ijaw or IBO. That's how the world sees us until we see ourselves as such ain't no point in the marriage[/size].

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by christopher123(m): 5:39am On Apr 06, 2015
UGLYS:
Why are Nigerians aversed to remarkable achievements like this?

If its ten signs she wants to have sex; professors, savants and dons will flood the topic to register their thoughts, shameful.

You don't understand ..the case is that they expect igbo to be down but to their dismay igbo keep suprising them ..tour correct they will envy instaed of congratulate

That's nigerian for u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by ObamaUS: 5:42am On Apr 06, 2015
@Armadeo...God bless u.None of us holds any diff passport.The ibos dont have biafran passport,yorubas dont have Odua pp and neither do the hausas possess arewa pp.We all hold the Nigerian passport.We must see ourselves as One.God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by busoye19: 5:53am On Apr 06, 2015
200 likes for this young Nigerian, who has made us proud.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Ogoanita(f): 5:57am On Apr 06, 2015
Wow, DAT awesome
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 06, 2015
softapple:
wow thats good, this is why its good to be rich becaus things are just going to be easy for you and u can give your children the best education in a developed country.

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by ophilly: 6:04am On Apr 06, 2015
A GPA of more than 100%? How attainable is this? That can only happen over there.

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Decryptor(m): 6:07am On Apr 06, 2015
CyberWolf:
Igbos are going places cool....Keep it up bro. Let them shove both the presidency and senate presidency up their anvs. It will never keep us from moving higher..

You beat me to it bro.This here is one of the numerous reasons why we are envied and hated by other tribes. Our brilliance speaks for us whereever we go. #ProudlyIgbo

4 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Decryptor(m): 6:13am On Apr 06, 2015
asala1:

Are you still bitter?

Not as bitter as some bigots and igbo haterz who will see this news smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by rukkyland(m): 6:23am On Apr 06, 2015
well done boy..#but there are thousands of such talents in Nigeria but our system both political, educational and d likes cld nt harnessed such talents..most which will eventually end up in frustration just because they are nt privilege to be born with a silver spoon.

our system is characterized by political catastrophe, quagmire, hullabaloo and uncertainty..

I believe so much in the incoming government. please bring us the CHANGE you've been professing. one luv.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Ryabcool(m): 6:23am On Apr 06, 2015
CyberWolf:
lmao! frustrated soul... nigga when will you learn? bigotry did not help you win election, will it help you succeed in other fields? just give it up already grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 06, 2015
Nice one bro,

My school have won Model UN in 2014 and again last week for 2015. a team made up of 7 Nigerians and 3 foreigners.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:34am On Apr 06, 2015
100.5 GPA scores!!! Lord have mercy! This dude is a freaking genius.

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by tsdarkside(m): 6:34am On Apr 06, 2015
its not a good idea,for him to go abroad go learn,this oyinbo-devils will manipulate his mind.... angry angry angry
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by DrMoffy(m): 6:36am On Apr 06, 2015
christopher123:

You don't understand ..the case is that they expect igbo to be down but to their dismay igbo keep suprising them ..tour correct they will envy instaed of congratulate

That's nigerian for u
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Lucasbalo(m): 6:37am On Apr 06, 2015
Congrats to the young guy. The bottom line is that this is common in US, at least in Chicago where I reside. We get so many Nigerians attending University of Chicago and Northwestern University in Evanston . This two colleges are on the same par with Ivy League colleges. I belong to Nigeria Professional Organisation that have physicians, lawyers, engineers, professors and others. For those that always bad mouth Nigerians in America, eats your heart out. A lots of Nigerians in US are doing very well. For those that are doing casual work, as long as it is legal and you can pay your bills and take care of your family. It's no shame. The only ones I don't care for are the dope dealers and credit card fraudsters. Their is dignity in honest labor. Once again, kudos to the young man.

5 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by DrMoffy(m): 6:37am On Apr 06, 2015
christopher123:

That's nigerian for u
I urge ur fellow kinsmen who have better exposure and understanding about life to erase ds kind of mentality from Igbo race. This is d kind of mindset dat breeds tribalism and hatred. If d older generatn made d same mistake of polluting minds then we all need to work hard and eradicate it in our own generation because of innocent kids....

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Wow. The boy is a genius!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices / Final Year Student Of FUOYE, Ekiti Dies In An Accident (Graphic Photos) / How A Futo Student Was Given A Muddy Bath After His Final Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.